Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Flixter said:

I could see them reusing Harry in $20 set. Since they decided to start all over again it'd probably be Dementor attack

So this wave probably will feature mostly third year sets

I could see them being used for a potential shrieking shack. The trio are now printed using the clock towers budget so werewolf lupin can get proper treatment along with (hopefully) a pettigrew in rags. And seeing as how they're remaking things it may include another whomping willow sidebuild. Add in PoA sirius and maybe padfoot and that'd wrap up the set

Really like the hospital wing set, think it's great inside and out.  I'm a broken record but the Hermione face is the only issue for me, love that we're getting the tattered outfits and the little details are great.

DADA class is cool, not much new vs the leaks except for the confirmation of Barty Crouch Jr and a better look at the stickers.

Also not much new in the Divination book - don't really like the brighter colours of this one but there are some nice details.

5 hours ago, deskp said:

My minifig gallery is now up to date with the latest figures. So far Just 2 new characters this year, Percy and Pomfrey.

screenshot-1641336111.png

to see the figure with latest release first: LINK

To see the figures in order of appearance in the films: LINK

I recommend selecting the compact view on flickr to see more images at once.

You list Mr borgin as missing but he came in the Diagon alley accessories pack

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/wizarding-world-minifigure-accessory-set-40500

I really love the new set. The one thing I disliked about the Clock Tower in 2019 is that they made the focus on the Yule Ball instead of POA.

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

does anyone have an official pic so far of how the Clocktower will connect to the previous hogwarts builds? 

There is no official picture of that yet, but you can connect them however you want, that is the point of this new system. Besides that I never liked the official suggestion from Lego how to connect these sets, because I want to have them at least somewhat movie accurate.

Edited by Textorix

41 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

does anyone have an official pic so far of how the Clocktower will connect to the previous hogwarts builds? 

The lower part is connected, so you can't move those three segments. You could move the Clocktower, or add another segment below it.

There are connections to both sides of the three-part segment, so you could connect that to the rest easily.

The Moments sets have lots of nice prints and things. Tbh I know I'm going to crack and end up with both of those when they release. Moody's coat looks so much better in that darker orange, pops out from his hair a bit more. Would have appreciated a scared/crying Trelawney face or a different hairpiece (CMF Ginny recoloured perhaps) but it's great for those who weren't around for the CMF in 2018! Least we got a new print for the body.

Speaking of the CMF, a local WHSmith had the Series 1 CMF in a huge bargain bin at £1.50 each the other day. Almost bought a bunch but resisted!

The Clock Tower set I can take or leave, tbh thinking this may be a set where I pick up the minifigs and exclusive prints. Not a fan of the new modular style. Madam Pomfrey is the highlight

Man, i was so hoping to have the Hospital Wing going back to the pre 2021 style, but yet here we are. A thing i really hate on these is the usage of the 8x8 plate with grid instead of a standart 8x8 plate. What´s up with that?

22 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

With Lego pushing out a lot more licensed Brickheadz this year with today's reveals and Avatar Brickheadz in the rumour mill we can only hope we get some more Harry Potter Brickheadz if they're wanting to push more out this year.

Bluevatar or Legend of Aang Avatar?

Edited by Salix

15 minutes ago, badchriss said:

A thing i really hate on these is the usage of the 8x8 plate with grid instead of a standart 8x8 plate. What´s up with that?

Pretty sure that was answered by a LEGO designer, but I don't remember exactly what the answer was.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The lower part is connected, so you can't move those three segments. You could move the Clocktower, or add another segment below it.

There are connections to both sides of the three-part segment, so you could connect that to the rest easily.

One thing I've noticed is the hosipital wing is 24 studs long (3 8x8 segments) so I think it could fit on top of the Great Hall from last year. I would be very interested to see what that looks like... :look:

Also for those who don't like to use the new Great Hall as itself I've had some success with using the new Great Hall and putting it sideways behind the viaduct entrance from 2020's Astronomy Tower to create the west wing in front of the Bell Towers (it's taking me a lot of modding tho! :grin:)

1 hour ago, badchriss said:

A thing i really hate on these is the usage of the 8x8 plate with grid instead of a standart 8x8 plate. What´s up with that?

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Pretty sure that was answered by a LEGO designer, but I don't remember exactly what the answer was.

It was Marcos Bessa, answering a question on Instagram last year in April.

"The “grated” plate is cheaper and allows me as a designer to include other details in the model instead of having to pay more for a regular plate that would do basically the same job".

Edited by BrickMatit

55 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I would be very interested to see what that looks like... :look:

Well I can show you. These new sets were made to be able to stack on each other, but when you do it, it simply looks like one big ugly random wall that looks nothing like Hogwarts. The different fasade styles and blocky shape of these buildings visually dont work togather for me when stacked vertically, so I rather use 2018-2020 sets between them to stack them horizontally.

Clock Tower is not 100% like the official set, because we dont have instructions avaible yet, but the basic design is same.

EAVUUfA.jpg

17 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

It was Marcos Bessa, answering a question on Instagram last year in April.

"The “grated” plate is cheaper and allows me as a designer to include other details in the model instead of having to pay more for a regular plate that would do basically the same job".

I dont think those few cents (1-2 euro max) saved by not using plates makes much of a difference in one set... they simply wanted to save money overall, this is just poor excuse to do it, because I dont really see more datails than in 2018-2020 sets, the rooms are just bigger...

Edited by Textorix

There was an interview last year that was reported on one of the lego fan sites (probably a German one, and therefore not word for word, so more of an article than an interview in format, iirc) before the new 2021 modular sets were officially announced in which they claimed the grates we'd be getting increased mobility of the figures given the fixed position of the little first and second year student legs. You'd anchor them to one stud and then be able to swivel them almost freely to suggest movement that wouldn't work otherwise unless you had the usual jointed minifig legs. With the number of skirt pieces and short legs we've had, that was supposedly something of a consideration that has some merit. (I have a bunch of the new sets in a WIP that currently forces the minifigs to be lined up facing outward atm and it looks silly.) 

A year on I can't remember if that claim was the author's observation or attributed to what was actually said, however, but sometimes it feels like you get different answers depending on who asks and when. (Those budget claims struck me as odd, too.)

Edited by krimimimi

55 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I dont think those few cents (1-2 euro max) saved by not using plates makes much of a difference in one set...

It is probably a handful of extra parts that can be added in set so probably not so easy to notice if you do not have the other set to compare them. The Ideas blacksmith had so low budget the designer had to choose between a horse or a chicken, normally they would be nowhere near each other in value except in the Lego design budget apparently, so what one part cost there compared to another is not so strait forward I think :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

the grates we'd be getting increased mobility of the figures given the fixed position of the little first and second year student legs. You'd anchor them to one stud and then be able to swivel them almost freely to suggest movement that wouldn't work otherwise unless you had the usual jointed minifig legs.

I actually prefer the grates for this exact reason. Displaying mini figures in these new sets has been, admittedly, a lot more dynamic

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is probably a handful of extra parts that can be added in set so probably not so easy to notice if you do not have the other set to compare them. The Ideas blacksmith had so low budget the designer had to choose between a horse or a chicken, normally they would be nowhere near each other in value except in the Lego design budget apparently, so what one part cost there compared to another is not so strait forward I think :shrug_oh_well:

I think that has to do with reusability/space. I think the horse was reused elsewhere, but then again a chicken was also used, I believe both in those Mickey and Friends farm set.

16 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Bluevatar :classic:

*sad Legend of Aang noises*

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I canno see (I’m visually impaired) what kind of style that Hospital Wing is? Is it like 2018-2020 or is it an anniveary set’s style like 2021 sets?

20 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Sorry if this sounds dumb but I canno see (I’m visually impaired) what kind of style that Hospital Wing is? Is it like 2018-2020 or is it an anniveary set’s style like 2021 sets?

Hey, I was in the process of captioning it for the blind, except that isn't what you asked for. Would that help you? And if so, do you care about colour descriptions as well, or only as they differ to others?

Does anyone know where should the hospital wing fit in the hogwarts setup.

Wow I just dont like the new designs prefer the older ones

5 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Hey, I was in the process of captioning it for the blind, except that isn't what you asked for. Would that help you? And if so, do you care about colour descriptions as well, or only as they differ to others?

Oh yes! It would be more helpful! Color description and the difference to the others are more helpful also. Do ou mind?