Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

What exactly was said?

I asked him who is gonna design Gringotts and he replied with something like don’t worry the project is in capable hands. So he straight gave it away that they are already working on it.

Edited by Textorix

There’s still a chance that epilogue Ron and Hermione will be a GWP down the line (as these usually don’t coincide with the initial release date of the D2C sets). In which case the two random extra figures will be relatively nice ‘fillers’. Technically speaking, as they are based on the epilogue scene it is entirely normal that we don’t know their names. I haven’t looked back at the movies, but they may well appear on screen in the background (no doubt someone will check!), in which case, why not?..

in the end, if Ron and Hermione appear as GWP then it’ll no doubt boost sales if you can only get them with the Hogwarts Express set. After all, it’s all about the bottom line and I’d be surprised if these aspects hadn’t been considered.

The 'worry' about someone else designing Gringotts is that they decide to take it in a totally different direction so that it really doesn't work well with Diagon Alley. That would be such a shame, because although whatever they come up with would no doubt be cool, the inability to tie the two together would frustrate everyone.

15 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Technically speaking, as they are based on the epilogue scene it is entirely normal that we don’t know their names. I haven’t looked back at the movies, but they may well appear on screen in the background (no doubt someone will check!), in which case, why not?..

I've checked. They are not. I personally don't mind them through. You can put them in the train or with other Hogwarts sets. I like scene's to be as most movie-accurate as possible so I do not place them on the platform, as there were no people in Hogwarts robes.

What do you define as "work well with Diagon Alley"? Because I don’t need pin points or picture that says "look, they are compatibile and they connect togather here". All I need from this set is to not be scaled down to a playset like Ministry of Magic, but also not oversized like some Gringotts MOCs that I saw on the internet. It just have to be a little bit taller and wider than regular DA building and that is all I need from it to be displayable with 2020 Diagon Alley.

22 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

There’s still a chance that epilogue Ron and Hermione will be a GWP down the line (as these usually don’t coincide with the initial release date of the D2C sets).

Very small chance. From what Marcos said it sounds like it’s definitive and there is no room for their additional inclusion. CMF series would be more likely than GWP imo.

Edited by Textorix

6 hours ago, Textorix said:

It’s because Marcos pretty much confirmed they are working on it when I asked him who is gonna design it. So now it’s not s question if we get Gringotts but when, and I think it’s 90% next summer.

Oh I totally agree. They have given us other arguably less famous locations this summer and I'm sure it's just a case of stretching the them out. Add to that the new decorations in the London Lego store and they clearly know that where DA is, Gringotts should be also. Marcos' comments indicate that he finished working on the train around a year ago so their planning is well ahead as we all know and he understandably can't reveal too much. I'm sure they will want to get Gringotts out there whilst DA is still on the shelves, but that's not retiring yet so they have ample time. I just hope that after all this Gringotts is done to the same scale and is compatible with DA. I can wait, but if they don't do that it would be completely illogical. I'm thinking maybe instead of a half baseplate it's a full one do that when you can put the two sides of DA facing inwards to create the street and then you can add Gringotts to the end to complete it. I don't know what Justin Ramsden is working on now, but the way he has taken the Sanctum Santorum and turned a set that has previously been done in say the style of the Ministry or Grimmauld and turned it into a more modular building it would be great if he could also get his hands on Gringotts. 

Well said.

Haha thank you :grin:

Edited by BacktoBricks

52 minutes ago, Textorix said:

What do you define as "work well with Diagon Alley"?

For me, Gringott shoul be obviously wider and higher than a single Diagon Alley section, but with comparable dimensions and style, so that you can put it near Diagon Alley and say: "Hey, it looks like this is a single set".

Edited by BrickMatit

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't know what Justin Ramsden is working on now, but the way he has taken the Sanctum Santorum and turned a set that has previously been done in say the style of the Ministry or Grimmauld and turned it into a more modular building it would be great if he could also get his hands on Gringotts. 

Which is funny, because the previous Sanctum was also designed by him :laugh:

D2C set or not, Ramsden working on Gringotts would be amazing! However, there are plenty of other great designers too, so I‘m sure it‘s gonna be an excellent set no matter who ended up working on it

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which is funny, because the previous Sanctum was also designed by him :laugh:

D2C set or not, Ramsden working on Gringotts would be amazing! However, there are plenty of other great designers too, so I‘m sure it‘s gonna be an excellent set no matter who ended up working on it

I know, but it feels like he's getting the idea of what works so if he was doing it he would know now to go in the more modular direction. We're just not in the same place we were with Lego buildings and sets as even four years ago when that first Sanctum was released. But yes, there are plenty of other great designers too. :sweet:

33 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

For me, Gringott shoul be obviously wider and higher than a single Diagon Alley section, but with comparable dimensions and style, so that you can put it near Diagon Alley and say: "Hey, it looks like this is a single set".

Yeah, these are my criteria for it aswell.

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

I asked him who is gonna design Gringotts and he replied with something like don’t worry the project is in capable hands. So he straight gave it away that they are already working on it.

Still not convinced he wasn’t trolling

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

The 'worry' about someone else designing Gringotts is that they decide to take it in a totally different direction so that it really doesn't work well with Diagon Alley. That would be such a shame, because although whatever they come up with would no doubt be cool, the inability to tie the two together would frustrate everyone.

Have faith :) Look at Ninjago city sets… each was design by different dwsigner(s) and yet they come together well :) I think that Lego knows how much Fans praise for DA add on. 

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still not convinced he wasn’t trolling

I'd lean in a different direction. By project I wouldn't be surprised if he meant the Harry Potter team in general.

2 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I'd lean in a different direction. By project I wouldn't be surprised if he meant the Harry Potter team in general.

I think he probably did. However, if he doesn't know by now how his IG comments will be analysed for proof of Gringotts then more fool him. :tongue:

20 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I asked specificaly about Gringotts so I don’t think there is any other way to interpret his answer. He just couldn’t use the word Gringotts, because it’s too early to officially reveal that. If he just wanted to dodge the question he wouldn’t use wording THE project, but instead he would just said that the theme is in good hands. He knows what we want and he knows we aren’t stupid. We are just spoiled from last years and don’t wanna be disappointed again :DDD

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

What do you define as "work well with Diagon Alley"? Because I don’t need pin points or picture that says "look, they are compatibile and they connect togather here". All I need from this set is to not be scaled down to a playset like Ministry of Magic, but also not oversized like some Gringotts MOCs that I saw on the internet. It just have to be a little bit taller and wider than regular DA building and that is all I need from it to be displayable with 2020 Diagon Alley.

Agreed, they don't need to be able to pin together, but I'd want it to be able to stand next to Diagon Alley and work. That probably means continuity of the alley in some form, a similar scale (although it can be a different size, because Gringotts is larger), and they could have a different approach, perhaps being 24, or 32 studs deep, rather than only 16, which could still work well with DA. It would just be a shame if they decided to go in a complete different direction, like 2018-2020 vs 2021-2022, or down to a simpler playset, or a $500 Icons or HE style centrepiece.

50 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Yes, this.

7 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Have faith :) Look at Ninjago city sets… each was design by different dwsigner(s) and yet they come together well :) I think that Lego knows how much Fans praise for DA add on. 

That's what I'd hope for, but Ninjago appears to have considerable restraint when not coming up with something 'totally new', which many designers like to do, to put their own stamp on things. And the fact that the Harry Potter line changes things the most makes it feel like if it's going to happen anywhere, it will be here. Whatever they come up with, it will no doubt be amazing and I shall enjoy looking at it. It just that, for me, I hope it links nicely with DA. And while LEGO may know this, they also have a habit of doing things that people haven't asked for, or don't want. Like the Hogwarts 2021-2022 redesign, the Icons, the oversized HE, the changing of school robe designs on minifigures. So, nervously optimistic, maybe?

2 hours ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

This is the way I read his response also.  Some people try to read too much into everything any of the designers say.  Just like last year when he said the later movies were too dark a lot of people translated that into we'd never see any sets based on the last few movies but look at what was actually just released this year.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

Some people try to read too much into everything any of the designers say. 

When I ask about Gringotts and in reply he says "the project" I don’t think I read too much into it when I assume he means Gringotts too. But sure I get that people still have doubts … after what this thread went though last year it’s understandable :D

Edited by Textorix

6 hours ago, Textorix said:

Very small chance. From what Marcos said it sounds like it’s definitive and there is no room for their additional inclusion. CMF series would be more likely than GWP imo.

Agreed. I think a series 3 CMF is our best chance of getting the missing epilogue characters at this point, or at the very least Ron and Hermione. As for the Harry variant to round off the requisite trio - personally my choice would be a battle of the seven Potters outfit, since even if they made a set of that scene they’d never fit all the Harry’s in it - probably one of the few army builders you could do for the theme. 

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Agreed. I think a series 3 CMF is our best chance of getting the missing epilogue characters at this point, or at the very least Ron and Hermione. 

Agreed, but I don't think a third series is on the table anymore, and frankly, do we even need it? Most of the missing characters can easily be inserted into sets, and with only 12 spots, they may as well not bother with it at all :tongue: The focus seems to have shifted back to unlicensed series anyway, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, but I don't think a third series is on the table anymore, and frankly, do we even need it? Most of the missing characters can easily be inserted into sets, and with only 12 spots, they may as well not bother with it at all :tongue: The focus seems to have shifted back to unlicensed series anyway, unfortunately.

While it’s arguable that any missing characters/variants could fit in sets, the fact of the matter is that budgeting, set size, or merely balancing out what the higher ups want means they don’t alway do so. After all, we’re talking about two character variants that would only have ever fit into a collector’s edition Hogwarts Express that the designers ultimately decided they couldn’t include. And just look at what we got in previous CMFs. Ginny in her Slug Club party outfit technically would have fit in the Astronomy Tower set, but there simply wasn’t room for her, and the extra mold budget of a CMF definitely worked in her favor. Speaking of new molds, I get that a lot of people are ambivalent about the Moaning Myrtle in this year’s advent calendar, but that never would have happened if she hadn’t appeared in a CMF first, since advent calendars don’t introduce new molds. 

Maybe we won’t see any more Harry Potter CMFs, but I think the format still has the potential to give a lot to the theme that we might never get otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Maybe we won’t see any more Harry Potter CMFs, but I think the format still has the potential to give a lot to the theme that we might never get otherwise. 

My most anticipated variants of existing characters are these 6 (half a CMF already):

screenshot.png

I don't think you can pull this off without 4 new molds. CMF is best way to do that I think.

5 hours ago, Textorix said:

I asked specificaly about Gringotts so I don’t think there is any other way to interpret his answer. He just couldn’t use the word Gringotts, because it’s too early to officially reveal that. If he just wanted to dodge the question he wouldn’t use wording THE project, but instead he would just said that the theme is in good hands. He knows what we want and he knows we aren’t stupid. We are just spoiled from last years and don’t wanna be disappointed again :DDD

You asked him two questions: " You will no longer be in design lead? Damn who is gonna design Gringotts then?"

His response: " the project is in very capable hands, don’t worry! ;) " could be to either question or both. 

It's all open to interpretation just like the responses he gave last year and the year before.  I'm not saying we aren't getting Gringotts, I just think his answers are always worded in a way that are definitely non-commital.  I know that two years ago when he was specifically asked about Gringotts in a video interview the answer he gave was nothing definitive but the look on his face definitely seemed to indicate that Gringotts was already being planned, kind of like the wink at the end of his typed response to you.  So I think the written response was to your first question for the theme overall & the wink was to your second. It's quite possible he laid the groundwork for the design but others will actually execute the final build.