Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I would expect that they probably filmed video of the Hogwart's Express reveal at the same time they filmed the bits for LegoCon.  The set-up with the full train in the background is the ideal set for the release announcement.   Don't know if that's the next reveal being hinted at though.  Could be for the Advent Calendar.

22 minutes ago, karrit said:

I would expect that they probably filmed video of the Hogwart's Express reveal at the same time they filmed the bits for LegoCon.  The set-up with the full train in the background is the ideal set for the release announcement.   Don't know if that's the next reveal being hinted at though.  Could be for the Advent Calendar.

Oh yeah, there’s no way that lego put a bunch of their cameras and the suspected designer of the set on that platform and didn’t film a Hogwarts Express reveal, I just don’t think “the magic is you” sounds like a tagline for the train or even an advent calendar reveal. Sounds like they’re hyping something that’s going to have fan interaction. They’re teasing whatever it is just before Comic-Con, maybe we’ll see something there?

So, I just built Grimauld Place and Sirus' Rescue and I have to say I just love GP, it's probably one of my favourite non-D2C sets, the hiding and revealing of the house is just so well done. SR on the other hand is kinda disappointing, the figures are decent (even if two of them aren't exclusive), the set is kinda empty and I absolutely hate the new Buckbeak, the white is way too bright, as far as I remember it's only the back end that's white, the grey one just looked better. I did swap the wings of the Hagrid's Hut version with these ones, to make that one better, because the shiny wings feel more like the feathers to me. I felt like some people thought the white colour was better, did I imagine that or do people really like this version more than the previous one?

Are the stickers in the stairs case set representative of and particular portraits shown in the films?

On 7/18/2022 at 1:49 AM, Seaber said:

In Hogwarts Castle alone there is the Troll in the Bathroom, the rest of the PS Chambers, Lupin's Classroom, Bogart Training, the Second Task, Umbridge's Office, Room of Hidden Things, the Owlery, House Common Rooms and everything from DH. 

If Next Year Lego did a wave based on Movies 7/8,and a wave based on Books 3/4 in 2024,they would be able to do updated Versions of the Main Locations that just Retired(Hagrid's Hut,Quidditch Pitch),and fill in Many of the Missing Spots they haven't covered yet,like Malfoy Manor,Battle of Hogwarts,and the Second Task.

11 hours ago, Dwarfy said:

Are the stickers in the stairs case set representative of and particular portraits shown in the films?

40577stk01.png

1. Fat Lady (PS) 

3. Brian Gagwilde III

4. Elizabeth Burke

11. Henry Bumblepuft

12. Temeritus Shanks

15. Giffard Abbott

16. Basil Fronsac

Most of these names are from the OotP and HBP games. Also, 18 looks like it has the name Merlin on it but not familiar enough with portraits to say if it's in the films or not. 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

SNIP

1. Fat Lady (PS) 

3. Brian Gagwilde III

4. Elizabeth Burke

11. Henry Bumblepuft

12. Temeritus Shanks

15. Giffard Abbott

16. Basil Fronsac

Most of these names are from the OotP and HBP games. Also, 18 looks like it has the name Merlin on it but not familiar enough with portraits to say if it's in the films or not. 

2. The Staring Portrait (the one with the eye)

13. Dumbledore's empty chair

(There were more posted on Brickset in a commennt, but I can't find the post now.)

Number 2 has small Flipendo symbol printed on the bottom! Haven't noticed it before :pir-love: Amazing easter egg for classic HP games fans! :pir-stareyes:

I’m sorry if this was mentioned already, I haven’t checked back in a while, but does anyone know 1) if the polybag w dumbledore and mini hogwarts is going to be made available to other retailers, outside of just being a Gwp? If I remember correctly this is usually the pattern past polybags like the hermionie one have followed 2) does each bag contain the same parts, even if they’re meant to make up the 8 diff parts of the castle? I noticed there were a lot of unused pieces in mine 3) does each bag have the same instructions? It only shows the instructions for the great hall section of the castle on mine 4) does anyone here have instructions for the other parts of the castle and 5) does anyone have a photo of all the parts put together?? Thank you in advance for any and all answers!

5 hours ago, m0repotter said:

I’m sorry if this was mentioned already, I haven’t checked back in a while, but does anyone know 1) if the polybag w dumbledore and mini hogwarts is going to be made available to other retailers, outside of just being a Gwp? If I remember correctly this is usually the pattern past polybags like the hermionie one have followed 2) does each bag contain the same parts, even if they’re meant to make up the 8 diff parts of the castle? I noticed there were a lot of unused pieces in mine 3) does each bag have the same instructions? It only shows the instructions for the great hall section of the castle on mine 4) does anyone here have instructions for the other parts of the castle and 5) does anyone have a photo of all the parts put together?? Thank you in advance for any and all answers!

I was able to get the Polybag in my local Scheel's Store about a month ago.  They are a chain of super sized Sporting goods/outdoors/clothing store with a decent Lego section.  I've been back a few times since because I only bought 5 when I found them but I haven't found any since then.  Forgot how many were needed to make all the different sections of the castle.  Each bag has the same instructions unfortunately and there is nothing else on the Lego Website either.  I know someone posted somewhere pictures or a video showing the different models that they figured out by looking at the pictures, probably something on YouTube.

17 hours ago, uPawelek said:

Number 2 has small Flipendo symbol printed on the bottom! Haven't noticed it before :pir-love: Amazing easter egg for classic HP games fans! :pir-stareyes:

It's a really valuable GWP as far as I'm concerned, absolutely love the Flipendo easter egg, great spot!

Just out of interest, what has everyone ordered to get the GWP?  I went for Grimmauld Place (can't wait) and the First Flying Lesson - they're both exclusives so unlikely to get them on much of a discount anyway.

49 minutes ago, Yope said:

Just out of interest, what has everyone ordered to get the GWP?

I had not a real choice :iamded_lol: cause I had already bought Grimmauld Place (at the moment only half built) and Thestral carriage in June, in order to get the Forest Hideout GWP.

And having decided that Sirius escape doesn't not worth his price, I bought Dumbledore Office and Shrieking Shack.

3 hours ago, Yope said:

Just out of interest, what has everyone ordered to get the GWP?

I got Grimmauld Place and the Hogwarts Magical Trunk to get the GWP as well as the tin LEGO sign.

12 hours ago, m0repotter said:

1) Here in the Netherlands it is available through some retailers as well as in Germany. 2) Already Answered above.  3) Yes  4) You can find custom instructions for free online, made by @Micmac here.

5) I don't know.

Another instagram story from lego with "the magic is you" linking to a video of Luna's actress on the lego Harry Potter site - does this imply that we're getting the D2C reveal soon?

7 hours ago, Yope said:

Another instagram story from lego with "the magic is you" linking to a video of Luna's actress on the lego Harry Potter site - does this imply that we're getting the D2C reveal soon?

They’re definitely building up to something, although their being rather ambiguous to what it is. Definitely could be the train reveal though since she clearly filmed these spots at the same time as the LegoCon stuff and we know that involved the train platform. 

7 hours ago, Yope said:

The link goes to this page. The text on that page literal says: "We’re getting ready to conjure up something rather magical. How magical? Just ask this Ravenclaw™ legend…" They will reveal something I think.

17 hours ago, karrit said:

I was able to get the Polybag in my local Scheel's Store about a month ago.  They are a chain of super sized Sporting goods/outdoors/clothing store with a decent Lego section.  I've been back a few times since because I only bought 5 when I found them but I haven't found any since then.  Forgot how many were needed to make all the different sections of the castle.  Each bag has the same instructions unfortunately and there is nothing else on the Lego Website either.  I know someone posted somewhere pictures or a video showing the different models that they figured out by looking at the pictures, probably something on YouTube.

10 hours ago, mark1991t said:

1) Here in the Netherlands it is available through some retailers as well as in Germany. 2) Already Answered above.  3) Yes  4) You can find custom instructions for free online, made by @Micmac here.

5) I don't know.

Thank you!!! Kind of weird the way LEGO went about this… hopefully everyone’s able to get them all if they want them 

On 7/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, uPawelek said:

Getting References to the Original Videogame Trilogy wasn't on my Lego in 2022 Bingo Card

On 7/21/2022 at 7:14 AM, Yope said:

It wouldn't surprise me. The release date is just over a month away on August 31st. I feel like we're definitely in reveal territory going forward and hope we see something soon!

On 7/21/2022 at 1:20 AM, Yope said:

It's a really valuable GWP as far as I'm concerned, absolutely love the Flipendo easter egg, great spot!

Just out of interest, what has everyone ordered to get the GWP?  I went for Grimmauld Place (can't wait) and the First Flying Lesson - they're both exclusives so unlikely to get them on much of a discount anyway.

I went a bit nuts on the 19th when they released, grabbed Grimmauld Place, MoM, & the Shack. Went with Dumbledore’s Office, Thestral Carriage, amen the Horntail. 

As an aside, how(if) are people planning on adding on adding the Staircase set to the Castle sections? I need to rebuild mine in order to get a hands on look, and still need Buckbeak’s Rescue, but looking at the full Castle in the back of the instructions & im not sure where it’ll fit. 

Edited by Vindicare

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As an aside, how(if) are people planning on adding on adding the Staircase set to the Castle sections? I need to rebuild mine in order to get a hands on look, and still need Buckbeak’s Rescue, but looking at the full Castle in the back of the instructions & im not sure where it’ll fit. 

The composite castle in the instructions doesn’t include the flying lesson set or Gryffindor dorm gwp either, and it puts the Fluffy module on the ground floor so the trapdoor can’t be used, so I’m inclined to do something different. I haven’t got Buckbeak’s Rescue yet either, but ultimately I’m hoping to arrange things so that the Gryffindor gwp behind one of the upper doorways (with the fat lady portrait in front of it) and the Fluffy Encounter room behind the other upper doorway so the movie scene can be recreated. 

Just saw Secrets of Dumbledore, and though I got the idea it was not that well received (also on here) I actually liked it! I really hope we do get some sets based on it, but I also know Lego seems a bit hesitant to burn their fingers with it. One thing that would be cool is Kowalski’s bakery, slightly in the open back dollhouse style of 4 Privet Drive so that it would also provide a closed building that fits in a city. Probably daydreaming here, but it would be nice!

4 hours ago, Jazzahh said:

Just saw Secrets of Dumbledore, and though I got the idea it was not that well received (also on here) I actually liked it! I really hope we do get some sets based on it, but I also know Lego seems a bit hesitant to burn their fingers with it. One thing that would be cool is Kowalski’s bakery, slightly in the open back dollhouse style of 4 Privet Drive so that it would also provide a closed building that fits in a city. Probably daydreaming here, but it would be nice!

Yes, it was a good movie, and while I don’t think it had the same box office numbers as previous installments, from what I gather it’s done fairly well comparatively in an era where you seem to need an army of rapid marvel fanboys to reach anything close to the opening day numbers you would have gotten 3 years ago. 

I agree that a Kowalski’s Bakery would be lovely, and I think a system scale buildable Qilin, with Newt and a molded baby to represent Newt’s first scene in the movie would have made for a nice low price point set. I also think that this would have been the perfect time to give us the Hog’s Head, since we’re unlikely to get an OotP version and a DH2 version wouldn’t offer much by way of Minifigure lineup. 

Honestly, I think merchandising companies shot themselves in the foot right from the start when it comes to the Fantastic Beasts franchise. Even Noble Collection, basically the go to for Harry Potter prop replicas, only did 5 wands and a handful of other basic things when the first movie released. Obvious moneymakers like the Niffler plushies and pose-able bowtruckle toys didn’t make an appearance until long after the movie released. Then Crimes of Grindelwald got a similarly anemic rollout of merchandise. The Zouwu should have been the breakout creature star of that movie, but the only Zouwu merch I ever remember seeing was a hard to get event exclusive Funko Pop. And now the poor Qilin is being similarly ignored by merchandisers, despite the fact that they’d probably have a line of people eager to buy a baby Qilin plush if the just made one. It just flabbergasts me that merchandisers act like Fantastic Beasts is unsellable when they never actually put much effort into giving customers something to buy. 

Just finished building the Horntail. It’s everything the old one wasn’t(even taking price into consideration). I thought the old one was okay(except for the head), but boy did they knock this one out of the park. Head looks great & it’s appropriately spiky. I remember the comparisons to the Mega GoT one. It feels like the designers read that & used it to make what we got.