Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

56 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I was really suprised they didn't reveal the Hogwarts Express during that, like what was the point of that Lego HP panel then.

To give the HP fans something to see as well during the Con :wink:

Do we know what the global purchase requirements are for the GWP? Wondering what I might have to save to buy online here in Australia.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

To give the HP fans something to see as well during the Con :wink:

Exactly! I’m glad that almost every theme got its own segment, even if they didn’t have something new to show for all of them :classic: Also, it would’ve been a bit too early for a D2C set reveal

The more I look at the GWP the more I love it. I think could actually be justifiable as a set, blows last years underwhelming Gryffindor dorm out of the water.

If I had the talent I'd do a MOC in the style of the Friends/Seinfeld sets, where the main room is the Gryffindor Common Room with the Fat Lady attached as a doorway. Complete with couches, armchairs, fireplace, Sirius' head in the fire, tapestry, rug, tables, Gryffindor quidditch stuff, noticeboard, a big Christmas tree perhaps. Probably the #1 on my wishlist for now that we're ticking off the big hitters.

Edited by drewdotexe

3 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

If I had the talent I'd do a MOC in the style of the Friends/Seinfeld sets, where the main room is the Gryffindor Common Room with the Fat Lady attached as a doorway. Complete with couches, armchairs, fireplace, Sirius' head in the fire, tapestry, rug, tables, Gryffindor quidditch stuff, noticeboard, a big Christmas tree perhaps. Probably the #1 on my wishlist for now that we're ticking off the big hitters.

Agreed. Now that Star Wars and Jurassic Park are getting great 18+ dioramas, I'd love to get the same for the Gryffindor Common Room and Dumbledore's Office to get versions that are truly accurate in ways the castle interiors can't be.

4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Complete with couches, armchairs, fireplace, Sirius' head in the fire, tapestry, rug, tables, Gryffindor quidditch stuff, noticeboard, a big Christmas tree perhaps.

I would definitely like to see that.

The first two HP calendars had a couple nice builds that are reminiscent of the Gryffindor common room.

I while back I remember wanting another fireplace build in the next calendar with a orange trans head for Sirius Black, then with his hair in red, orange or yellow.

Maybe next year TLG will release the HP GWP the same day all of the HP sets release. I had planned on buying the MoM, the SS and GP. Should I...

1) Buy 1 set now and wait on the other 2 for July 15

2) Wait until July 15, add the Thestrals to GP placing 2 orders and getting 2 GWP and poly bags 

These options are assuming nothing sells out which is a possibility. Suggestions?

5 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The first two HP calendars had a couple nice builds that are reminiscent of the Gryffindor common room.

I while back I remember wanting another fireplace build in the next calendar with a orange trans head for Sirius Black, then with his hair in red, orange or yellow.

I hope they do proper common rooms for all 4 houses at some point with the house ghosts included.

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I hope they do proper common rooms for all 4 houses at some point with the house ghosts included.

I feel like they could easily do this as the next $30 set of sets to replace the classrooms. I would prefer if they go a different route than the moments though.

Marcos Bessa had left the Harry Potter team not only as a design lead but as a designer as well, he confirms on his instagram. "I have left the project end of last year to venture into new and exciting things (..). I still have a couple of LEGO Harry Potter products to reveal this year" he says. 

Edited by mark1991t
Link source added.

26 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Marcos Bessa had left the Harry Potter team not only as a design lead but as a designer as well, he confirms on his instagram. "I have left the project end of last year to venture into new and exciting things (..). I still have a couple of LEGO Harry Potter products to reveal this year" he says. 

“A couple” of Harry Potter projects? Obviously I’m not unsurprised that he’d be behind something as ambitious as the D2C Hogwarts Express sounds, but what else could he be talking about? Was he the one who designed the gwp? Or are there some sets set to release in January again that will be revealed before the end of the year?

2 hours ago, Surge said:

what is the threshold for the staircase gwp?

Stuff I’ve been seeing says $130 usd. Which makes sense, it’s slightly more substantial than last year’s, but not by that much. The reason everyone likes it more is because it’s well designed, not because it has an insane piece count. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Stuff I’ve been seeing says $130 usd. Which makes sense, it’s slightly more substantial than last year’s, but not by that much. The reason everyone likes it more is because it’s well designed, not because it has an insane piece count. 

It has 60% more pieces than last year's did, which I think shows when you compare the sets. And while they did give us an extra minifig, it was one people were likely to have already. I definitely prefer the better build for roughly the same buy in. 

10 hours ago, mark1991t said:

That was bad news for the HP theme, he has done some fantastic sets in his career and I am sure the new theme that gets him will be better since he joined :classic:

19 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

That’s a really neat idea I like that 

13 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

“A couple” of Harry Potter projects? Obviously I’m not unsurprised that he’d be behind something as ambitious as the D2C Hogwarts Express sounds, but what else could he be talking about? Was he the one who designed the gwp? Or are there some sets set to release in January again that will be revealed before the end of the year?

I‘d say the D2C set, the GWP, and/or the AC. He designed the first AC too if I remember correctly :classic:

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He designed the first AC too if I remember correctly :classic:

You remember that correctly and he did last years one as well. According to his website, he is the designer of upcoming sets 76404, 76405 and 40577.

Edited by mark1991t

17 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

According to his website, he is the designer of upcoming sets 76404, 76405 and 40577.

Interesting! So all three of the remaining sets were designed by him :sweet: 

While it’s sad to see him leave the team, the other designers are doing a great job as well :thumbup: I just hope whoever ends up designing the eventual Gringotts set will make sure it fits in flawlessly with DA!

Do we know who succeeded him as design lead? This year there seemed to be far fewer interviews with designers (at least for HP stuff), or did I just miss out?

Huh? Bassi leaving the Harry Potter theme. Definitley it will be a big lose for this theme. 

Dread mode ( (ON) / OFF ) 

I wish they had published the alternate instructions.  The review I watched they blindly built the alternates just by looking at the pictures of the other 7 builds.