Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

One question still remains tho - who does the leaked dark tan shirt belong to?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Anyone thought that 12x12 studs Hogwarts expansion can be a problem since it cannot be positioned above already existing modules with 8 studs widths ?

2 hours ago, banhammer said:

Anyone thought that 12x12 studs Hogwarts expansion can be a problem since it cannot be positioned above already existing modules with 8 studs widths ?

Eh, not really. It just needs to be put on the ground floor. Not like we didn’t already have modules like that with the Chamber of Secrets, not to mention the number of roof and tower sections that have to be put on top of things. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One question still remains tho - who does the leaked dark tan shirt belong to?

My best guess right now is the ‘The Office’ Ideas set rumored to be coming out in October. That’s the same time the advent calendars typically release so a mix up would make sense. However, I know absolutely nothing about that IP, so the shirt could be just as incongruous for that set for all I know.  

The GWP looks very nice, probably the 4th time this year I must buy Lego sets to full price to get a GWP to good to pass up *huh* The quality of GWP this year has been excellent, to bad for my wallet :tongue:

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Eh, not really. It just needs to be put on the ground floor. Not like we didn’t already have modules like that with the Chamber of Secrets, not to mention the number of roof and tower sections that have to be put on top of things. 

My best guess right now is the ‘The Office’ Ideas set rumored to be coming out in October. That’s the same time the advent calendars typically release so a mix up would make sense. However, I know absolutely nothing about that IP, so the shirt could be just as incongruous for that set for all I know.  

I am sure that I read it is for Sirius Black in a non-canon look? I might have my wires crossed.

And it doesn't fit the Office at all, most of the characters will likely be in office or warehouse gear.

The staircase is brilliant, glad I waited on buying sets. I have all the choice of everything that has released so far this year as well as the Flying Lesson from last year, feeling hopeful that I can fill up a basket of in stock sets.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:10 PM, R0Sch said:

Looks like this year's HP Advent Calendar will yet again beat the other ones by both having more & exclusive minifigures and like it's predecessor a board-game-like play feature.

Hide contents
  • Exclusive Tonks
  • Exclusive Neville (from Deathly Hollows)
  • Exclusive Moaning Myrtle
  • Exclusive Horace Slughorn as Armchair
  • Exclusive Sirius Black
  • Exclusive Voldemort
  • Harry Potter with short legs
  • Severus Snape
  • Dice-Dreidel
  • Hogwarts Express with platform 9 3/4
  • Whomping Willow with Ford Anglia
  • Goblet of Fire with exclusive name tile
  • Hedwig (white owl)
  • Quidditch goals
  • Hagrid's motorcylce
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Knight Bus
  • Pensieve
  • Hall of Prophecies
  • Atrium of the Ministry of Magic
  • Triwizard Cup
  • The Burrow
  • Gringotts Wizarding Bank with Dragon

An advent calendar without a Christmas tree, colection of presents, snowman, sled, or a festive/Santa figure no way!

Also the GWP looks amazing, definitely going to try to get this, and an extra sticker sheet if I can

Wonderful to finally see the fat lady portrait, it fits very well on the new panel part inside the archway frame. They can still do a Griffindor common room set or moments book in the future: with the Dawn French version instead :D

Edited by Bugbot20082

The GWP is near perfect, if only the minifigure was not yet another Gryffindor student or Hermine.

I like that this time it is a separate display piece that doesn't go along with Hogwarts playsets like last years Gryffindor dorms GWP.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

I like that this time it is a separate display piece that doesn't go along with Hogwarts playsets like last years Gryffindor dorms GWP.

It is modular, I saw it on instagram. Still, I like that it works as a standalone piece too. It feels complete in itself!

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

It is cool that it can stand alone, but it actually is designed to kinda work with  the last GWP, which is pretty neat

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

You can display it with the modular sets with no issues, it just sticks out a little more in either direction, which adds nice architectural detail. I attached the staircase to the PPM and Dorm set to try it out, works fine (although obviously you'd want a common room instead of the dorms, but that's a different issue).

17518654-4574-4560-82-B4-13-A77-AA3075-A
D1-FE3-CCF-41-C5-4-EA1-9-EA9-BEEDCB32-C1

Edited by krimimimi

Oh I didn't realize this would be possible. But it's just a coincidence right? Or are there any technic pin holes on sides?

Just the other day I mentioned the lack of paintings in sets, so the new gwp set is a very nice surprise.

Interesting how the fat lady design is from Philosopher's Stone, yet the staircase being next to the portrait is from Prisoner of Azkaban. But I'm not bothered about that, because I really like the build.

I can even spot the painting of a wizard on a flying carpet, looking through a telescope.

Just a shame that it's a GWP, as I don't think I've ever spent enough in one go to reach the reward.

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Or are there any technic pin holes on sides?

I think there's a pinhole visible on the bottom floor on the left next to right archway. You can see it on the back side of the box, when the stairs are centered.

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

Oh I didn't realize this would be possible. But it's just a coincidence right? Or are there any technic pin holes on sides?

On the back of the box, where the stairs are centred, on the lower right hand wall look immediately to the left of the arch and you can see two technic 1x1 bricks in the usual heights. I'd assume they'd put them in the same location on the left hand wall. If you look closely on the box front, you can see the anticipated location of the upper technic brick is covered by a tile with a portrait. While it doesn't confirm it, it doesn't contradict it either, so I'm going with: two pins on either side on the ground level. 

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Just the other day I mentioned the lack of paintings in sets, so the new gwp set is a very nice surprise.

Interesting how the fat lady design is from Philosopher's Stone, yet the staircase being next to the portrait is from Prisoner of Azkaban. But I'm not bothered about that, because I really like the build.

I can even spot the painting of a wizard on a flying carpet, looking through a telescope.

Just a shame that it's a GWP, as I don't think I've ever spent enough in one go to reach the reward.

Eh, just save two sets from this wave for the 15th.

Is there any word on the Brickheadz release date for USA/Canada yet?  Trying to work out if that is one of the sets I can leave until July to get the GWP...or are the Brickheadz expected to be even later than that?

My only issue with the GWP is that the Fat Lady's portrait can't function as an actual door. Between this and the gargoyle in Dumbledore's Office, I really wish LEGO had come up with some way to implement an actual door into the arched wall element.

Just noticed, Marcos and Evanna did their building portion of the Warner Bros. Studios tour during LEGO CON right smack in front of the Hogwarts Express in King's Cross Station. I wonder if they are hinting at something... :wink:

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My only issue with the GWP is that the Fat Lady's portrait can't function as an actual door. Between this and the gargoyle in Dumbledore's Office, I really wish LEGO had come up with some way to implement an actual door into the arched wall element.

Absolutely. Alternatively I'd love a new door piece to fit with the gothic arch slopes. All the doors lego produce at the moment are too round at the top! 

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Just noticed, Marcos and Evanna did their building portion of the Warner Bros. Studios tour during LEGO CON right smack in front of the Hogwarts Express in King's Cross Station. I wonder if they are hinting at something... :wink:

I was really suprised they didn't reveal the Hogwarts Express during that, like what was the point of that Lego HP panel then.

39 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I was really suprised they didn't reveal the Hogwarts Express during that, like what was the point of that Lego HP panel then.

I think that they want it to be a highlight of the next reveal.