Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Did you not just have the 2x VIP points last week like we did? I thought that was usually global. Does this mean you'll get it when the GWP is active? (not envious in the least... :laugh:(I miss the calendars...)

I did, but the trunk wasn't available until March 1st.

3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I can't help thinking given how briefly last year's AP was available and how much longer the student AP was on the shelves that they'll want to go with something more generic this year, like mix and match Death Eaters or Quidditch uniforms, something that could sell in multiples. Death Eaters would be nice for the Ministry set, but at this point I think they'd need too many new prints.

Death Eaters or even Death Eaters/Dementors would be great to compliment the MoM set. I guessed Quidditch, but I suppose it's not likely without a Quidditch pitch available. If the $120 set or D2C is a Quidditch pitch, there would most likely be a Quidditch AP to fill in the teams. I guess the $120 'playset' could be a Quidditch pitch? 

Vernon never got a torso made for him,  but this new muppet cmf has a perfect match for him, down to the colour of his tie and its spots. 

rs_560x415-150624073336-560.Dursley-Fami

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by deskp

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

In roughly two weeks we should start seeing some leaked parts :excited: I guess the thestral foal will be one of the first 

Looks to me that there are fewer leaked part lately, maybe it is just because it is uninteresting parts that have leaked so I do not notice them :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Looks to me that there are fewer leaked part lately, maybe it is just because it is uninteresting parts that have leaked so I do not notice them :shrug_oh_well:

There’s been a decent number of new hair pieces that have leaked (including the lavender one we’ve all been speculating is for Tonks) as well as some new grey unprinted parts that are obviously test pieces and a couple of Thor minifigs leaked right before the sets were announced. But there are definitely fewer leaks recently. 

22 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Accessory Pack: Quidditch Players (1 from each house). 

That would be great. My picks for characters from each house would be:

Gryffindor: Katie Bell (or maybe Ginny Weasley or Cormac McClaggen)

Ravenclaw: Cho Chang (or Roger Davies)

Hufflepuff: Zacharias Smith

Slytherin: Blaise Zabini

12 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

That would be great. My picks for characters from each house would be:

Gryffindor: Katie Bell (or maybe Ginny Weasley or Cormac McClaggen)

Ravenclaw: Cho Chang (or Roger Davies)

Hufflepuff: Zacharias Smith

Slytherin: Blaise Zabini

Personally, I’d vote Angelina Johnson as the Gryffindor player if we were to ever able to miraculously get an accessory pack without Harry. But if we do get a quidditch pack it’ll probably be the first time I give in to temptation and buy multiples so I can at least build an entire Gryffindor team, so I the end it doesn’t really matter who we get (just that there’s a range of ages so we get different leg lengths). 

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally, I’d vote Angelina Johnson as the Gryffindor player if we were to ever able to miraculously get an accessory pack without Harry. But if we do get a quidditch pack it’ll probably be the first time I give in to temptation and buy multiples so I can at least build an entire Gryffindor team, so I the end it doesn’t really matter who we get (just that there’s a range of ages so we get different leg lengths). 

Good choice really. I mainly thought Katie, Ginny or Cormac as they're prominent in Half Blood Prince.

So is Blaise Zabini in Slytherin as he is in potions in HBP and in that scene where Draco's talking to his mates on the Hogwarts Express.

But yeah Angelina's a pretty big side character in the books, shame she's only named in the film when Fred asks her to the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

But yeah Angelina's a pretty big side character in the books, shame she's only named in the film when Fred asks her to the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire.

Yeah, Angelina is one of my favorite minor characters, she’s got a lot of personality for such a small role in the books. And she actually does get a name drop during Lee Jordan’s announcing in the first movie too if I recall. Sadly, Lee’s commentary does not make into later movies, so we miss out on McGonagall having to tell him off for bemoaning the fact that Angelina won’t go out with him mid-match :snicker: 

9 hours ago, krimimimi said:

We had the word "icons" a little earlier in the year, but beyond Dobby's sock, we didn't really have much idea what it (likely) meant. "Diagon Alley" we didn't know about until August of that year, but it was obviously more revealing. Those are only two data points and I don't know if they're sufficient to draw conclusions from, but that's what we have. Perhaps it's cynical, but I don't expect to learn anything of value until shortly beforehand. The nature of D2Cs allows them to keep things tidily under wraps. 

Thank you

Hi all,

I decided to take a break after the summer set wave released which was definitely quite a mixed bag though the sets pleasantly surprised me more times than not.

Any news on the $470 set and what it'll be? Some people have been speculating Gringotts but that seems like way too much for Gringotts to me. 

1 minute ago, bluedog1111 said:

Hi all,

I decided to take a break after the summer set wave released which was definitely quite a mixed bag though the sets pleasantly surprised me more times than not.

Any news on the $470 set and what it'll be? Some people have been speculating Gringotts but that seems like way too much for Gringotts to me. 

No information other than the price. It could be a Diagon Alley pt. 2 with Gringott's. It's also been suggested that it could be a motorized Hogwarts express. Or perhaps a quiddich stadium. Could also be something obscure like the micro scale castle or the icons set were, just it's own thing. I'd say most people are expecting it to be Diagon Alley pt. 2 from what I've seen being said.

I can actually see it being some weird microscale thing I just don't see them making a diagon alley expansion $70 more than the first one with the only iconic (IMO) building left to carry it gringotts I see gringotts in the $200-300 price range at most. :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Probably another DA set with a large 32x32 Gringotts, two more shops, and the brick wall out in front of it all.

19 hours ago, deskp said:

Vernon never got a torso made for him,  but this new muppet cmf has a perfect match for him, down to the colour of his tie and its spots. 

Such a good observation!! 

For those who bought and built the Hogwarts Hospital Wing, can I ask: do you guys think it is weird they used different pieces to represent the hands of the clock (versus the Clock Tower set from 2019)? I’m curious if anyone can figure out why they would use a piece with two ends with clips as the minute hand.

1 hour ago, joeee said:

For those who bought and built the Hogwarts Hospital Wing, can I ask: do you guys think it is weird they used different pieces to represent the hands of the clock (versus the Clock Tower set from 2019)? I’m curious if anyone can figure out why they would use a piece with two ends with clips as the minute hand.

Honestly? I think they just didn't feel like including a full set of tools just to make the clock hands, so they came up with this other solution.

How likely is it that they will go for a new Hogwarts style in 2024? (Don’t take out your pitchforks please :look:) Asking because the first one lasted 3 years. 

Gotta say, the hospital wing’s style looks a little inconsistent with last year’s sets, meaning it probably already changed. Looking forward to those summer sets.

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

How likely is it that they will go for a new Hogwarts style in 2024? (Don’t take out your pitchforks please :look:) Asking because the first one lasted 3 years. 

Gotta say, the hospital wing’s style looks a little inconsistent with last year’s sets, meaning it probably already changed. Looking forward to those summer sets.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think by that time they should have stopped or at least slowed down making Hogwarts expansions and instead release a new system every 5-ish years and just kept them on shelves until it was time to go, I think that 5 years into this theme, the Hogwarts expansions are getting quite dry, it is not to say that their bad, it just feels like we get the same thing every time with the newer sets just with a different price point or Minifigures, of course one of the new features of the new system is its modularity and how customizable it is, but all of the rooms and corridors look the same! yes, the old system had a similar problem, but with those you could at least tell the difference between the clock tower and the great hall from the outside, but with the new system is no individuality In the sets except when it comes to the mini-figures, don't get me wrong I like the new system but its more focused towards the younger audience than the TFOLS/AFOLS like the old system used, anyways thanks for coming to my ted talk! 

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Last year's sets already look inconsistent with each other IMO, which I don't want to get into too much because I feel like we've talked it to death, but at the same time, it is what it is.

The only really consistent thing is that they are built on 8x8 or 8x16 modules, that are also of uniform heights, and that they use the grill plates for 8x8 floors (oh besides the Quidditch Lesson with one different section). Apart from that, it's a real smorgasbord of builds. What's more, only the Chamber of Secrets and Forbidden Corridor have rocky bases, so part of the castle is elevated on rocks while the rest isn't I guess.

Still, I think it's a valid question. If they were already keen to produce a new Great Hall play model in the fourth year of the theme, they'll surely go for another one before too long, justifying yet another iteration of Hogwarts builds.

22 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Hi all,

While definitely expensive I could still see it. Thats only $70 more than the original. if Gringotts was like two buildings worth, plus another building or two like others have said, or one extra building and a dragon, I could see that price. If it was an expansion at that price, it would have to be amazing!

38 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

anyways thanks for coming to my ted talk! 

I appreciate your ted talk. I wouldn’t be too bummed about them slowing down on Hogwarts builds since I can somewhat agree with what you say.

36 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Last year's sets already look inconsistent with each other IMO, which I don't want to get into too much because I feel like we've talked it to death, but at the same time, it is what it is.

Perhaps the next iteration will have the best aspects of the previous 2 (or I wish) I was going to say that we might be surprised by the summer sets but I don’t expect them to be too different from the Hospital Wing, which I don’t adore for talked-to-death reasons.

I dream of an even better line than 2018-2020 (:pir-laugh:). We could have packed interiors without sacrificing the exterior aesthetic, perhaps by not needing to cover every side of every module, and leaving some gaps where possible (a la 2000’s/2021-2022) A mature color palette that doesn’t look boring (the astronomy tower’s palette looked great to me) And lastly, I’m going to sound insufferably picky because I probably am, but more mature looking face designs :look:. And I am not even talking about the exhausted kiddy face topic. 

I’m probably the oddball here, but I absolutely adore the style they used for 2007 Harry, Snape and Umbridge :wub: (although this one didn’t have Imelda’s likeness) I even adore many of the 2010 designs such as Ron, Narcissa, Snape again, Hooch!, Bellatrix.. ugh. You get the drill. I think it’s the space between the eyes and mouth, the more stylized mouths, more stylized eyes, etc. We have many accurate minifigs in this new reboot but this is something that nags me a bit, but it all depends on the designer’s style really. One can only wish :cry_happy:

On 3/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, deskp said:

rs_560x415-150624073336-560.Dursley-Fami

maxresdefault.jpg

Uncle Vernon could be in a D2C Hogwarts Express on Platform 9 3/4. This is the only set I can place him in…he wouldn’t be in Grimmauld place, the Durmstrang ship, a Quidditch pitch, Gringotts, or anywhere in DA and we just got Privet Drive. I don’t think he would be in an accessory pack or poly bag either. Can anyone think of a set he could be in this year other than the Hogwarts Express? Of course, they could save him for another year.

Any idea when we will know more about the $120 set? I know the official photos won’t come for some time, but I want more than ‘playset’ :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

smorgasbord

I find it funny that you use this expression,suddenly a Swedish word among all the English ones :grin: Was not aware it was a international saying until you used it, but it i rather fitting :wink:

3 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

I'm sorry to say this, but I think by that time they should have stopped or at least slowed down making Hogwarts expansions and instead release a new system every 5-ish years and just kept them on shelves until it was time to go, I think that 5 years into this theme, the Hogwarts expansions are getting quite dry, it is not to say that their bad, it just feels like we get the same thing every time with the newer sets just with a different price point or Minifigures, of course one of the new features of the new system is its modularity and how customizable it is, but all of the rooms and corridors look the same! yes, the old system had a similar problem, but with those you could at least tell the difference between the clock tower and the great hall from the outside, but with the new system is no individuality In the sets except when it comes to the mini-figures, don't get me wrong I like the new system but its more focused towards the younger audience than the TFOLS/AFOLS like the old system used, anyways thanks for coming to my ted talk! 

They will make them as long as they sell, just look at the yearly City police station or 20 year of SW sets:wink: