Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

51 minutes ago, Lego Harry said:

Thanks - very helpful, there is one in my town.

I saw the old Harry and Hedwig polybag in my Waterstones the other day, but not the newer Hermione Study Desk. Never seen them anywhere else, but I think Lego stores themselves often have them.

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lego stores

Great - one would expect this! next time I pop into the Leicester Sq store I will keep an eye out. 

Any idea when we will find out about the HP Accessory Pack? It releases in June, correct?

I think we will see the D2C 🚂 revealed at Lego-Con next month. Possibly the AC as well. 

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

I think we will see the D2C 🚂 revealed at Lego-Con next month. Possibly the AC as well. 

Lego hasn’t explicitly confirmed on social media that there will be a Harry Potter reveal like they have with Star Wars, but they did just announce that Evanna Lynch will be guest staring in the Harry Potter portion of the program. Some of Luna’s most memorable scenes in OotP and HBP take place on or just off the train, so who knows.
I do suspect they’ll be focusing more on the summer wave though, because it’s really hard to believe that their US release being scheduled for the day after Lego Con airs is any sort of coincidence. 

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Any idea when we will find out about the HP Accessory Pack? It releases in June, correct?

Not that it's any guarantee, but the 2021 AP was available in Europe from early June, in the US from early July. The 2020 AP was available from early June in both markets.   

The AC pix were out somewhere around June 1st last year, well ahead of the CON, although I think that was earlier than expected. 

I'm just glad we don't have to wait until August for the release in the US like we have in previous years.  I hope we get a decent GWP too.  I haven't bought any of this years releases yet except for the trunk because I'm waiting to see what they'll offer as a GWP.  I'm guessing the in-store only offer will be for the Polybag as usual.

12 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

A D2C reveal would be fantastic, but I seriously think we'll have to wait longer. It's slated for a fall release, right?

I read a review for it and it stated the Shrieking Shack is 25 cm tall which is a few cm taller than The Three Broomsticks! Relieved it is taller because in the film it looked gigantic compared to The Three Broomsticks.

I find the fact that lego released an image of two of the Star Wars advent calendar gifts as part of yesterday’s Star Wars celebration rather interesting. Maybe they’ve done something like this for Star Wars before many years ago, but in the past few years as I’ve been following advent calendar news I’ve never seen a teaser like this posted on their official social media. 

I’d largely discounted the idea of getting any sort of advent calendar reveal at Lego Con because A) it’s too early, and B) a lot of people (including the parents/small children who are a large part of Lego Con’s target audience) want the advent calendar gifts to be largely a surprise, and Lego seems to be conscientious of this and refrain from pushing much advent calendar imagery on their social media. 

But with Star Wars already getting a teaser formatted reveal, it now seems within possibility that we could get the same thing for Harry Potter at Lego Con. Fingers crossed. 

Hallo together,

I' am going to London in the beginning of June.

I also want to go to a Lego store there.

Which one is the biggest store?

Are there also some other shops where i can find Lego HP ?

If someone can give me other tipps per private message i would be very happy.

Thanks

Just posted on instagram a picture of all the hogsmeade village and SS side to side, not the greatest quality, but i think its good enough for folks who are curious

will try to upload it here too

Edited by PotDoc

I have been out of the loop for a bit for real world reasons. Are there strong reasons to believe that the D2C set is based on the Hogwarts Express? 

2 hours ago, PotDoc said:

Just posted on instagram a picture of all the hogsmeade village and SS side to side, not the greatest quality, but i think its good enough for folks who are curious

will try to upload it here too

What’s your @ on IG so I can check it out? :)

1 hour ago, Hot4Voldemort said:

I have been out of the loop for a bit for real world reasons. Are there strong reasons to believe that the D2C set is based on the Hogwarts Express? 

Yes. We don't know which scale or if motorised or which if any stations are included, just that it's an Express. 

6 hours ago, Hot4Voldemort said:

Most likely, but anything could happen at this point. Stonewars.de have not confirmed but feel confident that it will be a set by the name of "Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition". Normally Stonewars won't touch a rumor unless they feel it's strong, so I'm thinking it will indeed be the Hogwarts Express, but at this point it really could still be anything. Fingers crossed we'll get some more info one way or another at LEGO Con but I'm not optimistic.

13 hours ago, domen151 said:

What’s your @ on IG so I can check it out? :)

@legodocfan

tried to upload it here, but its not allowing for some reason

I also initially wanted to post a comparison pic between Hogsmeade and the Shrieking Shack, but I’ve only received one of the sets so far, that being the Thestral one :cry3:

I got ahold of a copy of the Lego Harry Potter Magical Treasury book the other day and saw a surprising quote from designer Mark Stafford about the 2019-2021 Hogwarts line. 

"Early on, I came up with the idea to make a modular version of Hogwarts. The "Sketch model" I built was very big! It featured the Great Hall and the Clock Tower entrance as the two largest modules, as well as classrooms, the Gryffindor common room, kitchens, bridge and walls. The idea was almost dropped later in development, until Rahael realized the Hogwarts build in his Whomping Willow set would fit really nicely on the side of my Great Hall set. With minor changes to both of our models, the modular idea was resurrected! I put a connection point on the other side of the Hall too, so when Woon Tze was later asked to develop my Clock Tower entrance into a set, we could connect it in a similar way to the original modular sketch models."

This explains why of all the castle sections they could have chosen for the first  Modular Hogwarts section to go with the Great Hall they went with a less-iconic back section, since at that stage the modularity was added back as an after-thought. I suspect even with the 2020-present modular line I wouldn't be surprised if they are still making it up, year by year, (or even set-by-set) without an intentioned shape for how the Castle all goes together.

Here's another Mark Stafford quote I found on Bricklink:

"I kind of got carried away with a minifigure scale modular version of Hogwarts, I built 7 or 8 different sized sketch models that all joined together to make a massive version of the school. The Tower and Hall were two separate ideas at that time. Then when it was decided the Great Hall should be the largest set of the line I was asked to combine it with the tower."

I really wish I could see Mark's of original design, especially the sections we haven't gotten as sets yet like the bridges and walls and the kitchen. The extra-large Grand Staircase Tower would have been amazing to see too. His version of Hogwarts sounds like the ultimate Lego Harry Potter dream.

Edited by Ferder

I think I will wait for a sale on the shrieking shack. I’m not too happy of the fact that it’s more expensive than hogsmeade but is smaller overall

MAJOR APOLOGY IN ADVANCE!!! What time are the sets available online on June 19th? Midnight ET? Also are the Dumbledore/Hogwarts poly bags GWP or can you buy them? 

23 minutes ago, broadwaybocaj said:

MAJOR APOLOGY IN ADVANCE!!! What time are the sets available online on June 19th? Midnight ET? Also are the Dumbledore/Hogwarts poly bags GWP or can you buy them? 

They should be available @ midnight in the US.  As for the polybag I would expect it to be a GWP at some point when buying direct from Lego, possibly only with instore purchases as has been the case in the past.  The polybag should show up at other retailers such as Target, Walmart, etc. for purchase at some point but there's no telling who will sell them or when.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

They should be available @ midnight in the US.  As for the polybag I would expect it to be a GWP at some point when buying direct from Lego, possibly only with instore purchases as has been the case in the past.  The polybag should show up at other retailers such as Target, Walmart, etc. for purchase at some point but there's no telling who will sell them or when.

THANK YOU!

For Australians, it seems the Shrieking Shack set is quite likely to be found already in Kmart. I saw reports of people finding it in Melbourne and have now found it myself in Sydney, but only that one set.

There were also LOADS of the Flying Lesson set and the Moments sets in the store I checked. Not sure what's up with that. Late arriving shipment of the Flying Lesson perhaps.

Part 79194, the small hand clip with hollow stud is available in gold on bricks & pieces, I have only seen it in clear or black before, it will be ideal to build the ring Horcrux along with a black 1x1 pyramid for the stone 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:00 PM, Clone OPatra said:

For Australians, it seems the Shrieking Shack set is quite likely to be found already in Kmart. I saw reports of people finding it in Melbourne and have now found it myself in Sydney, but only that one set.

There were also LOADS of the Flying Lesson set and the Moments sets in the store I checked. Not sure what's up with that. Late arriving shipment of the Flying Lesson perhaps.

Kmart only seems to have the Shrieking Shack so far, I got it last week and have seen it in another kmart as well, not listed online though.

Nothing in Target or BigW yet and nothing on their websites in the coming soon sections either. 

The official Lego shops in Melbourne (I went to Doncaster) have everything except Dumbledores office and the Horntail set. They had Grimmuld place releasing next week on their website but they have them in today.

And on the official lego site they had a bunch of sets listed for 1st August but that just seems to be a random date as some of those sets are available now.

I'm sure its stock related so the missing sets might turn up this month.