Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I have built the DA during the last week and first of all the 16 year stamp make little sense, it is just as detailed as a modular building only that it is a much bigger set :shrug_oh_well:
The build of all the buildings is very different and should be no problems for a Lego designer to do something new in a future set even if some of the buildings in the street is similar in shape to the once we have got already.
I like the set even more now that I have built it, with all the details, colours and different built techniques :sweet: I have been on the more DA train all along, but now I want the other buildings even more, as I have mentioned we could get a yearly set with a new building so we slowly can expand the street.
The moments sets and the new Hogwarts style is more aimed at younger kids and the icons set is more for adults and display, so there is little new now for older kids and teens (and adults) in the theme. So I really hope the D2C is a minifigscale display set like DA or the first wave of Hogwarts sets, however I have little hope that it is a DA expansion :sceptic: 

Here something I've noticed from the price list in the first page of this thread.

76404: Advent Calendar | $44.99

I suppose at the moment we cannot be sure about any statements over future sets, but if assumptions on 76404 are correct the 2022 Advent Calendar will cost more than the 2021 one.

As you can see on Lego shop (LEGO® Harry Potter™ Advent Calendar 76390 | Harry Potter™ | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US) the 2021 Advent Calendar was $39.99.

I think that all of you knows about 2021 lack of resources and inflation.

$5 difference between the 2 sets is an increase of 12.5%.

I don't know if LEGO is really increasing prices on its products, but increased price could bring to

1) sets with the old price but with less pieces or the same amount of pieces but less expensive ones (we already seen grilles instead of baseplates);

2) sets more expensive, but with the usual number of pieces and expensive pieces;

3) ...

If it's the case, I suppose that they will go with a mixed strategy (some sets costing more, some sets having less pieces or less expensive pieces...)

What do you think?

PS: Just as an example, Diagon Alley was $399.99. With a 12.5% price increasing it would cost $450.

2 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

As you can see on Lego shop (LEGO® Harry Potter™ 1) sets with the old price but with less pieces or the same amount of pieces but less expensive ones (we already seen grilles instead of baseplates);

I thought part of the point with the grilles is it enabled better movement of the minifigs with the firstie legs? Because you can't move the legs separately, their movement is restricted, and having a grilles without the studs for large areas meant you could pin and swivel a fig. 

8 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I thought part of the point with the grilles is it enabled better movement of the minifigs with the firstie legs?

Well, this a reason to use grilles instead than baseplate, but this doesn't appear to be the reason for LEGO to use them as you can read in this message from the old thread.

I wish they'd unveil the March sets so I can get a better look at the inside of the Divination class and Hospital Wing.

Edited by BrickFunatic

Thanks for going to the effort, @BrickMatit. I never would have found that quote. :classic:

What a strange justification for it though. How much savings can the grille possibly bring? 

Do we know if we will get more additions to the Hogwarts system that started this year? With the green roof, because if we do then I will start collecting the sets. 

does parvati still have the printed bindi from the advent calendar? would be cool if she didn’t but wouldn’t be surprised 

Edited by dyl-and

3 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Do we know if we will get more additions to the Hogwarts system that started this year? With the green roof, because if we do then I will start collecting the sets. 

We're going to see at least one addition with the green roof, the clock tower is being reincorporated into the Infirmary set. As the designers have said to consider the anniversary style a soft reboot, we're likely to see more. 

5 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

don't know if LEGO is really increasing prices on its products, but increased price could bring to

Well it seems as if they're increasing only advent calendar prices so I wouldn't worry about this too much

1 hour ago, Flixter said:

Well it seems as if they're increasing only advent calendar prices so I wouldn't worry about this too much

Lego generally builds toa price point. The advent calendar may be one of the few where they have a minimum piece number/volume as otherwise each day won't be sufficient. Whereas with other sets they can set the price and then budget a reduced piece count/volume to match. With supply chain issues and inflation as they are, it would surprise me if there were smaller sets for the price or more small pieces used to artificially inflate the price. It's not about being sneaky or mean spirited, it's just the economics of it.

I just finished building the Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets.  Overall, despite being a generally weaker build than the 2018 Great Hall, I think the new set is still pretty fun, and I do appreciate some of the things they did to keep the set feeling different from the 2018 set.  The Great Hall itself has details such as the Owl Lecturn and the cereal boxes which are nice to have.  The dueling feature also adds some solid playability.  The stickers for Lockhart's classroom and office add some amusing detail.  The slide into the Chamber of Secrets is a good addition, though you can't do as much with it unless you have the Polyjuice set to place above it.  The door and the Chamber itself are solid builds that incorporate a lot of details.  I like how many chocolate frogs are scattered throughout the build.  This set alone has twice as many chocolate frogs than in every set in the past from 2018-2020 put together.  Of course, the basilisk is much better than that thing we got in 2018. 

The minifigure selection is solid, though Tom Riddle might need his legs swapped out, and Luna is a confusing inclusion for a COS set that only feels justified because it means getting a torso with Ravenclaw robes.  Another opportunity to get Lockhart is always great, and Sinistra is a good addition to the Hogwarts staff.  Colin and Justin are noteworthy characters to COS that I'm glad were included here, as they wouldn't have made for particularly interesting inclusions in a CMF series.

Overall, I'd probably give this set a 7.5/10, or an 8/10 if you also have the Polyjuice Potion Mistake set to connect to it.

Edited by spiderfan2000

Nice to hear something positive about a 2021 Hogwarts set. :laugh: I’m personally on the fence with the Chamber of Secrets. I don’t have any of the previous Hogwarts sets (exluding the polyjuice mistake) and have been thinking about a Hogwarts setup. I don’t actually mind the green roofs but the exteriors look otherwise rather dull. The interiors, however, are great. Especially Lockhart’s office and classroom. I reckon I’ll get the Chamber if next year’s Hogwarts sets are interesting and connect naturally on the exterior.

That would be just Hogwarts without the main characters

I think we would know by now 

Clearer leaks on Instagram of new moments and Hospital wing sets. The Moody figure looks great and it’s a trans 1x1 print for the time turner. Gutted that we’re still getting the far inferior Hermione face from before CMF series 2 as I personally don’t like making changes to figures if I can help it.

Definitely looks like a heart-shaped stopper in one of the vials and I think the Madam Pomfrey face could be new but not sure.

There’s also a much clearer view of the Moody microfigure and the inside of the DADA book which shows a dark mark print. Parvati has a new face print too without a bindi which is a nice plus - certainly more accurate than Harry’s hair!

Edited by Yope

After building all of the new castle style sets this Christmas, including the Dorms set, I’ve changed my mind on them. Apart from being a lot less detailed, I do like how they all interlink and look good together on display. Still much prefer the old style, but I’m happy with these for now I’m looking forward to what more they can add to it, starting with the Hospital Wing. 

55 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

On what Insta-account do you see those images?

There’s some from our very own @Falconfan1414, they’re actually from yesterday. The first image is of ninjago spinners so you’ll have to swipe past to get to Harry Potter.

Just a quick flag that apparently the Griffindor Dormitory set has been appearing in some LEGO stores for normal sale in the UK. If anyone sees one, do think of me (please)...!

10 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Just a quick flag that apparently the Griffindor Dormitory set has been appearing in some LEGO stores for normal sale in the UK. If anyone sees one, do think of me (please)...!

I'm nowhere near a store, but heard that too. £17.99 although Bluewater apparently out.

28 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm nowhere near a store, but heard that too. £17.99 although Bluewater apparently out.

Stratford has none. Birmingham has loads (supposedly). 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:40 PM, BrickFunatic said:

Have you guys seen the newest banner on Lego Shop (UK, at least)? There isn't a regular Voldemort figure in a set currently on sale now, so I can see us getting one next year. It's truly shocking to me that Death Eaters and Voldemort have played such a small part in this theme so far! Five years in and we've only gotten one Death Eater (which was based on the controversial and weaker version). I really don't see them as much darker than Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers, and Rise of Voldemort is literally the darkest scene in the entire franchise IMO. I wonder if we might see a small MoM OoTP battle set next year?

VPcqg1V.png

I hope we never get that Harry figure ever again.

6 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I hope we never get that Harry figure ever again.

We're not...This time he has a streak of dirt on his t-shirt.

Edited by BrickFunatic