Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

[...] Interior-wise it could include either of the previously mentioned in addition to a hallway with the crouching witch statue. [...]

The 470$ set could of course be a Gringott's + DA expansion and it would serve the build better, however, I hope that is not case as the price is ridiculous. I believe it would be odd not to sell Gringott's individually as a more affordable set due to its iconic nature. The set could be a micro-scale quidditch world cup stadium in the vein of the football stadiums. License + the Leprechaun etc. could result in the higher price tag. However, the lack of screen time makes it feel very unlikely. I just wish I could get a Gringott's for max 200$. :hmpf:

Finally, someone else who wants the Gunhilda de Gorsemoor statue. :laugh:

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is we'd see Gringotts separate and more affordable for masses. I just can't imagine they'd price the building that far out of reach for so many. If the D2C is DA/KA at all, then I'd expect it to be similar in size to the existing DA with a bunch of misc shops and more expensive because the Leaky is slightly larger and needs to include the brick wall. 

What if we get Gringotts with the Iron Belly on top or down in the vault area and the vaults below with a mine cart or two with some sort of motorization for the mine carts on the track?  That could be the ultimate D2C Gringotts and possibly justify the high price tag.

I'd love a highly detailed Leaky Cauldron with the Wall but unless it comes with the other side of DA or part of Knockturn Alley I can't see it being the D2C.

The only other options for the D2C I can envision are a motorized Hogwarts Express with both the King's Cross Station & Hogsmeade Station or a highly detailed Quidditch Pitch or a micro scale version of either of these.

49 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Finally, someone else who wants the Gunhilda de Gorsemoor statue. :laugh:

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is we'd see Gringotts separate and more affordable for masses. I just can't imagine they'd price the building that far out of reach for so many. If the D2C is DA/KA at all, then I'd expect it to be similar in size to the existing DA with a bunch of misc shops and more expensive because the Leaky is slightly larger and needs to include the brick wall. 

That would make more sense to me, because Gringotts with the dragon is a very iconic location just from the theme park. I bet quite a lot of people recognize it who haven't even watched the movies. That being said, I can't see the D2C being anything to do with DA if it doesn't have Gringotts; it just seems too expensive. So then I would think the D2C would be something else. Either way, I'm exited for more info.

8 minutes ago, karrit said:

[...] micro scale version [...]

The first person to suggest a microscale Gringotts / DA will be launched directly into the Sun :tongue:

The more I think about it, the more I start to believe that this may actually be it and we finally get our long-awaited Gringotts set. I swore I wouldn't get tricked into expecting it AGAIN, but third time's a charm, innit :laugh: The only other idea I've heard so far that's actually worthy of being the new flagship set of the theme is a motorized Hogwarts Express with station, but I have more of a hard believing that compared to a $470 Gringotts. The train itself sure is iconic, but Hogsmead station, which would have to make up a decent portion of the set, not so much. Actually, I have no idea what it looks like without looking it up :grin: I'd rather see a new HE as a $120 set or so as opposed to the new ultimate HP set 

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The first person to suggest a microscale Gringotts / DA will be launched directly into the Sun :tongue:

We already got the micro scale DA GWP so to me even a more extensive one would be redundant and pale in comparison to what we got in minifig scale two years ago.  I could only see it as a possibility if it were a diorama that included Knockturn Alley & multiple streets like the maps that have been created .  I don't buy microscale so anything they offer in that vein is money saved for me. 

They did wow me with the Icons set but I hope that was a one off & we get something Minifig scale this time as long as it's not a Quidditch Pitch.

49 minutes ago, karrit said:

What if we get Gringotts with the Iron Belly on top or down in the vault area and the vaults below with a mine cart or two with some sort of motorization for the mine carts on the track?  That could be the ultimate D2C Gringotts and possibly justify the high price tag.

Personally I'd love that. Incorporating the dragon belly into Gringotts. Maybe with a play feature, possibly something mechanical.

And/or the vault mine cart tracks too.

I'd hope they'd do it really well as both display and play pieces. And this would give a decent budget to achieve it.

Have we acknowledged just how weird a $470 price tag is? I mean, have we ever had a D2C at a price more than $200 and not end on a factor of $50? It makes no damn sense!

Compels me though.

Hey, I'm a long time lurker although haven't visited in quite a long time. 

Could anyone please explain the lay of the land for me, I'm sure this has been much discussed at this point, but I've missed all discourse on the new 20th anniversary sets and the changes they've made to the line.

Is the 2018-2020 theme 'done'? or does it still continue despite there now being duplicate sets? Have Lego discussed this at all and how did fans react?

I was disappointed to see these sets - as I was initially getting every set of the revived 2018+ theme, but now it seems futile, I have no interest in *some* of the 20th sets (the castle ones), but then there's other's like Hogsmede that we hadn't actually got in the main line yet, and I don't know what's going on or what to expect. Do I skip the 20th sub line, or is this *the* HP theme now?

I'm someone that was irrationally annoyed that Private Drive included a 2nd ford anglia that was different to the Willow set because it spoilt the deliberate and complete nature of the theme, so this year has been extremely distressing for me!

Are we still expecting to get a wave mainly based on Deathly Hallows part 1&2 after the first 3 years dealt mainly with 1&2, 2&3, and 4&5?

Any word on a CMF next year?

8 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Have we acknowledged just how weird a $470 price tag is? I mean, have we ever had a D2C at a price more than $200 and not end on a factor of $50? It makes no damn sense!

Compels me though.

Titanic is $630

Hi @thecallumread I'll try to answer you, for what I know, hoping I don't make errors :classic: 

At the beginning, Lego had a 3 years project for Harry Potter theme. So, basically, what you've called 2018-2020 theme has ended.

The 20th anniversary of Harry Potter first set was the occasion for Lego to make a new beginning with a very different style from the previous one.

Fans reaction is difficult to estimate for me, because I can talk only about what I've seen on this forum and, anyway, these are just my impressions. For what I've read, this 2nd series of sets (2021-...) at the moment has generated less entusiasm than the 1st one (2018-2020). There's also a bit of disappointment because LEGO decided to close the 1st series without facing DH movies (the fact that LEGO refers to Warner Bross/Harry Potter movies is something to keep strongly in mind when talking about possible future sets, in my opinion).

And talking about DH sets, in the past a LEGO designer, if I remember correctly, said expressly that they decided to not cover DH. But there's always the hope they will change their mind. 

At the moment I think we know nothing about a possible future 3rd Harry Potter CMF.

For what we've seen untill now for the future:

- you can expect almost surely continuation of the new series with the 2021 style;

- you can probably expect (or hope  about) new sets with some remakes and something new; at the moment no 2021 set is a pure remake of a 2018-2020 set: there's always something different like scenes depicted, focus or characters (the Great Hall remake, for example, is now just a part of a bigger set focused on the Chamber of Secrets; the future Hospital Wing set is the remake of just a part of the 2019 Clock Tower set, is focused on the Timeturner scene from PoA and has Mrs. Pomfrey as a completely new character);

- if LEGO is following the same pattern of the 2018-2020 series, there's the possibility that 2022 sets will cover PoA and GoF movies;

- there's the new Fantastic Beasts movie and it's impossible to say if LEGO is going to produce sets related, how many and how big.

New style is different from the old one, but it's not impossible to merge old series sets with new series ones. @Textorix has realised a digital model you can see here.

Anyway, sets like Hogsmeade Village and any future sets located out of Hogwarts can easily be put near the 2018-2020 sets without problem, I believe.

Edited by BrickMatit

@BrickMatit That was a very helpful reply, thank you.

How disappointing! I certainly preferred the style of the 2018-21 sets. However if I'm wanting to collect the theme long-term it looks like I'll have to start actually getting these 20th anniversary ones. I did love the look of the Chess set, although I don't think I've ever seen it in stock!

Wow! That moc is exactly what I'd hoped the (2018+) official castle sets would eventually look like when combined! A shame it's 'finished' with the Astronomy Tower now. But it is interesting to note how things like this moc are a possibility with the new sets. 

Hello, I've been lurking here on and off.

My own guessing on the D2C is:

- Hogwarts in minifig scale and the current microfig scale Hogwarts would probably retiring next year. They did the same with great hall. I think many fans would appreciate an good looking Hogwarts in minifig scale.

Or

- Gringotts with the Ironbelly and maybe some shops. I hope Rita Skeeter would come with it.

My hope is also to get Lupin as an werewolf, not only as an minifig with a head of an werewolf. I hope we get some creatures next year. Also Sirius as an dog in the same set would be nice, in the haunted house or the whomping willow.

I also hope we get an set with the second task with some merepeople and an set with the Durmstrang ship.

8 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I’ll say it first… the €470 set will be another ´icons’ situation../

This was the exact same thought i had, half a second before i read your comment.

42 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I’ll say it first… the €470 set will be another ´icons’ situation../

If that's the case, what do you suspect it could be? Nimbus 2000?

21 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

If that's the case, what do you suspect it could be? Nimbus 2000?

That isn’t a bad shout. I could see that as a display piece. Maybe the tri-wizard cup? Either way, not really my cup of tea but I’m sure they’d find their audience.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Actually, I have no idea what it looks like without looking it up :grin: I'd rather see a new HE as a $120 set or so as opposed to the new ultimate HP set 

That's because there were at least two different stations. The first looked like the rest of the buildings we're used to seeing in Hogsmeade, except it was a bunch of them in a row to form the platform. And the second had a sort of boat house look to it, more in keeping with the architecture of the castle. 

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/b/b1/Hogsmeadestation2.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20090807165657

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Personally I'd love that. Incorporating the dragon belly into Gringotts. Maybe with a play feature, possibly something mechanical.

And/or the vault mine cart tracks too.

I'd hope they'd do it really well as both display and play pieces. And this would give a decent budget to achieve it.

The suitability for play features is part of what makes me think it'll end up being in the kids' range instead. Are any of the D2C's particularly 'playable'?

The D2C could be another artwork. Portraits of the golden trio. Or worse, Dumbledore. 

Edited by krimimimi

On 12/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, BacktoBricks said:

Very true. The books are an interesting build and I love how Hedwig slots on top (you'll see when you get there).

OK well I finished it and I have to say that I really, really love it! I don't want this to become a staple type of HP set, but as a one-off it's pretty genius and a lovely display piece. The build was very fun and varied except Hedwig, which got repetitive and reminded me of what I imagine building a big SW spaceship would be like. There were definitely some surprising techniques and I'm happy I got it. :pir-love:

22 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Watch all of them! You just have to build the set very, very slowly :laugh:

Haha I actually did manage to watch Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone 1 + 2 and Harry Potter 1 while building it. :pir-huzzah2:

22 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Definitely buy. I am building it and it is a joy. It's great as a display and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a build this much. Lots of variety, not too repetitive, etc.

Have to agree for the most part. I loved the experience (mostly) and even more so, the finished product! :pir-stareyes:

On 12/26/2021 at 11:00 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Question about the Hogwarts Moments from last year: did anyone else have problems with the Charms book closing flush? The other three are fine, but Charms seems to have a gap when closing both sides together. It's not a huge deal, just wondering if anyone else ran into this when building.

One of mine does this and I'm not sure which one. Probably Charms too. I'll check.

1 hour ago, Crookshanks said:

Hogwarts in minifig scale and the current microfig scale Hogwarts would probably retiring next year. They did the same with great hall. I think many fans would appreciate an good looking Hogwarts in minifig scale.

Yes please!!!

Have you guys seen the newest banner on Lego Shop (UK, at least)? There isn't a regular Voldemort figure in a set currently on sale now, so I can see us getting one next year. It's truly shocking to me that Death Eaters and Voldemort have played such a small part in this theme so far! Five years in and we've only gotten one Death Eater (which was based on the controversial and weaker version). I really don't see them as much darker than Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers, and Rise of Voldemort is literally the darkest scene in the entire franchise IMO. I wonder if we might see a small MoM OoTP battle set next year?

VPcqg1V.png

Still hoping lego makes a Molly with better hair, here i did a mock up of her with the new Ms. Marvel hair piece.

Molly.png

12 minutes ago, deskp said:

Still hoping lego makes a Molly with better hair, here i did a mock up of her with the new Ms. Marvel hair piece.

That looks excellent :thumbup: When that hairpiece was first revealed, I was wondering if there's another character it would fit, and now I have an answer :laugh:

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

The suitability for play features is part of what makes me think it'll end up being in the kids' range instead. Are any of the D2C's particularly 'playable'?

The D2C could be another artwork. Portraits of the golden trio. Or worse, Dumbledore. 

I think Diagon Alley is very playable. Many other D2Cs are too. Especially Creator Expert, LEGO Movie, Ninjago, Monkie Kid (do the big sets count as D2C?). MBS in Star Wars are also very playable. I think if the intent is there, the designers can pull it off. It's just whether that's what they are trying to do. I live in hope!

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

My main wish for next year is we don't get a set as shockingly bad as Fluffy Encounter.

Totally agree with you.

For Christmas I received Fluffy Encounter set (and also Hogsmeade Village).

When I first saw the set images some months ago I though the Fluffy set wouldn't be so good, but when I started building it... damn it's even worse (just my 2 cents opinion :wink:).

The main part in the set is, obviously, Fluffy. When I had finished building it I had to admit this is the ugliest thing I've ever built from 2018. Related to it even the small and the almost insignificant  Devil's Snare looks like as piece of art :iamded_lol:. Yeah, I don't like Fluffy.