Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I also think that this would have been the perfect time to give us the Hog’s Head, since we’re unlikely to get an OotP version and a DH2 version wouldn’t offer much by way of Minifigure lineup

Oh yes, Hog’s Head would have been perfect! Also, if anything the Hogsmeade Village set shows that people really love these builds and they make a good addition to any Winter Village as well. 

22 hours ago, Jazzahh said:

Just saw Secrets of Dumbledore, and though I got the idea it was not that well received (also on here) I actually liked it! I really hope we do get some sets based on it, but I also know Lego seems a bit hesitant to burn their fingers with it. One thing that would be cool is Kowalski’s bakery, slightly in the open back dollhouse style of 4 Privet Drive so that it would also provide a closed building that fits in a city. Probably daydreaming here, but it would be nice!

A Kowalski Bakery would be cool, they could even recolour the Niffler piece to look like the iced bun version at the end of FB 1

There's a couple other set ideas I think would've worked great:

The Zouwu & Cirque de magique

French Ministry Archives with Matagots

There seem to be so many great options for sets, I truly hope they’ll surprise us with some. And I really enjoy the 1930’s architecture and cities, so they could also make a great addition to people’s modulars and cities.

We got March sets: 

76409: $34.99

76411: $34.99

76420: $44.99

76413: $49.99

76412: $34.99

76413: $34.99

So 4 book sets including recent price increases and probably more Hogwarts extensions 

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

We got March sets: 

76409: $34.99

76411: $34.99

76420: $44.99

76413: $49.99

76412: $34.99

76413: $34.99

So 4 book sets including recent price increases and probably more Hogwarts extensions 

Four moments book price point sets? Dare we hope they’re the house common rooms we’ve all been wishing for? Goodness knows I’d immediately snap those up if lego made them. The teachers could easily be switched out for the respective house ghosts, and we might get some interesting student characters if there’s no excuse to put a Gryffindor in every set. 

23 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Four moments book price point sets? Dare we hope they’re the house common rooms we’ve all been wishing for? Goodness knows I’d immediately snap those up if lego made them. The teachers could easily be switched out for the respective house ghosts, and we might get some interesting student characters if there’s no excuse to put a Gryffindor in every set. 

Yeah, I really hope we don't get four more moments books, but maybe they're more popular than I realize.

8 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yeah, I really hope we don't get four more moments books, but maybe they're more popular than I realize.

They’re enticing enough for certain collectors, and more importantly they’re relatively inexpensive while also not combining with any other sets, so they’re undoubtedly even more popular with the parents/kids demographic, which is why lego probably won’t stop making them anytime soon. 

Despite the fact none of mine remain built as books, I really like the moment sets. Don't like the new price though. 

I think common rooms are the most likely, hopefully we just get sofas and tables etc, no dormitory stuff. 

If it's not the common rooms, then they could be based on Lochart's DADA room, Lupin's DADA Room or Care of Magical Creatures if they're based on classes we've not yet had. DADA unlikely as we got Moody's last year, and Lochart's is available in CoS. Care of Magical Creatures and also something like Flying would be a little odd as are outside and so not much in the way of accessories. 

It could also be little adventures in Hogwarts, like the Troll in the Bathroom, Duelling Club, Chamber of Secrets, Dementor Lesson, etc. That would be quite good and expand the range a little, something I would be in favour of, but the common rooms would be my top pick. 

If it is a little Hogwarts House wave, my first choice would be the House Ghost and two students, although all the heads of houses have unmade variants which I would be happy with. 

I'm sure we'd get some more familiar faces, but here is a male and female student from each house which would add variety to the student rosters. 

Gryffindor - Lee Jordan and Romilda Vane

Slytherin - Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson

Hufflepuff - Ernie MacMillain and Leanne

Ravenclaw - Marcus Belby and Penelope Clearwater

Hey, I can dream :laugh:

I don't have a lot of wishes for this theme now, as it's given us pretty much everything — except lower-priced sets based on HBP and DH. I need those :excited:

Oh? Harry Potter Experience? That sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see what that is.  

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Hogwarts moments was very much tied to the castle, perhaps these are a similar idea but across the whole series rather than just the school?

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Hogwarts moments was very much tied to the castle, perhaps these are a similar idea but across the whole series rather than just the school?

Definitely sounds feasible, alternatively I could maybe see it being based on each house. Where the “experience” is being a student at Hogwarts with a common room/dormitory including spellbooks/pets/wizarding hobbies.

I love the idea of getting a different house ghost with each set.

And it’s significantly the biggest early wave we’ve ever had with 4 moments sized sets and 2 hospital wing sized sets. Twice as big as this year in fact, I hope Lego takes it easy with the summer 23 wave to compensate but they seem to be releasing as much as they can possibly sell.

5 minutes ago, Yope said:

Definitely sounds feasible, alternatively I could maybe see it being based on each house. Where the “experience” is being a student at Hogwarts with a common room/dormitory including spellbooks/pets/wizarding hobbies.

I love the idea of getting a different house ghost with each set.

And it’s significantly the biggest early wave we’ve ever had with 4 moments sized sets and 2 hospital wing sized sets. Twice as big as this year in fact, I hope Lego takes it easy with the summer 23 wave to compensate but they seem to be releasing as much as they can possibly sell.

Couches in one, squashy chairs in another, beds in a third, study /chess / Exploding Snap desks in the fourth...

I really need those House ghosts. And as we've had two Nicks, they could use that as an excuse to include yet another Harry instead if they wanted, although I'd much prefer a Peeves...  

50 % increase in size over this year's winter wave. We had the trunk, Hospital Wing, and two Moment sets: DADA and Divination. This would be two more. I appreciate that they aren't more expensive, however. The trunk was pricey at 60 EUR. It's a little easier to rationalise this wave being $55 more expensive when it's for two extra sets. 

7 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I love the things. Very nearly dust-proof and don't take up any space unless I unpack them... As long as they make them, I'll be purchasing them. Privet Dr, Malfoy Manor, the Leaky, Ollivander's, Madam Malkins... As long as they're clever about the inclusions so they can easily be used elsewhere, it works out in the end even if I only put them in MOCs. By the time I've paid postage on bricklink, I've more than made up for the extra cost of the book covers, and I find the format / footprint more appealing than if they were spending the set's budget on the castle panels of the 2021+ system instead. Judging by the lukewarm reception of Sirius' Escape and Fluffy Encounter, I'm not alone on that count. 

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to azani, the four $35 sets are codenamed “HP Experience”. Sounds like they’re something new :excited:

The term "HP Experience" brings to mind app based sets like Hidden Side and Vidiyo. I hope that's not the case.

I’m up for more moments sets too, they could do common rooms or other lessons (a set with a new Lockheart and more pixies would be marvellous, the CoS can’t be a one-off use of the new mould).

Lego is very attentive and pro-active at making changes to their systems/ range based on customer feedback, so I guess maybe the change in direction was due to some criticisms of the moments books? too small, too many stickers, not enough figures etc (I’m guessing). so they decided to break formula and try something a bit different

Some other ideas for what the sets could be based on:

The Duelling club (Snape, Lockheart, Draco, Harry) 

the Boggart lesson (Lupin, Harry, dementor, clown in the box?)

Troll in the bathroom as others have said (three figures)

the final challenge with Quirrel 

I really hope one of the two $40+ Sets is a Forbidden Forest with a new Hagrid, Fang, Firenze, Voldemort etc from the detention, that’s one of my dream missing sets: worth buying multiple of for the figures 

Edited by Bugbot20082

7 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I’m up for more moments sets too, they could do common rooms or other lessons (a set with a new Lockheart and more pixies would be marvellous, the CoS can’t be a one-off use of the new mould).

Lego is very attentive and pro-active at making changes to their systems/ range based on customer feedback, so I guess maybe the change in direction was due to some criticisms of the moments books? too small, too many stickers, not enough figures etc (I’m guessing). so they decided to break formula and try something a bit different

Some other ideas for what the sets could be based on:

The Duelling club (Snape, Lockheart, Draco, Harry) 

the Boggart lesson (Lupin, Harry, dementor, clown in the box?)

Troll in the bathroom as others have said (three figures)

the final challenge with Quirrel 

I really hope one of the two $40+ Sets is a Forbidden Forest with a new Hagrid, Fang, Firenze, Voldemort etc from the detention, that’s one of my dream missing sets: worth buying multiple of for the figures 

Or The Second Task but I recon that could happen summer 2023 

But an updated Troll in the Bathroom is overdue and it’ll be interesting how Lego do the troll now

Boggart Lesson would be a good addition with Lupin, Harry, Snape in woman’s clothes, Neville, Ron, Hermione, Dementor, Clown and a spider. An additional classroom to the recent Hogwarts system 

The Final Challenge with Quirrel is overdue as we last did a normal Quirrel figure in 2018. The set could include Harry, Quirrel with Voldemort on the back of his head, the mirror, the stone, a launching mechanism to make Quirrel fly. 

Has anyone been able to incorporate the staircase gwp into the 2018-2020 style castle, or modify it to fit that style? I do really like the way it looks together, especially with the way the staircase moves, but it doesn’t really fit anywhere haha. 

18 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

The term "HP Experience" brings to mind app based sets like Hidden Side and Vidiyo. I hope that's not the case.

Interestingly enough, the term “Experience” is already attached to a Harry Potter property - the Forbidden Forest Experience, a nighttime walkthrough wooded location that, from what I can tell, let’s guests stroll along pathways and encounter magical creatures and other things (which mostly look like physical props, although there appears to be a VR screen type thing that allows visitors to ‘cast their patronus’). However, currently the only location is in England, and while a US location was recently announced as coming soon it hardly seems to be something widely recognized enough to make four whole sets based on it. 

More likely it’s a new term for a specific set type. It’s worth noting that in the case of the house common rooms, half of them don’t even appear in the movies, so there’s no specific moment to base the sets off of. Instead, Lego would be more likely to base their depictions off of the licensed video/mobile games, which fans experience in a different way. I might be grasping there but it’s worth consideration. 

I think common rooms are a pretty good guess. While “Experience” is not really all that descriptive (and neither was “Moments” for that matter), the fact there are four sets at the same price point obviously suggests there could be one for each of the houses :classic:

Since those are pretty unlikely to feature new characters/variants I care about, I’m definitely more intrigued by the other two sets :purrr:

Those books should had been a huge hit as they are already visiting them

I wonder how they'll make them look diferent

On a recent Topic Bricks video of all HP minifigures since the theme was brought back, I commented a load of characters I'm surprised we haven't gotten yet:

Angelina Johnson
Barty Crouch (Senior)
Blaise Zabini
Cormac McClaggen
Lee Jordan
Igor Karkaroff
Katie Bell
Margery Dursley
Percy Weasley (only in a book)
Rita Skeeter
Tom the Innkeeper

And this isn't even including all the Deathly Hallows (film) characters, since Lego is reluctant to make sets off that:
Aberforth Dumbledore
Amycus & Alecto Carrow
Bathilda Bagshot
Bill Weasley
Elphias Doge
Helena Ravenclaw
Narcissa Malfoy (in the old theme)
Mundungus Fletcher
Xenophilius Lovegood

Some characters like the Carrows and Dolohov were reduced to almost an extra in the films, so I guess they wouldnt be interesting for people who didnt read the books

I could be wrong about this, but I thought someone at Lego had commented on the license agreement for the Harry Potter theme, indicating that the agreement was between Lego and Warner Bros. Because of this, they are only able to create sets based on the movies. Things/scenes that didn't appear in the movies are off the table for potential sets. I can't find it, but this specific comment may have been in relation to requests for the common rooms/dorms. So, while I have no evidence, I think Moments sets of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms would be off the table. I could be entirely wrong about all of it.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:42 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[...] except lower-priced sets based on HBP and DH. I need those :excited:

Feel free to disagree, but HBP doesn't have that much set potential in my opinion. What is left to cover? Inferi cave? Aragog's funeral? Bathroom duel? Ron getting poisoned? Katie getting cursed? Voldy being a little hellspawn? Endless teenage romance? :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Feel free to disagree, but HBP doesn't have that much set potential in my opinion. What is left to cover? Inferi cave? Aragog's funeral? Bathroom duel? Ron getting poisoned? Katie getting cursed? Voldy being a little hellspawn? Endless teenage romance? :tongue:

Inferni Cave would be a great set imo. Harry in his red blazer (weird we're still missing that), Dumbeldore, and an Inferni or two.

When I think about it it gives me Riddles in The Dark vibes, and I love that set.