Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/20/2022 at 6:14 AM, evanevanevan said:

What would everyone's top 10 LEGO Harry Potter sets be from 2018 on? I want to compile the answers to find the most popular set.

1) Diagon Alley

2) Hagrid's Hut

3) Clock Tower

4) Privet Drive

5) Great Hall

6) Knight Bus

7) Astronomy Tower

8) Hogsmeade

9) Burrow

10) Rise of Voldemort

....Microscale castle would probably be in top 3, but I don't have it as I don't collect non playscale sets.

Edited by Textorix

Any prediction on when should we get first pictures of summer sets? I can't wait to add 2 new Hogwarts sets into my MOC.

0kl0xJf.jpg

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Any prediction on when should we get first pictures of summer sets?

I‘m more wondering when the first minifig/creature leaks will drop :classic: It started on March 6th in 2019, the 18th in 2020, and the 13th in 2021, so we’re “officially” late :tongue: Granted, the leaks may not be as plentiful as they used to be, but I’m still hopeful we get to see something at least :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m more wondering when the first minifig/creature leaks will drop :classic: It started on March 6th in 2019, the 18th in 2020, and the 13th in 2021, so we’re “officially” late :tongue: Granted, the leaks may not be as plentiful as they used to be, but I’m still hopeful we get to see something at least :shrug_oh_well:

Everything seems to take more time to leak than it used to I think. The sets are coming in June right, so that gives us just something over 2 and half months for potential leaks.

26 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I can't wait to add 2 new Hogwarts sets into my MOC.

You managed to come up with a very beautiful model! :thumbup:

@Textorix Are your Bell Towers your own creation or did you snag instructions from somewhere?  I've been considering doing custom bell towers, but a couple of the versions I've seen seem too big in relation to the rest of the 2018 sets.   Yours seem well proportioned.

Edited by Lacdaran

13 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

@Textorix Are your Bell Towers your own creation or did you snag instructions from somewhere?  I've been considering doing my own custom bell towers, but a couple of the versions I've seen seem too big in relation to the rest of the 2018 sets.   Yours seem well proportioned.

Bell Towers version that I have in my castle is a MOC that I bought from JL Bricks (super talented guy) on Rebrickable. Honestly it is the best version I have seen, because it respects the original design of 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets.

40 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

You managed to come up with a very beautiful model! :thumbup:

Thank you so much. It was very diffucult to connect all these sets in the most accurate way, and yet keep them in their official form for the most part.

Edited by Textorix

40 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Bell Towers version that I have in my castle is a MOC that I bought from JL Bricks (super talented guy) on Rebrickable. Honestly it is the best version I have seen, because it respects the original design of 2018-2020 Hogwarts sets.

Thank you so much. It was very diffucult to connect all these sets in the most accurate way, and yet keep them in their official form for the most part.

It really is very good. Makes you think that maybe they could do a full Hogwarts minifigure scale set for the D2C. Especially if they went movie accurate like yours, compared to playset prioritization for the new style of sets.

27 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It really is very good. Makes you think that maybe they could do a full Hogwarts minifigure scale set for the D2C. Especially if they went movie accurate like yours, compared to playset prioritization for the new style of sets.

Thanks. I mean it is not that unrealistic considering my model has something like 10 000 pieces in total (including full Quidditch Pitch, Hagrid's Hut, few trees and huge rock base). I would be probably pissed if Lego did that, because the whole point of my MOC was to get simillar castle silhouette as microscale Hogwarts castle but in playscale, so if there was suddently official set like that I would feel like my work was waste of time :DDD

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

It really is very good. Makes you think that maybe they could do a full Hogwarts minifigure scale set for the D2C. 

Why would they do that though? That would not only cannibalise sales of the current modular system, it would also majorly annoy people that collected the pre-2021 castle expansions :tongue: The microscale castle is self-contained exactly because it’s at an incompatible scale.

Do you seriously want a FOURTH version of the Great Hall within 5 years? :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Thanks. I mean it is not that unrealistic considering my model has something like 10 000 pieces in total (including full Quidditch Pitch, Hagrid's Hut, few trees and huge rock base). I would be probably pissed if Lego did that, because the whole point of my MOC was to get simillar castle silhouette as microscale Hogwarts castle but in playscale, so if there was suddently official set like that I would feel like my work was waste of time :DDD

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would they do that though? That would not only cannibalise sales of the current modular system, it would also majorly annoy people that collected the pre-2021 castle expansions :tongue: The microscale castle is self-contained exactly because it’s at an incompatible scale.

Do you seriously want a FOURTH version of the Great Hall within 5 years? :laugh_hard:

Both fair points. It's not so much that I want one - I'd prefer variety and yes, I don't have room for yet more of the same thing - but it feels more possible than I had considered before. I, just like everyone else, want a UCS Dobby's Sock, obviously.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Both fair points. It's not so much that I want one - I'd prefer variety and yes, I don't have room for yet more of the same thing - but it feels more possible than I had considered before. I, just like everyone else, want a UCS Dobby's Sock, obviously.

But the model shows just how impossible such an official set is, it's not at all likely. Looking at it, right off the bat I see the Great Hall, Clock Tower, Hagrid's Hut, Astronomy Tower, Chamber of Secrets are all present with an RRP of 500 EUR. That's just the big sets. Then there are other sets I see like Whomping Willow, the Quidditch Match, Aragog's Lair, Expecto Patronum, Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter for another 180 EUR, and I assume from the other side the RoR, Fluffy Encounter, PPM, FFL, Gryffindor Dorm and Hospital Wing would appear as well for yet another 160 + EUR. We're already at 840 EUR, and that's not beginning to account for the MOCs: the rock base (which would be ridiculously expensive), the covered bridge, aqueduct, two courtyards, and the Bell Towers...

Basically what we'd get for the amount anyone wants to spend at minifig scale can't begin to match what we already have. It would be a massive step backwards. 

I can’t think of 10 off the top of my head but here’s my top 5 :tongue:

1- Diagon Alley 

2 - Astronomy Tower 

3- Chamber of Secrets 

4- Clocktower 

5- probably the Great Hall, tho it’s the only one I don’t own! 

As a hp theme the Grawp, Graveyard, Horntail and students pack were absolutely amazing and mindblowing for my inner child 

My top 10:

1. Diagon Alley (2020)

2. Attack on the Burrow (2020)

3. Knight Bus (2019)

4. Beauxbatons Carriage (2019)

5. Astronomy Tower (2020)

6. Clock Tower (2019)

7. Great Hall (2018)

8. Grindelwald's Escape (2018)

9. Hogsmeade Village Visit (2021)

10. Umbridge Encounter (2020)

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

But the model shows just how impossible such an official set is, it's not at all likely. Looking at it, right off the bat I see the Great Hall, Clock Tower, Hagrid's Hut, Astronomy Tower, Chamber of Secrets are all present with an RRP of 500 EUR. That's just the big sets. Then there are other sets I see like Whomping Willow, the Quidditch Match, Aragog's Lair, Expecto Patronum, Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter for another 180 EUR, and I assume from the other side the RoR, Fluffy Encounter, PPM, FFL, Gryffindor Dorm and Hospital Wing would appear as well for yet another 160 + EUR. We're already at 840 EUR, and that's not beginning to account for the MOCs: the rock base (which would be ridiculously expensive), the covered bridge, aqueduct, two courtyards, and the Bell Towers...

Basically what we'd get for the amount anyone wants to spend at minifig scale can't begin to match what we already have. It would be a massive step backwards. 

True. I was more thinking of just Hogwarts, not the stuff in the grounds, but yes the prices of individual sets adds up to a lot. But it's within reach, so they could end up doing it one day. Again, not something I want, but previously it didn't occur to me that it would even be feasible.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:14 PM, evanevanevan said:

What would everyone's top 10 LEGO Harry Potter sets be from 2018 on? I want to compile the answers to find the most popular set. 

I will limit my list to favorite sets I actually bought, and I did not buy any sets costing more than $100.

1. 2018 Great Hall

2. 2019 Clock Tower

3. Attack on the Burrow

4. Hagrid's Hut

5. 2020 Advent calendar (Yule Ball)

6. Hogsmeade Village

7. Expecto Patronum

8. Rise of Voldemort

9. Grindelwald's Escape (esp. for thestral!)

10. Polyjuice Mistake

On 3/19/2022 at 10:14 PM, evanevanevan said:

1. (Microscale) Hogwarts Castle - lots of fun details and it just looked spectacular 

2. Hogwarts Clocktower - love the Yule Ball theme 

3. Beauxbatons’ Carriage - I’ve literally wanted this set since the movie first came out

4. Hogwarts Great Hall - really well done architecture 

5. Hogsmeade Village - absolutely perfect 

6. Hogwarts Express - they didn’t have to make it so over the top but they did

7. Diagon Alley - really well done and features a bunch of locations never done before 

8. Hagrid’s Hut - Buckbeak!

9. Expecto Patronum - never expected to get patronuses, but I’m so happy we did 

10. Hospital Wing - really great interior, minifigs, and accessories 

Ooh good question.In no particular order:

1. Diagon Alley - Bought this after moving home and finally having money to spend on LEGO! I've built MOCs off this too that I've really enjoyed doing. Rationally was it worth £370? I could probably do that with money now :laugh: But it was so much fun to build over the course of two weeks especially in the build up to Christmas, good memories.

2. Attack on The Burrow - Love this set, only wish it was larger/more expensive to give the set a bit of breathing space. Loved the little Weasley stickers and it's the piece I'm most likely to have on display.

3. Hagrids Hut - Again another set that's really easy to display, perfect for a bookshelf. I even built onto the back of it but it ruined the structural integrity of the build lol. Really cute build.

4. 2019 AC - Harry and Ron's sweaters, this was also the year I properly got into LEGO Harry Potter so the charm was at 100% when this released. I also didn't have any of the other minifigs in the set so everything felt brand new!

5. The Rise of Voldemort - For the price I thought this set was really something special and different for the theme. Like this for what it said about the theme going forward, back in 2019.

6. Hogwarts Castle - So this is a sight to behold when it's built up. My *only* complaint is more wish fulfilment... as obsessed with the Hogwarts blueprint as I am, I really wish it came with the Clock Tower/Quad/Bell Towers/Astronomy Tower. (And they say they couldn't justify another set :laugh:

7. Hogwarts Express - Just a really fun build that was an afternoon well spent. Also looks good on display which is a big deal for me.

8. Hogwarts Great Hall - So this was the first *big set* I got in the theme (I got the Quidditch set for Christmas the year before but didn't know the theme was so big, then my family got addicted to the CMF... so I got their hand me down figures. It then got serious when I saw the Bricktober pack in October 2019 and it *rapidly* snowballed from there). Loved building this at the time. I sort of view the old-Hogwarts style as one big set in my mind so I appreciate them all really.

9. Chamber of Secrets - Don't get me wrong I hate the modular style of this new Hogwarts wave. But absolutely love the details, Lockhart's office alone is fantastic.

10. Hogsmeade - Finally! Just wish Three Broomsticks was twice as wide and slightly taller.

Edited by drewdotexe

1) The nanoscale Hogwarts Castle. Gorgeous. It's on permanent display on our dining table. If they ever lift the corona recommendations for visitors, I may still forego company in its favour. :laugh:

2) The 2018 Great Hall. The perfect re-introduction for the theme's return. It's the thing that took me from occasional purchases to very near completionism in a theme. A better basilisk would have helped, or as it hasn't a dungeon, skipping it in favour of better fittings for the tower or perhaps more of a courtyard, but it was a truly great set.  

3) Clock Tower. While the Astronomy Tower has a better exterior, the interior really lets it down. The CT had a solid interior, and the Yule Ball play feature was a delight, and the stained glass mermaid window art! :wub: The only things missing were something for that one odd corner with the trunk, a better Goblet of Fire (which the AC - another strong set - immediately made up for), and a Madam Pomfrey fig. 

4) Hagrid's Hut remains on permanent display on our coffee table. It captures Hagrid's home perfectly, and will be very hard to top. (I really hope we get Fang in a forest set one day instead of an HH.) 

5) Diagon Alley. Such a detailed treat, saving the egregious QQS colour selection. If it weren't for that, it would be higher on this list.

6) Whomping Willow. Especially for folks on a budget, this was a wonderfully flexible bit of castle. What a great set. Until the Moments sets appeared, some part of it was always on my desk, usually Snape's office or the potions classroom.

7) The DADA Moment set has managed to replace the HM: Potions Classroom as my favourite in the series for making better sense of the space. I still prefer Potions as a location, but DADA is the better set. I love their artwork so much. Those two sets are always within reach on my desk, and usually some if not all of the other Moments books.

8) Hogsmeade. So cute. I also like that it fits in well with my winter village. I really hope we see more of the Hogsmeade shops in the future.

9) Umbridge's Encounter. Grawp was so well done, and I love the centaurs. 

10) Fawkes. I'm generally not a great fan of the sets that take up a lot of space without a lot of playability, but this was just beautifully done. Hedwig, too, and I really love that they made the Icons' crowning piece accessible to those with space and monetary budgets. I feel seen.  

Edited by krimimimi

Since minifig leak season could start any day now, which ones do you want to see the most? My picks are Yaxley, the mystery MoM minifigs, and all the minifigs from Dumbledore‘s office (since we still have no clue what film that set is based on) :laugh: And of course the cast of the Shrieking Shack and the unknown set :excited:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since minifig leak season could start any day now, which ones do you want to see the most? My picks are Yaxley, the mystery MoM minifigs, and all the minifigs from Dumbledore‘s office (since we still have no clue what film that set is based on) :laugh: And of course the cast of the Shrieking Shack and the unknown set :excited:

Well, a good deal of physical leaks are dependent on what light fingered minifig leakers can readily tell is new and exciting, so we can make some educated guesses. 

- Hogwarts Carriage: Luna and the baby Thestral (Harry might get a new torso print, but it would be a fairly subtle one)

- Sirius’ Rescue: possibly none, although if the ‘Ginny Weasley’ described by leakers was just a placeholder, then that character might be interesting enough to leak. 

- Dumbledore’s Office: if McGonagall is indeed in black as promobricks suggested, then there’s a good chance she’ll leak (it’s just a question of whether lego will pull another Moments Trelawney or if we’ll see her in the black outfit she wears in Dumbledore’s office in GoF). Mrs. Norris should also be different enough from previous cats to potentially leak. 

- Ministry of Magic: pretty much all of these Minifigures could be potential leaks (except the dementors). 

- Hungarian Horntail: previous buildable creatures have always included an exclusive Minifigure, and the exclusive Harry that came with Hedwig leaked early, so it’s not impossible this one might too. 

- Shrieking Shack: we might not know the exact lineup yet, but we know pretty much all the characters, and unless Lupin gets a significant update since 2018 the only ‘new’ designs will be Peter Pettigrew and hopefully Werewolf Lupin and Padfoot. 

- retailer exclusive: personally, I love to see just about anything leak from this, since that would confirm what it is (although maybe something already has leaked? *eyes lavender hair piece*)

Personally, I’m hoping most for leaks from the Ministry of Magic or the mysterious retailer exclusive, since those could actually confirm what movie it’s from or what it is respectively. But I’d also love to see Werewolf Lupin and any of the animals leak (Padfoot and Mrs. Norris need new colors at the very least, if not new molds, and I have a hunch that Crookshanks will have snuck into the Shack or retailer exclusive). 

22 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally, I’m hoping most for leaks from the Ministry of Magic or the mysterious retailer exclusive, since those could actually confirm what movie it’s from or what it is respectively. 

I can’t say how I know this, but there’s a play feature in the set that outright confirms it as a DH set :thumbup:

Another minifig movie question, this Professor Trelawney looks to be from Deathly Hallows 2, but with the headpiece reused from the collectible minifig line from Prisoner of Azkaban. Was this combination used in another scene I missed, or is this simply a mismatched combo?

hp332.png 

Edited by Timemaster11

8 minutes ago, Timemaster11 said:

Was this combination used in another scene I missed, or is this simply a mismatched combo?

It’s mismatched. My guess is that they wanted to include the CMF hairpiece because it’s iconic to the character, but still decided to give us a new outfit, hence this version :laugh: I appreciate it :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t say how I know this, but there’s a play feature in the set that outright confirms it as a DH set :thumbup:

Did you just admit you lost? :devil: