Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Unless of course the D2C is a Quidditch World-Cup stadium and setting.

In my opinion, a Quidditch World Cup stadium is even less possible than a Hogwarts Quidditch pitch. It's too massive for a minifig-scale set and so little iconic and interesting to be a micro-scale set like Old Trafford, Camp Nou or Santiago Bernabeu. I think it appears on the screen for no more than 5 minutes and probably less. On the contrary, if in the future LEGO would continue Harry Potter theme, I see possible a minifig-scale Attack to the Camp as a possible standard set.

14 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Unless of course the D2C is a Quidditch World-Cup stadium and setting. It’s quite a prominent setting and has plenty of scope for new characters…

Prominent? It appears in a single scene and has less than a minute of screentime :laugh_hard: Doesn‘t exactly scream „ultimate set material“, does it :tongue:

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Or a map of the Wizarding World, complete with nano-micro-miniscale Anglia and Express and Hogsmeade and DA and Hogwarts with pitch, Forbidden Forest and Hagrid's Hut. 

Not a bad idea overall, but how on Earth would you display something like that :tongue:

45 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The only one worth mentioning is the Hospital Wing in the 2019 Clocktower set, which didn’t include Madam Pomfrey - she isn’t technically a professor but that space is inextricably linked to her and her omission was glaring.

The Clock Tower also features Moody's classroom without him being represented in it. 

I really hope that the D2C is minifigure scale and I think it might be based on the pattern so far.  It's very difficult to predict what it could be however.  The price seems too high for the other side of Diagon Ally or Gringotts, and too low for a combination of the two.  Other large settings such as the Ministry and Hogsmeade have been covered by smaller sets.

So if it is minifig scale I wonder whether it could be a very large Great Hall set with courtyard, boathouse and rocky foundation.  It's a very common/popular MOC so there's obviously a lot of interest out there but it still feels unlikely.

Another even more unlikely thought is a Forbidden Forest set across multiple baseplates with PS Hagrids Hut, lots of good tree builds and landscaping with unicorn clearing, Aragog's lair, customary Ford Anglia, Voldemort, Firenze, Fang, etc.  I'm sure a lot of non-HP fans with big budgets would like a substantial "forest battle pack" to add foliage to MOCs.

Otherwise I agree with others that a Titanic-style Hogwarts Express is possible although really wouldn't interest me - I'd prefer a full Kings Cross station and track to Hogsmeade station at minifig scale.

Completely unrelated, I saw the pink hair leak for the first time today and it has to be for Tonks.  Even if it's going to be used elsewhere - there's no way the perfect Tonks hairpiece is made by chance.  Grimmauld Place looking a likely candidate for the $120 set.

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

So if it is minifig scale I wonder whether it could be a very large Great Hall set with courtyard, boathouse and rocky foundation.  It's a very common/popular MOC so there's obviously a lot of interest out there but it still feels unlikely.

Highly doubt that. How many more renditions of the Great Hall do we need? We have two minifig-compatible versions already plus the microscale one. Also, great way for TLG to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing yet ANOTHER Hogwarts system, sabotaging the current one :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Prominent? It appears in a single scene and has less than a minute of screentime :laugh_hard: Doesn‘t exactly scream „ultimate set material“, does it :tongue:

Not a bad idea overall, but how on Earth would you display something like that :tongue:

That plus they skipped the match entirely. :laugh:

Hey, I can't even display Icons. I assume some of you live in sprawling underground complexes with limitless space and kilometres of bare walls that simply need filling. That's the only explanation I have for some of the collections out there. 

13 minutes ago, Yope said:

Another even more unlikely thought is a Forbidden Forest set across multiple baseplates with PS Hagrids Hut, lots of good tree builds and landscaping with unicorn clearing, Aragog's lair, customary Ford Anglia, Voldemort, Firenze, Fang, etc.  I'm sure a lot of non-HP fans with big budgets would like a substantial "forest battle pack" to add foliage to MOCs. [...]

Completely unrelated, I saw the pink hair leak for the first time today and it has to be for Tonks.  Even if it's going to be used elsewhere - there's no way the perfect Tonks hairpiece is made by chance.  Grimmauld Place looking a likely candidate for the $120 set.

I want the dead unicorn and Quirrellmort with straw. The rest doesn't matter. :wink:

Or Tonks appears in an AC. 

55 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Not strictly a professor, but we had the Infirmary included in the previous Clock Tower, and yet bizarrely there not only wasn't a Poppy Pomfrey included, there wasn't even one in the series. 

ETA: ninjaed by sebastian666. :laugh:

But that is not the same case as cabinet/office for reasons I mentioned earlier (same with DADA classroom).

I agree that a $470 Quidditch Pitch would be laughable and a slap in the face. I could get behind a $150-$200 Quidditch Pitch ONLY AFTER they finally give us the Gringotts D2C we’ve been asking for. 

On another note I picked up Hogwarts Icons the other day and built it over the weekend and I had a blast doing it. Really fun build and the final display looks great! Didn’t ask for this set but I really do like it

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I doubt a hairpiece from a September set would leak this early :tongue:

Presumably used in multiple sets (Stuntz, for instance), but they try to make new things with an eye to future useability. You don't coincidentally make Tonks hair, you make it and find other purposes. 

Edited by krimimimi

Quidditch pitch or whatever would be an insult as D2C set... even Icons set is more worthy as it really looks like it is paying tribute to HP franchise which giant stadium wouldn’t do for me. Also can you imagine how boring the actual build would be? You would have to build mostly same generic tower like 12 or 16 times? Heck no pls. I am getting Colosseum vibes from it, aka set that looks great when it is finally built and displayed somewhere, but that is everything good about it.

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Presumably used in multiple sets (Stuntz, for instance), but they try to make new things with an eye to future useability. You don't coincidentally make Tonks hair, you make it and find other purposes. 

Actually since you mention it, I could see the hairpiece just being from something like Stuntz. Hopefully it’s for Tonks though

7 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

True, that could also be the case :classic:

Stonewars have added their own descriptions (based on the same catalogue images of course): https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-sommer-2022-erste-details/

Interestingly, they seem to be convinced that Yaxley is included :excited: Also, the Horntail doesn‘t appear to feature the same wing-flapping mechanism as the previous two creatures, they say

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

11 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Quidditch pitch or whatever would be an insult as D2C set... even Icons set is more worthy as it really looks like it is paying tribute to HP franchise which giant stadium wouldn’t do for me. Also can you imagine how boring the actual build would be? You would have to build mostly same generic tower like 12 or 16 times? Heck no pls.

It would be extremely repetitive for sure. The build would not be very fun, but the final product would be pretty neat. Like I said, I’d be ok with a $150-$200 Quidditch Pitch once they give us the D2C sets we’ve actually been asking for

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stonewars have added their own descriptions (based on the same catalogue images of course): https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-sommer-2022-erste-details/

Interestingly, they seem to be convinced that Yaxley is included :excited: Also, the Horntail doesn‘t appear the have the same wing-flapping mechanism as the previous two creatures, they say

Part of me hopes they’re using this Horntail set for redemption from the last one, and that maybe it’s removable from the stand and has a molded head and everything lol but I’ll keep dreaming. It’s also interesting that it seems to be $10 more expensive than Hedwig and Fawkes

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’d take a $470 Quidditch Pitch set as a personal insult :tongue: “What could be the thing that represents the magic of HP so well it deserves to have the largest HP set ever be based on it?” “I know, the pointless filler ball game!” :laugh_hard:

I mentally put the pause in the wrong place when reading this and shall now henceforth refer to Quidditch as 'Filler Ball', as that's simply better and more accurate in every way. :roflmao:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Interestingly, they seem to be convinced that Yaxley is included :excited: Also, the Horntail doesn‘t appear to feature the same wing-flapping mechanism as the previous two creatures, they say

According to that article, the Shrieking Shack should include a new whomping Willow.

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Interestingly, they seem to be convinced that Yaxley is included

They seem convinced that the set will be DH based. And that there will a new Whomping Willow with the Shrieking Shack, as @mark1991t has pointed out just before me :laugh:

Edited by BrickMatit

Description of Dumbledores office set by Stonewars: "This tower is modeled after the part of the castle where the headmaster's office is located in the film, because it has the typical small mini-towers that rise up from the sides." - Damn does this mean we are actually getting more movie accurate representation of Grand Staircase Tower than 2018-2020 system (from Great Hall set)? :D I am suprised, because this sounds like they will try not not make generic random looking towers anymore like they did with previous sets, but they actually care about accuracy now (or I should say again since most of 2018-2020 sets were very accurate).

Edited by Textorix

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also looks like we’re getting a new Whomping Willow in the Shack.

8 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Also looks like we’re getting a new Whomping Willow in the Shack.

I hope it really looks like POA variant that has longer and much thinner branches... I can’t wait to have 2 Whomping Willows in my Hogwarts display (maybe even 2 Hagrids Huts in the future) where each would represent different movie period jn the saga

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Hope the move went well. :classic:

Reminder that technically all six minifigs in the 2021 AC were exclusives. The one I consider the least exclusive (if that's a thing) amongst them is Harry who appears with a different head piece, and even then the only other version of the minifig is in a very expensive set. So I wouldn't rule out some cool minifigs for this year's AC.

I too splashed out for a Madam Malkin's and Pottages MOC, and I haven't even built DA yet. :laugh: That street is highly captivating.  

A Horcrux D2C (excellent idea; perhaps including Gryffindor's sword, the Sorting Hat and maybe a Basilisk fang?) seems not unlikely at some point if Icons does well, but the inclusion of Riddle's Diary in that set probably makes it less likely we'd see it this year, aside from having sculptural sets two years in a row. 

Sirius' Rescue, can't help thinking this set is in part to get us a Sirius and a Buckbeak this round, reducing the number of minifigs we need in the Shrieking Shack set and freeing the inevitable Hagrid's Hut remake up to include Fang and Norbert(a).

Not strictly a professor, but we had the Infirmary included in the previous Clock Tower, and yet bizarrely there not only wasn't a Poppy Pomfrey included, there wasn't even one in the series. 

ETA: ninjaed by sebastian666. :laugh:

Thank you :) Yes, got all of my LEGO Harry Potter into three boxes which was crazy! (Apart from DA which is still built up and may just be packed away in boxes that they'll fit in without taking them apart...)

Yeah true, a few of them shared a torso though right? Granted the torso was new and great for customising, so I'm not too fussed. Just hope the AC is a tiny bit better than 2021s. (Personally my fav is the one with Harry and Ron's christmas jumpers, even though I believe that AC repeated Dumbledore and McGonagall I think? The Harry and Ron were just so perfect for a Christmas set which is what I want from an AC - hence why I think Hogsmeade would make such a great set for it)

Yeah to be honest the more I think about the D2C I can't say for sure what it is, I just get the feeling it's not going to be in the scale of the regular sets if that makes sense, I do think whatever it is will lean toward display piece (Hogwarts Castle/Icons) or something motorized. I can't help but feel that Gringotts might be saved for next year if they're trying to stretch this theme out.

I hope you're right about the Sirius set just for the increased odds of Fang and Norberta to be honest. I think the prisoner Sirius we got was pretty good, to be pedantic the hair was a bit off but I don't mind the variety in hairpieces. So I'm kind of not putting too much thought or expectation into this set in particular, I'm sure it will meet my expectations but not expecting to be blown away by it?

Still no official OoTP Sirius and Tonks on the cards :( , to be fair I'm very happy with my customs of these two anyway.

Edited by drewdotexe

38 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Thank you :) Yes, got all of my LEGO Harry Potter into three boxes which was crazy! (Apart from DA which is still built up and may just be packed away in boxes that they'll fit in without taking them apart...)

Yeah true, a few of them shared a torso though right? Granted the torso was new and great for customising, so I'm not too fussed. Just hope the AC is a tiny bit better than 2021s. (Personally my fav is the one with Harry and Ron's christmas jumpers, even though I believe that AC repeated Dumbledore and McGonagall I think? The Harry and Ron were just so perfect for a Christmas set which is what I want from an AC - hence why I think Hogsmeade would make such a great set for it)

Glad to hear it. :classic: (Packing lego makes me nervous...) 

Yes, in the 2021 AC there were three repeat torsos, but it was something that had appeared nowhere else that you'd legitimately need multiples of for a scene, so I was rather pleased to see it. 

The 2019 AC had a repeated Dumbledore and a McGonagall that was very nearly a repeat (except her head was a face short, having only one side instead of the two the alternate version sported). However the trio were original in that set, as was Flitwick, the golden statue and technically the snowizard as well for a stonking six exclusive minifigs and two repeats. Unfortunately most folks complained about the House flags... You can't win the all. 

StoneWars’ descriptions have made me even more excited. The MoM has the potential to be a great set if it’s based on DH, and more importantly, what it suggests for the future of the theme. That also means we could see a play set based on the OoTP battle to add to it in the future, which makes me very happy. 
I just can’t figure out what the Sirius Escape set will look like. If it’s 3x plates wide and two storeys high, will it be set out like two halves of courtyard with the tower in between them? I hope the courtyard can connect to the Hospital Wing somehow.

I think it’s interesting that Dumbledore’s office has three floors, going from three plates to two plates and then one plate for the top tower; and then with the extra 4-stud wide hinge parts on either side. I wonder if the bottom floor will represent a corridor with the staircase leading up to the office, or if it will be a separate location (such as the RoM).

The shrieking shack will be an excellent build, and I just can’t wait to see the Werewolf and Grim. I’m a bit disappointed there’s another Whomping Willow. I guess this means the characters will all be in their finale clothes - I was hoping we might get Ron and Hermione in their winter clothes to beak it up a bit and represent two scenes.

The thestral set will be incredible, and I can’t wait to see Luna and the foal.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it would be a particularly exciting set and it’s not one I, for one, would like to see, but I don’t think we can really put anything past Lego… I mean, who of us imagined the Icons set?..

but unfortunately I don’t think screentime is necessarily a good gage. The thresals appear even less that the QWC and look at what’s coming.