Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 hours ago, mark1991t said:

@Brick Clicker on Instagram: ''New rumors are suggesting the train might be a lot bigger than originally thought... Not long till we find out for sure"

It seemed pretty big in the rumor. The rumor was that the train could be opened to show four different scenes. I thought it was going to be an engine and a train car, but twice as big in both dimensions. So you up up the front left half of the train car to see one scene, the back half for another, then turn the entire thing around and open up the other side to see the others. 

3 hours ago, SuperChris said:

LEGO’s Twitter have just wished Harry a happy birthday and used the #TheMagicIsYou. Do we think the Hogwarts Express could be announced today? 

TheMagicIsYou really feels like it should be more interactive / active than the D2C. Would we necessarily know if the lego HP video game were being revamped?

Especially considering the page they have for it has only has three links that aren't product pages. There's one to "lego life" in the app stores, one for "the characters" and one for "the game", which is suspiciously thin on info to have provided a page for it (and given they didn't even bother keeping it current for iOS, definitely a neglected property).

On the other hand lego life uses "Build and Share Your Favorite Scene" as a plug, so maybe they've another contest coming up...

If I’m remembering correctly, didn’t the D2C leak like a year ago tomorrow? Or at least some time around now? 

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

If I’m remembering correctly, didn’t the D2C leak like a year ago tomorrow? Or at least some time around now? 

Can’t remember, but with rumors suggesting an August 16th announcement it wouldn’t be shocking to get leaks anytime in the near future. That said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if lego staves off leaks until a couple days beforehand or even entirely. There have been several D2Cs (especially licensed ones) lately where no actual pictures have leaked, and the latest big licensed set leaks (Avatar) came through a third party retailer’s website, which isn’t something that can happen with D2Cs. 

HP Advent Calender pictures are on the Instagram of Promobricks and lego shop website

Edited by Bricknificent

Pics of the advent calendar's contents are out. Have to say, this has to be the least exciting calendar of them all for me. Sure Sirius and Tonks are good to get, but when you've just got Grimmauld Place neither feel particularly special. And does Sirius even wear that outfit did we discover? Neville is also a welcome figure, but everything else just feels very plain and uninspired. I don't really like Christmas theme figs, unless they fit with the material so say Christmas at a Grimmauld Place would have been perfect, but there is not even any real Christmas theme to the builds. I will pick it up for the figs, but it really doesn't inspire me unfortunately.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Oof this Advent Calendar is a tough pill for a completionist to swallow.

On the plus side, some of these builds (Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, Burrow, Tree with lake and Dementor) will be cute to put alongside the microscale Hogwarts D2C. Also love the Voldemort variant! 

What the heck is the thing behind the Triwizard cup though?!

Edited by evanevanevan

16 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

Clearly not a good representation of whatever it's meant to be. :laugh_hard: The plate colour would suggest something from Order of the Phoenix, but I'm currently confundussed. Room of Requirement maybe?

Edited by BacktoBricks

17 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

Maybe a trophy case from the trophy room?

Also, they didn't give Moaning Myrtle leg printing! Why do a downgraded version from the CMF?

14 minutes ago, strangely said:

Maybe a trophy case from the trophy room?

Also, they didn't give Moaning Myrtle leg printing! Why do a downgraded version from the CMF?

Because the current lego HP team is incompetent

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

43 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

the room of requirement maybe?

So Sirius's outfit is apparently the one from his Azkaban mugshot. I mean it's nice and all, but it feels like a strange advent calendar variant. Not very jovial :laugh_hard:

24 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Room of Requirement maybe?

Pretty sure that’s it. The dark grey micro figure is meant to represent the training dummy. And they used trans blue in the walls of the DA patronus set in 2020 to vaguely represent some of the more intangible aspects of the room, and that micro build has it too. 

What I want to know is what is Sirius holding? Harry, Voldemort, Tonks and Snape all clearly have wands, Myrtle doesn’t have anything and Neville has the sword, but Sirius seems to be holding a black Or dark brown tile of some sort. You can only see the edge of it in the full set image and it’s at an oblique angle in the one lifestyle photo Sirius is actually in, so it’s hard to tell what it’s supposed to be. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

What I want to know is what is Sirius holding? 

Think it's his Azkaban prisoner number tile like Bellatrix has in the CMF.

So the outfit Sirius is wearing is his outfit from his mugshot! I take back what I said about that being a stupid made up variant. I think it’s actually kind of clever to use that variant of him. 

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Because the current lego HP team is incompetent

Man, you gotta be joking, right?

11 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Man, you gotta be joking, right?

They had an amazing formula from 2018-2020, then they switched it all up and now designs are worse and worse. A good set here and there is not good enough. Ever since last year the theme has gone way down in quality. The Hogwarts builds are almost laughably bad. This calendar is kind of a disaster. Neville having a completely inaccurate torso, the most obscure Sirius variant they could come up with, the crappy Moments Snape which was a downgrade already, a massively downgraded Myrtle, another version of almost the exact same Tonks figure we got in another set…shall I go on?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So the outfit Sirius is wearing is his outfit from his mugshot! I take back what I said about that being a stupid made up variant. I think it’s actually kind of clever to use that variant of him. 

Sweet Merlin you’re right! No wonder none of us could figure out where it was from - the dang thing is only ever shown in grayscale with a placard covering most of it, but if you look closely you actually can see the zigzag print on his shirt in the mugshot. I was also going to quibble about the fact that every other character is a variant from the movie corresponding with their baseplate color, but casual clothes Sirius doesn’t fit with PoA - but he’s actually wearing his only casual outfit from that movie. 

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Sweet Merlin you’re right! No wonder none of us could figure out where it was from - the dang thing is only ever shown in grayscale with a placard covering most of it, but if you look closely you actually can see the zigzag print on his shirt in the mugshot. I was also going to quibble about the fact that every other character is a variant from the movie corresponding with their baseplate color, but casual clothes Sirius doesn’t fit with PoA - but he’s actually wearing his only casual outfit from that movie. 

I always thought he was wearing his Azkaban robes in the mugshot so I never thought about it as an option!

14 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They had an amazing formula from 2018-2020, then they switched it all up and now designs are worse and worse. A good set here and there is not good enough. Ever since last year the theme has gone way down in quality. The Hogwarts builds are almost laughably bad. This calendar is kind of a disaster. Neville having a completely inaccurate torso, the most obscure Sirius variant they could come up with, the crappy Moments Snape which was a downgrade already, a massively downgraded Myrtle, another version of almost the exact same Tonks figure we got in another set…shall I go on?

I absolutely agree last year had a drop in quality, but I heartily disagree for this one—in fact, I would argue it’s the best wave yet, with the possible exception of 2020. I mean, we’ve gotten three of the most requested sets since the reboot, all done quite well, a vastly updated Horntail, and a couple of mediocre but certainly not terrible Hogwarts—in fact, I quite like the Dumbledore’s office set, it’s a vast improvement over last year’s castle sets. We still haven’t seen the D2C, but if Brick Clicker is right about it being bigger, then there’s a chance it ends up being absolutely fantastic. This advent calendar certainly isn’t amazing, but it’s certainly not fair to judge the whole current theme based off of that.

30 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I absolutely agree last year had a drop in quality, but I heartily disagree for this one—in fact, I would argue it’s the best wave yet, with the possible exception of 2020. I mean, we’ve gotten three of the most requested sets since the reboot, all done quite well, a vastly updated Horntail, and a couple of mediocre but certainly not terrible Hogwarts—in fact, I quite like the Dumbledore’s office set, it’s a vast improvement over last year’s castle sets. We still haven’t seen the D2C, but if Brick Clicker is right about it being bigger, then there’s a chance it ends up being absolutely fantastic. This advent calendar certainly isn’t amazing, but it’s certainly not fair to judge the whole current theme based off of that.

It’s the general lack of effort seen the AC that gives me this viewpoint. Neville’s torso in particular is really frustrating. I definitely am happier with the calendar now that I know they didn’t just pull a Sirius variant out of thin air. As for the Horntail, it’s good but it still isn’t what we should have gotten. It’s a display piece like Fawkes and Hedwig. We need a play scale version like the Triwizard Challenge set but actually good this time. This one has no leg articulation and no wing articulation and very little head articulation. And its features are kind of exaggerated to fit the style of Hedwig and Fawkes. 

So the new Advent Calendar.

And I'm not interested.

So they've gone with 2/3 microbuilds and a figure based off each book. I'm getting sick of the microbuilds, especially Goblet of Fire and Triwizard Cup.

Also boring Snape and Harry figs with Hedwig as always.

The other microbuilds aren't that bad, they're all pretty recognisable, I did think for a moment the Gringotts and Dragon was a strange Hippogriff.

I just wish we had some cooler builds, like more paintings, suits of armour, Weasley and Honeydukes products, stuff to fill up sets and add to mocs. Also how about house robes with scarves and hats, which would look more Christmassy?

And if you want to do a board game, why not just make a full on board game like the older theme did?