Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I was sure it was a render issue when the pictures first pop up, but Buckbeak comes in white this year :sweet:

So I finally purchased the new Diagon Alley set, loving the build so far.

I have a dumb question for you hardcore Potter fans that I didn't see mentioned before; in the Quality Quidditch Supplies store there are four boxes of clothes on the first floor. Red for Gryffindor, Green for Slytherin, Yellow for Hufflepuff and then Grey. Is there a reason why the last box isn't Blue for Ravenclaw?.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Gotta try to get all these sets before prices go up in September so I’ll probably grab them all pretty quickly when they show up

Only one set from this year gets a price increase (Dumbledore's Office, 10€).

The image is in the catalog on LEGO's own website here. 

Looks like a bunch of microscale builds.

Edited by mark1991t
spelling

So many microbuilds... what I really appreciated the last calendars for, especially the last one, was that they felt like extensions of regular sets, with various additional builds. At least Tonks' there.

1. Harry (short legs, Hogwarts robes)

2. Tonks

3. Hedwig

4. Goblet of Fire with candidate's name

5. Micro Hogwarts Express and Station

6. Micro Whomping Willow and Ford Anglia

7. Micro Quidditch hoops

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So many microbuilds... what I really appreciated the last calendars for, especially the last one, was that they felt like extensions of regular sets, with various additional builds. At least Tonks' there.

1. Harry (short legs, Hogwarts robes)

2. Tonks

3. Hedwig

4. Goblet of Fire with candidate's name

5. Micro Hogwarts Express and Station

6. Micro Whomping Willow and Ford Anglia

7. Micro Quidditch hoops

I’m cool with micro builds since I just add them to my micro Hogwarts Castle display. 

Also nice to get confirmation that the second Tonks is coming there. And the reveal that Harry (and probably by extension Ron and Hermione) is in standard Hogwarts robes is definitely interesting. When the 2019 calendar used a recycled trio we got 3 new minifigs with printed skirts (a total of 3 new torsos, 3 new ‘skirts’, and 1 new head). The advent calendar Tonks seems to have unprinted legs, meaning just a new torso and head. So there’s a very high chance we’ll see two more completely new minifigs to round out the typical 6 character lineup. 

And lego has clearly broken from the ‘follow a specific scene/sequence’ pattern they used for the first three advent calendars. Everything is on the table now, and it looks like we’ve got a combination of microbuilds, small minifig scale builds, and characters - much the same way Star Wars traditionally has had. 

What a shame about all the micro builds. I really liked the extensions to a set / scene / theme from previous years and have next to no use for these little things. I never got the appeal of them in the Star Wars ACs either, unless you're going to hang it from a tree or something. Purple haired Tonks is nice, but it really feels like they missed a trick not going with Christmas at Grimmauld. 

28 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

What a shame about all the micro builds. I really liked the extensions to a set / scene / theme from previous years and have next to no use for these little things. I never got the appeal of them in the Star Wars ACs either, unless you're going to hang it from a tree or something. Purple haired Tonks is nice, but it really feels like they missed a trick not going with Christmas at Grimmauld. 

Yep, agree with this massively.

Like we've had the Goblet of Fire so many times.

The Whomping Willow and Ford Anglia were in the giant microscale set.

The Hogwarts Express was done in a smaller scale in the first HP calendar where you can see it as a toy someone for for Christmas.

Everything here looks like a little stand alone build at different scales, meaning nothing will really work in a moc or larger set.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yep, agree with this massively.

Like we've had the Goblet of Fire so many times.

The Whomping Willow and Ford Anglia were in the giant microscale set.

The Hogwarts Express was done in a smaller scale in the first HP calendar where you can see it as a toy someone for for Christmas.

Everything here looks like a little stand alone build at different scales, meaning nothing will really work in a moc or larger set.

For the life of me I can't fathom why they wouldn't have made a Christmas at Grimmauld Place advent calendar to go with the Grimmauld Place set. It could have included a recovering Arthur in Christmas crown and wheelchair (inclusion is always good), and Ginny and Hermione, all of whom were missing from the 12GP set. I'd have kept the extra Tonks, such an inherently variable character deserved more than one variation, and given the overwhelmingly male representation in the 12GP set (seven of nine), it helps add a bit of balance. Ron and Harry are probably requirements, but at least it gives them a chance for a different outfit. 

We've got the troll foot umbrella stand and portrait of Walburga in the 12GP set, so perhaps a doxy nest and some spiders instead. They could have included a few small builds, like a writing desk to house the Bogart, a couch for creatures to nest under, and a fireplace (with wreath) to Floo through. That would give us a bit of structure to flesh out the sparse rooms from the set. And If they were clever about them, it could encourage people to get a second 12GP to make a larger MOC to hold them... 😉 Other things found in the house, like snakeskins, bottles of blood, boxes of Wartcap Powder. And there's always a couple of house-elf heads mounted for the walls... (Fine, sure, probably not AC material, but an AFOL can wish.) But most of all what was largely missing last year: a bit of Christmas fluff and frippery. 

Two figures I would still love to see in an advent calendar are Christmas Sweater Fred and George, with the big F and G on the torsos. Mostly because it's the closest movie outfit we have to how they looked in the games, their looks there are so iconic to me. But also because it's the best outfit to tell them apart.

So far we can only vaguely make out possibly 7 or 8 of the builds for this Advent Calendar.  I figure the Anglia & Whomping Willow could be two separate days.  That still leaves 16 more builds we know nothing about.  So I'm not giving up hope there will be some really good builds in there based off this one picture.  Not a fan of the microbuilds in any of the Advent calendars but the previous Harry Potter ones have had their share so it's nothing new.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

I figure the Anglia & Whomping Willow could be two separate days. 

Ford Anglia is made out of four small pieces, so definitely not.

Tonks is from the first dinner scene I think

order-of-the-phoenix-movie-screencaps.com-1778

Shame Harry is a short legged standard robes re-release... Could it be a placeholder fig? 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ford Anglia is made out of four small pieces, so definitely not.

Good to know but we did have those House Pennants in the first HP Advent Calendar.  I wouldn't call those lame but definitely were disappointing since they were used for 4 different days. I don't know how some of you can figure out parts from some of those blurry pictures though.

18 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Shame Harry is a short legged standard robes re-release... Could it be a placeholder fig? 

Nope. This is from the consumer catalogue, so it’s the final version :classic:

25 minutes ago, karrit said:

Good to know but we did have those House Pennants in the first HP Advent Calendar.  I wouldn't call those lame but definitely were disappointing since they were used for 4 different days. I don't know how some of you can figure out parts from some of those blurry pictures though.

True, but they included big pieces. Ford Anglia is smaller than one flag from that build. It's really tiny. It would look pathetic in that openable box :grin:

I think the Tonks could also be from the Department of Mysteries battle in Order of the Phoenix.

2 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

I think the Tonks could also be from the Department of Mysteries battle in Order of the Phoenix.

Well she wouldn't have made the duck face then (Mimi says confidently despite having not re-watched that scene since the movie first came out) so it's a multi-purpose Tonks. If it is the same Tonks, however, that might just increase the chances of that AP of Death Eaters I've been wanting so badly to round out the fight. 

Edited by krimimimi

Since it’s a mixed bag of things spanning all the movies, I would say there is a good chance that the Voldemort head we saw is also from the AC. 
The front cover is unusual, it’s taken the reverse direction from the previous and is holding its contents close to the chest this time

The ‘photo album’ is a neat way of making the random builds work: each one is a different memory etc from Harry’s life in the Wizarding world

PS: train, the hoops, Harry 

CS: whomping willow & car

PoA: Hedwig carrying the firebolt

GoF: the goblet again :/

OotP: Tonks! :D

Fingers crossed for some more desired things we have been missing so far: flying keys, Draco in a new outfit, a missing character like Rufus Scrimgeour or Mr X Lovegood 

Edited by Bugbot20082

My order still hasn’t been dispatched yet :ugh: What’s the point of a bloody pre-order if I can get the sets earlier by just walking into a store? Only ordering from s@h again from this point forward!

*rant over*

7 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

order-of-the-phoenix-movie-screencaps.com-13816

Different outfit to the dinner scene one. 

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nope. This is from the consumer catalogue, so it’s the final version :classic:

👍🏼 Ta

So new prints confirmed:

-New Tonks head (double sided)

-New Tonks torso 

-Harry’s name on burnt parchment (1x2 tile)

-New Voldemort head (likely)

Sadly nothing shown on the top side off of the box this time