Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the Shrieking shack set but realisticly it's not going to make it into my budget given all the other sets that are coming this year but I need a Lupin and Werewolf Lupin in my collection so I'll probably bricklink them. 

Holy hell, this might even top the 2020 wave. These are absolutely beautiful sets, the other themes are gonna have to work really pretty hard to beat this.

Grimmauld Place is amazing, a tad overpriced but still amazing, one of my favorite new sets.

I had somewhat high hopes for the Horntail, and I’d say they’ve been met. If I get it, I might try to mod it to work without the stand, but it seems to have taken cues from the JP dinosaurs, and some of those are really quite good.

MoM: I mean it’s alright. This is one of the weaker sets, and it’s a little on the small side, but it’s pretty cute. Great figure selections, and really good we get DH.

Shrieking Shack: it’s good. It’s covered almost all the figs in the scene, and it’ll fit right in with last year’s sets. Those were pretty stunning, so this is not much different.

Dumbledore’s Office: the biggest surprise here is how good this set is: great new figures, looks like a cathedral, and will fit in great with both stylss

Thestral and Courtyard: these two are alright. The Thestral has good figs and a really cute baby, and the figs are pretty good on the Courtyard, but it’s not amazing, especially compared to the Office.

The only thing I don't like about this wave are:

1) The Hungarian Horntail. Just looks blocky and odd to me, although I can see the source resemblance.

2) The new castle sections are not as obviously connecting as last years i.e. how is the Hospital Wing meant to fit in with these and the old structures? I hate getting left with several roof sections in order to connect builds or having builds that seem awkward to connect. Last year's style may not be aesthetically pleasing from the outside, but the stackability of modules made displaying easier. We seem to be getting more 'tops' than 'bottoms' this year. Lego doesn't seem to show a pic of how they fit in.

The box art shows Tonks with very red hair, the product pictures come with purple, might the set have both hair pieces?

Oh and the back of the box shows her with a pig nose!!

Edited by steam235
had a nother comment that didn't warrent a double posting.

3 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Shrieking Shack: it’s good. It’s covered almost all the figs in the scene, and it’ll fit right in with last year’s sets. Those were pretty stunning, so this is not much different. [...]

Thestral and Courtyard: these two are alright. The Thestral has good figs and a really cute baby, and the figs are pretty good on the Courtyard, but it’s not amazing, especially compared to the Office.

Snape. Poor Snape. :laugh: Was anyone else left out of the scene? Hell, they even included all of the alternative forms... Quite satisfying all around.  

I feel like it should have come with a steak instead of an apple... :tongue:

Just now, steam235 said:

The box art shows Tonks with very red hair, the product pictures come with purple, might the set have both hair pieces?

Given the pig nose as her second face print, I'd guess so.

Cool details I noticed in each set:

12 Grimmauld Place:

- The grand piano Hermione teaches Ron how to play in Deathly Hallows

- Fred/George using the extendable ears despite minifigure's don't have ears

- Tonks has pink & dark red hair pieces and a face print with a pig nose

- Black family Tapestry (had to be included)

Ministry of Magic:

- White triangular sign pieces for Interdepartmental memos

- 1x1 round tile of Riddle's locket

- Blue trans cat for Umbridge's patronus

- Weasley's Decoy Detonator's

- Arthur's office has a rubber duck (chamber of secrets quote)

- Window blocked up with newspapers (from when Yaxley magics them off him)

Shrieking Shack:

- Obviously there's the secret passageway from Whomping Willow to the Shack

- Grand piano in the upstairs room (that 'scabbers' runs along)

- New dog printing for Sirius' animagus form

Dumbledore's Office:

- Griffin statue sticker/print, that is the entrance way to Dumbledore's office

- New Mrs Norris print on the cat, with the red eyes

- Madam Pince as a minifig for the first time, with a new hair/hat piece

- New colouring of the baby bird piece to look like a reborn Fawkes

- Print of the scary face in the book Harry looks at in the restricted section

The new sets definitely look really neat. At retail, I'll likely have to wait since it will be over $500 for the wave. BUT definitely some gems in there. I like the baby thestral. I like all the new torso prints.

I don't love Grimmauld Place actually. I like the play feature, BUT I think it looked differently in my head if I were to build one myself. I mean, I'll still get it because LEGO HP and new figures, but I'll have to modify greatly. But Kreacher!

WOW 

this wave is really great 😍

Thestral set: just as expected a really nice small set! If i wanna be nitpicky i will just say that i would have rather have some small bushes over that “tree” 😂

sirius rescue: this is definetly the one i dislike themost, and the only one that i won’t get day 1… it is a fine set, but so not worthy of 50€… the interiors had nothing and the figures don’t add anything special… will wait for a good discount

Dumbledores office: great set, good minifigure selection with an amazing madame prince, a proper miss norris and a nice baby fawkes 😍 Really like the library build, and a good dumbledores office with enough space to recreate the most iconic scenes

ShriekingShack: just fantastic! I know some people will have some people with its size, but this is exactly what i was expecting in order for it to go next to the hogsmeade village set! Also like the new whomping willow! Werewolf lupin and padfoot are stellar

ministry of magic: perfection, our first DH1 set in lego form 😍 can also see them easily adding some extension sets

12 grimmauld place: again perfection, this and MoM are definetly tied as the my favourite sets this wave 😍

^Pepperidge Farms remembers too...

I was just thinking as much as I want all of these I will have to wait for a hopeful sale. I bought all of the 2021 sets and now Target had all of them on the BOGO 40% sale, so I could have saved a little had I waited. So I guess I'll do that this time.

I pretty much agree on what everyone else has said about the new sets, they are amazing, really love how a lot of the designs look from the outside and I appreciate all the references to the films and books within each interior.

Very interesting new broom designs, Lego finally changed them after all these years... going to miss the classic ones ngl.

The new minifigs look incredible, stand outs to me are Tonks and that new Harry is the best Goblet of Fire Harry ever made... not only does it have extremely accurate arm printing, it is dual molded as well!

I love the new Kreacher, very accurate new head and I love that the Harry that comes in the cheapest set didn't just have the usual uniform torso but a new design with a jacket over his uniform!

Also, I was pretty shocked to even see a new Deathly Hallows set after reading for months that Lego were never going to make one apparently lol, had to take a second glance to make sure. Hopefully this means we will see more in the future.

6 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Harry’s Invisibility cloak seems to be different than the cmf figure 

Which set has the new invisibility cloak?

Just now, steam235 said:

Which set has the new invisibility cloak?

Dumbledore's Office. Because it's got a little bit of the library where Harry sneaks around to find a book on Nicolas Flamel, in Lego's trailer for the set on facebook it showed there's a print one of the books of the scary face that comes out at him.

This is also why they're including Madam Pince as despite her not having a speaking role in the film, in the book we know she's the librarian

Interesting how Harry and Hermione have new face prints in the Sirius Black Rescue set but they aren't used in the Shrieking Shack set. Also Ron is the only one of the trio who doesn't have his dirty torn torso variant in the Shrieking Shack set, hmm, just some details I noticed.

These are all spectacular! Plenty of things I was expecting (including Grimmauld Place) but also plenty of things I never would have guessed (Madam Pince and the library!) so lots of fun things to unpack. Can’t wait to build these (but why June 19th?). 

Holy effin shit!! These are all bloody amazing!! Yaxley with an accurate hairpiece, Thicknesse, the locket, the polyjuiced trio, Cattermole‘s wive? Sirius x3?? Tonks & Kreacher?! Am I dreaming?!?! Pince?!!! And just look at all those details!

That‘s it, 2022 is my favourite LEGO year ever, even without Gringotts! I‘m so happy :wub:

Since I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet - Chocolate Frog Cards are mentioned on the back of 3 of the boxes. 

Sirius’ Escape (x2)

Dumbledore's Office (x3)

Shrieking Shack (x4)

Presuming the other 4 set don’t have any, that’s still 7 chocolate frog cards this wave. I wonder what the criteria for deciding which sets would have them and which wouldn’t was. 

We're going to have to really think about how to fully integrate these new sets into the whole castle.

Does anyone have a 3D representation of all the parts released since the start and what is possible to do with these new sets in addition?

The green roofs are back, so we'll have to change everything to gray like the first ones, or find this green to replace all the old grays...

I don't know if it's possible one way or the other.

Is it just me who loves how incredible that Harry minifig looks with those arms in the Horntail set, I like the set design, but I'm basically getting that instantly for the fig alone ahaha, hopefully this means in the future we will see even more characters with printed arms and/or dual molded arms in regular sets.

Also I love how the box art looks very similar to the UK bloomsbury Goblet of Fire book cover, or at least it reminded me of it.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Does anyone know what the tan bat in the Grimmauld Place set is supposed to be? I assume it‘s there for a reason :laugh_hard:

Given it’s in the room with the Gryffindor banner on the wall I’m guessing it’s meant to represent the bat skeleton mobile seen in Sirius’ bedroom in DH1.