Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

We’re not 100% sure the MoM is DH yet…

Right, this is something we have always to remember to avoid big disappointment :wink:

29 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

The Foundation of Magical Brethren is in OotP, not DH.

I think that characters are more relevant than buildings particulars on defining the set references. Just as an example, there's no doubt that the Chamber of Secrets set is based on CoS movie, anyway LEGO put Dumbledore's Golden Owl Lectern inside the Great Hall, but this element only appears from PoA movie. So I won't find strange LEGO putting the The Fountain of Magical Brethren even in a DH based set.

At the moment I think that we have hints that could suggest both an OotP reference and a DH reference. The only certain thing is the fact it's the Ministry of Magic.

4 hours ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

We’re not 100% sure the MoM is DH yet…

The Foundation of Magical Brethren is in OotP, not DH. So, either TLG thought the Magic is Might statue would be too dark, or it’s OotP.

It's important to remember that it is very likely that all the information we're getting on these sets has been gleaned from preliminary or early images, not finalized product pics. For all we know, the inclusion of a gold minifigure statue is just a placeholder - after all, a single minifigure would be a very poor representation of the Fountain of Magical Bretheren, but correct for the "Magic is Might" statue.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It's important to remember that it is very likely that all the information we're getting on these sets has been gleaned from preliminary or early images, not finalized product pics. For all we know, the inclusion of a gold minifigure statue is just a placeholder - after all, a single minifigure would be a very poor representation of the Fountain of Magical Bretheren, but correct for the "Magic is Might" statue.

If it is a placeholder, I'd imagine it's the one from the 2019 advent calendar. 

6 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I agree with you.

It's somehow interesting seeing how many believed and believes even now that LEGO (and Marcos) was categorically against DH sets!

This is the original Marcos quote taken from Brickfanatics (bolds are mine):

It’s definitely not to say we won’t cover the later movies at some point, but they do tend to be aimed at a higher age, which is why we target the first few movies,” he said. “Our overall values are more in line with the first movies where there’s more magic, and the universal theme of a wizarding school is more in line with our values. I definitely think we’re creative enough to sneak in things here and there, so who’s to say what will come in the future?”

It's definitely not to say... tend to be... more in line... there's nothing definitive in this statement. Of course, we can likely suppose we will have more set based on the former movies and won't see a full DH wave of sets and we won't see sets like Malfoy Manor with Burbage killed or Hermione tortured or Snape killed (the same way we hadn't Cedric in the Voldemort Arise set or Dumbledore in the Astronomy Tower one), but maybe Reg Cattermole in underwear and Gringott's Dragon yes.

I think what you gotta remember with Lego's statement about Deathly Hallows and Gringotts is as a company they say NOTHING about future releases and never comment on speculation or rumours at any point.

None of the designers will tease Deathly Hallows sets so by saying they probably won't do them gives no information on upcoming product launches is what Lego wants to do with PR so I guess it works for them by doing it this way. Same with Gringotts really, they won't ever really say it's on the table or we're going to do it but instead they'll just say it's not in the works as saying much else would provide huge speculation for future sets or waves which isn't what Lego want's at all.

With that said I wouldn't personally read too much into all the designer interviews they do as more often than not they are trying hard to give no hints for upcoming launches.

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

they say NOTHING about future releases and never comment on speculation or rumours at any point

8 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I wouldn't personally read too much into all the designer interviews they do as more often than not they are trying hard to give no hints for upcoming launches.

I totally agree. In fact I read that statement nor as a confirm that we will have DH sets in the future neither that we won't have.

A company has its own strategy and it's logical that it doesn't want to reveal its cards in advance.

Got some of the march sets today. Built theTrunk and the "Clock Tower" so far.

Thoughts on them:

The Clock Tower is actually quite a nice building to look at and is a vast improvement on some of the ugly sets they gave us last year. The build is a bit repetitive and the little half roofs leave it looking a bit unfinished. It doesn't look like the source material but I think those days are gone now. I like the hinge sides, it add some variety to it and opens it up for playability. The clock turning mechanics works well and I like all the cogs, feels like the movie scene. The best part of getting the new set was the figures and the new accessories. Tiny skull head is adorable in a disturbing way. Love the new trunk top and its nice to get the flying owl in a new colour and print. Wish the bean box has more sides printed, has lego ever printed four sides of a brick? Pomfrey figure is great and the hat hair piece is fab. The trio variants are nice but they really don't feel that new as we have these outfits before minus the dirt and damage.  Its a nice set that feels like its missing half of it that would fit under what we got but I suppose that's what the new system is. 

The Trunk set is a nice build but i feel it looks better in the pictures than it does in reality. The back of the case is the shelves and cupboards all lined up to seal the case and its not pretty to look at. The curve of the front made from the house colours is not repeated on the back and it looks like you have chopped a trunk in half. It's a lot smaller that i thought it wast too and  I think I preferred the fantastic beasts case better. The highlight is the new torsos and all the skin colours. Its worth it just for the new head colours. The stickers are really nice too and not too cartoonish. I feel you could use some of the big case stickers for signs in Diagon alley and Hogsmeade and the banner stickers and floating candles with the windows would work with the great hall set.  If you are not that fussed about all the new face colours and prints I'd say you could skip this. 

I did get divinations class book but I haven't built that yet. I'm not mad on these. I build them and then they get put in a display case never to be touched again. I'll take the figures out and use them in my mocs.

Anyway hope this was of use to someone. 

3 hours ago, Micmac said:

Thoughts on them:

The Clock Tower is actually quite a nice building to look at and is a vast improvement on some of the ugly sets they gave us last year. The build is a bit repetitive and the little half roofs leave it looking a bit unfinished. It doesn't look like the source material but I think those days are gone now. I like the hinge sides, it add some variety to it and opens it up for playability. The clock turning mechanics works well and I like all the cogs, feels like the movie scene. The best part of getting the new set was the figures and the new accessories. Tiny skull head is adorable in a disturbing way. Love the new trunk top and its nice to get the flying owl in a new colour and print. Wish the bean box has more sides printed, has lego ever printed four sides of a brick? Pomfrey figure is great and the hat hair piece is fab. The trio variants are nice but they really don't feel that new as we have these outfits before minus the dirt and damage.  Its a nice set that feels like its missing half of it that would fit under what we got but I suppose that's what the new system is. 

The Trunk set is a nice build but i feel it looks better in the pictures than it does in reality. The back of the case is the shelves and cupboards all lined up to seal the case and its not pretty to look at. The curve of the front made from the house colours is not repeated on the back and it looks like you have chopped a trunk in half. It's a lot smaller that i thought it wast too and  I think I preferred the fantastic beasts case better. The highlight is the new torsos and all the skin colours. Its worth it just for the new head colours. The stickers are really nice too and not too cartoonish. I feel you could use some of the big case stickers for signs in Diagon alley and Hogsmeade and the banner stickers and floating candles with the windows would work with the great hall set.  If you are not that fussed about all the new face colours and prints I'd say you could skip this. 

I did get divinations class book but I haven't built that yet. I'm not mad on these. I build them and then they get put in a display case never to be touched again. I'll take the figures out and use them in my mocs.

Big use to me thank you for the short and sweet review. Reaffirmed that Clock Tower and the Trunk will be a case of BrickLinking the minifigs and parts I want to save a few quid. 

I will probably pick up the books come sale season, just because they are a bit cheaper anyway and come with good stickers.

_

7 hours ago, Micmac said:

Thoughts on them:

Thank you for the reviews. I never Bricklink figures straight from sets, so I plan on getting the Trunk - all those new minifigure prints are worth the price of admission alone, and all the accessories certainly don't hurt. It's unfortunate to hear that the build is apparently only finished around the sides shown in advertising, but I was planning on displaying it like on the box anyway.

I'm a big fan of the Hospital Wing honestly. Easy buy, even if the new trio variants will probably reappear in the Shrieking Shack (though, thinking about it, maybe the SS Hermione will have the Time Turner printed on the torso again but with the new dirt and scratch marks - VARIETY.)

I have no plans to buy either of the Moments books: I got all 4 last year, and aside from the loose handful of good minifigures I pretty much regret it entirely.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Since this thread has been so busy, I haven't kept up with EVERY topic. But I did notice Walmart here had the new HP sets out early. I looked at the box and the hospital wing has the Wizard frog tiles like the anniversary sets. Are these new or just more of the same from last year? I assumed it was finished since it isn't the anniversary year again.

Theyre the same. Looks like those weren't specifically for the anniversary, and are just going to be a part of all HP sets from now on.

Not entirely on the topic of current discussion, but I've created a LEGO Ideas project, based on the classic Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory movie. I've written a full thread on it (linked below), and I'd really appreciate if you could take a look and, if you like it, go over to the LEGO Ideas site and support!

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:d52c3c68543c4e3ea066d5dc0f8c44ae

(P.S.: The project does feature a handful of prints and pieces from the current LEGO HP run, so it is tangentially related to the topic of this forum.)

Finally caught up with thread again. The summer wave sounds great. It's great to hear we're potentially finally getting a DH set with the MoM set. Although it could be a case of one set for multiple movies. The carriage set sounds awesome, great scene. Sirius's Escape and Shrieking Shack sound cool too. Dumbledore's Office sounds interesting, I'm wondering why Ginny is included, but the explanation of having the common room makes sense. I'm apparently also in the minority of people that didn't hate the Hungarian Horntail, but I'm looking forward to the new set featuring it.

As for the D2C, I highly highly highly doubt it's gonna be a Hogwarts as that would clash with the microscale one which costed a little less and was *MICROSCALE* as well as with the Hogwarts builds from the last 4 years. As for what it would actually be, I honestly have no idea... I'd love a Gringotts with some other DA(/KA) buildings and dragon, a full decked out quidditch pitch with 4 full teams and some spectators, or a UCS Hogwarts Express with both King's Cross and Hogsmeade station. But it could be something out of left field again like the Icons set, like for instance horcruxes. What I'm kinda certain about is that the D2C will feature some kind of stand as was pointed out earlier in the thread.

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

Yikes. This so going to get cancelled isn’t it.

What? No.

It's because the film focuses on a wizard war, so they thought better not to release it today.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What? No.

It's because the film focuses on a wizard war, so they thought better not to release it today.

Oooh. Wow weird logic but Ok. 🤣

25 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Oooh. Wow weird logic but Ok. 🤣

Yes, very weird logic to not post the trailer for a film making light of the second World War on the same day as the largest hostile invasion in Europe since the second World War. No idea why they'd make that choice.

As excited as I was to see the Fantastic Beasts trailer today - and maybe even get some clues to the possible FB LEGO set that I predict will be in the $120 slot - I think the decision to hold off on releasing the trailer today was the right one.

Deleted - thanks moderators 

Edited by sebastian666

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

FB LEGO set that I predict will be in the $120 slot

The previous two FB sets seem to have underperformed despite being small and affordable, so I don’t think a $120 set based on SoD is particularly likely :shrug_oh_well:Maybe I’m underestimating the chances here, but I’d be very surprised if there’s anything beyond a Brickheadz pack.

Weird that we even have this discussion in the first place :grin: A new film getting released and TLG ignoring it in favour of sets based on older content within the franchise has rarely ever happened before. The only other offender is arguably DC as of late :tongue:

FB releases April 15 so we won’t have to wait much longer :classic: I’m really looking  forward to the film! I hope they eventually do more films from the Wizarding World. Personally, I would like to see a film about the Marauders when they were in school and became animagus’. A film about the founders of Hogwarts when Slytherin split from the school would be cool as well. 

Do we think the unknown playset is more likely to be a part of the June wave, or release later in the year? 

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The previous two FB sets seem to have underperformed despite being small and affordable, so I don’t think a $120 set based on SoD is particularly likely :shrug_oh_well:Maybe I’m underestimating the chances here, but I’d be very surprised if there’s anything beyond a Brickheadz pack.

Weird that we even have this discussion in the first place :grin: A new film getting released and TLG ignoring it in favour of sets based on older content within the franchise has rarely ever happened before. The only other offender is arguably DC as of late :tongue:

The Wizarding World franchise is in this really interesting place where it seems like they are simply using the new content that is being produced to reignite fans’ love for the original films and boost sales of merchandise that is based on those original films.

They opened an entire Wizarding World store in Manhattan last year I still haven’t seen any Fantastic Beasts merchandise in it - LEGO or otherwise. I don’t understand it. I assume it’s because the movies are targeted to adult fans of Harry Potter and the content is not very kid friendly. Still, I can’t think of any other major movie franchise that operates this way. Look at Jurassic World or Star Wars.

The silver lining is that I hope LEGO treats the new Lord of the Rings series the same way - uses the new content as a vehicle to reignite fans’ love of LOTR and rolls out all new LOTR sets based on the original films.

16 minutes ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Do we think the unknown playset is more likely to be a part of the June wave, or release later in the year? 

The lack of piece count and set name means it’s almost certainly a retailer exclusive, and in previous years those have always come out at the same time as the rest of the sets in the same leaked number group have. The Fantastic Beasts sets in 2018 and the Rise of Voldemort and Beauxbatons Carriage sets in 2019 both came out in mini August waves, but we always knew the FB sets were separate that year and the 2019 set numbers were leaked separately from the rest at a later time. We’ve known 76408 is a Harry Potter set since the set numbers all leaked together, so it’s safe to say it will come out at the same time as the others – and any retailer that arranges to sell a set exclusively is going to want it to become available at the same time as all the other sets. 

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I remember a decade ago when LEGO announced the CUUSOO Back to the Future set, and it was seen as crazy that they were doing a single set based on a decades-old movie.

Nowadays we can't get sets on new blockbuster movies, but we get big waves for films from 20 years ago. How things change...

On 2/23/2022 at 2:24 AM, Textorix said:

That or maybe Indy could replace this theme.

Promobricks is going to reveal something big today, it isn’t HP related right?

We’re getting Indy anyway

I found all the March HP sets early at Walmart, bought them all, and now I’m building. Currently building the Hospital wing and my goodness this new Modular Hogwarts system is the most boring, monotonous, tedious, repetitive building style. It’s so bad. What a dull build. I had forgotten from last year’s sets how bad these builds are