Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Lmao, we'll never get Gringotts.

Tbh I don't mind the Hogwarts Express. I do like it, and I think it's gonna be an amazing set with a lot of minifigures.

I do hope we get adult Harry and his whole family. Seems like the only set that we could get them in.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I do hope we get adult Harry and his whole family. Seems like the only set that we could get them in.

They literally only appear in one scene, right? If a big D2C doesn't have them, we're never going to get them.

Incidentally that would make this a set I'm happy to skip. I never liked the epilogue anyway, and I have 95% of the original Hogwarts Express from a joblot so another train is not in my priorities! That frees up some budget for other sets.

Is Fulcrum the only source on this? Not believing it until a reliable leaker confirms it :tongue: After his No Way Home, Mario CMF, and Rex & Cody accessory pack bullsh*t he first has to earn back my trust

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I wasn't a big fan of the 2018 Hogwarts Express, but it was quite fun in hand. I remember being told it wouldn't be Hogwarts Express by many on here, I half hope this rumour is true, but would prefer more of DA and Gringotts. 

Still, for the large price quoted I'd expect the engine and two coaches (three would be great of course) one of which would be the brake coach. And for the station I think Hogsmeade would be better than Kings Cross, but that could just be personal preference. 

Like everyone else, I am really hoping the D2C is Gringotts. However, if it is the train, then I’ll skip it and save the money. 

Unless it includes a faithful representation Hogsmeade station - or Goathland. Then it’s a must buy for me!

I think this is an odd choice honestly, and that's coming from someone who grew up LOVING trains. The Hogwarts Express is iconic obviously but I find it kind of surprising that a mere train+station will be a bigger/more expensive set than something like Diagon Alley or even the microscale Hogwarts. Granted, I had no other ideas what other sets could fill this price. Another Icons set wouldn't work and I was also doubtful of this being another Hogwarts set, microscale or minifigure-scale. I guess maybe a giant Quidditch Match could have worked. I see a lot of people disappointed that this isn't Gringotts, but do we really want that to be such a gigantic and expensive set? (Especially since it would go with another giant, expensive set: Diagon Alley.) As someone who is a very casual Harry Potter fan and Lego collector, I definitely couldn't justify that. That set would definitely work better for a $150-200 slot and I can definitely see us getting that next year since there's not much else Lego can do at that price point now besides more Hogwarts expansions. 

This seems like it could be a really cool set, but again, I'm a casual Harry Potter fan and already have Diagon Alley on my long-term wishlist so I likely won't get this one. The 2018 Hogwarts Express is surprisingly still around and that'll do just as good of a job for me as a new, giant version would. (I've also never had a Lego train, so it'll also fill that void in my collection.) I'm sure this new set will come with cooler figures though, probably a bunch of exclusive ones too. I'm also definitely predicting some epilogue figures. This is probably Lego's one chance to do them, unless we get another CMF series eventually which I find doubtful at this point. 

Edited by The Stud

Plot twist: it's the Express from Chamber of Secrets; the only minifigures are Harry and Ron, and most of the parts are devoted to building the viaduct, the Ford Anglia and the Whomping Willow! :pir-laugh:

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Is Fulcrum the only source on this? Not believing it until a reliable leaker confirms it :tongue: After his No Way Home, Mario CMF, and Rex & Cody accessory pack bullsh*t he first has to earn back my trust

I don't really trust Fulcrum much anymore either, but since FalconFan is backing it, I feel safe about this rumor and the recent Blue Milk Luke one. Grain of salt though.

Edited by The Stud

Super chuffed with this wave.

12 Grimmauld Place, Shrieking Shack and Ministry of Magic are all on the wishlist. Minor nitpicks for all but they look brill. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

Not too fussed about the sets for Dumbledore's Office and Courtyard Rescue (I am bored bored bored of the Hogwarts sets) but will be 100% picking up the unique minifigs and sticker sheets/printed parts etc if the sets don't come down in price. 

Will skip Hungarian Horntail but pick up Harry and the broom on BrickLink.

Carriage is cute, definite buy when it inevitably goes to half price.

The minifigures are fab, no matter what LEGO do with the sets themselves, they clearly have a wide knowledge of characters and passion for the theme. I think at this point it's safe to say any character, no matter how minor, stands at least a chance/has been considered by the team at some point. (I.e. I imagine they have plans for characters like Bill Weasley and Rita Skeeter and are just biding their time). Madam Pince is the highlight, but the Ministry set has delivered amazingly, as has 12 Grimmauld Place. My OoTP Kitbashed Sirius has been officially knocked out of the water!! And that Tonks is fabulous.

33 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Plot twist: it's the Express from Chamber of Secrets; the only minifigures are Harry and Ron, and most of the parts are devoted to building the viaduct, the Ford Anglia and the Whomping Willow! :pir-laugh:

I bet that will look stunning but it must be massive to include the viaduct. 

But why would we need another Whomping Willow? 

Probably better to assume this is true, even though it‘s from a sketchy source :tongue:

I guess the train is iconic enough to deserve a D2C, but that price point is ridiculous, even with the full train and the station :shrug_oh_well: And the minifig selection will be pretty lame, even if the epilogue characters were to be included

Why some of us so easly assume that Hogwarts Express will be minifig scale with wide selection of minifigs? Last year HP D2C and overall TLG direction for adult sets sends pretty clear message - over sized set + stand with 2-3 minifigs. I can easily see 470 USD set containing exactly the same elements as the one form 2018 but much bigger and much more detailed + some exclusive minifigs on the stand. If people are buying an enormous Titanic set I guess a big train will sell as well. This is for what I'm preparing myself but I would love to be surprised :)

Edited by uPawelek
Spelling

I'd personally be really glad if the D2C ended up being Hogwarts Express because it would be skippable :'D. Though, I feel bad for everyone who was eagerly waiting for a DA expansion. Lego will have to do Gringott's sometime (right...?) and ideally it would be next year at a more affordable price point (100-200€). I, too, was hoping for Gringott's this year but this years sets will easily keep me satisfied.

If it's minifig scale and motorized with track I'm interested depending on what else is with it.  If it's a big non-minifig display piece I'll probably skip it because I wouldn't beputting it on display.  The Icons set was enough of a big display piece for me instead of the other Hedwig.  But a big blocky train is just not something I want.

26 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

I bet that will look stunning but it must be massive to include the viaduct. 

But why would we need another Whomping Willow? 

To go with our UCS Dobby's Sock of course! :pir-laugh:

Nah, I'm just being sarcastic and wryly speculating on what this set may contain

Fulcrum is saying it's a rumor and take it with a grain of salt. Still anything can happen guys! And if it's true, I just think Lego is stretching this line as long as possible. Releasing Gringrots as a final piece, so collector's will keep on buying all the sets and not lose interest. 

17 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

now that DH is no longer off the table for Lego

It has never been off the table :hmpf:

13 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Looking back, I feel that it was Lego's way of keeping the theme alive alongside the popularity of the later movies without necessarily being based on them since they were darker. It was also the first time anything from the theme had really been "remade".

"Darker" had noting to do with it, they made a set of where Harry is "killed" for crying out loud :wacko: My guess is that they after several years of being reluctant to give out many HP sets after previously been burnt, they decided to take the chance and give out a couple of best of waves to the last two movies. Some sets are from DH, and some are from previous films..

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

There are literally pages and pages of people telling me and other Hogwarts Express theorizers that it wasn’t going to happen because lego wouldn’t be able to stretch it to that high a price. 

You’re all lucky you didn’t promise to eat anything this time. lol

(and this is why I refused to get into the ‘it has to be Gringotts’ camp)

I told people they focused to much on the price when they used it as a argument to what it could not be :sceptic: I hope it is DA, but assumed it would be something else, if it is the HE that is probably the second most likely set, I would have guessed it was something completely different :tongue:

3 hours ago, bRICKbRAT said:

It’s clear that the Hp design team have no idea on what their doing. 

I see you live up to your name :hmpf: The HP design time is one of the best ones working at Lego, giving us fantastic sets every year and getting a lot of praise from fans even from those that do not even collect HP sets!

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder what minifigures could be included at such a pricepoint.  I don't see them leaving out the Trolley Witch, and the Hogwarts Express conductor and King's Cross station guard seem like they have a decent shot at appearing.  And of course, some variations of Harry, Ron, and Hermione are basically guaranteed.  

Could Tonks and suited Voldemort appear to explain the leaked heads?

I doubt they would go such a route, but I would be hyped if the minifigure selection was based on the epilogue.

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

With any luck, the designers will use the high price point D2C format to give us a ton of students to populate the train. Lee Jordan (with tarantula) in particular would be a good choice as a callback to the book, since his main appearances are in the quidditch pitch and he’s unlikely to make the cut in a regular quidditch set. Augusta Longbottom would be a fun addition too. Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, and Cormac McLaggen also have notable train scenes.
Really, any student character who we should have but don’t yet could easily fit on the Express. We could also get a decent selection of owls and cats that students are bringing along to school, and maybe even the much desired pygmy puff? 

And of course, there’s a decent chance that the designers will take the opportunity to give us some bonus Epilogue minifigs (I think we’re pretty safe from the entire set being 19 Years Later though). 

Would be really interesting to see what figs we get yes, the King's Cross station worker from the two first films is probably included and maybe they include epilogue figs :shrug_oh_well: A decent selection of owls would be appreciated after zero in the summer wave :wink:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do not believe it yet either has been several different rumours what the set could be earlier, however if it is correct you should probably eat your hand for good measure so sure you have been that it has been DA :tongue:

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

[…] however if it is correct you should probably eat your hand for good measure so sure you have been that it has been DA :tongue:

I never promised any such thing :tongue: And I still stand by the point that a DA expansion would make a lot more sense than an overpriced train, but making sense is not always part of the equation :head_back:

As with the supposed Hogwarts Professors accessory pack I'm very dubious about this "leak".

But it's fun to entertain the thought.  If the set is to include the station and the train then I think there will be a couple of carriages otherwise the station would dwarf the train.  A train with carriages in a station at ~500usd would still probably pass as minifig scale with compartments in each carriage.  So we could see a lot of figs.

My guess is that the set would be based on the Philosopher's Stone as this is the most iconic scene.  This could include Molly with hat, Fred & George (for first time at a younger age), Percy, Ginny, station guard, other assorted students. Presumably a good entrance to platform 9 3/4 mechanism.  Perhaps a separate plinth with 19 years later Harry, Ron and Hermione.

There certainly is potential and it could be a nice display piece.  Totally not fussed if this is the D2C, as with last year I'm sure it'll be better than expected.  We'll get Gringotts, it's the glaring omission and lego know that - it better be compatible with Diagon Alley when it does come but I'm not bothered if it's 2023 or even later.

Edited by Yope

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Feels like @Falconfan1414 also heard about this one, as he outright said we're not getting a Gringotts this year.

If this is true it just shows how well HP is selling and seeing this year's summer wave I have full confidence that Gringotts will show up in future. I always said it was perfectly possible for a train and station set at that price, ridiculous as it may seem. Lego is really trying to attract more adult and non Lego consumers and this will appeal to both HP and train fans. Will I buy it? Probably, especially if the price of any of it's minifigures alone would be extortionate. Will I keep it? Just depends how good it turns out to be. 

Brilliant, I’ve wanted a D2C Express for years. Glad I put off my MOC station now. It seems everything I planned to MOC for my display is getting released this year 

Edited by Whovastron

Oh my... I've been busy for the last four days and obviously I missed the official release and now I have tons of messages to read! :laugh:

Starting with the last news (later, maybe, I will have time to share my first impressions with new sets).

For what I understand we have a not surely reliable leaker saying the 470$ set is Hogwarts Express + Station and the very reliable @Falconfan1414 saying we won't have Gringott. So, at the moment, we could expect no Gringott this year. And that's all :classic:

I was between those who believed a 470$ train could be possible (and I still believe it could be possible), but hey even a broken clock is right twice a day :snicker:

If this rumour will be confirmed, I will most likely pass.

It would be interesting, however, imagining the rumour is true, thinking about how the set could be and what characters could appear. Really, if LEGO had decided to do something special I wouldn't exclude the 19 years later scene. 

If this set is based on Hogwarts Express, here is a possible minifig list based on the films, Kings Cross figs also included:

PS: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Fred, George, Percy, Lee Jordan, Molly, August Longbottom, Hagrid, Kings Cross Guard, Trolley Witch

CoS: Harry, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Percy, Molly, Arthur, Kings Cross Guard

PoA: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Molly, Lupin, Dementor

GoF: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Cho, Trolley Witch

OotP: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Molly, Arthur, Sirius, Tonks, Kingsley, Voldemort

HBP: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Dean, Lavender, Luna, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Zabini, Pansy

DHI: Ginny, Neville, Lavender, Seamus, Katie, Cormac, Nigel, Cho, Padma, Leanne, Goyle, Blaise, Pansy, Carrow Twins, Death Eaters

DHII: Epilogue Characters 

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

If this set is based on Hogwarts Express, here is a possible minifig list based on the films, Kings Cross figs also included

Just considering the most prominent scenes in the saga, I would say PS or DHII: when the journey began and when it ended.

Out of curiosity, @Seaber do you remember all the scenes from the movie? I hardly remember what I ate yesterday, but that's me :facepalm: :snicker:

Edited by BrickMatit