Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

It looks like the new Mandalorian Starfighter set just introduced a new skin tone between light nougat and nougat: I could definitely see LEGO using it in the future for Cho, so that she can still have a different skin tone while not being so blatantly inaccurate to Katie Leung's actual appearance.

(Also, interesting that this year we've gotten two different new skin tones, one in the Hogwarts Trunk and now one for the Mandalorian. I do have to wonder why this new light skin tone wasn't included in the Trunk as well.)

There's a nice photo comparison down in this review. I couldn't deeplink the image. It looks nice! I think it would be a good option for Cho.

There was a list of colors that showed up with color IDs and names earlier this year that included vibrant yellow and medium brown. I think it called this new color dark tan? Interesting.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

2 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

There's a nice photo comparison down in this review. I couldn't deeplink the image. 

Here you go:

LEGO-Star-Wars-75325-The-Mandalorians-N-

56 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Here you go:

LEGO-Star-Wars-75325-The-Mandalorians-N-

Definitely like the direction lego is going by adding these new skin tones. The real question is - will they retcon what color they use for Cho after making 4 inaccurate ones? I guess it’s a toss up on what’s more confusing - a character’s lego appearance being suddenly revamped or all the fans having a ‘wait, are they doing a book-accurate Padma?’ moment every time they see a Cho minifig. 

Yet another new spread-wing owl in the new City Missions set! And the Patronus Hare finally used as a living hare!

Awesome to see that new skin tone in between Light Nougat and Nougat. That was arguably a bigger jump that needed filling than between Medium Nougat and Brown.

Now give us hands in these colours please LEGO!

Were the sets available for pre-order on May 2? I can't recall if I read that somewhere or if it was made up in my head.

Edit: Nevermind! I see LEGO.com has updated that pre-orders will be available May 3.

Edited by joeee
Found my answer!

This year‘s polybag is a pretty neat idea! :thumbup: No Voldy though, so there‘s either an accessory pack or he really is included in the D2C set

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

new polybag leaked with all the new stuff - comes with 2021 chamber of secrets dumbledore with unprinted legs instead of the dress piece 

Edited by dyl-and

Cool polybag but not an essential for me.

Hard to keep track of all the new owls! The rabbit and hare are cool potential additions for a transfiguration classroom or Hogwarts grounds.

On an unrelated note, when the new boutique hotel came out I decided I would try swapping out the pink in QQS for light nougat and I’m delighted with the result. It’s a shame the colour didn’t exist when Diagon Alley was released. Link below for anyone interested.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdDa9mArUB_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yet another new spread-wing owl in the new City Missions set! And the Patronus Hare finally used as a living hare!

I love this little flurry of owl, HP originated or not. This new City one looks like the colour of Cho Chang's CMF owl with wings spread, so with the BAM owl I think we've got all owl colours with unspread wings now in spread wing form apart from the dark tan owl in the Chamber of Secrets and last year's polybag.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This year‘s polybag is a pretty neat idea! :thumbup: No Voldy though, so there‘s either an accessory pack or he really is included in the D2C set

It could be the Advent calendar or GWP as well. Personally, I’m hoping it’s an Accessory pack, rather expansion pack for the MoM. 

I love the polybag this year :)  Easy way to get Dumbledore, more wizard cards and I love the chocolate frogs. Plus, I imagine you could do a nice MOC with a few polybags. 

Does anyone know when polybags show up in stores like Target or WM? I still haven’t found the Spider-Man No Way Home or JW Dino nursery polybags. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Ooh I love the new polybag, it's great to get Dumbledore this easily. The build looks very nice, it looks like 3 polybags will make the entire castle.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I love this little flurry of owl, HP originated or not. This new City one looks like the colour of Cho Chang's CMF owl with wings spread, so with the BAM owl I think we've got all owl colours with unspread wings now in spread wing form apart from the dark tan owl in the Chamber of Secrets and last year's polybag.

What about the brown and dark grey ones, plus the sand blue spread-wing one in unspread wing form?

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

What about the brown and dark grey ones, plus the sand blue spread-wing one in unspread wing form?

True we need the brown one with spread wings. Wasn't counting the grey one as that's a decade old, just the newer ones. Yes going back the other way we haven't got the sand blue in unspread form, but the grey is then pretty close to that. They could really make an Eeylops Owl Emporium now. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

It could be the Advent calendar or GWP as well. Personally, I’m hoping it’s an Accessory pack, rather expansion pack for the MoM. 

I love the polybag this year :)  Easy way to get Dumbledore, more wizard cards and I love the chocolate frogs. Plus, I imagine you could do a nice MOC with a few polybags. 

Does anyone know when polybags show up in stores like Target or WM? I still haven’t found the Spider-Man No Way Home or JW Dino nursery polybags. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I found the Dino polybag in Target about a week ago.  They have it available on Target.com.  Still haven't found the Spider-Man one.

16 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

:sweet:

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I love this little flurry of owl, HP originated or not. This new City one looks like the colour of Cho Chang's CMF owl with wings spread

Excellent I knew it look familiar :thumbup:

Good to see that the owls are popping up elsewhere when they are missing in the HP set, but how much could it cost them to include a owl or two in a HP set when they are in production :hmpf:

3 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

more wizard cards and I love the chocolate frogs

I like that they included that in the polybag, hopefully we will get some new cards soon. The polybag is decent, something different from previous years and it do not include Harry so that is a plus :classic:

The new Build Your Own Hogwarts polybag looks great. So much variety in a polybag. But then, I really enjoy micro builds like this (love Creationary for the same reason).

30435: Build your own Hogwarts Castle | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

Plus chocolate frog and wizard card. Dumbledore minifig is OK, but shame that he has unprinted legs, rather than the full robe.

I don't really mind the unprinted legs, I like some variety, even if it's a downgrade, rather than getting the exact same Dumbledore again.

BTW, love the brickheadz, especially Moody, although as I don't really collect them it's still gonna be a skip.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I don't really mind the unprinted legs, I like some variety, even if it's a downgrade, rather than getting the exact same Dumbledore again.

BTW, love the brickheadz, especially Moody, although as I don't really collect them it's still gonna be a skip.

Yeah, gotta agree on the Brickheadz. The Hogwarts Professors are really good, and I’m glad that lego is doing a quality set for those who do collect them, they’re just not my thing. 

And honestly, even if the unprinted legs are a downgrade it’s just nice not to get yet another student we already have several of in the polybag. 

Brickheadz definitely turned out quite well! I’m happy with the professors they chose. While BH aren’t greatly my thing, I appreciate these a lot.  

I never learn my lesson: I always buy the latest HP releases day ONE rather than wait a few weeks for double points day.

Just pre-ordered the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow and I am excited!

2 hours ago, joeee said:

Just pre-ordered the Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow and I am excited!

The sets still aren’t available for pre-order in the US… Anyone know when they will be?

I can't believe they went for Trelawney and Moody instead of Sprout and Flitwick. It's like there are only one and a half Houses at Hogwarts. Moody would have made more sense in the eventual OotP or DADA instructors sets anyway.   

@Yope that was a massive improvement! What a difference that makes. Thanks for sharing it. (I'm still trying to decide how to fix the pink abomination.)