Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

That mystery torso is so familiar to me. It reminds me of how Ron dresses in the later films, but I can't quite place it. It kind of makes me think of Stranger Things as well.

I'm actually kind of glad to get a Moaning Myrtle in this color scheme. I like the CMF version, but it's a little too blue to me.

Neville's sweater is a bit meh to me, I think I might like the older version better, but maybe it'll grow on me.

Getting another Tonks so soon is interesting, but I'm happy to have the variation. I'm a little surprised it took so long to get a decent version of her.

20 minutes ago, strangely said:

That mystery torso is so familiar to me. It reminds me of how Ron dresses in the later films, but I can't quite place it. It kind of makes me think of Stranger Things as well.

Ron definitely wears similar shirts in the later films. I could have sworn I saw him wearing it before but after looking through several images I couldn’t find a real match. He’s got shirts with slightly different zigzag patterns in a different color, shirts with very similar colors with entirely different patterns, but so far nothing that makes you say “oh, they must be going for that”. 

Maybe I just need to do another full series rewatch to find it ;)

10 hours ago, RODDY said:

Kind of a random question but does anyone have any pictures of The Shrieking Shack combined with the rest of Hogsmeade?

Hope this works...

52142366198_2d1aba5bd4_b.jpgthumbnail_Resized_20220613_135405 by Chris McKinley, on Flickr

It's a little bit cramped because we still haven't moved in properly and my wife's city sets are all jammed in the shelf. Lol.

Edited by chris6507

4 hours ago, droobles said:

Well I am not committed to getting the complete set, I appreciate them sticking around. I have gotten 5 sets with cards so far and find them to be a delightful inclusion each time. I am still far from finishing the collection so it is nice to keep getting a few at a time. I think I have 8 so far including some repeats.

I'd also say if you think about the target audience of kids, they are not necessarily going to get enough sets to get enough sets to get 16 cards in one year.

I think it is great they still include them, since the chance of us getting a second series later is a lot higher then :wink:

On 11/06/2022 at 05:05, chris6507 said:

I hadn't actually notice this until you said that. Thank you very much. You've save me $80 from an already expensive wave. It really doesn't have anything to get you excited about it does it? Worse than even fluffy encounter.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but what's the deal with the SAME chocolate frog cards coming back? Did LEGO expect people were going to sit around for the next couple of years waiting to complete their sets? Feels so random being drip fed these same chocolate frog cards. Would assume most people who were looking to complete a set would have chased after it immediately, not sat back with a wish and a prayer that LEGO would release them again a year later. What's your thoughts, was the same cards a welcome return to anyone? Or does it just feel useless?

I suppose it could be worse, they could release a Harry/Voldemort duel standing on some grey bricks like the new Kenobi set! :iamded_lol:

On second thought, there is something new to Sirius's Rescue, the Witherwings. haha
Jokes aside, For those who don't have Buckbeak, this set is excellent. Even considering that the Buckbeak from the hagrid's hut is better than the new one. I know Buckbeak in the movie has white as well as gray but no one sees him as white, LEGO changing that was just to force more avid collectors to have each version of it.
About the Chocolate Frog cards, if you think about it, completing the card collection isn't easy on your own, even buying each of the sets released last year, so LEGO was just trying to make it easier for people. But, I agree with you, LEGO should have released new cards this year, and I thought it was wrong that they didn't release cards on Hogwarts Moments sets, either this year or last year. It didn't have to be a whole set of new cards, it could be 5 new cards plus the old ones.
But if you're interested in cards, collect these, they're way cooler haha.
chocolate_frog_card_collection_by_zeluiz
My collection

Edited by ZeLuiz08

1 hour ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

On second thought, there is something new to Sirius's Rescue, the Witherwings. haha
Jokes aside, For those who don't have Buckbeak, this set is excellent. Even considering that the Buckbeak from the hagrid's hut is better than the new one. I know Buckbeak in the movie has white as well as gray but no one sees him as white, LEGO changing that was just to force more avid collectors to have each version of it.
About the Chocolate Frog cards, if you think about it, completing the card collection isn't easy on your own, even buying each of the sets released last year, so LEGO was just trying to make it easier for people. But, I agree with you, LEGO should have released new cards this year, and I thought it was wrong that they didn't release cards on Hogwarts Moments sets, either this year or last year. It didn't have to be a whole set of new cards, it could be 5 new cards plus the old ones.

That's half of what I find so weird is how inconsistent they have been released. There were quite a few sets last year, then the advent calendar, then one set in January and not half the sets have it. Feels like it should be all or none this year. But the other thing that would have been nice for both kids and adults is some sort of knowledge as to how long these are going to keep coming for? Some people might not have spent more on Bricklink getting them if they new they were going to be inundated with more and for those that didn't manage to get them all probably would have felt a little more solace knowing that more were coming. I don't know... they whole way they've been released has just felt a bit off to me.

24 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

That's half of what I find so weird is how inconsistent they have been released. There were quite a few sets last year, then the advent calendar, then one set in January and not half the sets have it. Feels like it should be all or none this year. But the other thing that would have been nice for both kids and adults is some sort of knowledge as to how long these are going to keep coming for? Some people might not have spent more on Bricklink getting them if they new they were going to be inundated with more and for those that didn't manage to get them all probably would have felt a little more solace knowing that more were coming. I don't know... they whole way they've been released has just felt a bit off to me.

And this year is no different, only cards come in a few sets.

I wanted to comment on something I noticed, they put a sticker of the bird gargoyle that is on the door to Dumbledore's office in a portal that doesn't open, they made it just as a wall, I found it super boring.
Captura%20de%20Tela%20(64).png
Another thing, can someone explain to me why there are these objects scattered on the ceiling of the Chamber of Secrets set? such as a crystal ball, a bottle, a chess board, etc.
And why are there so many frogs scattered around the Chamber of Secrets set?
Captura%20de%20Tela%20(65).png

1 hour ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

Another thing, can someone explain to me why there are these objects scattered on the ceiling of the Chamber of Secrets set? such as a crystal ball, a bottle, a chess board, etc.

I guess they just made appropriate details to enhance the otherwise empty ceiling a bit. Although one could argue the chess board and potions might refer to two of the tasks in the book? The Devil’s snare and Fluffy both got a dedicated set in the modular system, but potions (not in the movies) and the chess board (standalone full scale set) did not. Brown frogs refer to chocolate frogs and the white frog might resemble the toad beneath which the basilisk egg hatched (white because it’s its skeleton).

10 hours ago, strangely said:

I'm actually kind of glad to get a Moaning Myrtle in this color scheme. I like the CMF version, but it's a little too blue to me.

Neville's sweater is a bit meh to me, I think I might like the older version better, but maybe it'll grow on me.

Getting another Tonks so soon is interesting, but I'm happy to have the variation. I'm a little surprised it took so long to get a decent version of her.

Yeah that torso really looks like something a Weasley would wear but I just can’t find any reference photos with any matches. Stranger Things did cross my mind as well

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

And why are there so many frogs scattered around the Chamber of Secrets set?

The crystal ball is a direct reference to the original Hogwarts Castle set, which had one in the exact same place - fitting for an anniversary set. The other objects up there are to help fill an otherwise unoccupied space. 

The number of frogs in that set is down to the designer being known to really love the frog piece. And he knew he could slip so many in there because of the prevalence of chocolate frogs/pet toads at Hogwarts and the fact that the original sets had a habit of slipping small animals in whenever they could as well. 

Edited by Accio Lego

7 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

chocolate_frog_card_collection_by_zeluiz
My collection

Where/how can you find these choc frog cards? What product do they come with?

6 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Where/how can you find these choc frog cards? What product do they come with?

They come in the large chocolate frogs (in movie accurate packaging, hence the pentagonal shape) that are sold at the theme parks, studio tours, and Harry Potter New York. You can also order them online at the Universal Studios shop website and https://harrypottershop.co.uk/

They’re solid milk chocolate and rather large which helps justify the price tag. The chocolate itself isn’t the greatest I’ve ever tasted but it’s still pretty good and leagues better than most chocolate decoratively molded into animals for the amusement of children. 

They recently introduced a dark chocolate variation at Universal Orlando and I’m eagerly awaiting the rollout to other locations so I can try it. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah that torso really looks like something a Weasley would wear but I just can’t find any reference photos with any matches. Stranger Things did cross my mind as well

This torso really is a mystery. It leaking alongside the other AC torso heavily implies it‘s from that set, but Sirius never wears anything even close to that. Perhaps the remaining AC minifig isn’t Sirius to begin with, but I couldn‘t find any other HP character that wears that outfit either :shrug_oh_well: 

Stranger Things is a good guess, but none of the characters seem to have that particular stripey shirt in any of the seasons

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This torso really is a mystery. It leaking alongside the other AC torso heavily implies it‘s from that set, but Sirius never wears anything even close to that. Perhaps the remaining AC minifig isn’t Sirius to begin with, but I couldn‘t find any other HP character that wears that outfit either :shrug_oh_well: 

Stranger Things is a good guess, but none of the characters seem to have that particular stripey shirt in any of the seasons

With no skin tone printed anywhere and the arms notably absent, it could literally come from any theme. 

Wait- has anyone checked The Office?

11 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

They come in the large chocolate frogs (in movie accurate packaging, hence the pentagonal shape) that are sold at the theme parks, studio tours, and Harry Potter New York. You can also order them online at the Universal Studios shop website and https://harrypottershop.co.uk/

They’re solid milk chocolate and rather large which helps justify the price tag. The chocolate itself isn’t the greatest I’ve ever tasted but it’s still pretty good and leagues better than most chocolate decoratively molded into animals for the amusement of children. 

They recently introduced a dark chocolate variation at Universal Orlando and I’m eagerly awaiting the rollout to other locations so I can try it. 

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

WOW, seriously, congratulations, I really couldn't understand these things, but man the thing about the frogs is that there are A LOT of FROGS, no kidding, 9 frogs in different colors, this was not common to see.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The crystal ball is a direct reference to the original Hogwarts Castle set, which had one in the exact same place - fitting for an anniversary set. The other objects up there are to help fill an otherwise unoccupied space. 

The number of frogs in that set is down to the designer being known to really love the frog piece. And he knew he could slip so many in there because of the prevalence of chocolate frogs/pet toads at Hogwarts and the fact that the original sets had a habit of slipping small animals in whenever they could as well. 

Got it, interesting curiosity! Thanks

30 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, but I bought these on Ebay, I'm from Brazil and I never leave my country, can you believe I've never even tasted the frog's chocolate? haha And I have all the cards.

13 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Hope this works...

52142366198_2d1aba5bd4_b.jpgthumbnail_Resized_20220613_135405 by Chris McKinley, on Flickr

It's a little bit cramped because we still haven't moved in properly and my wife's city sets are all jammed in the shelf. Lol.

Thank you so much for coming in clutch! Sure it might be cramped, but still looks glorious all the same! 

so I see that or get the impression that the LEGO Con WWOHP part is from the Harry Potter studio tour (in UK)

they have a massive Hogwarts express there soooooooooo do you think they will reveal the rumoured USC Hogwarts Express real life ?????

They do like a real life next to set picture (mostly cars)

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

so I see that or get the impression that the LEGO Con WWOHP part is from the Harry Potter studio tour (in UK)

they have a massive Hogwarts express there soooooooooo do you think they will reveal the rumoured USC Hogwarts Express real life ?????

I doubt they will reveal it so soon, we probably have to wait a while still to see that one 

2 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

With all the other reveals set to happen for sets that are scheduled to come out much earlier I doubt we’ll get a full reveal. Possibly some sort of teaser? But I still think it’s more likely they’ll stick to promoting the new summer wave. They’re coming out the day afterwards in the US, and June 19th is such an odd day for a release that I’m sure it’s been scheduled like that on purpose. Lego’s probably hoping to see whether or not the hype from Lego Con will directly affect first day sales. 

I finally got round to finishing the Hospital wing and the latest two moments books. Very enjoyable overall, absolutely love the Pomfrey figure & skele-grow bottle 😊, the bean box and new owl all make it worth the price, especially at discount. Can’t say the same for the new Sirius rescue which has the same price but the box is the same size as the old £30 Uruk-Hai army. 

I hope we get another wave of moments sets with a new Lockheart (I can imagine a pearl gold or medium azure book cover for his lesson), and a Lupin lesson with the mirror wardrobe.

If they are looking for more ideas a moments set for each for the two common rooms seen in the movies would work really well. They can incorporate the secret entrances into the folding out walls with the fat lady and Sir Cadogan as stickers etc. Three students with no teacher figure though (year 3/4 Ginny, Seamus, a new Percy, Draco, Blaise and Pansy would be my choice)

Edited by Bugbot20082

5 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

If they are looking for more ideas a moments set for each for the two common rooms seen in the movies would work really well. They can incorporate the secret entrances into the folding out walls with the fat lady and Sir Cadogan as stickers etc. Three students with no teacher figure though (year 3/4 Ginny, Seamus, a new Percy, Draco, Blaise and Pansy would be my choice)

Why stop at Gryffindor and Slytherin? Between written and video game canon the appearances of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms is well established, and House Pride and completionism should be enough to compensate for the lack of movie appearances. And I wouldn’t mind seeing the Professor minifigs swapped out for house ghosts instead of an extra student. It would definitely be the best direction to take the Moments series now that they’ve mostly exhausted the classrooms (the only on screen class left is the CoMC hippogriff lesson, which is tricky to fit in the format. There’s also History of Magic, Astronomy, Muggle Studies, Arithmancy, and Ancient Runes, none of which appeared in the movies and most of which weren’t even shown in the books, making the pretty poor choices for sets). 

I don’t know if this has been discussed already, but I would bet the Hogwarts Express D2C is the same type of display as the miniature version of the build in the upcoming Advent Calendar. It lines up with what the leaks are saying it is.

Haven’t seen anyone mention it here yet but a better quality photo of the Tonks and Voldemort heads has leaked, and it also includes the Myrtle head. Nothing particularly new, but both the Tonks and Myrtle heads are both double sided.