Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Or I am in the UK and have a lot of duplicates so tell me what you need and I'd be happy to send them you. :) 

Cool thanks for the offer, I’ll message you direct and we can work something out :)

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Who else is still collecting chocolate frog cards? 
I have yet to open a chess or Fluffy set or get the new Polybag but otherwise have opened up one of each of 2021 line, and so far I have 4 characters missing (I have also been lucky enough not to have more than one extra of the duplicates)

I was hoping they would carry them on into 2022 and even make some more character cards, I can think of 4 Characters seen on film which could be added to the range: Igor Karkaroff, Bathilda Bagshot, Gellert Grindelwald, Mykew Gregorovitch. And then of course there is Merlin who was a collectable card in the old PS1 game for PS.
It’s been fun collecting the 16 but I'm a bit sad to see it end after only 1 wave of sets 

I think the cards were a very good idea and hope we see new ones in the years to come:classic:
I am glad I did not trust my luck and ordered all of them of BL. The last days I have built all the sets with cards except the 2 biggest and so far I am missing 7 so will see how far I am from a second set when I build the last 2. I do not have Fawkes or icons yet, but they do not include any right?
I am sure they could make several hundred different cards if they wanted, if we do not know how the character looks they can just use their imagination and make known WW characters :shrug_oh_well:

I see that 3 cards are from FB and they ask about HP and FB when you leave feedback on the sets so I hope that is a sign they are not finished with FB yet :wink: FB sets would help give the sets more variation after all it is a limit to how many Hogwarts sets we can get before there are too much repeats..

I wouldn’t mind them continuing with the cards, but I wouldn’t be sad if they were done with them either :shrug_oh_well: They were a nice way to celebrate the anniversary (along with the golden minifigs), but having more would make it feel less special and then they’d have to come up with a way to “officially” display the additional ones

Considering the 2018 wave was PS and COS themed, and the 2019 wave was POA and GOF themed, it's likely that 2022 will be POA and GOF themed considering we have had a soft reboot with last year mimicking 2018 (and LEGO has announced that it won't be touching DH). We are well overdue characters from these two films anyway (Aunt Marge, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch Sr, Igor Karkaroff etc...) Also, the sets we have seen so far are all POA and GOF themed (apart from the Trunk - but that seems for based on harry Potter overall).

For set predictions, I think we might get a Goblet of Fire themed castle (probably the $99 one). I know we got the Clocktower in 2019 - but see 2021. We got The large Chamber of Secrets set and the smaller Fluffy Encounter set (based on PS). The two largest castle sets in that wave were based on different films and considering we have seen the Hospital Wing set - I have a feeling there will be a large GOF castle set. It's just a thought, but it's also guaranteed that we will get some sort of large Hogwarts castle. 

Ideas for that one: Hopefully we get new parts of the castle. We could have the Bell towers and The Owlery (and include a Harry and Cho figure to represent the scene where he asks her to the ball). We would also have Rita Skeeter and Barty for new figures. 

I also think we might get a Durmstrang Ship and A Shrieking Shack (and possibly even the Black Lake second task - though that might be included in the Durmstrang ship set). 

Durmstrang ship (Possibly $120) - V. Similar to last one but updated - comes with Viktor, Karkaroff, Karkaroff's aide - and if it includes the merpeople task - 4 sleeping 'treasures' (Ron, Hermione, Cho, Gabrielle). Might be fun to add the windswept Vidiyo hairpiece to show floating hair for the girls), 4 Champions in Swimsuits (Viktor with Sharkhead) and 2 Merpeople.

Shrieking Shack (Possibly $90) - Also similar to original , except no Honedukes. Also reminiscent of The Burrow. Figures - Wolf Lupin, Same Sirius as 2019, Snape (dirtied robes), The Golden Trio with same torsos as in the Hospital Wing. Also a new Grim piece.

Regarding FB Secrets of Dumbledore - it seems VERY unlikely that it will get sets. The original wave sold poorly and FB just isn't nearly as popular as HP is. Every time I go into a HP shop - the FB stuff is always in the clearance bin. The closest it might get is a buildable Niffler - but that's it I think.

Woah, I just want to point out something interesting:

I've just looked on the UK's LEGO.co.uk page at the Harry Potter theme and all the prices seem to be wrong. And there's nothing to indicate a sale - and some sets are more expensive than they should be.

Diagon Alley: £349.99 (Should be £369.99)

Hogwarts: £369.99 (Should be £349.99)

Hogwarts Clocktower: £89.99 (Should be £84.99)

Hogwarts Express: £79.99 (Should be £74.99)

First flying Lesson: £24.99 (Should be £27.99)

Wizard's Chess: £59.99 (Should be £64.99)

Chamber of Secrets: £124.99 (Should be £129.99)

30 minutes ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Woah, I just want to point out something interesting:

I've just looked on the UK's LEGO.co.uk page at the Harry Potter theme and all the prices seem to be wrong. And there's nothing to indicate a sale - and some sets are more expensive than they should be.

Though nobody really knows why a lot of sets have gotten a price reduction or increase yesterday. I would never complain about a price reduction but some sets like Central Perk have gotten an increase up to 34%, which is just outrageous.

That's ironic, because in my country prices seem to be decreasing over the time, which started about a year ago. And the prices in non-official stores are even less and too good to be true, yet here I am. For example, Ninjago Dojo Temple is 110€ (which a year ago probably would be 130€) on S@H and in another store it's 80€

Edited by Flixter

4 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

We could have the Bell towers and The Owlery

Welcome :classic:
I would be happy with more than one owl in a set for once :grin:

4 hours ago, PumpkinPasties said:

(and LEGO has announced that it won't be touching DH)

They never said that...

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Though nobody really knows why a lot of sets have gotten a price reduction or increase yesterday

Is it not the previous announced move to make prices the same in different European countries? We in Norway draw the short straw again, as an example over on Brickset the 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer increased 90 euro here so now it is 790 euro :wacko: Glad I am not collecting SW :tongue:

As someone who just started buying the 2018 reboot theme, I'm debating on whether I should get the retired GoF sets from Bricklink (graveyard, Horntail, carriage) or see if they get remade as well. Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Thoughts?

For what we've seen until now, I wouldn't bet on LEGO remaking these sets.

In this new reboot, we have only two major locations that are remakes of the previous edition: Great Hall, that appears in the Great Hall 2018 set and in the Chamber of Secrets 2021 set; Infirmary and Clock Tower that appear in the Clock Tower 2019 set and in the Infirmary 2022 set. But in neither case LEGO has remade the same scene, just the same location.

Said that, I think that you should also consider the availability of these sets in the secondary market. If you want them, it wouldn't be nice if LEGO didn't make them and you couldn't buy them.

Just my two cents. 

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

As someone who just started buying the 2018 reboot theme, I'm debating on whether I should get the retired GoF sets from Bricklink (graveyard, Horntail, carriage) or see if they get remade as well. Thoughts?

I would expect the graveyard duel to get remade at some point, But It wouldn't be for a number of years. The gap between the first and second one was 14 YEARS. As to the others, they may but probably for a long time. If I were you, I'd try to buy them somewhere soon before their price goes up. 

For how long will the 2021 summer sets sell in stores before getting discontinued? I only want the 3 Hogwarts sets to built it. 

7 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Out of those sets I only have the Graveyard, and I love it. Good amount of pieces and some nice minifigs too including Wormtail who we haven't had since.

Plus who doesn't want a tiny baby Voldemort piece?

The Graveyard was a great minifigure pack with a pretty average to uninteresting build attached, but cheap enough that that didn't matter. If it's a good price on BL, I'd recommend it, or just see if buying the Minifigures is more cost effective.

The Beauxbatons Carriage is lovely and I'm glad I have it since it adds some colour in the display, and I like all the Minifigure parts included as well. But that said, it's not a must have unless you really care about Beauxbatons and completing the Yule Ball Minifigure collection such as it is. It's hardly the most important HP material there is.

Don't have the Horntail set because the build looked bad to me and I don't care about the Triwizard Tournament, so can't comment much on that.

13 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think out of these 3 the graveyard and Horntail might get remade but not anytime soon, the Beauxbatons Carriage is a very obscure part of the franchise so I can't see it getting covered twice. As for wether or not you should buy them: 

Graveyard - this is a pretty neat set but looking at the lowest prices a sealed copy is going for on BL I'd definitely say it's not worth it. I would, however, recommend buying the figures and maybe the loose pieces needed to build Tom Riddle Sr.'s grave. 
Horntail - considering this is arguably the worst set in the 2018-2020 Potter lineup design-wise I would certainly pass on the current aftermarket price. Once again the figures are the standouts here, if you BL those you're not really missing out on anything.
Beauxbatons Carriage - wether or not you should buy this one is really up to personal preference, it's not particularly important to the Potter universe but it certainly does a nice job switching up the otherwise rather monotonous colorscheme of a Hogwarts display. The figures here are all great and exclusive to this set and the aftermarket price hasn't seen that much of an increase, I would definitely get this one. 

I’d say all three of the sets are too specific to get remade already. The two sort-of remakes we have thus far can easily co-exist with their precursors, whereas remakes of these three could not :shrug_oh_well: I think we’ll first see remakes of Hagrid’s Hut (preferably the PS/CoS version), the Hogwarts Express, and something Quidditch-related before they touch any of them again.

Besides, there’s so much iconic stuff left they don’t even have to resort to remakes already. If they’re desperate to give us another Voldy, just make a set based on his duel with Dumbledore from OotP instead of remaking the graveyard set. Feeling a GoT itch? Scratch it by releasing a set based on the second task :tongue: Want to shove in Pettigrew somewhere? The Shrieking Shack is right there :grin:

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They never said that...

Phew! That's good. I just remembered an interview with a designer who said it didn't fit with their values or something...

Just now, PumpkinPasties said:

Announcement for what? :)

The March 2022 sets (Moments Divination & DADA and the Hospital Wing - Hogwarts Chest is already announced).

20 minutes ago, PumpkinPasties said:

Phew! That's good. I just remembered an interview with a designer who said it didn't fit with their values or something...

That is right. I remember that interview and how pathetic it souded to me, because clearly making set based on murder and torture scene (aka graveyard) is more in line with their kid friendly values :DDD

Edited by Textorix

Nothing really restarts until 4th here in the UK so I wasn't expecting much, although I don't know what schedule of bank holidays other countries are working too.

15 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Nothing really restarts until 4th here in the UK so I wasn't expecting much, although I don't know what schedule of bank holidays other countries are working too.

It seems only UK does this replacement bank holiday on 3 January (that I know of). I checked public holidays in Denmark and there were none in January. I wished the Netherlands would have a day off today, but that's not the case. :(

My dream D2C set would be the Hogwarts Express, done in an expert style, with at least two coaches, and Hogsmeade or Kings Cross station.  You could do something beautiful with those.  I'm a train fan anyway, and knew that all previous ones have been very inaccurate, but seeing 5972 Olton Hall, known more often as Hogwarts Castle (or amongst British train fans, the Hall that thinks it's a Castle (2 GWR classes of steam locomotive were the Hall class, and the Castle, with each locomotive being named xxx Hall or xxx Castle) as just increased my anger.  The Hogwarts Express deserves a better representation, and it's also a set from four years ago now.  

Also, the chances of a $469.99 Gringotts are very slim.