Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Is it just me who struggles to see how the new Hogwarts bits fit together with the 2021 sets ? 

There was never any system that really worked together. The only way would have been something like the nanoscale version -> little segments on rocky bases with a certain thickness. But except for the "old" great hall there was never any Hogwarts set with actual thickness.

Well I hope now this stupid rumor stops of TLG not doing any HP6+7 sets. As you can see they completely do.

Anyway:
I am happy about so many great recolours spread through all the sets! Cloud piece, baby Phox, a bunch of new hair recolours. I was always sad of how many (in my point of view) useless new hairpieces TLG does, while never having a big variety of recolours (not counting the new "diverse" molds).

Figure quality overall is much better. It's insane they did even a D2C set without any leg prints and horrible choices of face reuses (looking at you Lucius and no his leg print I won't count).

And the dragon is insane. Really well done, not many visible weird colours, lot's of detail and a great figure!

2 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Like, I'm a die hard HP movie fan and had never heard of/ seen Madame Pince before and I've seen each film at least 10 times lmao. It's a cool figure but a shame because she's really a glorified extra who has gotten a figure, while big roles like Rita etc haven't.

Man you're missing out on a ton of great stuff from the books if you've only seen the films.

But yeah, if Pince and Sinistra were actually mentioned by name in the film I wouldn't mind as much, as it is I think there's loads of other characters I'd rather Lego make. 

Initial impressions are that they are finding their way nicely with the Hogwarts sets now. Especially Dumbledore's  Office. Although I have the 2018-20 sets, I got the Chamber of Secrets as a base for the 2018 Great Hall, and might look to mod DO to fit in with it all.

The non-Hogwarts sets generally look great. But they do feel expensive compared to the past few years. The Grimmauld Place mechanism feels particularly impressive given that I've only seen it achieved in large sets. Nicely done.

Maybe we are also getting an interesting GWP soon that might include the leaked Tonks &/or Voldemort heads.  Can't imagine what scene might include both of those but maybe one is in a poly bag & the other a bigger set similar to last years Gryffindor Dorm Room.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

Nah, the pieces just coexist. Lego are still using it for Jawas.

Now that some time has passed and I’ve watched some videos on these sets, I do have to say that I like the two Hogwarts sets less and the rest of the wave even more. The Thestral Carriage is the only I’ll probably end up picking up anytime soon (like I mentioned, I still have a couple sets from the last two years, plus the Hogwarts Express, to pick up before getting any of these other ones) but I do still really like this wave. I’m afraid that the giant D2C is going to be a Gringott’s though, because I’ll probably want that AND Diagon Alley.

The last Jawa Minifigure was used in 2020, which was when I thought the piece was retired. As far as I can tell, It disappeared for all of 2021. Either way I am just glad to see it is still around.

Edited by CodFather1

I'm surprised that some people find this an underwhelming wave for minifigs.  We've been given some of the most desirable characters that are always mentioned here like Kreacher, OotP Sirius, OotP Tonks, Yaxley, Werewolf Lupin and they all look amazing with new molds, recolours, great print, leg-printing, etc.

There is zero need to worry about missing characters - if anything it's good that we're missing some major names because LEGO will definitely have ideas for them in the pipeline, they're clearly slowly filling in the gaps with the figures we're missing.

Add to that some of the other less prominent new characters which for me are the most exciting to really flesh out the world like the 3 polyjuice Ministry workers, Mary Cattermole, Thicknesse and possibly my favourite of the wave Madam Pince.

And some great new variants like Filch, Molly, Shacklebolt, Lupin, Harry and Luna in the Thestral set.  Not to mention Crookshanks, Mrs Norris, Fawkes, baby Thestral.

We've been totally spoilt as far as I'm concerned and it feels like no expense has been spared.  Any re-uses of previous prints are appropriate and there as so many brilliant new face, torso and leg prints.

I actually think the production costs of the figs might be why some sets seem quite expensive but for me personally I'd much rather LEGO didn't cut corners and upped the prices a bit if necessary, I wait for good sales anyway.

Separately... the Tonks and Voldy heads are a strange one.  Tonks one is probably in Grimmauld place which is again very generous.  Otherwise they definitely could be from an advent calendar or CMF (the Diagon Alley Harry leaked way earlier than this a couple of years back).  I think the Voldemort face is most likely from the Dumbledore duel or the final battle.  Which leaves two options as far as I can tell:

- Either the advent calendar is OotP themed with references to the Ministry battle/Grimmauld place etc

- Or the D2C is the battle of Hogwarts centred around the courtyard which I'm personally less interested in as I prefer Hogwarts as a school to a battleground.

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet - Chocolate Frog Cards are mentioned on the back of 3 of the boxes. 

Sirius’ Escape (x2)

Dumbledore's Office (x3)

Shrieking Shack (x4)

Presuming the other 4 set don’t have any, that’s still 7 chocolate frog cards this wave. I wonder what the criteria for deciding which sets would have them and which wouldn’t was. 

I think that could just be a mistake with the renders and that all sets have some. I hope for new ones, but most likely it is the same from last years :shrug_oh_well:

12 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally I’m more excited about Mrs. Norris, Padfoot, and Crookshanks, since they’re all new and unique prints and at least the first two are new colors as well (not certain about Crookshanks though, anyone able to say?). 

I think it is the same colour as the "toy story" set, but without the name tag.

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really love it when LEGO is able to reveal a whole wave without a single leak. 

Yes they have done a good job of stopping leaks lately, I guess the "leak hunter" they hired last year is doing a great job :tongue:

I was sitting yesterday waiting for FB3 to start in the movies (I liked it, it was fantastic visuals and not confusing like the last one:thumbup:) and just checked my phone an there was suddenly the hole summer wave*oh2*

First of all I am happy we got a DH set so maybe I do not have to see the wrong quote that Lego are never going to make DH sets here any more :hmpf:
The minifigs are the stand outs to me, a excellent selection and the especially the MOM set is all I could hope for minifig-wise :excited:
We get 2 new cats + the patronus, a bat, german shepherd and sparrow recolour + the new juvenile thestral so that is great:sweet: However a new HP wave without any owls, with those prices they should be able to include some owls in the sets :wacko:

All in all happy they still manage to give us new sets and not remakes from the last few years (20 year old remakes is fine), well done Lego WW theme:classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

First of all I am happy we got a DH set so maybe I do not have to see the wrong quote that Lego are never going to make DH sets here any more :hmpf:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one bothered by the previous constant rehashing of that unsubstantiated rubbish.  Considering that the person who started it admittedly couldn't even verify his story due to losing his original notes or whatever it was really quite tiresome having it repeated by others as factual proof so many times over the past year.

I can't wait to finally get to see the actual sets now that we've had our first looks.  But I still have to get most of this year's earlier sets too.  And I hope we are totally blown away by whatever the D2C is but I'm definitely rooting for it to be Gringotts even if my wallet isn't. 

Wow, what more can I add that hasn't been said in the list six pages... 

With the Thestral set that's now the SEVENTEENTH different Gryffindor uniform torso released since 2018 😁

And that's not including the Golden Anniversary torsos, Quidditch or Herbology uniforms. 

8 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Well, having seen everything now, I can comfortably skip this wave and buy parts for a rebrickable 2018 style Bell Tower instead.

If you mean JL Bricks version you won’t regret it. I bought it this year and it fits perfectly to other 2018-2020 sets.

6 hours ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Is it just me who struggles to see how the new Hogwarts bits fit together with the 2021 sets ? 

Struggle? Yes kinda, but I still managed to find a way how to stick everything togather... there is no movie accurate or correct way to connect new system anyways.

Interesting that Howarts courtyard is named as "Hogwarts Courtyard: Sirius's Rescue", while other Hogwarts parts are just named "Hogwarts"

2 hours ago, Yope said:

I'm surprised that some people find this an underwhelming wave for minifigs.  We've been given some of the most desirable characters that are always mentioned here like Kreacher, OotP Sirius, OotP Tonks, Yaxley, Werewolf Lupin and they all look amazing with new molds, recolours, great print, leg-printing, etc.

Did someone complain here about minifigures? Excuse me, but we got not one, but two new versions of Sirius in his prisoner outfit when they could simply reuse him from Patronum set from 2019. And then all those new characters and new unique versions you mentioned. Heck we even got another obscure professor with like no screen time (Irma Pince)... in terms of new minifigures this might be the best wave we had so far.

Edited by Textorix

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Heck we even got another obscure professor with like no screen time (Irma Pince)... in terms of new minifigures this might be the best wave we had so far.

She's not even a Professor (which is an honorary title anyway in the Wizarding eg. Hagrid) she's just Madam Pince the librarian.

Interesting how Madam Hooch also doesn't get the title of Professor, probably because she only seems to teach first years basic flying, and the only other thing she does is referee Quidditch matches.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh wow, Wow, WOW!

I just logged on and this was pretty much my reaction too!

The Ministry and Grimmauld Place are singing to me. Absolutely amazing stuff, and must-buys on day one (of there being 25% sales so they come down to the equivalent of US RRP).

I can probably do without the rest though there are certainly elements I like. The Shrieking Shack is a good set that I don't feel like I need personally since I have versions of all the minifigures and the location doesn't mean anything to me.

The two Hogwarts sets have managed to look pretty good from the exterior, much better than all the previous 2021+ style ones. The interiors of both are quite weak though, with Dumbledore's office itself still being unimpressive.

Random thoughts:

While I like the idea of the new broomsticks, LEGO hasn't fixed the core problem and made them actually ride-able. They need a piece with a thin bit that goes between a Minifigure's legs, and a pole out in front and broom part behind.

Harry and Hermione have new double-sided heads in the Sirius rescue set only as far as I can tell (barring their expressions in the Ministry set). It's like LEGO knew they needed to lock something extra into that set.

We really need a new long-hair cat mould. It's nice getting the existing cat in more variants, but it looks like neither Mrs Norris nor Crookshanks.

Against all odds they managed to repackage that same exact wing-flapping function yet again, though the Horntail is impressive.

Love Pince. Who cares if she's minor. There being a cool character included in the right place doesn't mean they won't also include another cool character in another place. If anything, their willingness to create cool new minifigure pieces for sets lends more hope to seeing a proper Rita Skeeter at some point even without another Minifigure series.

28 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

If anything, their willingness to create cool new minifigure pieces for sets lends more hope to seeing a proper Rita Skeeter at some point even without another Minifigure series.

Exactly! I think this wave makes a third CMF series completely superfluous :laugh: The remaining characters can easily be featured in regular sets.

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly! I think this wave makes a third CMF series completely superfluous :laugh: The remaining characters can easily be featured in regular sets.

You say that. but I much prefer acquiring them at CMF prices... :tongue: 

Loving the minifigs and creatures this wave, and I appreciate the way they aren't giving us so many boring multiples of the trio like they did last year. Pince is second only to Pomfrey on my list of favourites this year. So well done. It was such a disappoint to have an Infirmary without the Matron the first go round, it would have been sad to see a library without the stern bookmistress. Sensible inclusions like this make me quietly confident we'll see Rita et al eventually, and it helps to populate my Wizarding World in any event. I need more than just a sea of student uniforms. 

Re Voldemort head leak, GWP or the rumoured minifig AP seem good bets. After all the OotP minifigs and the MoM, it would be nice to see some more of the opposition put in an appearance. 

15 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Re Voldemort head leak, GWP or the rumoured minifig AP seem good bets.

Or the rumoured polybag :laugh: Pretty random, if so, but why not :snicker:

In regards with missing characters and a possible future CMF series, I think Marge is the one I'd say that's not got a clear future set - Privet Drive has been done very well and covers films 1-2, so perhaps a more likely destination would be a new Knight Bus. I'd picture a normal minifigure with a neck attachment which covers the whole body making it round, and the second expression being significantly exploded. 

The past few years has been great for headwear (Pomfrey, Pince, McGonagall) and creatures/beings (Pixie, Thestral Foal, Kreacher) in sets to make me think that a CMF is probably not necessary ever for minor minifigures like mermaids and grindylows. 

I love the new sets. This has to be Harry Potter's best wave yet?

I'm a tad upset that they haven't based Dumbledore's office off one of the later movies. I love Richard Harris' Dumbledore, but we really need a new Gambon Dumbledore to be brought into the new sets. With the Ministry of Magic set also out, I don't know how they'll incorporate him into future sets now without it seeming like he's been shoe horned in.

I'm somone who actually loves the more recent Hogwarts builds. So the build for the office and the courtyard are welcome additions.

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did someone say a baby Fawkes?

Anyways, the new sets are….AWESOME!! I like them a lot! But i need someone to provide me more details on a few sets like 12 Graimwuald Place, Minstry of Magic and Dumbedlore’s Office. I’m just visually impaired so I have a trouble seeing some details. 

I know someone did provide some great details on Hopsital Wing here a few months ago but I can’t remember…

So I took another stab at it. So far I've got Dumbledore's Office. If anyone else would like to add to it or try the other two builds, please go for it.  

Thanks, @williejm :classic:

Also, I need help describing that piece at the top of the tower on Dumbledore's office where I imagine the (not included :laugh:) owls should perch. I ended up going with "four spoked piece" which feels wrong. https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/hogwarts-dumbledore-s-office-76402

Edited by krimimimi

23 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Dumbledore's Office. Because it's got a little bit of the library where Harry sneaks around to find a book on Nicolas Flamel, in Lego's trailer for the set on facebook it showed there's a print one of the books of the scary face that comes out at him.

This is also why they're including Madam Pince as despite her not having a speaking role in the film, in the book we know she's the librarian

I've looked and just can't find any videos or trailers from lego. Do you have a link, please?

56 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

So I took another stab at it. So far I've got Dumbledore's Office. If anyone else would like to add to it or try the other two builds, please go for it.  

Thanks, @williejm :classic:

Also, I need help describing that piece at the top of the tower on Dumbledore's office where I imagine the (not included :laugh:) owls should perch. I ended up going with "four spoked piece" which feels wrong. https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/hogwarts-dumbledore-s-office-76402

It’s more helpful - thank you so much!