Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

^ Haven't you watched the films? Obviously there are only 1.5 houses at Hogwarts. Mostly just Gryffindor and maybe a little Slytherin. No one else matters...

58 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

^ Haven't you watched the films? Obviously there are only 1.5 houses at Hogwarts. Mostly just Gryffindor and maybe a little Slytherin. No one else matters...

No… Luna Lovegood’s in that house with the blue crest with the bird on it (what kind of bird is it supposed to be? Meh, doesn’t matter) So that means there must be at least 3 houses…

13 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

No… Luna Lovegood’s in that house with the blue crest with the bird on it (what kind of bird is it supposed to be? Meh, doesn’t matter) So that means there must be at least 3 houses…

That was sarcasm :tongue:

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was sarcasm :tongue:

Extreme sarcasm ;) But, unusual choice of brickheadz lineup aside, we’ve actually gotten pretty decent representation for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff in recent years, both from lego and other merchandise producers. I imagine the choice to put Moody and Trelawney in the Hogwarts Professors set has more to do with the designers wanting to offer a fun variety of builds as opposed to not caring about Flitwick or Sprout. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I imagine the choice to put Moody and Trelawney in the Hogwarts Professors set has more to do with the designers wanting to offer a fun variety of builds as opposed to not caring about Flitwick or Sprout. 

I was thinking perhaps to mirror the Moment sets, but it was still an odd choice. That said, I did like BH Trelawney's head scarf. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Extreme sarcasm ;) But, unusual choice of brickheadz lineup aside, we’ve actually gotten pretty decent representation for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff in recent years, both from lego and other merchandise producers. I imagine the choice to put Moody and Trelawney in the Hogwarts Professors set has more to do with the designers wanting to offer a fun variety of builds as opposed to not caring about Flitwick or Sprout. 

And/or to be able to include them in another collection, with other, less-well known teachers/staff? Gives LEGO more sets to produce and fans more opportunities to get a broad range of characters.

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

And/or to be able to include them in another collection, with other, less-well known teachers/staff? Gives LEGO more sets to produce and fans more opportunities to get a broad range of characters.

Yeah, I could definitely see Lego doing another set like this with Flitwick, Sprout, Umbridge/Lockhart, and Slughorn 

Have the sets already gone up for preorder in Europe? Do we know what the preorder date in the US is? I thought it might be today, but I can’t see LEGO doing something like that for Harry Potter on May the Fourth when it’s all Star Wars all day.

@sebastian666 Germany checking in. I can preorder them from a couple of shops here at a 15% discount. They're not available at our S@H yet. 

Edited by krimimimi

Wasn't expecting those Brickheadz.

Yeah it's fairly surprising that they didn't go with Flitwick and Sprout to have the four heads of house.

However I kind of understand it, as I think Trewlawney has more screen time than Sprout. And with Flitwick having 2 designs, maybe they didn't want to go with him, also his second design is a simple black and white suit.

Promobricks has a countdown with two lightning bolts? D2C reveal?

54 minutes ago, Jriet said:

Promobricks has a countdown with two lightning bolts? D2C reveal?

I think it’s about Star Wars and that Cody character. Type “the time has come” in Yt and you see the movie scene.

Not sure if you have discussed this already, but there are new videos of 12 Grimmauld Place on Lego's website (at least I think they are somewhat new as I didn't see them there when the sets were revealed). Anyway, you can see the interiors better in the 360 video and there seems to be a large sticker on the wall behind the umbrella stand depicting a portrait covered by a curtain! I'm excited as I thought (from the initial pics) that Walburga Black's portrait was absent. However, it would be nice to have an unveiled version as well...

Edit: there's also a new(?) lifestyle picture that shows the veiled portrait as well.

Edited by thenudeorganist

On 5/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, sebastian666 said:

Have the sets already gone up for preorder in Europe? Do we know what the preorder date in the US is? I thought it might be today, but I can’t see LEGO doing something like that for Harry Potter on May the Fourth when it’s all Star Wars all day.

Shrieking Shack and Hungarian Horntail are up for preorder on the US Shop@Home

Interesting, they aren't showing up in our S@H yet. But they do seem to have recently added some of the Ameet books including the very cool 3D background thing (no idea what they're calling it in English, even with the settings on "en", it reverts to German on that one). https://www.lego.com/en-de/product/ratselbox-fur-zauberschuler-5007355 ("Riddle box for students of magic" lacks a certain... je ne sais quoi. :tongue:) I can't seem to find that on the US site unless they're sticking them in some other category.

The choice of the booklets is interesting, too, because it makes Cedric in his Quidditch uniform robes and Sirius Black available for comparatively low prices. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Interesting, they aren't showing up in our S@H yet. But they do seem to have recently added some of the Ameet books including the very cool 3D background thing (no idea what they're calling it in English, even with the settings on "en", it reverts to German on that one). https://www.lego.com/en-de/product/ratselbox-fur-zauberschuler-5007355 ("Riddle box for students of magic" lacks a certain... je ne sais quoi. :tongue:) I can't seem to find that on the US site unless they're sticking them in some other category.

The choice of the booklets is interesting, too, because it makes Cedric in his Quidditch uniform robes and Sirius Black available for comparatively low prices. 

I only see the DK books on the Dutch S@H, no Ameet unfortunately. :(

Also I find it amusing that one of the things we suggested on here, Hogwarts Express, could be the D2C might actually be the D2C. As a completionist* I will eventually get it, but I hope it's minifig scale, motorised, has tracks, and at least one station if not two.

Regarding the latest FB movie, my sister and I both enjoyed it and I'm pretty certain the others there in the cinema enjoyed it too. I'm kinda tired of people bashing it as if it's the worst thing ever made. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though.

*Only the sets since 2018.

Edited by Salix

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I believe its called "pop-up".

5 hours ago, Salix said:

Also I find it amusing that one of the things we suggested on here, Hogwarts Express, could be the D2C might actually be the D2C. As a completionist* I will eventually get it, but I hope it's minifig scale, motorised, has tracks, and at least one station if not two.

I think it's interesting how there's a heavy focus on trains and trains racks in the new lego city sets. Like there are 2 train sets, each with a controller thingy rather than having to use an app on your phone (hopefully that will be the case with the Hogwarts Express as well). And they have a separate train station set as well. If that tells us anything it's that LEGO is going all in on trains this year

5 hours ago, Salix said:

I only see the DK books on the Dutch S@H, no Ameet unfortunately. :(

That's a shame, I'm still waiting for a Dutch version of the Quidditch Cedric book. I mean it doesn't really matter too much, I know English, but still, a Dutch one would be preferred.

20 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Looks like Dumbledore and Voldemort are being added to the keychain line

Which variants?

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Which variants?

The leaked images on Instagram look like the Dumbledore from last year’s Chamber of Secrets set and the black robed Voldemort from the graveyard set. Makes sense since those are the most recent (non-gold) versions of both characters. 

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I believe its called "pop-up". […]

Which variants?

Thank you, that's much better than "very cool 3D background thing". 😆

Dumbledore (the design is the same as hp303 from CoS, but the colours seem off?) and Voldemort (probably hp197 as Accio Lego said).

Edited by krimimimi

On 5/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

I think it's interesting how there's a heavy focus on trains and trains racks in the new lego city sets. Like there are 2 train sets, each with a controller thingy rather than having to use an app on your phone (hopefully that will be the case with the Hogwarts Express as well). And they have a separate train station set as well. If that tells us anything it's that LEGO is going all in on trains this year

I mean City trains have always had separate remote controls and since 2018 also have the option to use the app for trains with Powered Up. It was just the non-City trains without a remote control, e.g. Disney Train (& Station). Additionally, trains are on 4 year cycle, which usually includes one passenger train, one cargo train, and a train station. 2018 didn't have a station, but for the rest it checks out.

9 hours ago, Salix said:

I mean City trains have always had separate remote controls and since 2018 also have the option to use the app for trains with Powered Up. It was just the non-City trains without a remote control, e.g. Disney Train (& Station). Additionally, trains are on 4 year cycle, which usually includes one passenger train, one cargo train, and a train station. 2018 didn't have a station, but for the rest it checks out.

Ah I didn't know that. Never really payed too much attention to city. Although it's interesting that 2018 is also the year the previous Hogwarts Express came out. Maybe that one will be on a 4 year cycle as well if the theme stays around? Ofcourse previous one wasn't exactly motorised, but it's a nice coincidence nonetheless.

Someone posted a couple of pictures of Hungarian Horntail over on r/legoharrpotter on Reddit. They got it early.

Did Lego send the non-final version of the manual for printing? Because there is no way that front cover was supposed to look like that 😅

There is also a photo from the manual of the all Hogwart 2021-2022 modules combined. It doesn’t look that bad, now that there are some angles and its not just a big wall.

16 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Ah I didn't know that. Never really payed too much attention to city. Although it's interesting that 2018 is also the year the previous Hogwarts Express came out. Maybe that one will be on a 4 year cycle as well if the theme stays around? Ofcourse previous one wasn't exactly motorised, but it's a nice coincidence nonetheless.

Nice coincidence indeed. :)

3 hours ago, domen151 said:

Did Lego send the non-final version of the manual for printing? Because there is no way that front cover was supposed to look like that 

There is also a photo from the manual of the all Hogwart 2021-2022 modules combined. It doesn’t look that bad, now that there are some angles and its not just a big wall.

The manuals for Mando's N1 look like that too, and I think one other set. Maybe that's what LEGO is doing now. Weird because they already have artwork designed for the box fronts, but at the same time, who really cares what the cover of the instruction book looks like.

Hogwarts does look pretty nice in the proposed layout. I like that they have tried to put the Great Hall in the right place.