Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Front of the Hogwarts Express Box art has leaked. First impressions: there's not a lot of King's Cross for the money and whilst it is certainly impressive it just doesn't seem worth the money to me with just one carriage and little surrounding station. Of course, you can't see any figs and I'm sure that alone will make some of us buy this rather than pay secondary market prices for them all. But would I buy this for the train itself? No.

Edit: Side of box with figs is also out there too.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I feel like the scale of the train is off. It looks too big to me in comparison to the minifigures standing on the platform. I think this might be a skip for me.

Huh only now after seeing the dimensions I realized how big it is. Looks good, however not something that would interest me at all.

3 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

there’s a batteries included icon on front of box so presumably some kind of light brick

Looking at the close-ups of the three compartment vignettes on the back of the box, it almost seems like there's a light brick in each compartment to illuminate the interior. Note how there's a dark bluish grey 2x element with shallow tubes (the same appearance as the bottom of a light brick) behind the quote tiles, with a glow shining down from each.

If this is true, would this be the first ever LEGO set to include three light bricks?

12 minutes ago, RedBrick1 said:

Looks to be completely static and not compatible with the current LEGO System train track. 

Yes, looks too wide but it means more details!

Edited by TandNbricks

1 minute ago, TandNbricks said:

Yes, looks too wide but it means more details!

They could have gone 8-wide with this, fit virtually all of the same details into the set, and then it would have been usable for those with LEGO Train layouts. The Emerald Night was released over a decade ago and this was their chance to finally offer Train fans a new set in the same vein. I was really hoping they would take that opportunity. 

New train is beautiful but Diagon Alley is the only large set I've ever bought from this theme and that got a $100 increase here in oz with the new price hikes. So this set will be over $700 possibly $800. Crazy. I don't think the figures are different enough for them to be must have figures and it looks like none have leg printing which always annoys me in these expensive sets. The one carriage is a shame and the station is pretty small but the detail in it is great. 

I'll live in hope that lego sends me this by accident like the leaker but not for me at the moment but there is a market for these sets. I just wonder how high can lego go with pricing before people stop buying these type of sets in the quantities that make them profitable for lego.. 

I wonder if it doesn't fit on normal tracks will the train fans want it either. 

The Hogwarts Express looks fantastic! The minifigure selection is a bit lacking, though. Older Hermione and Ron not being included to recreate the epilogue scene is disappointing.

Honestly, it looks good. I think the scale works pretty good next to the minifigures, definitely shouldn't have been bigger though, real shame it doesn't fit on regular tracks. I'm still upset we didn't get the entire epilogue cast though. I really hope they'll fix that sooner rather than later via a cmf series, advent calendar or whatever. Although in the end the pricing is really what's going to make or break my decision to buy it or not.

I don’t care for the train much at all and getting so little of King’s Crossing is pretty disappointing. But those mini figs are to die for, there’s so many exclusive variants. HBP Draco, Lupin, PS Ron, and the epilogue Potter family. Man I really don’t want to buy this set, I really don’t but those figs man…

Edited by RODDY

The train looks fantastic. I would have expected more of the station, though. The figs look great, too. I can see why they only included one cart... adding on another would likely make the thing roughly 65 inches long - longer than the Titanic and likely about as expensive. Not sure I'd be up for that, as it wouldn't add much other than more display presence, which it already has a great deal of to begin with. 

Looks really impressive but disappointed in parts of it. -  Lack of minifigures of all the Epilogue seems the only other chance to get them is in a CMF series. I'd really hope that this train is compatible with the trains, or this may just be a really good looking dust collector, and the lack of King's Cross station is also a major disappointment. Overall the set should be 400-450 US at most. 

The minifigures they did include are really great and the train design itself is perfection. 

So who wants to go dig up all the old posts in this thread claiming it was impossible for LEGO to try to sell a $500 Hogwarts Express? :laugh:

38 minutes ago, droobles said:

So who wants to go dig up all the old posts in this thread claiming it was impossible for LEGO to try to sell a $500 Hogwarts Express? :laugh:

In fairness to myself and others, the argument was over a potential motorized minifig-scale Express, not the big boi seen here.

37 minutes ago, droobles said:

Ugh, probably too many to count, although none written by me. Although I am surprised that they went full display mode on this instead of giving us a train with power functions. Maybe lego becoming more mainstream popular among adults during the pandemic is finally coming back to bite us - there’s a distinct lack of playability in a lot of the recent 18+ sets. 

Probably going to be a pass for me. It’s a beautiful set that looks like it’ll be fun to build and impressive on display, but not something I’m willing to shell out several hundred dollars for. Still, looking forward to seeing more pictures! 

It's strange that they neglected Hermione and Ron's family. Not to mention adult Draco and Scorpius, the latter of whom would have been a nice addition to go with Albus considering how Cursed Child goes.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I don’t care for the train much at all and getting so little of King’s Crossing is pretty disappointing. But those mini figs are to die for, there’s so many exclusive variants. HBP Draco, Lupin, PS Ron, and the epilogue Potter family. 

Funny I feel quite the opposite, though I don't buy sets this big and never well. The train looks like an absolutely amazing model, and I like the tasteful and well designed bit of King's Cross to accompany the train for display.

The minifigures however really do little for me. Some new accurate sweaters - great. I'd love a proper Year 6 Draco, but all this figure is for me is his torso. I guess LEGO really is happy with that reused face that looks nothing at all like Draco and has an inexcusable wrong eyebrow colour.

Epilogue Harry and Ginny are nice, but why the heck aren't those students swapped out for Ron and Hermione. Nobody needs more generic students in a set of this scale. I'm sure LEGO has a plan to release them, or at least I hope so, but given that this lineup is so incomplete and epilogue characters don't really interact with anything else in the HP line, I can totally do without them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad these largely do nothing for me, since I don't have a means to access them anyway. They mostly suit what LEGO is going for, besides the Epilogue lineup which is blatantly lacking.

That is the biggest disappointment in a LEGO set since that horrible Star Wars Hoth set from awhile back.

The train scale is big... okay. I rather a minifigure scale with a longer platform and more train cars. I really don't get what LEGO was thinking with this but at $500, nope, even $400 or $300. I just rather get the last train set that was $80 I believe.