Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 6/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, mark1991t said:

'The Great Staircase'

Contains two castle walls at a 90-degrees angle and the stairs can be rotated and the walls have various portraits displayed on them. Hermione Minifig Included. Likely GWP Coming July!"

Something I haven't really thought about in the HP line is the near complete lack of paintings.

Here's some I can think of, mostly from Prisoner of Azkaban, including some from a DVD bonus game:

- The fat lady

- Sir Cadogan (+ his pony)

- The 'put that light out' wizard

- The 'welcome to Hogwarts' wizard

- Portrait of a Bridesmaid (seen in PS)

- The giraffe (seen in many paintings in PoA)

- Dumbledore (in his office at the end of HBP)

- Arianna (in the Hogs Head, DH)

- Phineas Nigellus Black (OotP I think was his first appearance)

- Bearded wizard on a flying carpet + witch in a broomstick

- Group of old scholars one who's now a skeleton

- Violet (fat lady's friend)

I don't know if it has already been said, but in the ministry set, I really don't understand why they gave Mafalda Hopkirk the ponytail hairpiece. She has no ponytail at all in the film. They should've used used the hairpiece that originaly came with the bride minifig in the minifigure series, it's an exact match of the hairstyle. :wacko: And they even have it in the regular brown.

Wow, the Hungarian Horntail is so amazing. Such an incredible build.

The wings-moving mechanism works so well too. Harry also looks fantastic. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed! It makes the 2019 one look like a turkey :laugh_hard: My only issue with it is the same I’ve had with the Jurassic Park diorama: Please, TLG, for the love of Ole, don’t use stickers for eyes. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed! It makes the 2019 one look like a turkey :laugh_hard: My only issue with it is the same I’ve had with the Jurassic Park diorama: Please, TLG, for the love of Ole, don’t use stickers for eyes. Thanks.

Exactly. Why is it so hard to just print those pieces? They aren't even big or anything...

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I build mine as well yesterday and it's so cool (best Horntail so far for me). It's the only one out of the three moving creatures I have, cuz I love it's minifig scale. :wub: And I really like dragons in general, so this was an instant buy for me. :laugh:

The colors on Neville’s torso are completely wrong and it’s really annoying. And I can’t figure out who has the torso with the button up shirt

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The colors on Neville’s torso are completely wrong and it’s really annoying. And I can’t figure out who has the torso with the button up shirt

Also trying to figure that out, but can't find anything. Maybe it's just not from Harry Potter at all. :tongue:

5 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

Also trying to figure that out, but can't find anything. Maybe it's just not from Harry Potter at all. :tongue:

Maybe not, I haven’t been able to find anything that matches

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Mundungus Fletcher perhaps? :laugh:

He wears a jacket that looks a bit like this and not a shirt. Even then, the patern is different. These lines are broken up, but on his jacket they are continuous lines. :sceptic:

Yeah it’s a similar pattern to Mundungus’ jacket but this isn’t a jacket so if it is him that’s a huge miss. Neville’s torso is already a miss

I'm pretty sure that's just Sirius. We know the minifigure selection, and it kinda fits the "brown sweater" part of the description.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure that's just Sirius. We know the minifigure selection, and it kinda fits the "brown sweater" part of the description.

I don’t think Sirius ever wears this though. And it doesn’t really look like a Christmas gimmicky outfit

Kind of a random question but does anyone have any pictures of The Shrieking Shack combined with the rest of Hogsmeade?

51 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think Sirius ever wears this though. And it doesn’t really look like a Christmas gimmicky outfit

True, but it's not like he wears a brown sweater at any point in the movies.

They just made it up, for some reason.

That would be frustrating. Especially when they could have easily done his maroon coat

I wish they had put him with the maroon coat in the Grimmauld Place set and then saved the pinstriped jacket version for a Ministry Battle set so we could get that version of Lucius too

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

True, but it's not like he wears a brown sweater at any point in the movies.

They just made it up, for some reason.

He wears a brown robe like garment when seeing Harry off at Kings Cross. Combined with the lack of printing continued on the legs we’ve seen multiple times over the year that could easily be interpreted as a sweater. 

The leaked chevron patterned shirt is a bit confusing though. It has a rather Weasley vibe to it, but a cursory search has so far turned up nothing matching. I can’t help but think that the reason it stumping us is because it’s not from the advent calendar at all. All these torsos are missing arms after all, that means they were just snatched of the production line, right? It wouldn’t be the first time things have been grouped incorrectly or mistaken for something else by leakers. 

On a slightly less frustrated note, Myrtle’s torso is clearly not a repeat of her cmf color scheme. It’s not glow in the dark either but it looks to be the same as the Nearly Headless Nick from the 2018 Great Hall. That’s great, now stick to that one color palette for ghosts Lego I’m begging you

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

He wears a brown robe like garment when seeing Harry off at Kings Cross. Combined with the lack of printing continued on the legs we’ve seen multiple times over the year that could easily be interpreted as a sweater. 

The leaked chevron patterned shirt is a bit confusing though. It has a rather Weasley vibe to it, but a cursory search has so far turned up nothing matching. I can’t help but think that the reason it stumping us is because it’s not from the advent calendar at all. All these torsos are missing arms after all, that means they were just snatched of the production line, right? It wouldn’t be the first time things have been grouped incorrectly or mistaken for something else by leakers. 

On a slightly less frustrated note, Myrtle’s torso is clearly not a repeat of her cmf color scheme. It’s not glow in the dark either but it looks to be the same as the Nearly Headless Nick from the 2018 Great Hall. That’s great, now stick to that one color palette for ghosts Lego I’m begging you

Yeah it’s frustrating that they wasted a slot for a new print on a minifig we’ve already gotten in a CMF. Could have been a new character. But nope. 

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah it’s frustrating that they wasted a slot for a new print on a minifig we’ve already gotten in a CMF. Could have been a new character. But nope. 

Honestly, I’ll let Myrtle slide because the CMF version is two years old and I’m sure coming out in 2020 made it impossible for some people to acquire the cmf characters they wanted. I might have been able to get myself a full Harry Potter series 2 eventually, but I was never able to obtain the series 20 figs I wanted because none of the store in my area bothered stocking them. Add on the fact that they’ve changed her color palette to actually match one of the Nicks they’ve done and I consider her a solid choice - sort of like the 2019 Flitwick, not the character you’re buying the advent calendar for but hardly a disappointment. 

The frustrating inclusion is Tonks honestly. She’s wearing the exact same outfit as she is in the brand new Grimmauld Place set, just with the robe open so they can get out of giving her printed legs. That’s a torso print that really doesn’t need to exist. I’ll admit I like getting an alternate metamorphagus face for Tonks, but why do it this year? Why not wait a year or two and then just reuse the Grimmauld Place figure with a new head like they did with McGonagall and (presumably) Voldemort (and in a sense Griphook too). It would have freed up budget for more unique prints and probably helped sales of both Grimmauld and the two Advent Calendars. 

44 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I second this. AC’s are a great way of getting round some of the rules Lego has on the main sets (avoiding death scenes, pubs/alcohol, year 7 in general) or doing more overlooked characters: we could have got Tom the bartender, Rufus, Xenophilius, Aunt Marge, Aberforth, Bill Weasley, Barty Crouch Sr, Mundungus, the Grey Lady or Fat Friar ghost etc, any of which would be suited for the scope of an AC (no new moulds for example) but perhaps not quite deserving of a CMF slot etc. 

I welcome repeats in a AC if they are desirable and rare to help poorer families on a budget (OotP Sirius and Tonks for example), but to waste 2 or 3 prints of the budget on a rehash from the last CMF stinks for me personally.  It would’t even be so bad if it was a Gambon Dumbledore again as that was last seen in 2018 (excluding the clock tower variant), or better yet we could have got a HBP black-handed variant of him. 

I can only imagine she has some integral role for the game or interacts with some of the builds somehow maybe (I’m expecting a sink or even a toilet 😅)

Edited by Bugbot20082

On 6/11/2022 at 3:05 AM, chris6507 said:

Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but what's the deal with the SAME chocolate frog cards coming back? Did LEGO expect people were going to sit around for the next couple of years waiting to complete their sets? Feels so random being drip fed these same chocolate frog cards. Would assume most people who were looking to complete a set would have chased after it immediately, not sat back with a wish and a prayer that LEGO would release them again a year later. What's your thoughts, was the same cards a welcome return to anyone? Or does it just feel useless?

Well I am not committed to getting the complete set, I appreciate them sticking around. I have gotten 5 sets with cards so far and find them to be a delightful inclusion each time. I am still far from finishing the collection so it is nice to keep getting a few at a time. I think I have 8 so far including some repeats.

I'd also say if you think about the target audience of kids, they are not necessarily going to get enough sets to get enough sets to get 16 cards in one year.