Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For one thing, the green roofs are terrible. It also just doesn’t really resemble the tower. At least not even close to the way the 2018-2020 sets resembled their respective buildings

How? The Dark Tower in the movie is a basic round tower with a flat top and a conical prison cell on top. This set is a basic round Tower with a flat top and a conical prison cell on top. I can guarantee that, if we got the Dark Tower in 2019 or 2020, it would look almost identical to this, just with a grey roof. In any case, this is far more obviously the Dark Tower than the 2018 Staircase Tower was supposed to be the Staircase Tower.

And then the Courtyard is just unquestionably accurate to the film, it's just missing the inner arches which couldn't really be accomplished with existing LEGO pieces.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

6 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

What I did was, buy chamber secret 2021 and hospital wing, get the accessories and furniture, and adapt them to my 2018/2020 castle. It's the best thing to do, today I received Hospital wing 2022 and I improved my Clock tower 2018, it looks beautiful.

I plan on doing something like that at some point

If you ever are looking for a certain set at a discount I have been utilizing join honey which shows you deals and auto applies coupons for lego.com. You still shop through the Lego site just gets you coupons and money back.  i utilize it whenever i shop on lego.com. saved $14 on the shack

sale.jpg

Edited by jwhitney
Clone Opatra

56 minutes ago, jwhitney said:

Unsure if this is allowed but i wanted to share and know it will be deleted if not allowed

While your post comes across as slightly spammy, Honey is a legit service that might be of interest to people that don't know about it.

I've removed your referral link though, since we don't want that sort of thing here.

6 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

And then the Courtyard is just unquestionably accurate to the film, it's just missing the inner arches which couldn't really be accomplished with existing LEGO pieces.

Based on the green foliage (and the movie the scene is from) I think it's supposed to represent the rear courtyard by the clocktower, not the front entrance one. 

Though one can see in the clip that the Dark Tower and Courtyard are at opposite ends of the castle layout, but they compressed them into one set to capture the whole scene. 

Edited by Ferder

19 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

How? The Dark Tower in the movie is a basic round tower with a flat top and a conical prison cell on top. This set is a basic round Tower with a flat top and a conical prison cell on top. I can guarantee that, if we got the Dark Tower in 2019 or 2020, it would look almost identical to this, just with a grey roof. In any case, this is far more obviously the Dark Tower than the 2018 Staircase Tower was supposed to be the Staircase Tower.

And that's why I won't waste my time with this set, there's nothing in it that I don't have. The only thing is the new model of broom that I even wanted out of curiosity, but honestly I don't know if it was a good thing. I even wanted an update on the brooms, after all they've been the same since 2001, but I didn't really like these new ones.

46 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

And that's why I won't waste my time with this set, there's nothing in it that I don't have.

Hermione and Harry have faceprints exclusive to that set (at least for now) and Buckbeak has a new colour :wink: Not much new in terms of the actual build, but it‘s a decent set overall

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Stonewars.de has a better resolution pic of the upcoming advent calender via a Japanese LEGO Catalogue. We can now clearly see the contents displayed on the front of the box.

Not all microscale builds I think; the Globet of Fire with (probably) Harry's name, should be minifigure-scale, although a little on the small side.

Like last year, there is a game included.

3 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Meh. At least this year they can just reuse the spinner print from last year and not waste any budget on that. Hope they retool the build a bit though, last year’s isn’t exactly the best at spinning. 

I understand LEGO needs to release things to try to make people buy things, but Buckbeak being white doesn't make much sense. They have a bit of white on their chest, but otherwise they are really a light gray, so the old mold looks more accurate from that perspective. I don't know if I need a white version. And the figures only being slightly different... hmm.

5 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Stonewars.de has a better resolution pic of the upcoming advent calender via a Japanese LEGO Catalogue. We can now clearly see the contents displayed on the front of the box.

Not all microscale builds I think; the Globet of Fire with (probably) Harry's name, should be minifigure-scale, although a little on the small side.

Nice to see it clearer. The previous GoF is superior I think, many of these builds seems to be on the small side. Seeing as it’s alone I expect the Hedwig will come with the Harry Figure 

So in total we know of 10 gifts:

Harry & Hedwig, Neville & sword, Sirius, Tonks, Myrtle, Voldemort, Train, Goblet with printed tile, mini willow tree & car, mini pitch hoops. 

Add to that if it’s a game then one day might be another spinner or a dice, so we now know 11 out of 24 :)

I’m excited to see what else they have in store, the Yule ball calendar kept the golden egg secret and that was one of my favourite things from that year!

Btw have we ever had arm printing in an Advent Calendar?

Edited by Bugbot20082

37 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Nice to see it clearer. The previous GoF is superior I think, many of these builds seems to be on the small side. Seeing as it’s alone I expect the Hedwig will come with the Harry Figure 

So in total we know of 10 gifts:

Harry & Hedwig, Neville & sword, Sirius, Tonks, Myrtle, Voldemort, Train, Goblet with printed tile, mini willow tree & car, mini pitch hoops. 

Add to that if it’s a game then one day might be another spinner or a dice, so we now know 11 out of 24 :)

I’m excited to see what else they have in store, the Yule ball calendar kept the golden egg secret and that was one of my favourite things from that year!

The 2020 AC goblet was definitely better, but this one seems to have some floor tiles that extend out beside it, presumably so a Minifigure can be secured next to it, and it comes with the printed parchment scrap, so at least it brings something new to the table. 

The micro Hogwarts Express also seems to come with a mini platform 9 3/4, which nicely sets it apart from the 2019 one. 

And the small “game included” text on the box has a spinner like last year’s next to it, so no dice on the dice. 

The box art is definitely not giving much up. My first reaction was that it was a lot sparser than previous years, so I went back and checked. The previous years all had at least one more minibuild visible in the box art, and revealed between 4 and 5 minifigs, whereas this year only has Tonks and Harry. 

The conscious decision to include significantly fewer minifigs on the box is interesting, especially since one of the two they do show is the repeat of all repeats. The exclusive characters and variants are one of the main selling points for the licensed advent calendars, so only showing off the new Tonks seems counterintuitive. I get that Voldemort wouldn’t be anyone’s first choice for promoting a holiday product, but the other 3 would work fine. Here’s hoping they’re just keeping the really exciting stuff in reserve. 

Brick_Clicker on instagram has news about the upcoming GWP:

''The Great Staircase

Contains two castle walls at a 90-degrees angle and the stairs can be rotated and the walls have various portraits displayed on them. Hermione Minifig Included. Likely GWP Coming July!"

That sounds really cool, actually! Too bad the minifig‘s nothing to write home about, but that‘s kind of a given with these GWP sets (the 2018 one with Ollivander being the big exception) :laugh: 

Just need to know the minimum purchase requirement, actual release date and hope there are still sets available to purchase when the GWP goes live.  I haven't bought anything other than the trunk so far this year waiting for the GWP to be announced.

38 minutes ago, karrit said:

Just need to know the minimum purchase requirement, actual release date and hope there are still sets available to purchase when the GWP goes live.  I haven't bought anything other than the trunk so far this year waiting for the GWP to be announced.

Previous GWPs have been at around a $100 threshold although it wouldn’t shock me if this one was higher. I’m just surprised that we’re getting it in July instead of November like usual. 

And we finally know what 40577 is! Sadly that’s the final nail in the coffin of any hopes we had for an accessory pack this year. I’m excited to see what portraits we’ll get from the grand staircase though. 

Really looking forward to the portraits and to see how they do the stairs. 

Would like to see any torso but the open/closed robes from 2021 onwards, but would still be good to get another. 

Glad I've not bought any of this wave yet 😁

3 hours ago, karrit said:

My guess - (in US dollars) 150 or 160 on the low end 200 for the high end

7 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Brick_Clicker on instagram has news about the upcoming GWP:

''The Great Staircase

Contains two castle walls at a 90-degrees angle and the stairs can be rotated and the walls have various portraits displayed on them. Hermione Minifig Included. Likely GWP Coming July!"

Is it a stretch to assume the portraits will all be stickers? If so, not too desirable for me unless Hermione is a really good variant.

6 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

My guess - (in US dollars) 150 or 160 on the low end 200 for the high end

I could see it being more along the lines of $120, but trying to guess when we don’t have a piece count is an effort in futility 

On promobricks they say it will be available between 15-31 july for 130 euros on harry potter products.

Since I'm trying to build a massive Hogwarts (like so many others) getting a staircase from official designer might be a good starting point to add/modify to. The wall portraits can be tricky depending on scale. Stickers would make sense and in this situation I don't mind as much. But MOC brick built versions have left a lot to be desired, so I guess I will wait and see.

But I definitely am running out of sets to buy to get these GWP. Need a large purchase for June for the classic castle stuff and then July it looks like another large purchase but only HP products...hmm.

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I guess I’ll bulk order some of the new sets to get the GWP. Watch the higher price point sets will be out of stock 

That’s why I prefer to go to my local store for GWPs. Apart from the fact that lego usually adds on the polybag as a lower threshold store exclusive gwp, my local store tends to sell out of sets slower than the website. 

On 6/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, ZeLuiz08 said:

And that's why I won't waste my time with this set, there's nothing in it that I don't have. The only thing is the new model of broom that I even wanted out of curiosity, but honestly I don't know if it was a good thing. I even wanted an update on the brooms, after all they've been the same since 2001, but I didn't really like these new ones.

I hadn't actually notice this until you said that. Thank you very much. You've save me $80 from an already expensive wave. It really doesn't have anything to get you excited about it does it? Worse than even fluffy encounter.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but what's the deal with the SAME chocolate frog cards coming back? Did LEGO expect people were going to sit around for the next couple of years waiting to complete their sets? Feels so random being drip fed these same chocolate frog cards. Would assume most people who were looking to complete a set would have chased after it immediately, not sat back with a wish and a prayer that LEGO would release them again a year later. What's your thoughts, was the same cards a welcome return to anyone? Or does it just feel useless?

I suppose it could be worse, they could release a Harry/Voldemort duel standing on some grey bricks like the new Kenobi set! :iamded_lol:

Edited by chris6507