Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I would thus assume it‘s a playset :sweet:

Nice for me, if the set will be a playset, considering I have less than zero interest in big figs.

Less nice for my wallet :laugh:

37 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

I love Stonewarsde but they aren’t always 100% like Promobricks. This is just an educated guess based on price point. Many leakers have told us that $120 set is labeled as a playset.

Yeah them guessing that it is maybe Ron and Dumbledore figs has same value as us guessing it is Durmstrang ship or whatever. They clearly have no source on this so it is a pure tip.

Really hoping it's a playset. I initially loved my Harry bigfig ... Now he's just starting to creep me out with that inane smile. :cry_happy: No, no more please. Sorry Ron.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Really hoping it's a playset. I initially loved my Harry bigfig ... Now he's just starting to creep me out with that inane smile. :cry_happy: No, no more please. Sorry Ron.

Ha! Now I have Potter Puppet Pals going through my head. :laugh: And on that note, if they want to give us Snape and a piano (with candelabra of course) for the next maxifig set, I wouldn't say 'no'. :grin: 

I wonder if the keychains are any indicator for TLG. Here and in the UK, to name two countries, Harry and Hermione have been sold out for a while, not even back orderable, but Ron's... still available. 

I think electricbricks can be trusted on that one. Sure, they miscategorised some Marvel sets as DC, but there’s no reason to assume the codenames to be incorrect :shrug_oh_well: Unless we hear otherwise, I consider 76408 to be a playset. Too bad we don’t have a piece count yet as further evidence

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Too bad we don’t have a piece count yet as further evidence

Yeah, piece count could immediately tell us if it is play set or not. Because for that price playeset would have something like 1000-1200 pieces and if it was a couple hundreds more then I would assume it is buildable figures set.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think electricbricks can be trusted on that one. Sure, they miscategorised some Marvel sets as DC, but there’s no reason to assume the codenames to be incorrect :shrug_oh_well: Unless we hear otherwise, I consider 76408 to be a playset. Too bad we don’t have a piece count yet as further evidence

If the retailer exclusive is a playset and turns out to be something Second task or Durmstrang Ship related and then the D2C is Gringotts / Diagon or Knockturn Alley related, then considering the Shrieking Shack and Ministry this will be the best year for me.:moar:

40 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I wonder if the keychains are any indicator for TLG. Here and in the UK, to name two countries, Harry and Hermione have been sold out for a while, not even back orderable, but Ron's... still available. 

I always notice that too, although I did see Harry and Hermione pop back in stock very briefly recently. However, even Ron did sell out at one point in the UK, but it coincided with people needing to make separate orders to use VIP coin codes when they first rereleased them I think so I believe that had a big something to do with it as Ron was the only one left. Overall, I think poor Ron does get pushed aside somewhat because Harry and Hermione are seen as the main representatives for male / female in the books / movies. 

46 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Ha! Now I have Potter Puppet Pals going through my head. :laugh: And on that note, if they want to give us Snape and a piano (with candelabra of course) for the next maxifig set, I wouldn't say 'no'. :grin: 

Well I was thinking of selling bigfig Harry to fund this year a bit, but definitely will now you've put that image in my head lol. Any takers in the UK? :head_back:

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If the retailer exclusive is a playset and turns out to be something Second task or Durmstrang Ship related and then the D2C is Gringotts / Diagon or Knockturn Alley related, then considering the Shrieking Shack and Ministry this will be the best year for me.:moar:

Same here, depending on what the final products will actually look like, this might be the best wave for me even though I still don't like the new Hogwarts system :D 

2020 is tough to beat, but this will be the best wave to me as well if at least three of the following conditions are met:

• 76403 is actually based on DH and Yaxley is indeed included
  • 76408 is a playset based on something new (at least not already covered since the start of the reboot)
  • 76405 is a DA expansion with Gringotts
  • Tonks is included somewhere
  • 76407 includes at least one creature (Werewolf/Padfoot)

I think the chances are good :excited:

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

2020 is tough to beat, but this will be the best wave to me as well if at least three of the following conditions are met:

• 76403 is actually based on DH and Yaxley is indeed included
  • 76408 is a playset based on something new (at least not already covered since the start of the reboot)

Most of this is very likely now imo. I think the D2C mystery will torture us for few more months, but we could get other info soon I hope.

Edited by Textorix

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I always notice that too, although I did see Harry and Hermione pop back in stock very briefly recently. However, even Ron did sell out at one point in the UK, but it coincided with people needing to make separate orders to use VIP coin codes when they first rereleased them I think so I believe that had a big something to do with it as Ron was the only one left. Overall, I think poor Ron does get pushed aside somewhat because Harry and Hermione are seen as the main representatives for male / female in the books / movies. 

Well I was thinking of selling bigfig Harry to fund this year a bit, but definitely will now you've put that image in my head lol. Any takers in the UK? :head_back:

Yeah, whenever I've seen Ron sold out somewhere (I check other countries at irregular intervals), Hermione and Harry have been sold out, too. How much you like the characters aside (so disregarding the distinction between close seconds and distant seconds), I imagine if you can only get one keychain, boys would gravitate towards Harry, as would some of the girls, and the remainder of the girls would lean towards Hermione, which leaves poor Ron out in the cold on both counts.

(How can you not like emo-Snape tickling the ivories??? :laugh: If I were any good at modding the hair, I'd have converted a Harry fig by now... :wink:)

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wondering, and this is directed at everyone, not just you in particular, why would you consider a DA expansion with Gringotts to be preferable to one without, if that's your opinion? Is it primarily impatience driven?

For my part, I assume if it's a DA set without, that I will almost definitely see a Gringotts set eventually, so aside from increasing the overall expenditure on DA/KA - which ultimately I control by deciding to buy the DA sets or not - that's the way to get more sets I like. They are unlikely to release an Eeylops or Potage's on their own, say, but Gringotts could will definitely happen. Sooner or later. :classic:

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Most of this is very likely now imo. I think the D2C mystery will torture us for few more months, but we could get other info soon I hope.

Few? I don't think we'll hear anything until August. On the upside, it'll will keep us busy. :wink:

If the D2C is DH Gringotts, what do you think the mini figure stand + quote will be? Do you think they might include a tent side-build and a Doe patronus, Snape and an ‘Always’ sign? Or am I asking too much. 

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

If the D2C is DH Gringotts, what do you think the mini figure stand + quote will be? Do you think they might include a tent side-build and a Doe patronus, Snape and an ‘Always’ sign? Or am I asking too much. 

Seems like too much considering it’s a completely separate scene. The mystery aspect of it didn’t work out so well last time so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just didn’t do it again.

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

In a Gringotts set? Can't picture it in the least.

But someone upthread already pointed out if they made only one quote set, that would probably be the one to make. (If it gets me the doe, I'm okay with it.) I think most of the other quotes I'd choose are Dumbledore's, who isn't one of my favourite characters, so they doesn't work as well for me anyway.

Edited by krimimimi

6 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Few? I don't think we'll hear anything until August. On the upside, it'll will keep us busy. :wink:

Isn't August just too pesimistic? When did Icons D2C name leaked last year? I don't think it was that late

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Isn't August just too pesimistic? When did Icons D2C name leaked last year? I don't think it was that late

No, you're right, we had the name earlier and couldn't make much sense of it, which (perhaps pessimistically) I assumed that was the reason we had it that early. :laugh: Iirc, we didn't have 'Diagon Alley' until August, though. 

Yeah, but if it is rly Gringotts this time, I think we will immediatelly know it once the name drops, even if it will be called something like Diagon Alley 2 lol... which brings me to question how would they even call such a set if it wasn't just Gringotts, but also 2-3 other DA buildings?

My dream D2C is Gringotts + Leaky Cauldron + Borgin & Burkes. Plus an opening wall and a little table with Mundungus selling his wears outside. Every HP D2C has had a mini figure stand, so I expect this one will. Maybe just something about the Thieves Downfall. 
My desperately most wanted set is the tent in the Forest of Dean, so if this year we really do get DH content, I really hope and pray we see that next year. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

17 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

In a Gringotts set? Can't picture it in the least.

But someone upthread already pointed out if they made only one quote set, that would probably be the one to make. (If it gets me the doe, I'm okay with it.) I think most of the other quotes I'd choose are Dumbledore's, who isn't one of my favourite characters, so they doesn't work as well for me anyway.

Haha that was me, but I don't for one second think it would be included with Gringotts or another DA set. If they did a quote for Gringotts I think a PS one would be most relevant such as the 'Enter stranger, but take heed ...' poem, or if they wanted something Deathly Hallows related they could go a bit darker and go with Griphook and 'I said I'd get you in. I didn't say I'd get you out!'

16 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah, but if it is rly Gringotts this time, I think we will immediatelly know it once the name drops, even if it will be called something like Diagon Alley 2 lol... which brings me to question how would they even call such a set if it wasn't just Gringotts, but also 2-3 other DA buildings?

Diagon Alley Part 2. :laugh: If it's good enough for splitting DH into two movies then why not for Lego lol.

28 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Wondering, and this is directed at everyone, not just you in particular, why would you consider a DA expansion with Gringotts to be preferable to one without, if that's your opinion? Is it primarily impatience driven?

No, it’s primarily because 1) Gringotts can only really be done justice as part of a D2C set IMO and 2) an extension to DA wouldn’t work all that well without Gringotts. The 2020 set already included the most iconic shops, so a follow-up kinda needs Gringotts to have a similar appeal :classic:

… I lied. Impatience is also a factor :tongue:

44 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

My dream D2C is Gringotts + Leaky Cauldron + Borgin & Burkes. Plus an opening wall and a little table with Mundungus selling his wears outside. Every HP D2C has had a mini figure stand, so I expect this one will. Maybe just something about the Thieves Downfall. 
My desperately most wanted set is the tent in the Forest of Dean, so if this year we really do get DH content, I really hope and pray we see that next year. 

Yeah this would work for me too.  These are also the only shops left that I haven't been 100% satisfied with the MOCs

You could really make the whole set HBP/DH themed with a hint of PoA, sort of how the original Diagon Alley set was primarily CoS, but then had the Weasleys shop thrown in.

Minifigures could include: Harry, Griphook, Bogrod, Hermione/Bellatrix, Ron/Disguise for Gringotts with a dragon build perhaps. Narcissa, Draco and Mr. Borgin. Then have some fun builds in that shop like the hand, the cabinet etc. And the Leaky Cauldron could include Tom (either version), housekeeping and a few Sirius posters or something. A little Mundungus stand like you said, perhaps a Dolores Umbridge and/or Kreacher minifigure. 

To me at least, Diagon Alley is the most interesting thing left to do (not including Deathly Hallows being introduced to the theme, that's a whole kettle of fish and I'd gladly welcome some Battle of Hogwarts sets if it meant DH minifigures), I'm really bored of the various Hogwarts builds, maybe it's the sheer abundance of tan bricks. 

Edited by drewdotexe

I must be in the minority, but I really want Ron and Draco big figs for the $120 set... I'd settle for Luna too, who's honestly probably more likely for gender representation. Harry and Hermione feel incomplete without Ron!

This makes me even more mad we didn't get any sets for this. Look at all those characters! It had a lot of potential...

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
This makes me even more mad we didn't get any sets for this. Look at all those characters! It had a lot of potential...

Honestly, it makes me wonder how well the CoG sets sold. If they had sold well, we would almost definitely have gotten more merchandise for this movie, but the fact is, I can still find the Thestral set in some game stores (not main B&M stores, but still). I'm guessing LEGO just doesn't want to risk it.