Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Ah, in stills and promotional images even when she's with other characters it doesn't look that way, but I haven't watched the show so I'll take your word for it.

It's definitely tricky and I'm keen to see when and for whom LEGO uses the "new medium brown" skin tone found in the Magical Trunk set.

It’s definitely nice that lego is expanding their skin tone range - although there’s still a noticeable gap between light and medium nougat that could really do with being filled in. 

But I guess skin tones is hardly the only place lego plays loose with colors - I’m pretty sure werewolf Lupin is supposed to be a shade of grey. 

Eh, it's lego, it's representational. I'm not light nougat coloured, my hair isn't  dark- or earth- or just plain orange, my eyes aren't black, and I'm definitely proportioned differently (thank goodness :laugh:), but I know when a fig comes close enough that my approximate geno-/phenotype is meant. (Oh look, it's mini-mi(mi)! :wub:) And while representation definitely matters (enough for an emoji with hearts even), I'm not sure they'd be doing themselves or us any favours if you end up needing a pantone swatch to colour-match. As it is, I have difficulty determining the colours of some of the heads in the trunk set if some of the others aren't there to make the distinctions clearer. When you consider the memory colour effect, where (neurotypical) brains fill in the assumed or typical colours, it's safe to say we don't even accurately see colour, never mind remembering it. 

While I truly appreciate the quality of the 2018+ minifigs in this theme, in some ways I can't help thinking something gets lost with the shift from the traditional yellow heads. I'm definitely losing my minifig "colour-blindness".

Just watched Brick Clicker's new vid...I am thinking with an official name of 'Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition' we are no longer talking minifigure scale and something much more impressive and 'display-worthy' like the Titanic model.  Like how we went from a fairly basic version of Hedwig to an excellent larger scale piece in the icons set.  Maybe it will actually be in crimson like the real train and not bright red like we have had before???

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:

Just watched Brick Clicker's new vid...I am thinking with an official name of 'Hogwarts Express Collector's Edition' we are no longer talking minifigure scale and something much more impressive and 'display-worthy' like the Titanic model.  Like how we went from a fairly basic version of Hedwig to an excellent larger scale piece in the icons set.  Maybe it will actually be in crimson like the real train and not bright red like we have had before???

If it were anything other than the train I’d agree with you, but I feel like ‘Collectors Edition’ could easily still mean motorization and tracks in this case - since those have notably been absent in most lego versions of the Hogwarts Express. 

1 hour ago, chrisincanada said:

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

If it were anything other than the train I’d agree with you, but I feel like ‘Collectors Edition’ could easily still mean motorization and tracks in this case - since those have notably been absent in most lego versions of the Hogwarts Express. 

I would go with either option.  I'm a massive train enthusiast myself; so if they give us a gigantic model in a great new red color I'd be over the moon. And if it's the other way around with tracks and motor; I would be really happy as well. Just in the last case I hope that the track and motor won't take too much away from either details on the whole set, or a number of cars that will leave you wanting for more again (Anyone remember the Emerald Night ?)...

:classic: 

I'd most likely pass on a giant train model.  Hedwig with the books & potions was a nice looking display piece. But an oversized train isn't something I'd be likely to display.  On the other hand a minifig scaled, motorized train with track and at least one station I would find much more useful and therefor be much more likely to buy.

My wallet will be very happy if it does end up being a big oversized display piece.

Edited by karrit

21 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

Yes, but I honestly think minigifure scale version would need to be large enough to accomodate the figures that it would be impressive and display worthy anyway. I'll likely buy it either way.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:10 AM, Textorix said:

Majority of them yes, that is why I replaced them. The only one that doesn’t exist in dark bluish grey is cone 2x2x3 jagged - step drill piece which I replaced by just regular cone.

Hi ser,

I don't know how to express myself, I'm sorry, English is not my mother tongue, it's not easy.
I'm a huge fan of your 3D versions, but I'm looking for a 3D version on which there would be ONLY the official sets, without any addition of MOC or several times the same set.
Basically I would like to have a complete 3D view with all the sets released to date (up to the infirmary), but nothing more, to see what it can give.
Because for those who don't have an MOC, or an extra part, it's difficult to visualize the whole thing, and you, your 3DS views are superb (we know where to put each set).

40 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There‘s a new tan owl with spread wings as a BAM accessory :classic: Hope it shows up in a future HP set too :thumbup:

Oooh interesting. Do you have a pic at all? :)

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There‘s a new tan owl with spread wings as a BAM accessory :classic: Hope it shows up in a future HP set too :thumbup:

If I had a nickel for every time LEGO released a new tan owl to entice HP fans to waste $10 on a non-HP set, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

In all seriousness, I think there's a good chance of it showing up in the Hogwarts Express if that set ends up being minifigure-scale.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Oooh interesting. Do you have a pic at all? :)

This isn‘t a leak, so sharing the link is hopefully okay :laugh_hard: 

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This isn‘t a leak, so sharing the link is hopefully okay :laugh_hard:

Thank you :) I love it. Probably my favourite owl so far.

Found it on Brickink. One shops has it in the Netherlands.755484.jpg

It's been filed as an alternate colour to the new sand blue owl from this year.

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In all seriousness, I think there's a good chance of it showing up in the Hogwarts Express if that set ends up being minifigure-scale.

It’s worth noting though that BAM towers do get a decent amount of exclusive recolors and prints, so this could easily be one of those as well. 

As far as I know, no BAM-exclusive animal recolours have shown up in sets thus far. The vast majority of BAM-exclusive parts and prints haven't.

There's really no reason to expect this fan owl to show up in a set.

Excellent to get a new owl somewhere else when they are so lacking in the HP summer wave this year, however would have preferred it to have similar print to the sitting tan owl so we can pair them up. The way things are going now we will end up with some species sitting and some other ones flying :shrug_oh_well:

Looks like Promobricks just confirmed on Insta that McGonagall is part of the Teachers Brickheadz pack.

Not that there was much doubt, but this could mean that a reveal is forthcoming.

28 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Looks like Promobricks just confirmed on Insta that McGonagall is part of the Teachers Brickheadz pack.

Makes sense :thumbup: Excited to see the set!

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Not that there was much doubt, but this could mean that a reveal is forthcoming.

The photo on their Insta shows McGonagall, Snape, Moody and Trelawney so is that not a hint at all of them or have them specifically mentioned McGonagall somewhere else? :classic: I'm sure they will look cool, but I'm out when it comes to Brickheadz so not too excited.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Moody and Trelawney?! *oh2* Really looking forward to it now!!

They put up a picture which is a collage of four photos, one of each of Mcgonagall, Snape, Moody and Trelawney. So I'm guessing that's the lineup? 🤔

EDIT: McGonagall has leaked.

45 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

EDIT: McGonagall has leaked.

Looks pretty good. The new 1x4 print looks great, as does the hat (which includes the feathers, the lack of which are my only issue with her current minifigure), though undoubtedly the coolest part is what seems to be the One Ring in a standard pearl gold for the first time.

6 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

though undoubtedly the coolest part is what seems to be the One Ring in a standard pearl gold for the first time.

I wouldn't be sure from a rendered image. They've tricked us before, including one on B&P that looked pearl gold, but it still has only ever come in chrome gold.

I really wish they would make the mould for a non chrome version, which would open it up to many recolours. Maybe it is happening or will happen.