Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Roebuck said:

Has not most of these sets few parts compared to the price compared to previous years?

That sentence gave me a brain stroke.

But yeah, most of those piece counts are pretty terrible.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That sentence gave me a brain stroke.

:blush: I noticed it was not the best, but could not bother to find a better one now :tongue:

The price/piece is certainly higher :/ Also, the smallest set having only 121 pieces suggests that it is not a Hogwarts module. The polyjuice potion mistake has 217 pieces. Could it be a small 2nd task or something with a large mould...?

But remember, with Euro prices supposedly being standardised, they are quite possibly going to be worse across the board.

The USD prices might not have the same numerical value across the board (i.e. in some cases a set might be $80 USD but 90 EUR etc).

22 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

The price/piece is certainly higher :/ Also, the smallest set having only 121 pieces suggests that it is not a Hogwarts module. The polyjuice potion mistake has 217 pieces. Could it be a small 2nd task or something with a large mould...?

Maybe a Troll bathroom? The troll might be a big figure because it couldn't be a buildable figure like Grawp as he wouldn't fit in the castle section, but it would need to be bigger than a normal minifigure. I thought there wouldn't be another bathroom set at the moment, but if Polyjuice Potion Mistake is retiring so quickly I suppose there could be a crossover. 🤔

2 hours ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

Electric bricks has the piece count included. So there is more information. Interesting part: 76400 only has 121 parts for a $20 set

Huh, I managed to miss that completely :head_back:

Most of these part counts seem pretty ordinary to me, even the one of set 76400. I just looked it up, the Expecto Patronum set also had exactly 121 pieces for $20 :wink:

7 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

So it could be a new Forbidden Forest set. Maybe a remake of Draco and Buckbeak?

Or Fang :shark:

A new mould being included is not the only factor at play. The RoR $20 set for instance featured two new animal moulds, yet still had 192 pieces :shrug_oh_well: Then again, those two were pretty small and nowhere near as complex as the dual-moulded stag. Btw, it’s been two years almost and we’re still waiting for their non-patronus counterparts to appear in sets :oh3:

@BacktoBricks might be onto something, a troll mould could explain it :thumbup: I can’t think of another large moulded creature that would make sense to include in a $20 set

Grindlewald Escape had 132 pieces for $20. The piece count of 121 at that price point is really pretty standard for LEGO these days, it's just that HP has tended to spoil us.

6 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Grindlewald Escape had 132 pieces for $20. The piece count of 121 at that price point is really pretty standard for LEGO these days, it's just that HP has tended to spoil us.

HP stuff also tends to have a lot of (frippery?). There are comparatively plenty of cheese pieces and cones and ski pole decorations thrown in that may not take as much out of their set budgets. Piece count per EUR was always a strange metric. There have been suggestions that weight might be a better approach.

The attempted normalisation of prices across Europe is also odd with such a span in VAT, which is included in our prices. 

Edited by krimimimi

Let’s look at the previous $20 sets:

• Grindelwald’s Escape: 132 pieces, 2 minifigs, 1 large moulded creature
  • Expecto Patronum: 121 pieces, 4 minifigs, 1 large moulded creature
  • The Rise of Voldemort: 184 pieces, 5 minifigs + Baby Voldy
  • Hogwarts RoR: 193 pieces, 4 minifigs, 2 small moulded creatures
  • Polyjuice Potion Mistake: 217 pieces, 4 minifigs, 1 moulded headpiece

Not enough data to establish a clear pattern of course, but 4 minifigs and a (large) moulded seem pretty likely :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

Presumably some of the June  sets will be Fantastic Beasts 3 based?

Wouldn't that be too late though? The film is out in April. 

Edited by Mr No

15 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Wouldn't that be too late though? The film is out in April. 

It was supposed to come out in July, and it was delayed really close to its release date.

Mmh what about set 76408 for 119$? It is not listed here. Does it mean it will be released later than the others? 

Also wondering about the additional info of 76407 in falcon‘s ig story, according to which this set is a „play set“. What does „play set“ mean and why is that term only added with this set?

Are all the other sets no play sets? Or is a „play set“ something like last years chess game or advent calender that lets you play actual games?

Okay so slightly off topic and yet instigated by all the talk of the new sets. I'm wondering how many of you have changed your perspective / buying habits now that this theme looks like it's going to be longer running. I'm a bit of a completionist and yet, not only is this year going to be a very expensive one for HP Lego, but all that new Lego will need to find a space somewhere. So I'm interested in whether those who did try and collect everything have now changed their thinking and if so, what are the sets that you would keep and what ones would you be more likely to let go in order to fund new ones? I.e. Would you part with the 2018-20 castle line as it seems it won't be added to and now focus on the 'new' modular line or are you not interested in the new line over the old? Would you prioritise 'scene' sets over buildable creatures? Just curious as to others' thinking as I'm starting to wonder how long can sustain collecting all the sets. 😂

The 2021 line brought to an end my idealistic completionist approach - before then I had bought (through 2020-21, so some were already retired) all of the 2018-20 sets as I thought most of them were great and could tolerate the odd poorer set in the interests of having the full collection (e.g. the Horntail set, the quidditch set (not really my thing), etc. But last year was disappointing - I have got the 5 new modular sets but only due to being tempted by online reductions (then talked myself into the GWP buying the chess set and a repeat of the Flying lessons set). I have ZERO interest in the macro-figures and have not yet given into the Hogwarts Icons set. I would really like a repeat (in terms of the quality and type of sets - particularly Diagon Alley!) of the 2020 wave to be honest. That's what properly got me out of the dark ages (with previous couple of years of buying and building Lego City sets with my son). 

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Would you part with the 2018-20 castle line as it seems it won't be added to and now focus on the 'new' modular line or are you not interested in the new line over the old?

Like @Lego Harry I was all in on the 2018 line, and very disappointed/ not interested with the new line last year. The only set I bought was the cheap enough flying lesson for Madam Hooch. 

For 2022 I might get the hospital wing and switch out the sand green roofs with grey and swap out a wall for the clock.  I think it could fit with the 2018 sets well enough then.  But yeah lego has lost hundreds of dollars from me with this change.

While I collected most of the 2018-2020 sets and even bought multiples of some of them LEGO's new approach at the franchise really kicked my interest in the theme down a few pegs. I'm still very much in love with everything LEGO produced in the theme's first 3 years, even the poorer sets like the Horntail, but I just find very little enjoyment in this lackluster and poorly designed new Hogwarts system. Last year I only bought the sets I liked (Accessory Pack, Hogsmeade and the poorly designed but decently priced Bathroom) and resorted to Bricklink for the rest of the figs, creatures, stickers, prints, etc I found worth getting and will do the same this year. As long as the theme stays in the state it's in now it's on the backburner for me and I'll be shifting my budget to Jurassic World, Marvel and MOC building. 

1 hour ago, Axxe90 said:

Mmh what about set 76408 for 119$? It is not listed here. Does it mean it will be released later than the others?

Yes, can anyone clarify? 

76400 (20€) has 121 pcs. Same part count to the letter as the Expecto Patronum set, so could also be 3/4 figs and an animal mould with some scenery again. Buckbeak lesson or a detention Unicorn set in the forest with voldermort

76401 (50€) has 345 pcs. Low part count again, less than half the parts as the Hogsmeade set so might not be a big building like the SS… could be Minifigure heavy set (2nd task etc)

76403 (100€) has 990 pcs. Well balanced part count, Probably a big castle section

76406 (50€) has 671 pcs. High part count, lots of little tiles/studs for details? (Nifler or Buckbeak etc)

76402 (80€) has 654 pcs, 76407 (90€) has 777 pcs. Either of these could have Big parts like boat hulls or new moulds like werewolf or Kreacher head etc. That being said Bowser’s ship has over 1000 parts and big boat sections too for £90… so it’s anyone’s guess :/

I’m a till very excited, can’t wait for the set names and cryptic IG leaks 😁

Btw does the info we have therefore confirm that we won’t get a store exclusive Minifigure accessory pack this year?

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay so slightly off topic and yet instigated by all the talk of the new sets. I'm wondering how many of you have changed your perspective / buying habits now that this theme looks like it's going to be longer running. I'm a bit of a completionist and yet, not only is this year going to be a very expensive one for HP Lego, but all that new Lego will need to find a space somewhere. So I'm interested in whether those who did try and collect everything have now changed their thinking and if so, what are the sets that you would keep and what ones would you be more likely to let go in order to fund new ones? I.e. Would you part with the 2018-20 castle line as it seems it won't be added to and now focus on the 'new' modular line or are you not interested in the new line over the old? Would you prioritise 'scene' sets over buildable creatures? Just curious as to others' thinking as I'm starting to wonder how long can sustain collecting all the sets. 😂

i really loved the 18-20 line and my idea was to complete all of them. The ones I am missing are the big castle, diagon alley, burrow and some smaller sets but all in all I was on the way. Now with the new style there is no way I will complete everything. I got the CoS last summer and as much as I am trying to make it work with the other sets its just not it. Got the bathroom and will try to get Hogmseade, flying lesson and Fluffy. Have no interest in the big figures and while I might be tempted to get Hedwig or Hawkes it is way down my list. I doubt I will be getting the Icons set also for that price. So I will try to get all the sets that at least theoretically can incorporate with the previous line and maybe Hawkes or Hedwig if I get a good price. I really hope they end the line in the future and we stop getting stupid rereleases like what they are doing with Star Wars there is no point in collecting if I know that they will release the same thing in some time