Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, domen151 said:

Does anyone know what kind of release will be there for the 12 Grimmauld Place set?

I remember reading on Promobricks that it's going to be 'semi-exclusive', but I am not sure what this means. I do see that some German retailers (those from which you can pre-order June sets) have listed all but this one from this wave. If hope that it's not going to be like it is with the Burrow and Diagon Alley, because those 2 are literally harder to find than any other D2C set (aside from Lego directly)  :wacko:

It’s likely a retailer exclusive - as in only one retailer other than lego will carry it. Here in the US that’s usually Barnes & Noble or Target, I have no idea which retailers lego partners with in Germany though. 

After watching Holly's reviews of Grimmauld Place and the Ministry, the two sets I planned to buy, I've got to say I like the Ministry a bit more and Grimmauld Place a bit less. Perhaps by nature of the real buildings, Grimmauld Place looks fairly bland from the outside and the interior, while packed with references and as much detail as they could, still feels pretty cramped. That's partially due to the play feature, which is fantastic, but many of the "rooms" are barely rooms.

The same could be said about the Ministry, but that set actually feels like it has more detail packed into the small offices and the exterior looks more detailed and lavish, plus it looks bigger overall because of the negative space in between the two towers. The little desk at the very top is also random but cool.

I'll still be buying both of those sets for sure, and I'm so glad LEGO has done them. Just sharing my observations.

I was checking release dates for the new Harry Potter sets on the lego site.

UK has them all for 1st June, lovely.

US has them down for June 19th release. Not too bad, I know ye have been screwed over with some of the release dates sometimes but a few weeks isn't the end of the world.

Australia.....Shack 1st june....Grimmauld place 23rd june....ok ...everything else 1st august.....Nooooooooo We never usually get the rubbish release schedule over here. 

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

US has them down for June 19th release. Not too bad, I know ye have been screwed over with some of the release dates sometimes but a few weeks isn't the end of the world.

Australia.....Shack 1st june....Grimmauld place 23rd june....ok ...everything else 1st august.....Nooooooooo We never usually get the rubbish release schedule over here. 

Oh darn. That's annoying. I thought they were originally all August for the US though?

What makes the Australian date even worse is that you never know how long after that the regular retail stores will get the sets. Sometimes the same day, sometimes that week, sometimes weeks later. What I've learned in five years living in Aus is to never expect a release date. 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Oh darn. That's annoying. I thought they were originally all August for the US though?

What makes the Australian date even worse is that you never know how long after that the regular retail stores will get the sets. Sometimes the same day, sometimes that week, sometimes weeks later. What I've learned in five years living in Aus is to never expect a release date. 

The US dates are what they have on their site. My only hope is that like the last batch of sets the official lego shops in Melbourne were getting stock in when the website didn't even have them for sale. It's odd that they put the shack and the dragon up for presale but now the dragon is an august release. 

On 5/14/2022 at 5:08 PM, domen151 said:

Does anyone know what kind of release will be there for the 12 Grimmauld Place set?

I remember reading on Promobricks that it's going to be 'semi-exclusive', but I am not sure what this means. I do see that some German retailers (those from which you can pre-order June sets) have listed all but this one from this wave. If hope that it's not going to be like it is with the Burrow and Diagon Alley, because those 2 are literally harder to find than any other D2C set (aside from Lego directly)  :wacko:

I don't think you should expect to find the Grimmauld Place anywhere else but on official Lego channels or in some exclusive and restricted stores (which sometimes sell for more than the basic price).
At least for me who is looking in both France and Germany, I haven't found it listed anywhere yet.

Personally, I'll take it directly from the Lego shop with my benefits.

1 hour ago, Chinchulate said:

At least for me who is looking in both France and Germany, I haven't found it listed anywhere yet.

It’ll be available at Smyths Toys :classic: They’re the only retailer to carry all of the HP sets

On 5/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Yeah no Standard Pick A Brick in the UK at the moment and the Build A Minifig reminds me on some 2000s Lego Creator PC game. I was surprised so see both that Ravenclaw Moment torso on both the old Bricks and Pieces and then the Standard PAB before it went down in the UK. I do know that the 8x16 printed tile with the Hogwarts crest on (the top part of the letter) from the Hogwarts Icons set was on B&P, but disappeared when it switched to PAB. I was always surprised that and the Ravenclaw torso made it on to B&P though considering licencing so I'm not sure either will be back.

I was surprised to see the Ravenclaw torso, too. (And the Hogwarts seal! Unfortunately they froze everything before I could get my order together. Unfortunate timing on my part.) Good point about the change over to PAB. 😕 I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see. Thanks for checking. ❤️

On 5/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, (Insert Name Here) said:

The two Lego shops in Birmingham UK both have Pick a Brick walls and Build a minifigure stands.

I don't go in for pick a brick so can't comment on what's there, although I saw a good selection of Brick Yellow pieces perfect for Hogwarts buildings.

The build a minifig section is decent, I even found a wingspread owl in brick yellow (idk if it was supposed to be there), but I've also got a cool wizard hat/hair piece that's exclusive to build a Minifig.

There's also more selection in one of the Birmingham shops as we have a Minifigure Factory section to design a torso print, so there's more hair/hat, head, legs and accessory pieces in a separate stall to build a Minifig.

I want the owl and that hat/hair piece. I'm trying to expand my wizarding world, and it's usually far too obvious where the pieces came from. Anything new is quite welcome at this point.

Very jealous of your Minifig Factory. We haven't got one in our Lego store yet. Not sure we ever will, of course, but one does like to dream. Do they do the design your own printed tiles as well? 

@BrickBob Studpants Mueller drugery tends to have some of the exclusives, too, but their prices are seldom lower than S@H. @Chinchulate if you're checking German shops as well, I can recommend brickmerge.de for price tracking. We're up to 20% discount now at some stores when preordering most of the summer sets (except for Grimmauld), June 1st expected shipping date. But Shrieking Shack, the Ministry, Dumbledore's Office, Horntail, Sirius' Rescue, and the Thestral set are all there. (I'll note the expected shipping date was delayed by about two months last year, though. Can't guarantee they wouldn't do that to the discounters again this year, and it was very disappointing at the time.)

11 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I want the owl and that hat/hair piece. I'm trying to expand my wizarding world, and it's usually far too obvious where the pieces came from. Anything new is quite welcome at this point.

Very jealous of your Minifig Factory. We haven't got one in our Lego store yet. Not sure we ever will, of course, but one does like to dream. Do they do the design your own printed tiles as well?

More recently I found the same hair hat piece (it's the one for the photographer in the Diagon Alley set) again, but this time its blue and grey and there's a matching wizard torso and dress print.

So for the minifigure factory, you pick hair, head, legs and accessory like your standard build a Minifig. Then you get to print text on a 1x3 white brick, that has Lego Shop [location] (so for me Birmingham) and then design the white torso.

The screen you design on has a lot of options: text, freestyle drawing, standard torso prints and decorations ranging from flowers and basketballs to skull and crossbones.

The Birmingham shop has its own exclusive I <3 Birmingham and a Lego model of the bull statue decorations too. Love the little regional touches like that.

HP is mentioned among the themes with new set reveals at LEGO Con. I doubt they‘re referring to the June sets, so could this be the Hogwarts Express? Seems a bit early :wacko:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

HP is mentioned among the themes with new set reveals at LEGO Con. I doubt they‘re referring to the June sets, so could this be the Hogwarts Express? Seems a bit early :wacko:

Probably the advent calendar

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Whilst I would love to see either the Hogwarts Express or advent calendar I can't believe they are bringing that mess back. They call it 'incredible inaugural LEGO CON', I'd call it something very different, but there we go. :head_back:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Based on the snooze feet that was Lego Con 2021 I fully expect a reveal of the sets actually being released the next day.  I'll probably end up watching it eventually at a later time because I already have several more important things scheduled that day as I will be on vacation.  One of them being a visit to the Disney Springs Lego Store.

While I’m just a skeptical about this year’s Lego Con as anyone else - I feel compelled to point out that Harry Potter isn’t one of the themes that Lego is promoting new set reveals for. Unlike last year, where we were left guessing on which themes mentioned in the trailer were getting official set reveals, this year there’s a specific list and Harry Potter isn’t on it. 

There’s definitely still going to be Harry Potter content (the info page promises footage from the Studio Tour), but Lego isn’t trying to dress up any of the Harry Potter stuff as a reveal - it’s just going to be hyping the summer sets. Which makes sense, since they’re set to release the very next day in the US (clearly Lego is trying a new marketing strategy). 

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I feel compelled to point out that Harry Potter isn’t one of the themes that Lego is promoting new set reveals for.

This was posted by @AD_Bricks over in the Star Wars thread though: 

image.png

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This was posted by @AD_Bricks over in the Star Wars thread though: 

image.png

And THIS is a quote from the actual lego website:

“More official set reveals than last year!

Expect official reveals from some of your favorite franchises.

From LEGO® Super Mario ™, LEGO Star Wars™, LEGO DOTS, LEGO Marvel, LEGO Minecraft® AND brand-new Minifigures (to name a few), there are more official reveals than ever at LEGO CON 2022.”

No specific mention of Harry Potter. The ‘to name a few’ bit leaves things open ended, but that’s likely just to leave them wiggle room (and probably more related to the ‘new colab’ they’re hyping to reveal). They aren’t promising any Harry Potter reveals, so we shouldn’t be surprised if all we see is stuff promoting the summer sets like last year. 

EDIT: alright, after poking around a bit more I found the other pictured quote mentioning Harry Potter in a Q&A drop down at the very bottom of the same page I got the longer quote from. I still think we need to be skeptical about it though, since the only reason I can think for a theme that big to be mentioned in a Q&A drop down and not the main page is ‘typo’ or ‘whoever wrote the drop down info thinks bringing in Chris Rankin and showing him the yet to be released Percy minifig counts as a reveal, and the person writing the text on the main page knows if doesn’t’

Edited by Accio Lego

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The blurb I posted above is also from the official site, right in the FAQ section:

https://www.lego.com/en-ch/lego-con?icmp=LP-SHQL-Standard-LP_Lego_con_QL_Standard_FAQ-TH-NO-BR6UQ3BDS6#blt1905365d16c1860d

Yes, I found that myself after poking around a bit. But as I said in the edit to my post, there’s literally no reason for the info that a theme as big as Harry Potter getting reveals to be hidden away while Star Wars and Minecraft are mentioned with the other themes on the main page except a typo or some other misunderstanding. 

Do any of the reviews of the Shrieking Shack show it next to Hogsmeade Village Visit? A bit of an odd question, but I'm sort of curious how it fits in with those two, as they were fairly clearly designed to go together. 

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Do any of the reviews of the Shrieking Shack show it next to Hogsmeade Village Visit? A bit of an odd question, but I'm sort of curious how it fits in with those two, as they were fairly clearly designed to go together. 

I haven't seen any yet, but it looks like the exact same scale. Hopefully someone does such a thing soon. The problem for display is of course that it's totally dilapidated, if you were to put them all together.

With any luck, I should receive at least some of the sets on Monday :excited: Minus Grimmauld Place of course, that one I have to order on s@h

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

If nobody beats me to it, I will provide pictures once I get the sets next week :thumbup:

Hi there - sorry for a (potentially) stupid question - but I was wondering if anyone knew where the polybag is going to be stocked? I have never seen previous polybags in my local shops or the online stores I use (John Lewis, Lego website, Zavvi, Argos, etc)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Due to ballooning collection I mostly abstained from getting new sets in the last two years and am planning to Bricklink a few of the new characters I missed.

I am finding it harder to resist this year's offerings, and I think I will cave in to getting at least the Ministry of Magic. It's pretty crazy that, if you count the three ministry characters that the trio transform into as new characters, this set will have six exclusive and completely brand new characters! This will be great to add more characters wandering my Diagon Alley.

When was the last time a Harry Potter set included six new characters? As far as I can tell it is never, unless you count 4709 Hogwarts Castle releasing at the same time as many other sets with the same figures.

What other sets since 2001 has introduced the most new characters? I think these are some of the top choices:

• 4840 The Burrow (2010) - Bellatrix, Fenrir Greyback, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley
  • 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall (2018) - This introduced Nearly Headless Nick and Susan Bones. Also, in terms of the 2018 reboot, Hagrid, Quirrell, and McGonagall were exclusive for the year.
  • 71043 Hogwarts Castle (2018) - The four founders
  • CMF Series 1 (2018) - Graves, Credence, Cedric, Cho, and Dean
  • 75978 Diagon Alley (2020) - Florean Fortescue, Daily Prophet photographer. Also introduced Lucius Malfoy and Lockhart for the first time since 2018.
  • CMF Series 2 (2020) - Kingsley, Lily, James, Myrtle, and Griphook if you don't count the earlier generic goblins.
  • 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets (2021) - Colin Creevey, Sinistra, Justin Finch-Fletchley
  • 76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit (2021) - Mr, Flume, Mrs. Flume, Madame Rosmerta

It's kind of hard to parse because there are certainly novel minifigures of existing characters, and you may want to count since 2001, since flesh tones, or since 2018, and you may or may not want to count CMFs. I was mostly not counting figures that appeared twice within the same year.

But to me it seems like no other sets can be considered to have ever introduced even 5 new characters without some caveats. Only a few have introduced 3 to 5 new characters at all. I think this Ministry of Magic set is setting a record 20 years in the making!

On 5/23/2022 at 1:59 PM, Lego Harry said:

Hi there - sorry for a (potentially) stupid question - but I was wondering if anyone knew where the polybag is going to be stocked? I have never seen previous polybags in my local shops or the online stores I use (John Lewis, Lego website, Zavvi, Argos, etc)

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have seen polybags for sale in Waterstones (U.K.) 

12 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I have seen polybags for sale in Waterstones (U.K.) 

Thanks - very helpful, there is one in my town.