Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This makes me even more mad we didn't get any sets for this. Look at all those characters! It had a lot of potential...

Honestly, i would have loved to get more FB sets!

but realistically speaking, just a couple of weeks ago my country’s toys r us website, was still doing huge discounts on the thestral carriage, and other stores still have the newts chest… while the HP sets that have retired qre nowhere to be seen… so if this was a global situation, i totally get lego not wanting to make more sets :/

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

But where is Queenie and Tina?? 😭

Queenie's in Grindelwald's gang now

Harry Potter really struck gold with having likeable actors (except from a handful in No.4). I really dislike most of the cast of FB except the main 4, the American Minister, Leta, Bunty and the CGI characters. I also like Credence as a character. Leta's brother, Newt's brother and Dumbeldore's brother are so unlikeable. :jollyroger: And now Tina won't even be in it. I hate to say it but I think No.1 should have been a standalone film, and they should have recaptured the nostalgia of Hogwarts with a HP9 or a different story altogether. 

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Harry Potter really struck gold with having likeable actors (except from a handful in No.4). I really dislike most of the cast of FB except the main 4, the American Minister, Leta, Bunty and the CGI characters. I also like Credence as a character. Leta's brother, Newt's brother and Dumbeldore's brother are so unlikeable. :jollyroger: And now Tina won't even be in it. I hate to say it but I think No.1 should have been a standalone film, and they should have recaptured the nostalgia of Hogwarts with a HP9 or a different story altogether. 

Don't worry, it's been confirmed that Katherine Waterson will be returning as Tina in Secrets of Dumbledore. It's likely that the reason she hasn't been seen in promotional material yet is because her role in the film is very spoilery, and they don't want to show too much this far out from the release date.

That said, I definitely agree that Fantastic Beasts should have been a one-off. The first movie was a really great self-contained story, and the sequels both completely destroy the ending and it just seems strange to have these characters shoved in as major players in the Global Wizarding War.

Imo if they wanted to do a new Harry Potter series, they should be done the MCU approach: Have 4 or 5 self-contained films about individual characters that slowly build up Grindelwald's rise to power, and then have one movie that ties it all together with Dumbledore bringing together the main characters of all the films to use their individual talents in his plan to defeat Grindelwald and bring peace back to the Wizarding World.

FB franchise not being successful enough for Lego to make sets means that this theme won't last forever like Star Wars or Superheroes, for that you need constant flow of new content. So once they run out of ideas and remake every set, give us all possible characters, this theme will likely end, which is actually a good thing, because then these sets will remain very special and we won't end up with like 5 versions of Hagrid's Hut, Hogwarts Express, Great Hall etc. :D

Edited by Textorix

25 minutes ago, Textorix said:

FB franchise not being successful enough for Lego to make sets means that this theme won't last forever like Star Wars or Superheroes, for that you need constant flow of new content. So once they run out of ideas and remake every set, give us all possible characters, this theme will likely end, which is actually a good thing, because then these sets will remain very special and we won't end up with like 5 versions of Hagrid's Hut, Hogwarts Express, Great Hall etc. :D

As long as it sells they will make it no matter what, just look at SW :tongue:

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

And then they can go back to LOTR :drool:

So now that we got pretty decent confirmation that the character lineup for the Ministry of Magic is DH1 based, that still leaves the question of where the Tonks who will be wearing the leaked lavender hair piece is going to appear. I see a few possibilities:

1. The rumored accessory pack 40560 is based on the OotP Ministry battle and will feature Tonks, Harry or another Order member, and a couple of generic Death Eaters. There’s some precedent for this as the two CMFs both had characters that ‘belonged’ in sets released alongside them, just in different years then what the set itself depicted (like quidditch Draco or HBP Luna from series 1 or advanced guard Kingsley from series 2) and last year’s accessory pack was clearly meant to enhance either the Hogsmeade set or Diagon Alley. 

2. The Advent Calendar could be themed around Grimmauld Place, although this seems a tad tenuous as Tonks doesn’t appear in the Christmas scene. That being said, last year’s Advent Calendar broke away from the Christmas theme a bit (can’t say I’m thrilled at the idea of that becoming a pattern, but it gave us some nice builds) and with the 2020 calendar being Yule Ball themed that means the top contenders for this year’s to be based on are PoA and OotP. We’ve seen new recolors in the ACs before so it’s not impossible that OotP Tonks might turn up there. 

3. The retailer exclusive set 76408 is still a complete unknown, and the $120 price tag seems to fit with the price the No. 12 Grimmauld Place would have to go for. With the Hogwarts Carriage now seemingly being the only OotP set for this year it wouldn’t be crazy to assume this mystery set might also be OotP based to balance things out. 

Those are my thoughts - curious to see what everyone else thinks is most likely. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So now that we got pretty decent confirmation that the character lineup for the Ministry of Magic is DH1 based, that still leaves the question of where the Tonks who will be wearing the leaked lavender hair piece is going to appear. I see a few possibilities:

1. The rumored accessory pack 40560 is based on the OotP Ministry battle and will feature Tonks, Harry or another Order member, and a couple of generic Death Eaters. There’s some precedent for this as the two CMFs both had characters that ‘belonged’ in sets released alongside them, just in different years then what the set itself depicted (like quidditch Draco or HBP Luna from series 1 or advanced guard Kingsley from series 2) and last year’s accessory pack was clearly meant to enhance either the Hogsmeade set or Diagon Alley. 

2. The Advent Calendar could be themed around Grimmauld Place, although this seems a tad tenuous as Tonks doesn’t appear in the Christmas scene. That being said, last year’s Advent Calendar broke away from the Christmas theme a bit (can’t say I’m thrilled at the idea of that becoming a pattern, but it gave us some nice builds) and with the 2020 calendar being Yule Ball themed that means the top contenders for this year’s to be based on are PoA and OotP. We’ve seen new recolors in the ACs before so it’s not impossible that OotP Tonks might turn up there. 

3. The retailer exclusive set 76408 is still a complete unknown, and the $120 price tag seems to fit with the price the No. 12 Grimmauld Place would have to go for. With the Hogwarts Carriage now seemingly being the only OotP set for this year it wouldn’t be crazy to assume this mystery set might also be OotP based to balance things out. 

Those are my thoughts - curious to see what everyone else thinks is most likely. 

Honestly, I would be happy with any of these options, but #3 (or #12 rather) is most likely imo

I think set 76408 will either be Grimmauld Place or the Durmstrang ship. I'm hoping for Grimmauld Place and that should include Tonks. If it's the ship, I think the AC will be Grimmauld Place themed. I would love to have the Christmas scene with Mr. Weasley all scratched and bandaged up, but sadly that wouldn't include Tonks. 

I have a strong feeling we are finally getting a quidditch pack for the accessory pack this year (It's friendly to all ages, highly requested and would sell like crazy due to collectors buying multiples to build teams). If not, an OotP Battle at the Ministry pack to pair with MoM would be cool.

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And then they can go back to LOTR :drool:

That or maybe Indy could replace this theme.

Promobricks is going to reveal something big today, it isn’t HP related right?

42 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Promobricks is going to reveal something big today, it isn’t HP related right?

Has to be Marvel and/or DC. In their IG story, they poke fun at all the recent fake rumours, and since these two themes were the biggest victims of that (and two of the very few themes still without proper lists yet), it only makes sense :laugh:

7 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Woah. Brick Clicker says on his newest video that it’s confirmed that the MoM is DH-based and contains Yaxley! :oh3:

He just repeated StoneWars' info.

27 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

...Are you really going to bite the hand that's delivering you from having to bite yours off?

:grin:

True, but just repeating someone's info in a news round-up doesn't save my hand now, does it?

I still fully believe my hand will survive tho.

7 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If it really is DH, then this is amazing news for the theme. :wub:

Yeah because if it sells well we can expect more DH sets in near future or maybe they are already planned.

14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah because if it sells well we can expect more DH sets in near future or maybe they are already planned.

I wonder what changed their mind.

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Maybe nothing... because while Marcos said they find less to want to make from the later movies, he also never said categorically that they weren't going to make sets based on DH.

But also if they were eyeing the Ministry, there are only a few memorable sequences set there, and really the DH sequence is the most whimsical and fun one.

21 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Maybe nothing... because while Marcos said they find less to want to make from the later movies, he also never said categorically that they weren't going to make sets based on DH.

I agree with you.

It's somehow interesting seeing how many believed and believes even now that LEGO (and Marcos) was categorically against DH sets!

This is the original Marcos quote taken from Brickfanatics (bolds are mine):

It’s definitely not to say we won’t cover the later movies at some point, but they do tend to be aimed at a higher age, which is why we target the first few movies,” he said. “Our overall values are more in line with the first movies where there’s more magic, and the universal theme of a wizarding school is more in line with our values. I definitely think we’re creative enough to sneak in things here and there, so who’s to say what will come in the future?”

It's definitely not to say... tend to be... more in line... there's nothing definitive in this statement. Of course, we can likely suppose we will have more set based on the former movies and won't see a full DH wave of sets and we won't see sets like Malfoy Manor with Burbage killed or Hermione tortured or Snape killed (the same way we hadn't Cedric in the Voldemort Arise set or Dumbledore in the Astronomy Tower one), but maybe Reg Cattermole in underwear and Gringott's Dragon yes.

Edited by BrickMatit

We’re not 100% sure the MoM is DH yet…

The Foundation of Magical Brethren is in OotP, not DH. So, either TLG thought the Magic is Might statue would be too dark, or it’s OotP. 

The Order vs. DE, Albus vs. Tom, Harry’s trial and the Polyjuice scene are the main scenes at the MoM. The Polyjuice scene and Harry’s trial would fit the suggested characters best imo unless the are using placeholders to avoid spoilers?

The Battle at the Ministry (Albus vs. Tom and the Order vs. DE) would have been my pick, but now there is a greater possibility for that in the future :classic:

37 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'd suspect a change in management or the team changed the goals. Based on what i've seen for the coming sets, I'm excited!