Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

What's anyone using for a better Tonks head? I don't have the new Burrow but I was thinking of just buying her torso now and finding a different head, since the one LEGO provided doesn't remind me of her at all.

As for the Yaxley discussion, I always pictured him with the Will Turner ponytail in tan or bright yellow, even if it's not completely accurate.

32 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

As for the Yaxley discussion, I always pictured him with the Will Turner ponytail in tan or bright yellow, even if it's not completely accurate.

Either that or Kanan‘s ponytail, even though neither fits perfectly :shrug_oh_well: Still better than Draco‘s excruciatingly overused hairpiece

6 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Yaxley has a ponytail so Draco’s hair would definitely not work! 

Wasn't it a plait? I usually picture Will Turner as well, but I think he actually has it braided. 

20 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Wasn't it a plait? I usually picture Will Turner as well, but I think he actually has it braided. 

It is plaited yes. :) Would Lego go all in on that detail? Maybe not. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Very excited to see set pics, hopefully they all look good, curious to see if repeated characters like Harry will have a new face print with new expressions? Hair piece changed? Just a thought aha would be nice to have a new version of Potter himself since he will be coming in a lot of sets as is tradition.

1 hour ago, puttingstickersonisintense said:

Very excited to see set pics, hopefully they all look good, curious to see if repeated characters like Harry will have a new face print with new expressions? Hair piece changed? Just a thought aha would be nice to have a new version of Potter himself since he will be coming in a lot of sets as is tradition.

We’ll definitely be seeing repeats in sets like the Shrieking Shack and Sirius’ Rescue, and I imagine the Harry we get in the Hogwarts Carriage set won’t be too different from the other OotP versions we got in 2020. I’m also not expecting anything wildly new for the students, Snape, and Filch in the Dumbledore’s Office set. 

We are guaranteed a new version in the Ministry at least. If the leakers are right and it’s DH based then the trio will be polyjuiced versions and have new heads with Runcorn/Cattermole/Hopkirk faces. The Harry/Goyle and Ron/Crabbe minifigures from last year both gave us new expressions on the Harry/Ron side of the head, so I can definitely see that happening for the ministry trio as well. 

There will be a Thersal foal mold, right?  No new molded creatures (other than Fawkes and Cornish Pixies)?

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

There will be a Thersal foal mold, right?  No new molded creatures (other than Fawkes and Cornish Pixies)?

The leaks do state we’re getting a Thestral foal (as well as an adult Thestral) in the Hogwarts Carriage set. 

Fawkes was introduced two years ago, and is not a new mold. We might be getting him in the Dumbledore’s Office set, but I don’t recall if he was specifically mentioned in the leaks. 

Pixies were introduced last year, and there’s no indication that any will appear in any of this year’s sets. 

As far as other animals we know will appear in the summer sets: Sirius’ Rescue will have Buckbeak and Dumbledore’s Office is supposed to have Mrs. Norris (who should need at least a new color and print if not a new mold).

Logic would indicate that we’ll also likely see a black dog (again - needs at least a new color and print) and a rat in the Shrieking Shack. And personally I have a hunch that lego is planning to slip Crookshanks in there somewhere, but that’s pure speculation. 

So definitely a new Thestral foal mold, and MAYBE a new dog and/or cat mold. 

Edited by Accio Lego

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So definitely a new Thestral foal mold, and MAYBE a new dog and/or cat mold. 

The stand-in for Mrs Norris is just a regular ginger cat. I think we can expect a recolour, but a new mould for her is pretty unlikely considerig that prelims usually feature grey prototype parts :wink:

Are the sets coming out in June even in the US? I wasn't paying attention much after the leaked prototypes last year but I do remember the sets being delayed until July in 2019 and roughly August in 2020. 

Haven't been this interested in new sets since the DA so I'm really looking forward to seeing them, hopefully it's not the last theme to get revealed in full. 

Here we have it! The Non-Official Eurobricks Wizarding World Rumors & Discussion Forum Set Rankings (2018-2021):

1. Diagon Alley

2. Attack on the Burrow

3. Great Hall

4. Clock Tower

5. D2C Hogwarts Castle

6. Hagrid's Hut

7. Astronomy Tower

8. Hogsmeade Village Visit

9. Chamber of Secrets

10. The Rise of Voldemort

Some interesting notes:

Diagon Alley and Burrow made practically every list.

Diagon Alley is the significant frontrunner, being #1 on 55% of lists and top 3 on 70%.

The D2C Hogwarts Castle is #5 despite being absent from most lists- only present on 45% of them. If it was on a list, it was rated especially high.

The only sets that didn't make the top 10 of anybody's list were the small buildable Hedwig, Moments Transfiguration and Potions and Charms, First Flying Lesson, Fluffy Encounter, Buildable Figures, Room of Requirement, Aragog's Lair, and Quidditch. Of these, Quidditch was a shocking omission to me. Even the Hungarian Horntail cracked one list!

Thanks for the fun data everyone!

40 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

2. Attack on the Burrow

I know this has had a pretty positive reception but I am surprised it is #2 overall. This is one that did not tempt me at all, though I recognize that is partially because I already had the 2010 Burrow. The new one seems too large in scale compared to Hogwarts. Plus I find the model's perspective very awkward since the "front" doesn't have the front door and unfolding section is just a floor. I think the new Madrigal House was closer take on what I would like to see out of a magical house like this.

2 hours ago, droobles said:

I know this has had a pretty positive reception but I am surprised it is #2 overall.

Probably a lot of votes were split between what "castle build" people liked, I'd imagine Attack on the Burrow would lose in a head to head vote with any of the popular castle builds, Great Hall, Astronomy Tower, Chamber of secrets etc. 

1 hour ago, steam235 said:

Probably a lot of votes were split between what "castle build" people liked, I'd imagine Attack on the Burrow would lose in a head to head vote with any of the popular castle builds, Great Hall, Astronomy Tower, Chamber of secrets etc. 

Or that there is a split between new and 2018-202 style sets that tips it. However, people had 10 'votes', so there is plenty of room for many castle sections.

The Burrow is just a really good set on it's own, whereas the castle sections really come into their own when combined with other sections to create a full castle. So I can see Burrow being ahead against any individual castle section.

8 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

Here we have it! The Non-Official Eurobricks Wizarding World Rumors & Discussion Forum Set Rankings (2018-2021):

1. Diagon Alley

2. Attack on the Burrow

3. Great Hall

4. Clock Tower

5. D2C Hogwarts Castle

6. Hagrid's Hut

7. Astronomy Tower

8. Hogsmeade Village Visit

9. Chamber of Secrets

10. The Rise of Voldemort

Thanks a lot for this @evanevanevan!  I really like this sort of thing and the results seem very solid.

I always feel like the Clock Tower set is slightly underrated so nice to see it be well regarded.  2020 definitely packs the biggest punch:

2018 (3rd, 5th),

2019 (4th, 6th, 10th),

2020 (1st, 2nd, 7th),

2021 (8th, 9th).

I'd love to be able to see next year's ranking, I feel like Dumbledore's Office, the Shrieking Shack, the Ministry of Magic and the D2C could all have a good chance of making the top ten.

13 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

The only sets that didn't make the top 10 of anybody's list were the small buildable Hedwig, Moments Transfiguration and Potions and Charms, First Flying Lesson, Fluffy Encounter, Buildable Figures, Room of Requirement, Aragog's Lair, and Quidditch. Of these, Quidditch was a shocking omission to me. Even the Hungarian Horntail cracked one list!

Thanks so much for going to the effort to put that together, it was very interesting. I'm really surprised DA did so much better than the D2C nanoscale Hogwarts. I guess the scale really just isn't as popular on EB, but I can't imagine the castle did poorly in the shops as it's still available 4 years on. 

(Oh, and if we were limiting ourselves to 2021 as the outer limit, then I'd have to change my HM: DADA vote to HM: Potions, which meant it would have made one person's list, not that it changes any rankings. It's a very cute little set. :wub:)

I almost had the first flying lesson in my list as I am very happy with its contents and would love more sets like it and the hospital wing, but had to bump it out of my top 10 for the D2C’s to be fair to their detail and majesty even though I do not own either. 
This was a fun and interesting exercise thanks for doing it!

Edited by Bugbot20082

Ah thanks, I'm so happy you guys like the list! I'll redo it at the end of this year to include 2021 too :laugh: 

I think next time I'm gonna make a survey link (is this allowed?) where every set is listed and you have to rank everything. That way the results will be very definitive, and it will be interesting to see the bottom 10. Also so many of these sets are incredible that it's splitting hairs, so something that didn't even make anybody's top 10 list like Quidditch could still crack a top 20 spot.

Just seen the movie, liked it a lot! A definite improvement over CoG :laugh:

Not much potential set-wise, though. Even if there were some, no idea what they could realistically be :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not much potential set-wise, though. Even if there were some, no idea what they could realistically be :shrug_oh_well:

I mean, even the original ones in 2018 were definitely more about the creatures than locations. And from the looks of it there are a decent number of larger creatures that could be the basis of small to medium sized sets. Plus, the way they handled the latest Spider-Man movie (one set based off each of the three movies but with the same boxart for all of them) could have worked for the FB franchise as well. 

7 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I just want a Youngledore minifig! 

Don’t we all. It would be great if he came with a deluminator as well. I would also like a good Vinda Rosier and a younger Nicholis Flamel. 

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was early *huh* I am looking forward to finally see it tomorrow :excited: I hope for some FB sets or at least minifigs this year, but do not hold my breath..

4 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Don’t we all. It would be great if he came with a deluminator as well. I would also like a good Vinda Rosier and a younger Nicholis Flamel. 

I mean. I want them all but Youngledore is top priority. 

I suppose a new Mads as Grindlewald too I guess…

They could do Hogwarts sets for FB now too 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I mean. I want them all but Youngledore is top priority. 

I suppose a new Mads as Grindlewald too I guess…

They could do Hogwarts sets for FB now too 🤷‍♂️ 

Youngledore could be made out of existing minifig parts, since there isnt much unique things on him really… on the other hand Grindelwald is a different story ;)