Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Probably a pass for me. Too expensive so this would have to be something really amazing to justify the spend. Expecting a couple of these minifigures to be repeats as well by the sounds of it. And I hate the epilogue, haven't read it again since the book released, so that side of things, although a lovely touch, means nothing to me. Need to see pictures now before passing any further judgment :laugh:

Edited by drewdotexe

Do we expect all 20 minifigs to be exclusive? The set itself is a hard pass for me, but as a minifigure completionist I will need to get all exclusive minifigures from BrickLink. With Hogwarts castle and Hogwarts Icons sets it was relatively easy as there were only 4 and 3 exclusive minifigures, but here I am kinda worried that buying all these minifigs seperately will cost more than half of the entire set price.

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Do we expect all 20 minifigs to be exclusive?

No way. Not only are a lot of these in the same outfits we’ve gotten before, it wouldn’t make any logistical sense for this many characters in a single set to have exclusive prints :laugh:

What I think may be repeats/reuse existing pieces:

Year 6 Casual Harry

Year 6 Luna (probably a variation of the CMF, like what they did with Kingsley)

Year 1 Trio

Year 3 Trio

Remus Lupin

Dementor

Trolley Witch

Random students

Leaving these as figs with new torsos etc:

Draco Malfoy (HBP)

Conductor

Harry, Ginny, James, Albus and Lily

29 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Year 6 Luna (probably a variation of the CMF, like what they did with Kingsley)

Yeah but if it has just one new piece I consider it an exclusive minifigure. CMF and Grimmauld Place Kingley are two exclusive minifigures for me, they are very different. I can’t see year 3 trio being reused as last time we saw those outfits was in 2018 so they have to produce new ones. Trolley Witch will also probably be new updated version since last time we had her was in 2018 too. It’s gonna be very expansive to get all these minifigs without buying the whole set. Dementor, Lupin and some of year 1 and 6 will be probably non exclusive (reused) minifigures, but I’m worried about the rest :D

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

What I think may be repeats/reuse existing pieces:

Year 3 Trio

Harry and Ron should have new prints in a set this large though. Hermione is fine but the fellas in the 2018 HE set were reused from CoS and their outfits from the rest of the PoA sets are different to what they wear on the train. 

14 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Harry and Ron should have new prints in a set this large though. Hermione is fine but the fellas in the 2018 HE set were reused from CoS and their outfits from the rest of the PoA sets are different to what they wear on the train. 

Ah fingers crossed. Would be good if half of the 20 minifigs are new.

13 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yes this is also true, Harry and Ron we got in PoA Hogwarts Express in 2018 weren’t even accurate to the scene in the first place, so we will definitely get new versions of them. 

Meg.bricks on IG posted the Hogwarts Castle/Dumbledore polybag. The post said found at ToysRUs so they are officially out in stores :) Can’t wait to see what the total castle looks like when you put 8 together. Hopefully I will find one soon. 

Also, as Voldemort was not listed in the D2C minifigures, he is almost certainly included in the Advent Calendar :)

It's an interesting set description.  I personally don't like the inclusion of quotes, display panels etc so I hope these don't feature too prominently in the set although I'm pretty sure this will be a pass for me.

It sounds like it will be a very large scale model in order to justify the price and from the description it doesn't sound like there will be much of a station, let alone 2!  I think the minifigs are the most interesting part of the set:

- The 1st year trio will likely only have one exclusive figure (Ron) as we've had the Harry/Hermione figures in the 2021 advent calendar

- It'll be nice to get the 3rd year trio with the mid-legs/faceprints/hairpieces that should have been included in the 2018 set

- Lupin might get a new print but it doesn't seem necessary and the dementor will presumably be the same as the ministry set, trolley witch also wouldn't need an update

- Very cool to get a conductor - I love the minor characters that flesh out the world a bit

- It'll also be interesting to see the HBP figs, black suit Draco is fun, hopefully Luna is in a duller pink colour and Harry is a new fig

- I hope the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students are named because there's plenty of options still out there

- I'm also interested to see how they do the epilogue figures

10 minutes ago, Yope said:

- I hope the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff students are named because there's plenty of options still out there

A wild guess... Cho and Cedric? 😆

If the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw characters are named, it can only really be Leanne for Hufflepuff (Ernie, Susan and Hannah may be there in DHI, I'm not sure, but none of them have lines in the films). 

For Ravenclaw it could be Cho, Padma (sort of Gryffindor though) and although his scene is moved to Slughorn's office, could also have Marcus Belby. 

2 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Meg.bricks on IG posted the Hogwarts Castle/Dumbledore polybag. The post said found at ToysRUs so they are officially out in stores :) Can’t wait to see what the total castle looks like when you put 8 together. Hopefully I will find one soon. 

Also, as Voldemort was not listed in the D2C minifigures, he is almost certainly included in the Advent Calendar :)

According to someone on instagram, the characters in the advent calendar are Tonks, Harry Potter, Neville, Moaning Myrtle, Sirius and Voldemort. Don't know if it's true

Oh wow minifigure selection sound really neat for D2C Hogwarts Express. Great idea! I think it’s lovely to have Potter family at last! But it’s quite shame that there is no Ron & Herimone’s family yet.

still no Gringott’s Bank yet. 

I would hope that the year 1 trio uses their muggle clothes. Minus Hermione of course who already has her robes on, so maybe they’ll just use the pre sorting robes for her or all three of them. But I hope Harry and Ron have their muggle clothes from that scene

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I don't know if someone already pointed it out, but the wings of the thestral in the new set are of a different colour than the 2018 one

57 minutes ago, Xcube said:

According to someone on instagram, the characters in the advent calendar are Tonks, Harry Potter, Neville, Moaning Myrtle, Sirius and Voldemort. Don't know if it's true

That would be our fourth Sirius Black in a year we've seen only one McGonagall and Snape (excluding Brickheadz). That would be weird. 

ETA: For that matter, not counting the polybag many seem to have difficulty finding in stores, we've only had one Dumbledore this year. And no Hagrids. Four Blacks would be really strange in that light. 

Edited by krimimimi

56 minutes ago, Xcube said:

Decent minifigures. I want the new Dark Lord (face print) and would love Moaning Myrtle for my bathroom (I missed out on her in the CMF and have been using a banshee). Would rather have Slughorn than another Snape, but maybe he will be wearing Neville's Grandmother's clothes. I'd replace Harry with a Ravenclaw Quidditch player...anyone else have too many Harry's?

Kind of bummed there's no Quidditch set on shelves this year. I thought we would get a new pitch or some Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw players in an AP. Good chance for next year though.

I'm not overly impressed with the description of the D2C Hogwarts Express.  I think it's going to be hard to justify the $500 price tag.  Will wait to see pictures but I'm seriously considering passing on this set.

2 hours ago, Xcube said:

I hope this is true! With DH Neville, the list of minifigs from the 2010 reboot that haven’t been remade yet gets shorter again :laugh:

Any chance the year six Harry could be him in his red jacket? I know it wouldn’t be accurate to that scene but it would be more exciting than a reuse or a new print of an outfit he only wears for one scene lol 

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

(Ernie, Susan and Hannah may be there in DHI, I'm not sure, but none of them have lines in the films). 

Actually Ernie and Hannah DO have lines in some deleted scenes from CoS, which I’ve seen commonly added on into an extended cut of the movie (which I’ve even caught on tv occasionally)

3 hours ago, Xcube said:

The Voldemort tracks with the head we saw leaked. 

With Tonks getting a new head and torso and Voldemort probably only getting the new head, plus the scrap of parchment from the goblet of fire, that’s 4 new prints already. The 2019 calendar had 7 new prints in total, 2020 had 8, and 2021 had 9 I believe. Assuming Sirius just has a new torso that does leave enough for a new torso print for Neville and a new head+torso+legs for Myrtle (and that’s assuming we don’t get another increase in the number of prints, and I can totally see the designers squeezing ten or more in there this year). If we do get Myrtle I hope she’s glow in the dark like Nick from last year (the ghosts are all fun but I’d like some consistency).

That being said, I remain skeptical. The only post on Instagram I found claiming to know the advent calendar characters says they got the info from Promobricks. Which seems odd since I can’t find any sign of it on the actual Promobricks pages. Can anyone who knows German confirm whether or not it’s gotten an offhand mention in one of their articles or something I might not have noticed? Because otherwise this is just someone blowing hot air. 

1 hour ago, TWISTOFLEMON said:

Any chance the year six Harry could be him in his red jacket? I know it wouldn’t be accurate to that scene but it would be more exciting than a reuse or a new print of an outfit he only wears for one scene lol 

I really hope so. Shame we haven't gotten it yet. I still hold hope for an Inferni cave set.

They are probably just gonna reuse the hoodie from the Grawp set tho.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:49 PM, Accio Lego said:

That being said, I remain skeptical. The only post on Instagram I found claiming to know the advent calendar characters says they got the info from Promobricks. Which seems odd since I can’t find any sign of it on the actual Promobricks pages. Can anyone who knows German confirm whether or not it’s gotten an offhand mention in one of their articles or something I might not have noticed? Because otherwise this is just someone blowing hot air. 

This. And the post is graphical the same as a certain 'nono' from two years ago.

Edit: Information seems to coming from Promobricks after all.

Edited by mark1991t
Information is confirmed to be from Promobricks.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Actually Ernie and Hannah DO have lines in some deleted scenes from CoS, which I’ve seen commonly added on into an extended cut of the movie (which I’ve even caught on tv occasionally)

The Voldemort tracks with the head we saw leaked. 

With Tonks getting a new head and torso and Voldemort probably only getting the new head, plus the scrap of parchment from the goblet of fire, that’s 4 new prints already. The 2019 calendar had 7 new prints in total, 2020 had 8, and 2021 had 9 I believe. Assuming Sirius just has a new torso that does leave enough for a new torso print for Neville and a new head+torso+legs for Myrtle (and that’s assuming we don’t get another increase in the number of prints, and I can totally see the designers squeezing ten or more in there this year). If we do get Myrtle I hope she’s glow in the dark like Nick from last year (the ghosts are all fun but I’d like some consistency).

In the following article only Harry Potter and Tonks are mentioned. Didn't find any more information on this advent calendar.

LEGO Katalog 2HY 2022 veröffentlicht: Erster Blick auf neue Technic Sets und Adventskalender