Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

The new Super Mario Peach's Castle set seems to include a new variant of the 8x8 half-dozen piece, with molded-in shingles. What are the odds we see this piece in sand green for Hogwarts this year?

8 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The new Super Mario Peach's Castle set seems to include a new variant of the 8x8 half-dozen piece, with molded-in shingles. What are the odds we see this piece in sand green for Hogwarts this year?

I was thinking the exact same thing :laugh: Chances are pretty high I’d say 

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was thinking the exact same thing :laugh: Chances are pretty high I’d say 

Yeah... Though, thinking about it last year they didn't use the 4x4 shingle half-cone at all, so maybe not. (Or maybe this year we just get a sand green half-cone revolution, which is the ideal situation.)

Aren't they a little too rustic though? It should be 'slates' and not shingles. I'd say that has maybe a Hagrid's Hut feel to it, if at all, and it's too steep for Hagrid's.  

@Retro Brick Reviews which build was that in?

On 3/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, BrickMatit said:

to see what Wizard Cards I found (I missed Silver Dumbledore and McGonagall, but after yesterday... I still miss Silver Dumbledore and McGonagall :facepalm:)

I keep getting McGonagall as a duplicate. I got my fifth one with the Hospital Wing set. :/

On 3/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, sebastian666 said:

Has anyone seen all the sets combined yet?

I haven't yet, but I could combine them and look. :P

On 3/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Alas_Earwax said:

Also with regards to the big UCS set coming. I have a theory that hasn't been mentioned yet. I wondered whether they were going to create a more accurate-minifigure scale UCS Hogwarts. Seen as fans were complaining about the grey roofs being ditched and demanding accurate sets, at that price point I genuinely thought maybe they will go back and design a large portion of Hogwarts and make it screen accurate from the outside and inside. I genuinely could see a HUGE Great Hall included in a set like that selling well, considering the 2018-2020 waves are literally waiting to retire these days. I feel this way they can sort of say "the UCS is for the adults/the green roofs are for a younger audience". I know they've done the UCS Hogwarts thing before, but I think a minifigure scale one would out-sell that in a heartbeat. Just my theory. I don't think Gringott's is likely at that price point, I also don't think casual shoppers would pay it, no matter how iconic it is to Harry Potter fans.

Someone else already suggested it btw, hence why I made the below message 2 weeks ago:

On 2/24/2022 at 6:45 PM, Salix said:

As for the D2C, I highly highly highly doubt it's gonna be a Hogwarts as that would clash with the microscale one which costed a little less and was *MICROSCALE* as well as with the Hogwarts builds from the last 4 years. As for what it would actually be, I honestly have no idea... I'd love a Gringotts with some other DA(/KA) buildings and dragon, a full decked out quidditch pitch with 4 full teams and some spectators, or a UCS Hogwarts Express with both King's Cross and Hogsmeade station. But it could be something out of left field again like the Icons set, like for instance horcruxes. What I'm kinda certain about is that the D2C will feature some kind of stand as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Edited by Salix

There are rumours of a massive Castle set to celebrate the Lego 90th anniversary - releasing in around August 2022. It seems unlikely that they will also release a new massive Hogwarts at a similar price point (rumours that the castle is ~EUR 370) at around the same time.

41 minutes ago, Lego Harry said:

There are rumours of a massive Castle set to celebrate the Lego 90th anniversary - releasing in around August 2022. It seems unlikely that they will also release a new massive Hogwarts at a similar price point (rumours that the castle is ~EUR 370) at around the same time.

Another good point to discount Hogwarts in any form as the next D2C.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, Clone OPatra said:

If any uniformed students are to come, they'd be in the two Hogwarts sets. Harry and Hermione won't be in Hogwarts uniforms in the Sirius Escape set, but the Ginny/mystery fourth figure could be, and potentially the students in Dumbledore's Office could be.

Personally I kind of doubt that they'll continue with the inaccurate Moments jumpers since they've mostly been sticking to accuracy in figure designs. The fact that last year's sets included full robes was a nice point of difference for people who have been buying the theme since 2018, but a mix would certainly be nice for people who have missed some of the jumpers.

If you're buying on the secondary market anyway, why not buy whichever you prefer? I'd go with the accurate ones without badges personally, and they never even made a Hufflepuff jumper with a badge.

I also don't think the change is really about money. The Moments sets are weird anyway, and it's a nostalgic callback to earlier on in the theme. It's not like when they update a Stormtrooper design, and now your new Stormtrooper doesn't fit in with your army of older ones. You could headcanon that some students have a housebadge on their jumper and some don't anyhow.

Thanks @Clone OPatra - I think I'll wait before buying any inflated/overpriced Hogwarts students packs - hopefully the Dumbledore's Office set will confirm whether the badges were a one-off tribute as well as if the non-badged torsos will return. It is very strange they haven't included any of the non-badged torsos in the last few waves and the new moments sets don't have the jumpers but use robes. It's all very annoying but I cannot really justify paying out for something likely to be discontinued. 

Edited by lifeinplastic

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I am trying to link all the HP minifigures to the correct movie and I am having trouble with this Hermione. If you know what movie this is from can you please let me know?  To me it almost looks like a sweater/jumper Ginny wears.

image.png.08e362489e008358aa619871d46e6613.png 

Edited by Timemaster11

@Timemaster11 That's because that ís a sweater Ginny wears. She wears it in Order of the Phoenix when the golden and silver trio goes to the Ministry of Magic.

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&DClwa-nWAAAbdMw?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ginny also wears the outfit in the original burrow from 2010.

Edited by mark1991t
extra photo and link added

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

@Timemaster11 That's because that ís a sweater Ginny wears. She wears it in Order of the Phoenix when the golden and silver trio goes to the Ministry of Magic.

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Ginny also wears the outfit in the original burrow from 2010.

Thank you, I thought it might be the case, but I wasn't sure if they had Hermione wear it at one point. They did some weird things with the costumes, Hermione wears the her striped sweater in Both PoA and OotP.

35 minutes ago, Timemaster11 said:

They did some weird things with the costumes, Hermione wears the her striped sweater in Both PoA and OotP.

I still wore the same sweaters when I was 13 and 15 (and some still fit me now). Why wouldn't Hermione?

Would've been weirder if Hermione actually did wear Ginny's sweater, but in this case it was just LEGO not designing a new torso for her for the Diagon Alley set.

3 hours ago, Timemaster11 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I am trying to link all the HP minifigures to the correct movie and I am having trouble with this Hermione. If you know what movie this is from can you please let me know?  To me it almost looks like a sweater/jumper Ginny wears.

image.png.08e362489e008358aa619871d46e6613.png 

That particular torso pulled double duty as a casual look for both Hermione and Ginny in the 2010-11 waves, and it was used on Ginny first, so it’s hardly surprising that it seems more like one of her outfits. Hermione only appeared with this torso in the 2011 Diagon Alley, and since that set didn’t even have the budget for unique Weasley twins it’s hardly surprising they had to recycle a casual torso for Hermione. 

2 hours ago, Timemaster11 said:

Thank you, I thought it might be the case, but I wasn't sure if they had Hermione wear it at one point. They did some weird things with the costumes, Hermione wears the her striped sweater in Both PoA and OotP.

I believe those are two different sweaters, just similar looking. In POA it was a hoodie with similar colored lines (with black lines running through the colored lines).

I know this is going to be said a lot going forward, but I am absolutely dying to know what the $470 set is. There... my cathartic post has satiated my need for information for at least a few minutes. :head_back:

41 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I know this is going to be said a lot going forward, but I am absolutely dying to know what the $470 set is. There... my cathartic post has satiated my need for information for at least a few minutes. :head_back:

I don't expect this but for the sake of brainstorming I will mention another theory. I think earlier in the thread we ruled out a microscale Hogwarts expansion due to the most iconic portion of the castle already being represented. However, I think if LEGO was so inclined they could pull off a microscale expansion that also has the ability to standalone with iconic elements. It would have a new portion of the castle - not the Great Hall, but still clearly Hogwarts - along with more of the grounds, Forbidden Forest, and Hogsmeade. The Quidditch pitch, Hogsmeade, the Hogwarts Express would all be immediately recognizable and iconic in miniature.

They could even add in things like the Beauxbatons Carriage and the Durmstrang ship which have been LEGO sets and microbuilds in an advent calendar. New creatures could be Buckbeak or Thestrals. They might have to repeat Hagrid's Hut or the Whomping Willow or Ford Anglia but LEGO has done stranger things.

There are also a lot of characters missing from the microfigure collection. Most notable is Hagrid although I don't know how they would represent him in microscope. But other new popular faces who have been featured as multiple minifigures could be Mad-Eye, Quirrell, Trelawney, Lockhart, Nearly Headless Nick, Sprout, Flitwick, Slughorn. Sirius and Wormtail could go along with a Shrieking Shack. Grawp could be a minifigure.

Again, I don't really think this will happen, but I do think it is plausible. Everything I have mentioned has been made in LEGO before at minifigure scale.

3 hours ago, droobles said:

I don't expect this but for the sake of brainstorming I will mention another theory. I think earlier in the thread we ruled out a microscale Hogwarts expansion due to the most iconic portion of the castle already being represented. However, I think if LEGO was so inclined they could pull off a microscale expansion that also has the ability to standalone with iconic elements. It would have a new portion of the castle - not the Great Hall, but still clearly Hogwarts - along with more of the grounds, Forbidden Forest, and Hogsmeade. The Quidditch pitch, Hogsmeade, the Hogwarts Express would all be immediately recognizable and iconic in miniature.

They could even add in things like the Beauxbatons Carriage and the Durmstrang ship which have been LEGO sets and microbuilds in an advent calendar. New creatures could be Buckbeak or Thestrals. They might have to repeat Hagrid's Hut or the Whomping Willow or Ford Anglia but LEGO has done stranger things.

There are also a lot of characters missing from the microfigure collection. Most notable is Hagrid although I don't know how they would represent him in microscope. But other new popular faces who have been featured as multiple minifigures could be Mad-Eye, Quirrell, Trelawney, Lockhart, Nearly Headless Nick, Sprout, Flitwick, Slughorn. Sirius and Wormtail could go along with a Shrieking Shack. Grawp could be a minifigure.

Again, I don't really think this will happen, but I do think it is plausible. Everything I have mentioned has been made in LEGO before at minifigure scale.

I think the main problem with that idea is that when we talk about the non-Great Hall+Grand Staircase parts of the castle not being as iconic and marketable, we aren’t talking about the interiors so much as the exteriors. The original microscale Hogwarts sold well because it featured that iconic exterior that we first saw in the original movie. There were plenty of AFOLs who skipped out on that set purely because it was microscale, but lego probably more that made up those numbers from Harry Potter fans who hadn’t thought of buying a lego set in years seeing their promo video recreating the nostalgia triggering scene from Sorcerer’s Stone and deciding they needed that. The rest of the castle though? That’s not nearly as recognizable a silhouette – in no small part because everything other than the Great Hall and main tower tended to get changed around a bit from movie to movie. The rest of the castle just isn’t enough to pull in the non-AFOL adults lego would need to sell this to in order to make it worthwhile, and adding the castle grounds and Hogsmeade wouldn’t really help - those smaller, low profile things would basically disappear next to a huge castle. 

tldr: Lego won’t make a microscale castle part two for the same reason they refused to approve the launch umbilical tower that was in scale with the already sold Saturn V set when it came up for review on Lego Ideas - there might be a small group of fans who would love it, but they’ve got a whole marketing team telling them it wouldn’t sell enough. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

tldr: Lego won’t make a microscale castle part two for the same reason they refused to approve the launch umbilical tower that was in scale with the already sold Saturn V set when it came up for review on Lego Ideas - there might be a small group of fans who would love it, but they’ve got a whole marketing team telling them it wouldn’t sell enough. 

Exactly. Moreover, selling an expensive set that requires already owning another expensive set is a horrible idea, business-wise :grin:

And nobody buys a $470 Hogwarts set with the most iconic part of the castle missing. It’s like selling a Millennium Falcon without the “mandibles” or the cockpit :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. Moreover, selling an expensive set that requires already owning another expensive set is a horrible idea, business-wise :grin:

You mean like everyone wants gringotts for finish the  diagon alley ...oh wait ... what part is the cheaper one :D

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

You mean like everyone wants gringotts for finish the  diagon alley ...oh wait ... what part is the cheaper one :D

Except those can work on their own :tongue: They’re different buildings within the same street, whereas Hogwarts is one structure.

Moreover, a lot of the DA shops are iconic on their own, whereas Hogwarts has only one truly iconic part (that being the Great Hall + Grand staircase) :classic:

I think any part of Hogwarts castle is unlikely for the D2C, could be something outside maybe, but not the castle.
I hope for DA expansion, but not as convinced as other members we will get it :tongue:

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think any part of Hogwarts castle is unlikely for the D2C, could be something outside maybe, but not the castle.
I hope for DA expansion, but not as convinced as other members we will get it :tongue:

After last year's curveball, I honestly have no idea what it will be. I have ideas though as mentioned earlier.

Just now, Salix said:

After last year's curveball, I honestly have no idea what it will be. I have ideas though as mentioned earlier.

Yes I think a curveball is most likely this year as well *huh*

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I still wore the same sweaters when I was 13 and 15 (and some still fit me now). Why wouldn't Hermione?

I'm not saying it's weird for real life, just in context of the movies, they normally don't repeat the costumes for the kids. Turns out I am wrong anyways, they are similar sweaters but not the same. What I've learned from starting at so many outfits in this series is the costume designers love stripes

13 hours ago, strangely said:

I believe those are two different sweaters, just similar looking. In POA it was a hoodie with similar colored lines (with black lines running through the colored lines).

You are correct. Different but similar sweaters