Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

It's a really nice looking set but I don't know that I'm willing to spend the money they will be asking for it.  I'll need to actually see it built in person before I make a final decision.  I would love to have the Minifigs though.

No, no, hell NO! Out of scale, riddiculous price, meh figs… Its kinda relief that I can save USD 500 :) 

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Man, it's a very nice looking set but HARD pass. $500 is absolutely mental for what this set does for you. Good assortment of figs, luckily (As I won't buy this) none of them are completely must haves for me. The first two D2C HP sets scream for companion sets but we go for this.

Similar feelings here. Looks pretty good but it's too big, too expensive and doesn't fit with anything i already own so pass for me as well.

Edited by sahidko

Impressive train but compared to the Disney train, I can’t help but think you don’t get a lot of value for the price. Just a train and a piece of platform. No motorized train, no real tracks, no station building. The figs are not interesting to me cause I don’t need more figs of Harry. 
And the price difference is huge! Yes you get more bricks but I don’t see it back in the end result. Just a bigger train. I loved the Disney train station. Too bad this Potter one is a display set rather than a play and display set. 
I got the castle and diagon alley sets but €500 is too much for me to justify on a set. But I do like the train, just not so much I would buy it. 

5 hours ago, droobles said:

So who wants to go dig up all the old posts in this thread claiming it was impossible for LEGO to try to sell a $500 Hogwarts Express? :laugh:

Not me. I suggested it and always thought it was perfectly possible. Unfortunately whilst it is a lovely model, at that price it is a tough pill to swallow. But it's clearly aimed at catching the eye of even non-Lego fans and the general consumer as a recognisable display piece.

I'm not sold, really. I think what's there is absolutely beautiful (not to mention massive), but I can't help but feel that what's not there has a bigger presence than what is. I might have seriously considered this if it had one or two more cabins, or alternatively a much larger section of the station, and it feels like they tried to do both and it came to a compromise that can't truly be either way. I also rarely criticize large sets for figure selection, but having epilogue figures for Harry and Ginny's family but not Ron and Hermionie's isn't a great setup, seeing as how they really have to complete the scene altogether. All in all, I like it, but I can't overlook its flaws enough to even think about getting it. 

Alright, so I love the build. It's extremely impressive — so huge and so detailed. All compartments look good too. King's Cross is also fantastic. 

The minifigures work for this set, and are all cool, but I genuinely can't believe they chose two generic students over adult Hermione and Ron. Looks like we'll never get them I guess.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The minifigures work for this set, and are all cool, but I genuinely can't believe they chose two generic students over adult Hermione and Ron. Looks like we'll never get them I guess.

Let's be honest here, those two students are there for diversity, which I'm all for if say it is a creator or generic set, but when it's something licensed liked this and probably our only opportunity to get older Ron and Hermione, Rose and Hugo or even just Ron and Hemione it's disappointing.

Overall, I feel like this set isn't really doing enough for me to warrant the price.  The train doesn't have any more passenger cars than the 2018 version, and the platform manages to feel less substantial with the removal of parts like the bridge.  I am not looking forward to how much the minifigures might end up costing separately though, considering how many new ones are featured.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego really sent someone the train instead of the castle…thats really funny 

There's a few people in my NZ Lego group on FB who got this set instead of the castle they ordered. Apparently the size and weight of the boxes are the same for the 2 sets. I think it's fair to assume this mixup has happened to several Australian customers as well, as both NZ and Aus orders ship from the same warehouse. I wonder if this is also happening in other countries or just NZ/Aus?

For me, at that pricepoint, LEGO can jog on. Think this seems to be a popular opinion.

The train itself is really stunning, I can't deny that. Can't really pick fault with it other than wishing it had a couple more carriages.

Don't need any more variations of Harry in a jacket, Lupin is cool, the new Ron's are ok. The epilogue is burned from my memory, so the minifigs don't really mean much to me. To see duplicate minifigs in a set this expensive is a bit of a letdown though, but overall makes the decision to pass on the set easier (and tbh what can LEGO do when they've produced so many of the trio's looks throughout the films).

Also, really cringing at the forced diversity thrown in as nameless characters, when you could have had Lee Jordan with a tarantula as a nice nod to the books, or Blaise Zabini chilling with Draco. I'm sure lots of young kids are stoked to see themselves represented as "Ravenclaw Student" and "Hufflepuff Student" :look: I know HP isn't the most diverse franchise, but there are named characters that would actually fit in this set, so it's a confusing decision LEGO have made.

Instead of the epilogue minifigs, I would have added Lavender Brown, suited Lord Voldemort on the platform, Blaise and Pansy, and Mrs Weasley and Ginny from Philosopher's Stone. 

Edited by drewdotexe

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Looks to be scale to me. Lego trains have always been undersized. Steam engines are big things

It is too big! The train the Hogwarts Express is based on is the GWR 4900 Class 5972 Olton Hall. The GWR 4900 is 4m tall. Looking at the pic of the rear of the box, from the rails to the top of the cab is somewhere between 2 1/2 - 3 minifigs high. So an adult minifig would then be somewhere between 1.33 and 1.6 meters tall, kind of short if you ask me...

The new large train wheel looks like 6 studs in diameter (which is larger than a minifig) and on the real train  those wheels are 1.8m in diameter. Compared to that a minifig would be ~1.44m tall...

I mean, as a display set it looks great. Although I find it perplexing that at the price point they can’t give us more of the platform - as others have said, what are you supposed to do with this?! It’ll be a hard pass from me too as I have no idea how this would fit in with anything else I have…

the epilogue minifigures are really well done (bar the generic students) but this is by no way enough to save this set. Good luck to Lego, I’m sure they’ll find a market for this..

I'm not getting the set, but wanted to give thoughts. Honestly the train does not interest me at all, its visually interesting as a display model but you are limited with interactions at the larger scale it won't fit well with the other trains they have. I like the station build segment more than the train, though a ton of wasted parts on the lower segment to get it up to the height needed for displaying alongside the train. If they sold that station segment individually I'd probably wind up buying it as I feel the Platform and going through the wall is more iconic to me than the train.

Its 10 studs (or more) wide and tracks are 8 studs wide. So hardly fits on existing track system. Compared to the minifigs and other buildings which you might have its ridiculously large... As standalone display set - I guess its ok. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Let's be honest here, those two students are there for diversity, which I'm all for if say it is a creator or generic set, but when it's something licensed liked this and probably our only opportunity to get older Ron and Hermione, Rose and Hugo or even just Ron and Hemione it's disappointing.

They've probably added them to make the display more natural, seeing as there were tons of Hogwarts students when the adult trio were there, which is really cool.

What is not cool is the fact that they didn't include Ron and Hermione. I don't know if this was a one-or-the-other case with those two and the students, but the fact that they've included two made-up students and not the main characters as adults, which we'll probably never get it seems, is beyond ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, 1340cc said:

There's a few people in my NZ Lego group on FB who got this set instead of the castle they ordered. Apparently the size and weight of the boxes are the same for the 2 sets. I think it's fair to assume this mixup has happened to several Australian customers as well, as both NZ and Aus orders ship from the same warehouse. I wonder if this is also happening in other countries or just NZ/Aus?

Can you or anybody else point me in the direction for one of those Groups or share a little more information about that matter? Thank you very much! :)

Anyone know the UK price? I think £450?

It looks great as a display piece, there is no doubt about that, but like the castle won't be for everyone like the microscope castle. 

Happy to see Lego are trying different scales which will help the themes longevity as this isn't really of a remake of the 2018 HE. 

Also love how an unnamed Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are included, would like more of that. Shame the trolley witch is the PS one, and they bothered to include some of the epilogue figures, would have much preferred another member of the HE crew and the Death Eater attack from DHII. 

59 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

It is too big! The train the Hogwarts Express is based on is the GWR 4900 Class 5972 Olton Hall. The GWR 4900 is 4m tall. Looking at the pic of the rear of the box, from the rails to the top of the cab is somewhere between 2 1/2 - 3 minifigs high. So an adult minifig would then be somewhere between 1.33 and 1.6 meters tall, kind of short if you ask me...

The new large train wheel looks like 6 studs in diameter (which is larger than a minifig) and on the real train  those wheels are 1.8m in diameter. Compared to that a minifig would be ~1.44m tall...

Yesterday I watched a review of the new minifig scale Aston Martin. It's supposed to be a very small car while the Lego set proportions make it look like it's a huge SUV -  towering any figure.

I think the car looks as good as Lego can do. Probably amongst the best sets of this scale they were ever able to design.

Lego physics are simply limited. Any train has only 4 studs wide interior and is 6 studs wide counting also the exterior. With thin window pieces you can push seats to one side but basically the "hallway" remaining is 1,5 studs thick and best case only a suggestion for figs to squeeze through.

Same with exterior: All these details wouldn't be possible if you go standard minifigscale. So what do you want? You want almost the same train set of last time but with more figs, bigger train station, more tracks and 3 waggons? Or you want UCS style train with focus on the exterior but only one waggon (otherwise more money) as well as proportions which are off?

Edit: Someone's gotta make a top 10 list of the most iconic ways Lego leaked super confidential sets themselves. I imagine for folks opening their expected castle box this must be the best leak ever. I wonder if Lego will require them to send back sets?

4 Harry and 2 mini Harry in the same set? Jises. I like the adult Harry though. I'm really disappointed about the minifigs, it's only Harry & Ginnys kids and the conductor that is the new charactars..

It's an amazing set but it's over priced. I've all the other D2C set from HP but Idk If I think it's worth to buy the set. I hope it dosen't ends up to be an lego exclusive set and comes to retailers at some point. Than it's possible to find it for a better price.

The platform could be modded a bit and that could be fun, otherwise it's only a display set for me.

I for one am very glad it‘s a Crocodile style display model :laugh: Much easier to display, compared to a huge rail setup as I initially feared!

I love pretty much everything about this set except for:

• Lack of epilogue Ron & Hermione
  • Lack of space to display all the minifigs on the exterior without it being overcrowded
  • Not everything being visible at once (e.g., the back of the platform) unless you display the set on a table or desk
  • The fact this got made before Gringotts, should‘ve swapped places :tongue:

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Turns out, it‘s wall decoration found in the reopened Leicester Square store:

https://blocksmag.com/first-look-inside-the-worlds-biggest-lego-store/

*Putting on tinfoil hat*

A Gringotts goblin illustration complete with new mould next to a huge Gringotts model including the dragon? Would they include this in the flagship store if they didn‘t have any plans? 2023 may finally be the year :excited:

Off topic on the train back to this - the gringotts itself doesn’t look brick built in similar vibe to the rest of the Diagon alley. It’s more just a podium for the dragon. But the dragon does look like a large version of a brick built model….

so continuing your tin foil hat theory

is one of the 2 winter 2023 sets the Gringotts dragon, maybe with a bit of track and/or the vault, and then also includes Harry, Ron, Bella/Hermione, Griphook and a new goblin or 2

Then with that covered it leaves a future big Diagon Alley-styled Gringotts set to be PS-themed with Harry going for the first time

I share the disappointment over adult Ron and Hermione missing, but there may still be a surprise in store there. Surely the Lego designers will anticipate this sentiment, even they know everyone wants the original trio at both the start and end of the journey. But remember DA and the surprise Harry+Hagrid box? I wouldn’t be surprised if they again include a little box with step 22 or whatever which includes adult Ron+Hermione and a little brick-built luggage trolley or something.