Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Honestly I would like if they just took a break in this summer wave from doing big Hogwarts sets and instead focused on all iconic locations outside of the Hogwarts castle. Yes do maybe 1-2 smaller Hogwarts sets whatever, but leave the big spots for something different this time. There are many possibilities and great ideas which have been mentioned here multiple times like Ministry of Magic, 2nd Task, maybe even arena for 1st task, Grimmauld Place, Shrieking Shack, Hogsmeade Station, Leaky Cauldron, Inferi Lake... could also name few DH locations but lets not go in there as we know what is the current opinion of the designers team on that :D

18 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Honestly I would like if they just took a break in this summer wave from doing big Hogwarts sets and instead focused on all iconic locations outside of the Hogwarts castle. 

I'm with you 100% :thumbup: There's so many interesting locations they could do, but it takes ages to get to them when one or several of the top spots every year always go to Hogwarts extensions :grin: What I want them to do is the opposite of what they did last year: Instead of having only one non-Hogwarts location set (Hogsmeade), every set but one should feature other locations this year :laugh: Not gonna happen of course, but one can dream 

41 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Honestly I would like if they just took a break in this summer wave from doing big Hogwarts sets and instead focused on all iconic locations outside of the Hogwarts castle. Yes do maybe 1-2 smaller Hogwarts sets whatever, but leave the big spots for something different this time.

That's the main thing that annoys me about these prices. If there's one thing everyone could agree on regarding the 2021- castle, it's that it's perfect for getting smaller, scene-based sets as we saw last summer and this spring. I thought that's how they'd continue on, but this wave most of the sets are very expensive and judging by these prices and piece counts the two smallest sets won't be castle expansions, meaning that at least one large set will be dedicated to the castle once again. My one hope is that, since we already are getting a $50 expansion in spring, this summer we won't get more than one large castle set.

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That's the main thing that annoys me about these prices. If there's one thing everyone could agree on regarding the 2021- castle, it's that it's perfect for getting smaller, scene-based sets as we saw last summer and this spring. I thought that's how they'd continue on, but this wave most of the sets are very expensive and judging by these prices and piece counts the two smallest sets won't be castle expansions, meaning that at least one large set will be dedicated to the castle once again. My one hope is that, since we already are getting a $50 expansion in spring, this summer we won't get more than one large castle set.

I think a good business argument could be made for this exact situation - they've saturated the market of HP with hogwart expansions and for the past 2 years it's been mostly ONLY that. Some are retiring and adding non-Hogwart expansions could make a nice focus for the current ones still on the market. 

I think it would be awful to get more non-Hogwarts sets than Hogwarts sets in a wave, and I'm thankful Lego would never do it because they're interested in making a profit. 

18 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I think it would be awful to get more non-Hogwarts sets than Hogwarts sets in a wave, and I'm thankful Lego would never do it because they're interested in making a profit. 

Um, in 2019 and 2020, the Hogwarts sets were outnumbered both times :grin:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And in 2018 the only reason there was an equal amount of Hogwarts sets to non-Hogwarts sets was because of the D2C.

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

2019: Hogwarts- Clock Tower, Hagrid's Hut, Expecto Patronum, First Task (4). Not Hogwarts- Knight Bus, Rise of Voldemort, Beauxbaton's Carriage (3). I'd personally class Beauxbaton's Carriage as a Hogwarts set since that's the only time it is seen.

2020: Hogwarts- Room of Requirement, Grawp Encounter, Astronomy Tower (3). Not Hogwarts- Privet Drive, Burrow (2).

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

And in 2018 the only reason there was an equal amount of Hogwarts sets to non-Hogwarts sets was because of the D2C.

2018: Hogwarts- Aragog's Lair, Whomping Willow, Great Hall, Quidditch Match (4). Not Hogwarts- Hogwarts Express (1).

Clearly, we have different views on what makes a Hogwarts set. I don't just mean castle sets. I mean anything within Hogwarts grounds. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

6 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Clearly, we have different views on what makes a Hogwarts set. I don't just mean castle sets. I mean anything within Hogwarts grounds. 

Yeah, I meant castle sets specifically :grin:

23 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Oh, I misunderstood. In that case I agree with you- 75% of each story takes place at Hogwarts, it would be weird if the sets didn't reflect that. Though, by that logic the last time we got any non-Hogwarts sets was summer 2020, hmm...

I think I count the castle sets separately, too, in part because they tend to be different kinds of builds. The tree builds just come together differently than Hogwarts itself does, and for me Hagrid's Hut has more in common with Hogsmeade than Fluffy Encounter, say, which is how I tend to group them mentally as opposed to their physical locations in the stories. 

Have to agree with @Retro Brick Reviews that I'd hoped for more scenes from the modular series (especially as the designers themselves had emphasised that as a feature of their concept), but maybe the summer sets will end up being groups of scenes. The castle section could include Lupin's DADA classroom as well as the damaged Fat Lady's portrait and Sirius' escape with Buckbeak, for example. Looking forward to seeing what they end up doing with that, especially as we seem to be getting the named part of the castle in the winter sets (clock tower). Admittedly that makes me less hopeful we'll see something resembling the Bell Towers this summer...

Thanks @Brickroll & @BrickFunatic for the answers. :classic:

13 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Why awful? Most of people have complete Hogwarts castles so there really is no need for more big expansions for now, but we miss a lot of non-Hogwarts locations. Besides that you missunderstood what I meant by Hogwarts sets sry. By Hogwarts sets I specificaly mean castle buildings, so not Hagrids hut, forest sets etc. As Brickbob said, there already were waves where we had more non-Hogwarts sets and those were the best ones imo. 2021 wave was all about Hogwarts (also not particularly well designed but that is for different discussion) with just Hogsmeade set, which was kinda let down for me. I wouldn't be so sure that Lego will not make wave with majority of non-Hogwarts sets, because they are quickly running out of ideas, and this new blocky system is very restrictive in terms of what buildings they can actually design as you can't make round shapes and towers from it.

Edited by Textorix

The only castle-related stuff I still want is Dumbledore‘s office, the bathroom again (Troll attack scene), and that‘s about it :shrug_oh_well: The belltowers maybe, but they would obviously be in the new style, so not as appealing as they could have been before.

There’s plenty of Hogwarts-adjacent stuff I’d like to see though: the Shrieking Shack, PS Hagrid‘s Hut, second task, Thestral feeding, Hogwarts carriages, more Hogsmeade buildings…

I would definitely want to get Dumbledores office and Troll in the bathroom, but those could be smaller to middle sized sets, which is the reason why I think that there is no reason to have another wave focused on Hogwarts castle takings majority of spots (mainly big ones). Secondary Hogwarts locations that you mentioned are completely different story. I think remake of Hagrids Hut in PS/CoS style would be very much welcomed addition as well as more Hogsmeade stuff and maybe even locations from Triwizard Tournament.

... After reboot I pretty much gave up on waiting for the Bell Towers set which we should have gotten after the Astronomy Tower. I recently ordered parts for the Bell Towers MOC by JL.Bricks, which is honestly just perfect version. I would be kinda pissed if they finally did it as a set now, but as you mentioned in new style it would look nowhere near as good as in 2018-2020 style.

Edited by Textorix

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

...The belltowers maybe, but they would obviously be in the new style, so not as appealing as they could have been before.

Why is that a sticking point? If they'd made the Bell Towers in the 2018 style, they'd have been 8x8 towers connected to a center module with pins. Now, in the new style, they'd be... 8x8 towers connected to a center module with pins. The towers aren't even exceptionally detailed, LEGO could very easily do the Bell Towers in the current style.

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Why is that a sticking point? If they'd made the Bell Towers in the 2018 style, they'd have been 8x8 towers connected to a center module with pins. Now, in the new style, they'd be... 8x8 towers connected to a center module with pins. The towers aren't even exceptionally detailed, LEGO could very easily do the Bell Towers in the current style.

I get your point, but I‘d still have to display the towers next to the other 2021 sets as opposed to the 2018-20 ones due to the green roofs :laugh: They just wouldn‘t fit in (and I‘m a purist, so replacing parts is out of the question)

15 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I mean yeah the basic shape could be 8x8 which would suit this new blocky style, but I still think the exterior design would be very lacking. I would argue about detailing, because if look at some pictures, the towers have quite a rich fasade with lots of small elements which would be mostly ignored in new style imo.

JmABdyf.jpg

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

(and I‘m a purist, so replacing parts is out of the question)

I was purist too, until I got my first 2021 Hogwarts sets, when I realized that the only way I can make them work with 2018-2020 sets (and not look like a big mess of random Hogwarts buildings) is to get rid of sand green roofs :D

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I get your point, but I‘d still have to display the towers next to the other 2021 sets as opposed to the 2018-20 ones due to the green roofs :laugh: They just wouldn‘t fit in (and I‘m a purist, so replacing parts is out of the question)

That's fair. Personally I don't mind that- I've been displaying the 2021 Great Hall and DADA Building with the 2019 Clock Tower and 2020 Astronomy Tower, and I just rationalize it by thinking that in-universe the Great Hall was probably built first, and the older building's roofs have turned green over the years.

There is so much of Hogwarts interior not yet explored in this theme (2018 onwards), or what we have isn't the best so a 'remake' wouldn't be a bad thing. Including the six moments books we still haven't had (or only had simple versions of) The Fat Lady and Gryffindor Common Room, Slytherin Common Room, Troll in the Bathroom, the Library, Dumbledore's office, Lupin's classroom or Boggart training room, Umbridge Office, the Dark Tower, the Room of Hidden Things, the Hideout or the rest of the PS challenges.

There is also the marble staircase and statues from DHII, or a proper version of the moving staircases from the earlier films. I know we got the normal spiral staircase part in the 2018 GH set, but it doesn't really do the staircase justice. 

I think a proper trophy room from GoF or a detailed Duelling club set would be great too. 

I'm sure I missed stuff out, that's just off the top of my head. There is plenty of Hogwarts stuff left for this line if LEGO wanna make it. 

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

I mean yeah the basic shape could be 8x8 which would suit this new blocky style, but I still think the exterior design would be very lacking. I would argue about detailing, because if look at some pictures, the towers have quite a rich fasade with lots of small elements which would be mostly ignored in new style imo.

But even the JLBricks build is 8x8 towers, though. Basically in the original the lower level is ho hum (2021+ would nail that :laugh:) and then there's one interesting level, then some spires and the roof. It's doable in the 2021 modular style if they didn't completely chince out on the exterior (obviously not a given), but I have hope. 

@Seaber you've forgotten the Hufflepuff dorms. If we're having the other three Houses, let's not forget the Puffs. :wub: What's the Hideout?

Duelling club scene has been covered (more or less) in both Great Halls.

Agree some representation of the moving stairs and all the portraits would be lovely. It needn't be super detailed like some of the MOCs out there, but even more streamlined versions do a lot to unite disparate castle pieces. 

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

@Seaber you've forgotten the Hufflepuff dorms. If we're having the other three Houses, let's not forget the Puffs. :wub: What's the Hideout?

Duelling club scene has been covered (more or less) in both Great Halls.

I was only listing stuff that appears in the films, I know we saw a bit of Ravenclaw in the AT though :) The Hideout is the RoR in DHII where members of DA are camped out. Lot of acronyms there :D

I meant it could works well as a standalone, it's self contained, it's not been represented in its colourful glory yet and new Lockhart variant :D

Thanks. 

If they do the Duel again in 2021+ format it will be worse than either version we've gotten so far, and that includes the rollback they did in 2018's GH from what they'd envisioned and put forward at the toy fair. (I forget which one it was, but I'm sure you've seen the pictures.) The rooms are just too bitty and you need the ceiling height. 

So, I was rewatching the cute video they made for the Hogwarts Magical Trunk set, and I got to thinking about the new Quibbler tile print included- specifically, why would LEGO make a new print for the Quibbler in a set based on Philosopher's Stone?

But then I thought about the other new prints in the set: the Every Flavor Beans are already reappearing in the Hospital Wing set, and the Marauder's Map could very well show up in a PoA set this summer.

Now, I've already posted in the past that I think there's a good chance we could see one or two OotP sets this summer based on how we already have 2 non-gimmick reboot sets for PoA (the same amount we have for PS and CoS), and to me getting a new Quibbler is just further evidence that we'll be seeing something from Order of the Phoenix later this summer.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

So, I was rewatching the cute video they made for the Hogwarts Magical Trunk set, and I got to thinking about the new Quibbler tile print included- specifically, why would LEGO make a new print for the Quibbler in a set based on Philosopher's Stone?

But then I thought about the other new prints in the set: the Every Flavor Beans are already reappearing in the Hospital Wing set, and the Marauder's Map could very well show up in a PoA set this summer.

Now, I've already posted in the past that I think there's a good chance we could see one or two OotP sets this summer based on how we already have 2 non-gimmick reboot sets for PoA (the same amount we have for PS and CoS), and to me getting a new Quibbler is just further evidence that we'll be seeing something from Order of the Phoenix later this summer.

The print is reused from the first CMF series (it's exactly the same) and that Quibbler is actually from HBP, not OOtP. So I wouldn't read anything into that. I believe we'll see a OOtP and HBP wave in 2023, and this year will fill in POA and GoFs missing holes.

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

The print is reused from the first CMF series (it's exactly the same) and that Quibbler is actually from HBP, not OOtP. So I wouldn't read anything into that. I believe we'll see a OOtP and HBP wave in 2023, and this year will fill in POA and GoFs missing holes.

Firstly, I don't think the specific Quibbler issue is relevant. Like, there's just one Daily Prophet print they use for all the films it appears in, it makes sense they'd do the same for the Quibbler. And in any case, it doesn't answer the question of "why" they would do a new print for no reason (And it *is* a new print. Same graphic design, but swapping the base color meant redoing the print to swap the printed white to no printing and the printless areas on the original for blue printing, as well as adding different outlines and more metallic detail).

As for missing holes... I think they've done that pretty well for PoA already between Hogsmeade and the Hospital Wing. Obviously we still need the Shrieking Shack, but after that there really aren't any missing scenes or characters I can think of. And I can't see the entire rest of the wave being based on GoF (I can only think of three worthy sets for GoF if I stretch, and there are six total set spots outstanding), so adding in at least one for OotP just makes sense, especially since, again, they seem to be building up to it already.

Thinking about it further, I could honestly see this wave's Hogwarts expansion being based on OotP, since (A) it's the only film to not have the flagship set of a wave be a castle module based on it, and (B) we already have the only major castle building for PoA in the Hospital Wing, and there aren't any major Hogwarts scenes in GoF except the Yule Ball, which they most certainly won't retread so soon.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews