Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In any case, while Grimmauld Place is my single most wanted HP set of all time, I don't think we'll get it this wave. They're already doing the Shrieking Shack, and both exclusives being big houses heavily associated with Sirius Black seems unlikely. My money's on this finally being the Durmstrang Ship remake (not with the 2nd Task, that would sell better as a separate set down the line).

I also think it is a Durmstrang ship. Given the popularlity of Modulars, and that they are two modulars have been made in Marvel sets, I can definitely see a $200 Grimmauld Place set being very popular with non HP fans. Add the Christmas element and boom - instant money machine. $120 probably can't do it justice and would be at best a dollhouse-style set. 

47 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In any case, while Grimmauld Place is my single most wanted HP set of all time, I don't think we'll get it this wave. They're already doing the Shrieking Shack, and both exclusives being big houses heavily associated with Sirius Black seems unlikely. My money's on this finally being the Durmstrang Ship remake (not with the 2nd Task, that would sell better as a separate set down the line).

Not only is the Shrieking Shack (a dilapidated old house associated with Sirius Black) being released in the Harry Potter theme this year, but apparently the Marvel theme is releasing a modular style Sanctum Sanctorum (an unusual townhouse in a major city that acts as the headquarters for a secret society of magic users) for Doctor Strange 2. That’s two sets with an awful lot of overlap with Grimmauld Place coming out this year, and I’m not sure a $120 Grimmauld would be able to compete with either of them. Here’s hoping that all of us talking about it will convince lego they can sell us a proper modular style Grimmauld next year though, Marvel is hardly the only theme that could utilize that format. 

18 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I also think it is a Durmstrang ship. Given the popularlity of Modulars, and that they are two modulars have been made in Marvel sets, I can definitely see a $200 Grimmauld Place set being very popular with non HP fans. Add the Christmas element and boom - instant money machine. $120 probably can't do it justice and would be at best a dollhouse-style set. 

It depends how LEGO would make the set. They could definitely go with a "Lockwood Manor" type set for it, or they could go full modular. In any case, I would expect that they would make it in a nicer style to accommodate those would want to switch it to modular style if so desired, but we'll see. 

I'm not quite sure how a 12 Grimmauld set could really work tbh. No matter what you do you're probably going to end up with the sides being pretty empty/weak.

Weird take, but I could almost image one of the moments book sets as a 12 Grimmauld set:

You could have one side representing the kitchen with fireplace and table, then the other as the room with the tapestry (as one of the sticker sections). Then for minifigs you can have Sirius, Harry and someone else: Tonks, Mrs Weasley, Ginny.

It's interesting to hear everyone discussing Grimmauld Place. I can imagine it as a set quite vividly. The third floor would probably be the bedroom Harry and Ron sleep in in OoTP, the second floor would be the tapestry room and the ground floor would be the kitchen/dining room. I would also love to see it having a pull-out staircase (in the style of Ollivanders), like @krimimimi suggested. For figures I imagine Harry, Tonks, Sirius, Mrs Weasley and Kreacher (and probably some combination of Lupin, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Mr Weasley, Dobby?). I wouldn't care about the exterior having a pull-out feature, but I think it could be possible somehow. Perhaps there could be a fold-out portion on hinges that hides behind the main building, and then can be fully extended. I always had a vivid memory of Mrs Black's portrait being in the movie until just a couple of years ago, and I realise I was probably just thinking of the Lego video game for the visual representation. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

It's interesting to hear everyone discussing Grimmauld Place. I can imagine it as a set quite vividly. The third floor would probably be the bedroom Harry and Ron sleep in in OoTP, the second floor would be the tapestry room and the ground floor would be the kitchen/dining room. I would also love to see it having a pull-out staircase (in the style of Ollivanders), like @krimimimi suggested. For figures I imagine Harry, Tonks, Sirius, Mrs Weasley and Kreacher (and probably some combination of Lupin, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, Mr Weasley, Dobby?). I wouldn't care about the exterior having a pull-out feature, but I think it could be possible somehow. Perhaps there could be a fold-out portion on hinges that hides behind the main building, and then can be fully extended. I always had a vivid memory of Mrs Black's portrait being in the movie until just a couple of years ago, and I realise I was probably just thinking of the Lego video game for the visual representation. 

I envisioned something incredibly simiIlar. I thought it could be done with a simple sliding facade in between the 2 Grimmauld front at the front sidewalk. 

I pictured it with RB's room, the room the gang stays in on the 3rd floor, a staircase to reenact the listening scene, 2nd floor would be a tapestry room and the staircase landing for a portrait for Kreacher to clean, and then the hallway and kitchen on the ground floor. The back would open like the Home Alone set. 

The scene would enact a Christmas scene and be as "festive" as can be. 

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

One of the things I liked about the Burrow set was the way it sort of unfolded into rooms, incorporating the display area into the tableau despite a relatively small footprint of its own. I picture Grimmauld doing something similar, the stairs swinging out, the table placed in the area beside it in the same way the living room in the Burrow could be removed  from the set for play. (I loved the way they stashed everything in the set for storage, too. No lost parts.) The kids could lurk on the stairs with their Extendable Ears as the adults had their super secret meetings, their dungbombs at the ready to check for Imperturbables...

I've been looking forward to seeing the Black family tree in lego format for years now. (Was that in video game too?)

And as @Prometheus87 said: festive. I'll skip the quotes, because it would be nice to see some cheer, and I'm sure they can do better than a single wreath if they try... :wink:

We could also get a Malfoy Manor, if they are indeed doing some DH related sets. We need something for moldy Voldy to come in - gotta have the main bad guy in some of the set, a Manor could be that.

Edited by Childe_Roland

Any speculations on what new moulds for HP we will get this year?

So far we have Pomfrey’s perfectly executed headdress.  Also we are expecting a Thestral foal as a new mould in the cheapest set this year. 

LEGO is at the stage now where they are reaping the reward of all the mould investment so far (wands, new hagrid, new hat/hair for reoccurring teachers, snitch, sorting hat, sward, new Buckbeak and Thestral etc), so we can expect more sets without new moulds (for example the two moments books & trunk this year) and also the mould budget they do have could go into more obscure/ single use examples because they already have so much of the essentials covered…

Unless Ginny is a placeholder for Professor Vector I’m not expecting a new mould in the Sirius Black Rescue Hogwarts module.
However I am expecting a new mould for the werewolf head in the SS! Any other ideas on what to expect from what we know?

Edited by Bugbot20082

47 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

so we can expect more sets without new moulds (for example the two moments books & trunk this year) 

Some of the examples you mentioned share the new trunk top mould for the classic treasure chest base. But I agree with what you mean.

Besides a new werewolf head or multiple werewolf parts, we could see a Grim and a proper mould shared for Mrs Norris and Crookshanks.

3 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I’m not holding my breath, but a while back I predicted we would get a new Fawkes mold in 2022 with the famous phoenix featuring outstretched wings. I am still hopeful that we will get this new mould in the upcoming Dumbledore’s office set. This would be a perfect tie-in to last year’s Chamber of Secrets set, which this set is designed to connect to.

Legoleaks on Instagram - pictures of blue transparent plastic encasements - potentially of use for 2nd task merpeoples' prisoners?

10 minutes ago, Lego Harry said:

Legoleaks on Instagram - pictures of blue transparent plastic encasements - potentially of use for 2nd task merpeoples' prisoners?

I think those are meant for an upcoming LEGO Star Wars set that includes “Force Ghosts”. That’s not to say they couldn’t be repurposed for the 2nd task, but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It depends how LEGO would make the set. They could definitely go with a "Lockwood Manor" type set for it, or they could go full modular. In any case, I would expect that they would make it in a nicer style to accommodate those would want to switch it to modular style if so desired, but we'll see. 

Am I the only one that would prefer a slightly smaller Lockwood Manor style for Grimmauld Place, or smaller? Everything so far (besides perhaps DA) feels like it's in a consistent scale when displayed together, and having Grimmauld place as large as a modular would throw off the balance.

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I think those are meant for an upcoming LEGO Star Wars set that includes “Force Ghosts”. That’s not to say they couldn’t be repurposed for the 2nd task, but I doubt it.

They would be perfect for Avatar Aang in the ice...although, Appa would not fit :iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The fact that we didn't get sets for this is still absolutely beyond me...

Me too! I thought the buildable creature was going to be a niffler for sure! I also thought we would get a small set with young Dumbledore, but small sets are not really in the bricks for HP this year :cry_happy: 

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m not holding my breath, but a while back I predicted we would get a new Fawkes mold in 2022 with the famous phoenix featuring outstretched wings. I am still hopeful that we will get this new mould in the upcoming Dumbledore’s office set. This would be a perfect tie-in to last year’s Chamber of Secrets set, which this set is designed to connect to.

I was thinking of a baby Fawkes, as LEGO is doing baby animals this year in City and we are getting a baby Thestral too.

24bfa30912b9650697d8beb706401ad2dd753164

The fact that we didn't get sets for this is still absolutely beyond me..

Given that the last sets didn't seem to sell super well, it makes sense, but having seen that trailer, it is a bit of a shame that we aren't seeing any more sets. I guess we could view the new Dumbledore' office as a sort of bridge set, since it's appearing in both franchises? 

The fact that we didn't get sets for this is still absolutely beyond me...

That trailer looks great. I am happy to see there is no delay to its release, and that the author and creator's name, JK Rowling, is included this time. I'm excited to watch this movie. :pir-thumb:

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

My guess is that because Lego knew that the outside-Hogwarts sets would require new moulds this time, they decided to focus on sections of Hogwarts that weren't covering new ground/new characters, and so wouldn't require any new moulds in them. I expect to see a new werewolf head, a new Grim dog, the baby Thestral (confirmed), and perhaps a Kreacher head or Mermaid/Krum Shark depending on the still-secret set? Would Yaxley need a new hairpiece, though? Although, many of the sets this year have higher price-to-piece ratios than usual, so maybe we'll see more new moulds than usual? I believe summer 2021 had 4 (Hermione's cat head, Fluffy's head, Basilisk's head and Pixie), summer 2020 had 3 (Otter, Hare and flying Hedwig) and summer 2019 had 3 (Buckbeak, Stag and Beauxbaton's hat/hair). Did I miss any? The past couple of years show they don't mind prioritising new creature elements.

Just a friendly reminder, which the moderators have reminded us of time and time again - this is a LEGO forum, not a platform to share personal opinions on authors, human rights, or geopolitics. This appears to be a more difficult concept for some to grasp then others, but I encourage the reasonable folks among us not to take the bait. There is a ton of new LEGO Harry Potter related content for us to discuss and debate. Let’s not allow ourselves to be distracted.

1 hour ago, mark1991t said:

I was thinking of a baby Fawkes, as LEGO is doing baby animals this year in City and we are getting a baby Thestral too.

24bfa30912b9650697d8beb706401ad2dd753164

Love this idea, but would we need a new mould for baby Fawkes? There’s already a baby bird mould if I’m not mistaken. I’d be happy with a baby Fawkes, but I’m still hoping for an outstretched wings version.

51 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Just a friendly reminder, which the moderators have reminded us of time and time again - this is a LEGO forum, not a platform to share personal opinions on authors, human rights, or geopolitics. This appears to be a more difficult concept for some to grasp then others, but I encourage the reasonable folks among us not to take the bait. There is a ton of new LEGO Harry Potter related content for us to discuss and debate. Let’s not allow ourselves to be distracted.

The reasonable folks where
https://imgur.com/a/8xpLwom

Otherwise, yeah, you’re exactly right, and we did sort of just have this conversation, right?

On the subject of Grimmauld place, I think the best solution would be one that has a neat function that actually is useful, like you can have it set up with 1 building or 3 buildings for space, kind of like that famous micro scale one.

Edited by Brickroll

I hope Amazon puts the new sets up at midnight. I have £25 in vouchers/credit to spend, so I was going to buy DADA Moments. And then I'll get Divination and Hospital Wing from the Lego Store tomorrow. I will wait for the Trunk. What is everyone else planning to buy tomorrow?

Also, there was a new TV show on yesterday night in the UK (and its airing internationally soon) where Stephen Fry travels the world showing the real-life inspiration for the fantastic beasts in HP/FB, and he even interviews JK herself. It was fantastic. It was particularly interesting to hear about the underwater creatures. I really want a Grindylow and a printed baby Grindylow in a jar in LEGO. :pir-yoda:

Edited by BrickFunatic

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Some of the examples you mentioned share the new trunk top mould for the classic treasure chest base. But I agree with what you mean.

Besides a new werewolf head or multiple werewolf parts, we could see a Grim and a proper mould shared for Mrs Norris and Crookshanks.

Ah yes I forgot the trunk!

It’s tricky factoring in where the budget for moulds like that come from given it’s versatile enough to be used in city, Minecraft etc in the future

Like the new 4x4 tops of the bottles in the icons set bing subsequently used for the engine turbines for a Starwars starfighter, and the new lantern and candles introduced in 2018 appearing everywhere since… it’s hard to account it to one theme 

15 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Also, there was a new TV show on yesterday night in the UK (and its airing internationally soon) where Stephen Fry travels the world showing the real-life inspiration for the fantastic beasts in HP/FB, and he even interviews JK herself. It was fantastic. It was particularly interesting to hear about the underwater creatures. I really want a Grindylow and a printed baby Grindylow in a jar in LEGO. :pir-yoda:

Ugh. Jealous. That special isn’t going to be available in the US until April, and that’s only on HBO Max so who knows when/if it will air somewhere that isn’t behind a paywall. Here’s hoping it will eventually come out on DVD. 

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Ugh. Jealous. That special isn’t going to be available in the US until April, and that’s only on HBO Max so who knows when/if it will air somewhere that isn’t behind a paywall. Here’s hoping it will eventually come out on DVD. 

Aw, I'm sorry. I hope you get to see it soon. It was really good. I also hope all the specials will get a DVD release.