Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sebastian666 said:

you’re factually wrong on several counts here - didn’t you see we are getting at least three Death Eaters in the MoM set? no need to be so nasty 

Promobricks claim it's two dementors, but I hope those are Death Eaters instead. Dementors are nowhere near the MoM in OotP :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Ok so, not a single new character this wave? -_-

It is not like there are many left to make 

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

They are Dementors. And no, I am not wrong on a single count.

How can you claim they are "messy" and "vile" when we don't even have pictures yet? :grin:

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Exactly. But somehow this is the best year ever. When all we're getting recycled Minifgures in "new" locations." And they can't even decide on a specific or iconic scene for these new locations. 

The only two I want are the Carriage and the Shrieking Shack, and I might not even buy those on principle. 

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Promobricks claim it's two dementors, but I hope those are Death Eaters instead. Dementors are nowhere near the MoM in OotP :shrug_oh_well:

Well, fingers crossed. If the minfigs are wrong and we get a OoTP battle scene I will change my opinion of this set. 

It’s probably partly based on deathly hallows. With Umbridge, the dementors and maybe the extra character being based on that scenes

Dementors are nowhere near the MoM in OotP

Maybe they're putting dementors just to be decisive on the DH bet :snicker:

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

It is not like there are many left to make 

There are many, as well as iconic variants of existing characters. Yet we are getting neither here. Just Dumbledore in a new suit. OH WOW. Harry in a closed cardigan. OH WOW.

Edited by BrickFunatic

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

That’s the only really disappointment for this wave for me. Everything else, I love. But come on, just ac couple figs. We can’t have it all can we. But come on, just one new figure.

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s probably partly based on deathly hallows. With Umbridge, the dementors and maybe the extra character being based on that scenes

This won't save you, Batsy, DO YOU HEAR? *shakes fist* :grin:

The only disappointment for me is that the hogwart expansions are for the latest iteration of the castle… but really happy about the ministry and shack sets and can’t wait to see what they actually look like. Those thresals in such a (comparatively) cheap set are also a great result. 

Now we just need to know what the missing and D2C sets are!!

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How can you claim they are "messy" and "vile" when we don't even have pictures yet? :grin:

Because not a single ounce of thought has gone into these sets, if they are putting Ginny in Sirius Black's escape and Greyback and Dementors in a set based on a film they do not appear in.

Personally, I think the MoM set IS deathly hallows based. Umbridge only appears in the ministry in DH1, the mystery minifigure is probably Yaxley (the dude with the white hair who chases them) and the dementors = DH. I feel like it will have elements of OOTP (Lucius and Arthur) but it sounds mostly DH based - I hope the golden trio have reverse heads of the ministry employees!

1 minute ago, Tommy9 said:

But come on, just one new figure.

OotP Tonks and Death Eaters are still on table, as are the accessory pack, the D2C, and the $120 mystery set :classic:

8 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

No new characters, no new versions of characters, no iconic buildings or scenes, nothing anyone has been asking for (except Shrieking Shack). No death eaters. No second task. No Gryffindor Common Room. No DH. No Fang. No new molds (except baby Thestral). No Ship. No Rita Skeeter. Just a pile of horrible, vile, messy sets with no connection or meaning (except from 2). They are trash.

You are relatively new to this forum. There are many of us who have been on here since 2018. You cannot claim that there is “nothing anyone has been asking for” on this list. Some of us have been predicting and wishlisting these sets for years. Try not to be so nasty.

47 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

OMG I could barely text my boyfriend back with a steady hand when I saw this. Imagine what he'd think if I told him what I was doing. :iamded_lol::excited::grin_wub: My emotions are bouncing up and down.

This is quite funny in retrospect. 

Just now, PumpkinPasties said:

Personally, I think the MoM set IS deathly hallows based. Umbridge only appears in the ministry in DH1, the mystery minifigure is probably Yaxley (the dude with the white hair who chases them) and the dementors = DH. I feel like it will have elements of OOTP (Lucius and Arthur) but it sounds mostly DH based - I hope the golden trio have reverse heads of the ministry employees!

But then their outfits would have to be those outfits too.

Definitely surprised by this set list, but in a good way. Was not expecting the number of OotP sets, but that’s definitely a fun surprise. So breakdown:

- Hogwarts Carriage: excellent, I love it. Can’t wait to get my hands on the baby Thestral. 
- Hogwarts: Sirius’ Rescue: can’t say I expected it, but we really should have considered that this piece count suggested a large animal too. Sounds like a solid set, and I presume there’s a bonus little classroom/dorm type thing that Ginny features in, because otherwise that’s just a weird inclusion. 
- Hogwarts: Dumbledore’s Office: looking forward to the new castle modules finally being able to corner. Also looking forward to Mrs. Norris. Kinda curious whether this is based off GoF or OotP - I think either is possible given the character lineup. 
- Ministry of Magic: definitely can’t wait to see this one, especially since it’s hard to tell what’s going on with the character list. There are two ‘Dementors’ mentioned, but those only showed up at the Ministry in Deathly Hallows, so those are probably actually Death Eaters (although if they are Dementors then that could indicate a DH1 set, in which case ‘Lucius’ would actually be Yaxley). There’s no way the Mystery figure is Greyback though. 
- Hungarian Horntail: ask and ye shall receive. Clearly the Lego designers heard that the last Horntail was the worst set in 2019, so they set out to fix that. Can’t wait to see how it looks given the proper treatment. 
- Shrieking Shack: definitely deserves the update. I’m excited to see what they come up with. Fingers crossed for Padfoot and Werewolf Lupin. 

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

There are many, as well as iconic variants of existing characters. Yet we are getting neither here. Just Dumbledore in a new suit. OH WOW. Harry in an closed cardigan. OH WOW.

Complaining about not getting new variants when we do not even have the pictures wow. Minifigures saved the last years wave for me, but if the sets are great, then not getting new unique character is not a big deal for me. 

Just now, sebastian666 said:

You are relatively new to this forum. There are many of us who have been on here since 2018. You cannot claim that there is “nothing anyone has been asking for” on this list. Some of us have been predicting and wishlisting these sets for years. Try not to be so nasty.

I have been here since 2016, thank you sis. Just because I didn't create an account right away doesn't mean I wasn't reading every comment and thinking along with them.

I’ve been using the carriage from Grindelwald’s Escape as a Hogwarts carriage. Here is to hoping this new carriage is even better!

Idea: Instead of everyone wasting their energy on the one person determined to be nasty just because they aren't getting a wave of 7 differently-priced Death Eater battle packs, lets instead focus on how this sounds like a fantastic wave, full of long-desired locations and elements!

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Definitely surprised by this set list, but in a good way. Was not expecting the number of OotP sets, but that’s definitely a fun surprise. So breakdown:

- Hogwarts Carriage: excellent, I love it. Can’t wait to get my hands on the baby Thestral. 
- Hogwarts: Sirius’ Rescue: can’t say I expected it, but we really should have considered that this piece count suggested a large animal too. Sounds like a solid set, and I presume there’s a bonus little classroom/dorm type thing that Ginny features in, because otherwise that’s just a weird inclusion. 
- Hogwarts: Dumbledore’s Office: looking forward to the new castle modules finally being able to corner. Also looking forward to Mrs. Norris. Kinda curious whether this is based off GoF or OotP - I think either is possible given the character lineup. 
- Ministry of Magic: definitely can’t wait to see this one, especially since it’s hard to tell what’s going on with the character list. There are two ‘Dementors’ mentioned, but those only showed up at the Ministry in Deathly Hallows, so those are probably actually Death Eaters (although if they are Dementors then that could indicate a DH1 set, in which case ‘Lucius’ would actually be Yaxley). There’s no way the Mystery figure is Greyback though. 
- Hungarian Horntail: ask and ye shall receive. Clearly the Lego designers heard that the last Horntail was the worst set in 2019, so they set out to fix that. Can’t wait to see how it looks given the proper treatment. 
- Shrieking Shack: definitely deserves the update. I’m excited to see what they come up with. Fingers crossed for Padfoot and Werewolf Lupin. 

Lucius might be Yaxley, Arthur may be the guy Ron turns into and the mystery character might be Mrs Cattermole.

I will agree that the sets are inspired but the lack of new figures is disappointing. But that could be because we’ve gotten almost every character already. 

In particular, the scene with Luna, Harry, and the Baby Thestral has always been a personal favorite series moment, so I'm super excited to get that as a set!

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews