Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

So with that lavender hair piece hinting at a very possible Tonks coming this summer, where do you think she’s most likely to show up?

Personally, I think if we are getting an OotP set that features Tonks it will be No. 12 Grimmauld Place. The reasoning being that we’ve had plenty of years with ‘odd man out’ playset in regards to which movie it depicted (2018, 2020, 2021), but none of those sets (Hogwarts Express, Privet Drive, Hogsmeade) were based around the climax of the movie – therefore, while it’s not impossible for us to get an OotP set in what appears to be a PoA/GoF year, it’s unlikely to be the Ministry Battle. 

That leaves Grimmauld Place, and the prime candidates for that are 76403 ($100) and 76408 ($120) - the latter of which appears to be a store exclusive. 

I think the weird thing is that it seems pretty likely that we’re going to get the Shrieking Shack this year, and while the two buildings are definitely different as can be silhouette wise - they are both dark and dilapidated houses that feature Sirius Black. Which makes me question whether Lego would release them both in the same year. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People here really are going mad, huh? :jollyroger:

As a box of chocolate frogs.

52 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So with that lavender hair piece hinting at a very possible Tonks coming this summer, where do you think she’s most likely to show up?

It could be from Tonks, but it could be from another theme so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. The person said it was official, but they didn't know which theme it was from, so it could be easily be from something else we don't even know to expect. I would however love a Grimmauld Place. I could see the pixies reshowing up in that one if they want to hint at the doxys in the book but not bother with a recolour.

Edited by BacktoBricks

23 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It could be from Tonks, but it could easily be from another theme so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. The person said it was official, but they didn't know which theme it was from, so it could be easily be from something else we don't even know to expect. A would however love a Grimmauld Place. I could see the pixies reshowing up in that one if they want to hint at the doxys in the book but not bother with a recolour.

True, it’s not definitive, but since that particular hairpiece isn’t really appropriate for anything coming up in another known licensed property, the only other option would be it cropping up in an in-house theme – Friends, Ninjago, Monkey Kid, or even City. And the thing that keeps me hopeful is that Lego has full control over those themes, and I don’t think they’d choose to pair that zany a color with that basic a hairstyle for one of their own original characters, so it makes a little more sense for it to be for a specific licensed character. 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People here really are going mad, huh? :jollyroger:

I just chcked my sanity level - I’m good to go!

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

[…] and I don’t think they’d choose to pair that zany a color with that basic a hairstyle for one of their own original characters, so it makes a little more sense for it to be for a specific licensed character. 

I don’t think it can be ruled out yet. Ever since they‘ve introduced named characters into the City theme, zany haircolours have been a thing :wink: Just look at the Stuntz sets

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don’t think it can be ruled out yet. Ever since they‘ve introduced named characters into the City theme, zany haircolours have been a thing :wink: Just look at the Stuntz sets

Do we know the Stuntz 2022 sets yet? I have no interest in them myself so am clueless, but they were exactly the sort of theme I was thinking of without being able to put an instant name to it when I mentioned other possibilities.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do we know the Stuntz 2022 sets yet? I have no interest in them myself so am clueless, but they were exactly the sort of theme I was thinking of without being able to put an instant name to it when I mentioned other possibilities.

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2022/ they list the stuntz sets as part of the City theme, as "stunt"- if you do a search on the page for them. We've got set numbers, part counts, expected release time, names / broad descriptions, but oddly no pricing yet. 

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Personally, I think if we are getting an OotP set that features Tonks it will be No. 12 Grimmauld Place. The reasoning being that we’ve had plenty of years with ‘odd man out’ playset in regards to which movie it depicted (2018, 2020, 2021), but none of those sets (Hogwarts Express, Privet Drive, Hogsmeade) were based around the climax of the movie – therefore, while it’s not impossible for us to get an OotP set in what appears to be a PoA/GoF year, it’s unlikely to be the Ministry Battle. 

That leaves Grimmauld Place, and the prime candidates for that are 76403 ($100) and 76408 ($120) - the latter of which appears to be a store exclusive. 

I think the weird thing is that it seems pretty likely that we’re going to get the Shrieking Shack this year, and while the two buildings are definitely different as can be silhouette wise - they are both dark and dilapidated houses that feature Sirius Black. Which makes me question whether Lego would release them both in the same year. 

I think it would be either Grimmauld Place or Battle at the Ministry. Either of these would be cool for me.

Imagine if we got a Shrieking Shack and a Grimmauld Place! Those are both on my top 3 wish list (3rd being Bill/Fleur wedding for Bill and X Lovegood minifigs).

Hopefully we hear something soon :)

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Everyone, go check Promobricks's Instagram. Right now.

IT'S HAPPENING

THE SHRIEKING SHACK

LawnH5c.gif

Bruh, they literally just posted a meme.

They are hyping up the reveal. Although, the Shrieking Shack might seem to be implied with those images.

11 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

IT'S HAPPENING

THE SHRIEKING SHACK

Just another tease...I'm not getting my hopes up this time!

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, they literally just posted a meme.

Ofc course they posted just a meme, so did I... let's just build the hype up and be positive. I think this is gonna be great wave and Shrieking Shack is 99% confirmed after all teasers from Promobricks

Edited by Textorix

AHHH 😍 I really hope it’s literally the shrieking shack.

Of course the excitement is about the set but in terms of minifigures, it’s possible we get the same variants from the hospital wing + the existing Sirius + a slightly updated Lupin, if they take the accuracy route that is. Kinda wish they break the rules here 😅

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

AHHH 😍 I really hope it’s literally the shrieking shack.

Of course the excitement is about the set but in terms of minifigures, it’s possible we get the same variants from the hospital wing + the existing Sirius + a slightly updated Lupin, if they take the accuracy route that is. Kinda wish they break the rules here 😅

I think a werewolf and a Grim is a given. :pir-love:

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I think a werewolf and a Grim is a given. :pir-love:

Haha I hate myself for forgetting about them. Yes, that sounds more like it. 

Edited by Otherworld

In my prediction last year I said 6 figures (based on Hogsmeade) but it could be 8. I think Harry, Lupin, Sirius, Pettigrew, Werewolf Lupin and Snape are the most likely (+ Scabbers and The Grim). If they wanted to go for 8 they could include Ron and Hermione from the 2022 HW or 2019 HH, like Otherworld said.

34 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

IT'S HAPPENING

THE SHRIEKING SHACK

Whilst the meme could imply that, the fact that they put their logo over Lupin's face means that actually what they are mainly doing is taking the mick of people wanting the info. 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2022/ they list the stuntz sets as part of the City theme, as "stunt"- if you do a search on the page for them. We've got set numbers, part counts, expected release time, names / broad descriptions, but oddly no pricing yet. 

Thanks. :classic: Without proper descriptions I could easily see the hair being from this theme unfortunately.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Meme or not it is safe to say that their HP set list reveal is coming soon.

Edited by Textorix

Just now, Textorix said:

Meme or not it is safe to say that their HP set list reveal is coming soon.

Do they often do reveals on weekends? Because I have a sneaking suspicion we’re in for two days of torture waiting for Monday.