Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Promobricks just shared on Insta that Gringotts is "coming, but not in a way we'll like it". Considering what's still on the schedule for 2022, it seems likely that we'll be getting a micro build of Gringotts in the Advent Calendar.

18 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

[…] it seems likely that we'll be getting a micro build of Gringotts in the Advent Calendar.

TLG merrily rubbing salt into our wounds without a care :tongue:

Nope, it doesn't matter. This line is in its fifth year and doing very well. It's not doing a LOTR and fading away. 

Nothing to worry about folks, we'll get a gringotts at some point. Patience is the key. 

The minifigure selection is fantastic, didn't expect to get eight minifigures!

But bruh, why so many micro builds? What I loved about past HP Advent Calendars was that they were basically an extension of the sets. You could perfectly incorporate them. What a waste of bricks imo.

Looks like this year's HP Advent Calendar will yet again beat the other ones by both having more & exclusive minifigures and like it's predecessor a board-game-like play feature.

Spoiler
  • Exclusive Tonks
  • Exclusive Neville (from Deathly Hollows)
  • Exclusive Moaning Myrtle
  • Exclusive Horace Slughorn as Armchair
  • Exclusive Sirius Black
  • Exclusive Voldemort
  • Harry Potter with short legs
  • Severus Snape
  • Dice-Dreidel
  • Hogwarts Express with platform 9 3/4
  • Whomping Willow with Ford Anglia
  • Goblet of Fire with exclusive name tile
  • Hedwig (white owl)
  • Quidditch goals
  • Hagrid's motorcylce
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Knight Bus
  • Pensieve
  • Hall of Prophecies
  • Atrium of the Ministry of Magic
  • Triwizard Cup
  • The Burrow
  • Gringotts Wizarding Bank with Dragon

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Looks like this year's HP Advent Calendar will yet again beat the other ones by both having more & exclusive minifigures and like it's predecessor a board-game-like play feature.

Hide contents
  • Exclusive Tonks
  • Exclusive Neville (from Deathly Hollows)
  • Exclusive Moaning Myrtle
  • Exclusive Horace Slughorn as Armchair
  • Exclusive Sirius Black
  • Exclusive Voldemort
  • Harry Potter with short legs
  • Severus Snape
  • Dice-Dreidel
  • Hogwarts Express with platform 9 3/4
  • Whomping Willow with Ford Anglia
  • Goblet of Fire with exclusive name tile
  • Hedwig (white owl)
  • Quidditch goals
  • Hagrid's motorcylce
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Knight Bus
  • Pensieve
  • Hall of Prophecies
  • Atrium of the Ministry of Magic
  • Triwizard Cup
  • The Burrow
  • Gringotts Wizarding Bank with Dragon

One of these (I’m guessing the Gringotts + dragon) must be separated into two builds, because there are only 23 bullet points on that list. I also doubt that Hedwig will come alone, she’s always had a selection of other goodies with her when she’s come in the advent calendar in the past. 

With Promobricks releasing lists of the advent calendar prizes for the licensed calendars I can’t help but wonder if we’re rather surprisingly going to see them all revealed at Lego Con. 

After all, they released the lists at around the same as they did a list for the new Super Mario character packs, which happen to be the only thing that lego social media has outright specifically confirmed by name they’re revealing tomorrow. Maybe it’s just coincidence - certainly I wouldn’t do advent calendar reveals at something like lego con - but I do think that official images can’t be far off. 

Getting an extra Snape too and a armchair Slughorn is great! Makes me wish though that we got a full Slughorn figure in his pyjamas… maybe that will be an exclusive next year :D

Edited by Bugbot20082

AC sounds decent. I’m disappointed in the inaccurate Neville torso. Armchair Slughorn is really cool! It’s a shame we don’t get the full minifig pajama version with it. Sirius in a brown sweater sounds like a waste. I hate it when they include non-canon prints for figures in these. But who knows, maybe once we see it we will recognize it as something from the movies idk. Would have been really nice to include the version with the maroon coat. And the mystery torso remains a mystery, and clearly isn’t part of this AC

34 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And the mystery torso remains a mystery, and clearly isn’t part of this AC

It occurred to me that it could potentially come from the upcoming Lego Ideas The Office set - since that’s rumored to be releasing at approximately the same time the advent calendars usually do. But the only thing I’m familiar with from that show are the internet memes, so I have no idea if that shirt fits one of the expected characters or not. 

Can't wait to add a fourth Triwizard Cup to my collection :tongue:

The fact that the only non-micro builds of this wave are a fourth Triwizard Cup, a third Goblet of Fire, and a fourth Pensieve is so painful.

Why are the minifigures so amazing, while the builds sound so bad. I liked the balance the last three year - great minifigs, great builds. This year it's amazing minifigs, terrible builds.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And the mystery torso remains a mystery, and clearly isn’t part of this AC

You mean to say it doesn't scream "Snape casual" to you? 😆

@THELEGOBATMAN, couldn't agree more about the AC. 😕 I hope they go back to the minifig scale builds next year, ideally abandoning the game concept as well. 

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wow the staircase promo just leaked and it looks incredible I think 

Wow, really nice. Although I’m not actually sure how it fits in with any of the hogwarts versions?..

Almost looks more like a stand alone diorama 

Oh, I love this. It's so nicely done, and I really appreciate that they just went for the depth they needed, modular footprint be damned. 

@TheInvisibleMan, I think you could just put it between modular sections of the castle, with it just jutting out a little more on either side, but that adds visual interest to the façade. I really like that decision. ❤️

Grand staircase is brilliant, another skirt piece, the FAT LADY YESSSSSS and lots of portraits of different sizes. 

The build is also so great. 

This looks fantastic. So many paintings, love to see it.

Hermione having the skirt piece is a great addition. 

Kinda wish it was a normal set so I could buy it :tongue:

Wow, that promo is FANTASTIC. Looks gorgeous, finally getting an updated Fat Lady is great, and I love that Hermione gets the skirt and socks - I wasn't expecting to see those in normal sets after they were omitted from Dumbledore's Office.

Speaking of, I'm definitely buying that on July 15 to get this promo, probably alongside the Hospital Wing from earlier this year. Heck, I'm tempted to place multiple $130 orders to get multiple staircase modules and even more skirt pieces. I hope there is some way to connect it with all the other Hogwarts sets though.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Wow, that promo is FANTASTIC. Looks gorgeous, finally getting an updated Fat Lady is great, and I love that Hermione gets the skirt and socks - I wasn't expecting to see those in normal sets after they were omitted from Dumbledore's Office.

Speaking of, I'm definitely buying that on July 15 to get this promo, probably alongside the Hospital Wing from earlier this year. Heck, I'm tempted to place multiple $130 orders to get multiple staircase modules and even more skirt pieces. I hope there is some way to connect it with all the other Hogwarts sets though.

At first I wanted only one but reading how you are getting multiples has convinced me to get at least two!

I too was wondering if they connect to the 2021-2022 sets. If you stack the Gryffindor Common Room on top of another set..it could be attached to the back of the new GWP. So the portrait of the Fat Lady would lead into their rooms. There should be a connection in the back. It probably is not advertised cause the back is probably super plain.

45 minutes ago, joeee said:

At first I wanted only one but reading how you are getting multiples has convinced me to get at least two!

I too was wondering if they connect to the 2021-2022 sets. If you stack the Gryffindor Common Room on top of another set..it could be attached to the back of the new GWP. So the portrait of the Fat Lady would lead into their rooms. There should be a connection in the back. It probably is not advertised cause the back is probably super plain.

Yeah, my first thought on seeing it was “I’m going to have to arrange the modules so that the Fat Lady can open up into last year’s Gryffindor gwp!” I’m also definitely thinking that the Fluffy encounter room will have to go on the other side, but we’ll see how it pans out. 

4 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The backside of the GWP box (pic can also be found online) shows that there are pin connections in the usual place and heightwise the door frame pieces fit perfectly into the 2021 modular castle system on both floors. If you stack more than one GWP staircase on top of each other you would have to remove the small sand green roof sections and the tan inverted slopes from the GWP staircase build but it is possible with only small adjustments