Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

55 minutes ago, tbequ88 said:

I could be wrong about this, but I thought someone at Lego had commented on the license agreement for the Harry Potter theme, indicating that the agreement was between Lego and Warner Bros. Because of this, they are only able to create sets based on the movies. Things/scenes that didn't appear in the movies are off the table for potential sets. I can't find it, but this specific comment may have been in relation to requests for the common rooms/dorms. So, while I have no evidence, I think Moments sets of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms would be off the table. I could be entirely wrong about all of it.

They released a Quidditch Cedric Diggory minifigure which is not from the movies as he never was shown as such. That is based on the books.

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

They released a Quidditch Cedric Diggory minifigure which is not from the movies as he never was shown as such. That is based on the books.

No, we see Cedric playing Quidditch in PoA - he's the Hufflepuff seeker who gets struck by lightning.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Let’s not forget the alternate Dumbledore mirror of erised image (with him holding socks) from the 2018 Great Hall - the very first set of the reboot to be revealed. That’s definitely a book only Easter egg. 
Then there’s the little Ravenclaw dorm room in the 2020 Astronomy Tower, not to mention a few other minor details and technicalities scattered throughout the theme (for instance, we don’t see the interiors of half the Diagon Alley shops in the D2C, but that didn’t stop lego from making them with interiors). For that matter, just look at the most recent sets - Grimmauld Place includes the Horocrux locket hidden away in it despite it never being shown there in the movies (not to mention a sticker of a certain curtain covered portrait that never made it into the movie), and Arthur’s office is in the Ministry despite being completely skipped over in the films!

In short, Lego might not be able to do anything contradicting the films, but they’ve done plenty of things that didn’t actually appear in them. Most book exclusive content would be riskier to do a set based completely on, but house common rooms? Those are a shoe in. 

And I’m pretty sure I brought it up before, but it bears mentioning again - all four common rooms have appeared in previous digital games and will continue to appear in any digital game that allows players to choose a house. Hogwarts Mystery features all four common rooms, and Hogwarts Legacy certainly will as well. Both are products of Portkey Games, a company set up by Warner Bros to handle all their Harry Potter video game projects. So it’s not like Warner Bros doesn’t own rights to official appearances of the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff common rooms (the Gryffindor and Slytherin ones having already appeared in the movies). There really shouldn’t be anything stopping lego from making a series of four common rooms from a legal standpoint.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Feel free to disagree, but HBP doesn't have that much set potential in my opinion. What is left to cover? 

Borgin and Burke's and The Inferi Cave are the big ones from this film. 

I think they could cover most of the figure variants and props which are missing from HBP with an advent calendar (Cormac in quidditch or party outfit, Draco in a suit, the crystal sink, Tom Riddle from the memory, Slughorn in pyjamas, the assassination props etc).

The biggest omission for me is the vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement/hidden things, that definitely needs to be in a future set, which could also be DH based including the diadem. 

Pulling this completely out of thin air - but I’m theorising either 76413 or 76420 to be a quidditch set similar to this years trunk. A fold open quidditch pitch maybe designed to look like the chest the balls were kept in in movie 1. The four house quidditch uniforms with customisable heads/hairs to make random players, and Madam Hooch. They seem to like doing these gimmicky sets for Harry Potter, especially in the winter wave, and we’re also long overdue something quidditch themed.

2 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

Pulling this completely out of thin air - but I’m theorising either 76413 or 76420 to be a quidditch set similar to this years trunk. A fold open quidditch pitch maybe designed to look like the chest the balls were kept in in movie 1. The four house quidditch uniforms with customisable heads/hairs to make random players, and Madam Hooch. They seem to like doing these gimmicky sets for Harry Potter, especially in the winter wave, and we’re also long overdue something quidditch themed.

That sounds like a really good idea.

2 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

That sounds really nice actually, a beautiful idea. 

But I would swap Madame Hooch for either Lee Jordan as a commentator or Lockheart in his green outfit from the bludger scene in CoS 

6 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

But I would swap Madame Hooch for either Lee Jordan as a commentator or Lockheart in his green outfit from the bludger scene in CoS 

Maybe like a £50-£70 style quidditch pitch set with 4 stands, 2 goal posts, 7 players from both Slytherine and Gryffondore and maybe combine maybe movies 1 and 2 together with Quirrel, Lucias Malloy, Snape and Lockhart. It could be like a similar style to what the upcoming Hogwarts Express is gonna be like or the recent privat drive 

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Well, the Trunk included 6 figures: A Professor (McGonagall), a specific student (Harry), and 4 House students. This (fantastic) hypothetical set could have the same - A Professor (Hooch), a specific student (Lee Jordan), and 4 generic players, one for each House.

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, the Trunk included 6 figures: A Professor (McGonagall), a specific student (Harry), and 4 House students. This (fantastic) hypothetical set could have the same - A Professor (Hooch), a specific student (Lee Jordan), and 4 generic players, one for each House.

I was thinking the same thing. And honestly, the trunk format would work really well for quidditch and allow lego to do a new set for the sport without feeling horribly repetitive like the 2010 one did (I remember at the time the only thing exciting about it was the improved minifig lineup since the actual build wasn’t much of an improvement on the 2002 version. Any current iteration would have a similar issue of differentiating itself from the 2018 set). And Lego would have to be pretty lazy to miss the fact that lots of collectors want a set where they can get all 4 quidditch uniforms together, thrown in Lee Jordan with a new dreadlocks piece (well within budget since you don’t need many new prints) and you’ve got an easy moneymaker. 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:43 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

I think they could cover most of the figure variants and props which are missing from HBP with an advent calendar (Cormac in quidditch or party outfit, Draco in a suit, the crystal sink, Tom Riddle from the memory, Slughorn in pyjamas, the assassination props etc).

Someone on Instagram did a great mockup of sofa disguised Slughorn which I agree would be good in an Advent Calendar (even if it's not specifically Christmassy)

On 7/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, PotterBlocks said:

This is a brilliant idea. I really hope they do this actually. I wouldn't even be mad at the inevitable Harry/Draco/Cedric/Cho figures we'd get if it meant more accessibly uniforms and Quidditch bits and pieces.

Finished building the Shrienking Shack and while it is a good set overall I wouldn't recommend it with that price point attached to it.

12 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Well how big were we thinking?!

I don't know if it has something to do with the scale of the train, or with wagon count. If the last, maybe there might be more than one wagon.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:26 AM, Seaber said:

Borgin and Burke's and The Inferi Cave are the big ones from this film. 

Don't forget the Room of Requirement,maybe make it a Big Hogwarts Expansion,like $70-$80,have half the set be the Junk in the Room of Requirement with a Redesigned Vanishing Cabinet,and the other half a Bigger Office for Slughorn.

Figures would be Harry,Ginny,Draco in his Suit,Slughorn,and Ron affected with the Love Potion.

5 hours ago, Scuhro52 said:

Ron affected with the Love Potion

…not sure the scene where Ron ingests deadly poison is one lego is going to want to touch. Particularly since that scene also comes close to depicting the underage consumption of alcohol. 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

…not sure the scene where Ron ingests deadly poison is one lego is going to want to touch. Particularly since that scene also comes close to depicting the underage consumption of alcohol. 

Not to mention what the Love Potion basically is.

27 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Not to mention what the Love Potion basically is.

Ron on GHB :iamded_lol: 

With the train coming out and the limited shelf space in Lego stores, do we expect the Diagon Alley set to retire this year? 

(I’m not sure if it’s been discussed, and I don’t feel like going back through 131 pages)

LEGO’s Twitter have just wished Harry a happy birthday and used the #TheMagicIsYou. Do we think the Hogwarts Express could be announced today? 

Edited by SuperChris

1 hour ago, SuperChris said:

LEGO’s Twitter have just wished Harry a happy birthday and used the #TheMagicIsYou. Do we think the Hogwarts Express could be announced today? 

Doubtful, as they don't usually reveal sets on weekends. A recent rumour suggested a reveal on Aug 16th :classic:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Doubtful, as they don't usually reveal sets on weekends. A recent rumour suggested a reveal on Aug 16th :classic:

Good to know - thanks!