Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, broadwaybocaj said:

Why didn't I get a poly bag in my order???? US based here....

Mine didnt show up during my initial order, but did appear in my email confirmation, and my order details on lego.com. But that was a few minutes after it went live last night.

I was able to secure the Staircase and Polybag. It took about 10 minutes for the polybag to show up in cart (U.S.).

When should we see official complete images of the HP advent calendar?

3 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I was able to secure the Staircase and Polybag. It took about 10 minutes for the polybag to show up in cart (U.S.).

When should we see official complete images of the HP advent calendar?

It releases in September so hopefully pictures will start to show up within the next couple of weeks of each of the Advent Calendars contents.

I tried the Downtown Disney Lego store here in California…no luck. They said they have not received shipments.

The polybag is gone from the German, UK, Australian and New Zealand S@H offers page, still appears at present on the US and Canadian sites. AUS and NZ seem to be the only ones with the Amusement Park GWP.

In other news... Promobricks is reporting on the Indiana Jones sets due out in 2023. 77014 The Temple of Doom appears to be an update of 2009's 7199. I bring it up because it should include roller coaster tracks and two mineloren (that's what the dictionary says, but I'm not sure if that's English? :laugh: "carts" at any rate), and it makes me wonder if it increases or decreases the likelihood of the inevitable Gringotts containing something similar? Or, given the popularity of the rollercoasters, if we might be likelier to see a separate vault set with it included so the design of the bank itself could focus more on matching Diagon Alley? (I genuinely can't imagine after the very excellent DA set that a Gringotts wouldn't fit on the street, but I know many here have expressed some hope of recreating the scene in the cart.)

How often do we see rollercoasters across the various themes? Do they have their own following like trains, cars or boats seem to? How often are multiple instances of things like that released in a year?

Edited by krimimimi

Just now, krimimimi said:

How often do we see rollercoasters across the various themes? Do they have their own following like trains, cars or boats seem to? How often are multiple instances of things like that released in a year?

I wouldn‘t worry about that too much. Apart from the fact the Temple of Doom and Gringotts both feature minecarts, they have nothing in common (neither visually nor conceptually), so they shouldn‘t compete on shelves :classic:

I mean the Hungarian Horntail got two sets in spite of all the Ninjago dragons out there and the Knight Bus didn‘t have to worry about the TLM2 party bus or the Hidden Side school bus, just to name a few examples

42 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wouldn‘t worry about that too much. Apart from the fact the Temple of Doom and Gringotts both feature minecarts, they have nothing in common (neither visually nor conceptually), so they shouldn‘t compete on shelves :classic:

I mean the Hungarian Horntail got two sets in spite of all the Ninjago dragons out there and the Knight Bus didn‘t have to worry about the TLM2 party bus or the Hidden Side school bus, just to name a few examples

Less worried than curious what people's thoughts are. We can't spend the next five and a half months navel-gazing. 😉

Dragons seem to have become incredibly popular of late, don't they? They've done a good job developing / evolving them. 

I was thinking of rarer things, though, (trains appear far less frequently than cars, for instance) spread across the whole collection, because I can well imagine someone in control nixing certain ideas along those lines. "We have enough ships this year, so no Durmstrang boat. Maybe next year..."

I bit the bullet and ordered 12GP and the carriage together and qualified for the staircase, no Polybag sadly (U.K.) 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Less worried than curious what people's thoughts are. We can't spend the next five and a half months navel-gazing. 😉

Dragons seem to have become incredibly popular of late, don't they? They've done a good job developing / evolving them. 

I was thinking of rarer things, though, (trains appear far less frequently than cars, for instance) spread across the whole collection, because I can well imagine someone in control nixing certain ideas along those lines. "We have enough ships this year, so no Durmstrang boat. Maybe next year..."

I really hope so. With the Viking Ship, Goat boat, Friends houseboat etc there's certainly been enough water vehicles this year as you say so in terms of a Durmstrang Ship I can understand that ship having sailed for this year.

But it would make sense for it to be a set for next year, seeing as what characters are notably missing at the moment e.g. Karkaroff, Merpeople, Skeeter. 

Now back to looking at my navel. :laugh:

Lego has still plenty of possibilities for the next years. For me, Narcissa is the biggest lack.

Would love to see an updated version of the second task and durmstrang ship

Maybe a another quidditch match set as the one of 2018 is discontinued and an updated version of 4702 the Final Challenge but with the new Hogwarts system. A whomping willow to fit in with the new Hogwarts system too. 

Would love to see the maze and the gringotts minecart and Malloy manor 

Actually, anything they do after this point is just the icing on the cake for me! This year, we finally got the two sets I was longing for the most, besides Gringotts (those being Grimmauld Place with OotP Sirius & Tonks plus Kreacher, and our first DH1 set).

There still are plenty of gaps to fill of course, but my personal wishlist now looks pretty empty :grin:

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Actually, anything they do after this point is just the icing on the cake for me! This year, we finally got the two sets I was longing for the most, besides Gringotts (those being Grimmauld Place with OotP Sirius & Tonks plus Kreacher, and our first DH1 set).

There still are plenty of gaps to fill of course, but my personal wishlist now looks pretty empty :grin:

Same to be honest the only set I am curious to see how it looks, is Gringotts! 

And if they ever decided to do the common rooms justice that would be rad.

My wishlist is just minifigures now; Bill Weasley and Rita Skeeter being the standouts now.

GP and MoM were 2 of my top 3 most wanted sets for this year. Thank you Lego :) My wish list for 2023 and beyond…

- Bill/Fleur wedding (mainly for Bill and X. Lovegood minifigures). A CMF with both of these figures would also work.

- All 4 house common rooms including the house ghosts. These would have worked as Moments books, so Maybe they will do something similar.

- Quidditch set with all four teams. This could include 1 member of each team in the set, then an accessory pack with one of each team to build teams. As there is no Quidditch set available right now, I think this is highly likely for 2023.

Most wanted remake: The 2nd task of the Triwizard Tournament. 

So, Lego has still plenty of scenes to make to continue this line without having to many remakes from 2018 sets. All your suggestions would be nice additions in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Arutha said:

So, Lego has still plenty of scenes to make to continue this line without having to many remakes from 2018 sets. All your suggestions would be nice additions in my opinion.

Battle of Seven Potters would be a good shout 

Sets I would love to see:

Hagrid’s flying motorcycle & sidecar

Lovegood house 

Bill’s wedding, could also be expanded with an advent calendar 

Moments books for the house common rooms with students like Pansy, Ginny, Blaize, Lee Jordan

A Hogwarts expansion with the key room & final challenge. Add to this Professor Vector as a bonus to make it desirable for everyone.

The Duelling Club. We need lots more Lockheart variants 

A Hogwarts module cantered about the goblet of fire ceremony & the photoshoot afterwards: Y4 Dumbledore, 4 champions in their school robes, Rita Skeeter, the twins with 87999 beard wig in grey. they could use a light brick feature to make the fire look like it’s changing colour

A large castle module for the battle of Hogwarts: Grey lady Ghost, Shamus, the Carrows Etc as exclusives, rooms include the hideout room with hammocks and the door portrait and the room of requirement with the diadem (and vanishing cabinet)

Edited by Bugbot20082

Most of my wishlist must haves are complete but there’s still one set I’m waiting for and it’s the Second Task. Gimme Grindylows and Shark Krum ASAP

NEED a like $15-20 hagrid motorcycle

weither its based on philosopher stone or DH idc i just want one so bad

2 hours ago, Surge said:

NEED a like $15-20 hagrid motorcycle

That’d be a really cool set, especially if it was based on DH! They could even include an exclusive face print for Hagrid with goggles :laugh: 

Not sure how he’d be able to sit on it though :grin:

Bought Grimmauld place and the Shrieking Shack to get the two GWPs. The Ministry was the set I wanted most but I figured since it's not a retail exclusive it would be showing up elsewhere on sale sooner than the others, along with the carriage which I would also like to get some point. I'm also tempted by the dragon since it's minifigure scale but I'll definitely pass on the castle sets, especially with the price on Dumbledore's office being raised. They're an improvement on last year's castle builds and I think the combined castle looks much better than it did but it's too little too late for me and I really couldn't justify getting into it now. Only one more year of this system until they introduce a new one anyway, hopefully it's exterior based again and they've taken some time to actually plan it using what they've learned from the last two. Pretty happy overall with this wave for what it is. It's given OOTP some much needed representation, finally scratched the surface of DH, and the shack filled one of the few remaining gaps in 1-4. Looking forward to finally building it.

Still plenty left on my wishlist though. Along with the obvious Gringotts and dragon I'd like to see (in order of importance), a battle of Hogwarts focused set, the trio's tent, the second task, Borgin and Burke's, and the Durmstrang ship since we have the BB carriage. If we get a couple of those and at least one set is DH focused I'd probably be content with any wave. 

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’d be a really cool set, especially if it was based on DH! They could even include an exclusive face print for Hagrid with goggles :laugh: 

Not sure how he’d be able to sit on it though :grin:

The same way regular minifigs ‘sit’ on horses I imagine. In other words, just stick them in there standing up and let your imagination extrapolate that there’s something between the legs despite knowing there’s no physical room there. It would mean the motorcycle looked more like a motor scooter when Hagrid wasn’t sitting in it, but that could be taken care of the same way they do with horses to. 

I think what many of the above comments suggest that going into the sixth year of sets, there is no sign of Lego running out of ideas for fresh sets. 

In Hogwarts Castle alone there is the Troll in the Bathroom, the rest of the PS Chambers, Lupin's Classroom, Bogart Training, the Second Task, Umbridge's Office, Room of Hidden Things, the Owlery, House Common Rooms and everything from DH. 

Lego social media (at least in the US) just posted a cryptic clip in their stories. A circle of light is drawn and the words “the magic is you” appear inside, along with the Harry Potter and Wizarding World logos. Clearly something is being announced for the theme soon, but the words don’t seem to mesh with a Hogwarts Express reveal. 

EDIT: looking through actual posts, there’s a slightly longer clip with Evanna Lynch in the studio tour, but it doesn’t really expand on what’s coming. It can’t be referring to the footage from LegoCon, that’s already been posted everywhere for weeks. 

Edited by Accio Lego