Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I agree with @BrickBob Studpants on this one. This point a third CMF series feels unnecesary, except if is based on DH

A DH CMF could be a way to circumvent TLG's (absurd) conflict with that movie in regards to their values

12 separate minifigures cant be considered too violent or too dark on their own, similar to what they did with Cedric, putting him away from the graveyard duel set

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A third CMF series would be pretty pointless now that they only include 12 minifigs since they’d mostly likely try to shove in the trio, Dumbledore, Neville, and Luna anyway :tongue: I’d rather get the missing characters in sets and free the CMF slot for a franchise that needs it more :shrug_oh_well: 

To be fair, now the pattern of 16 figures per wave has been broken, perhaps the Neville, Luna and Albus tradition would go too. 

I am no marvel fan but prefer that licenced CMF to Looney Tunes or Simpsons cos at lease there are useful hair and head pieces. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A third CMF series would be pretty pointless now that they only include 12 minifigs since they’d mostly likely try to shove in the trio, Dumbledore, Neville, and Luna anyway :tongue: I’d rather get the missing characters in sets and free the CMF slot for a franchise that needs it more :shrug_oh_well: 

I sort of agree, but there's some obvious minifigs they haven't made yet ie Order of the Phoenix Tonks and Sirius, Rita Skeeter etc.. but these are all set sellers in their own right so I can understand why a CMF may not happen.

Like @Flixter said you could literally make a FB CMF all on its own just from Crimes of Grindelwald never mind SoD. Newt, Jacob, Queenie, Tina, Credence, Grindelwald, Dumbledore, Nagini, Yusuf, Flamel, Theseus and Leta. Just can't see this one happening tbh as much as it could knock out every minifigure needed from that film series with one CMF.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, I have to say, I absolutely loved this year's Advent Calendar. Probably my favourite AC ever.

It's awesome how the gifts were sorted so that you open them in chronological order.

I liked it. Loved the Platform 9 3/4 signage, the birthday cake and the story it told. Sounds silly but the shapes on the game board left me guessing, wondering what could be coming next!

I thought some of the builds were really boring i.e. the station trolley, the first half of the vault, but you can't win them all with the AC's, and it still beats building yet another arbitrary christmas tree.

10 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Is anyone else really sad they put back the sets? I was so looking forwards to buying and building them next week.

Pretty sure I'm getting the Chamber of Secrets from Santa tomorrow :laugh: Would have enjoyed having the Clock Tower to include too tbh as I don't see this Hogwarts system being a build I keep up for very long. 

Edited by drewdotexe

We absolutely need a third (and more) CMFs. If Lego is wise then they will make them. HP is a beloved franchise with an audience that has been around for 25+ years and only continues to grow. People actually care about the characters and getting them in their different outfits. And young children love collecting them. Comparing HP to other franchises (that I'm not allowed to name) is like comparing a McDonalds burger to something from a fine cuisine restaurant. With obvious exceptions, the figures from sets simply do not compare to CMF-quality figures on a mass scale. And who would take 4 new molds a year when you could have 14? There are endless possibilities. 

Spoiler

Harry- Second task, Wedding outfit, DH ending outfit with stone, Winter outfit, Quidditch World Cup outfit
Ron- Wedding outfit, Winter outfit with deluminator, DH ending outfit, OOTP ending outfit, Quidditch World Cup outfit, OOTP uniform with Patronus. Quidditch,
Hermione- Wedding outfit, Winter outfit with hat, DH ending with new ponytail, Winter outfit with book and longer hair, Travel outfit with bag, OOTP ending outfit, Pjs and dressing gown with book, Hogsmeade outfit, Third year uniform with time turner and tied-up hair, Quidditch World Cup outfit
Dumbledore- First scene with deluminator or baby Harry, HPB with horcrux and bad hand,
Luna- Barefoot with baby thestral, DH ending outfit, OOTP ending outfit, Wedding outfit,
Neville- Sweater vest with Mimbulus mimbletonia, PJs with Trevor, OOTP ending, DH ending, Yule Ball,
Ginny- WWW outfit with Pygmy Puff, Christmas outfit, train outfit, PS Ginny, Yule Ball, Quidditch, OOTP uniform with patronus,
Lavendar- With new hair + ribbon
Victor: Wedding outfit, 2nd task, 3rd task, uniform,
Cedric: Uniform, second task
Fleur: Wedding outfit, Second task, third task with new hairpiece, improved Yule Ball version
New characters: Lee Jordan, Mr Lovegood, Narcasissa, Rita, Grey Lady, Crouch, Kreacher, Marge, Bill, Percy (with hat) Penelope, Pansy, All the DH wizards, Aberforth, Death eaters, 
New outfits: Sirius (OOTP), Tonks (OOTP), Remus, Fred + George (sweaters) (uniforms) (yule ball) (wedding), a better Mrs Weasley (wedding), Older Seamus, older Crabbe + Goyle, Draco (suit), McG (yule ball, black outfit)
Creatures: Fang, Pygmy Puff, Grindylow, Werewolf, Crookshanks, The Grim, Mrs Norris, Tabby cat (McG), Crookshanks, Merperson, baby Thestral, 

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Comparing HP to other franchises (that I'm not allowed to name) is like comparing a McDonalds burger to something from a fine cuisine restaurant.

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

I don't think casual HP fans need a minifigure for every time Harry changes clothes

That also would mean the minifigures of the sets would be either repetitive or just less detailed versions of the CMFs

Instead of a CMF, I'd like a "Vignettes" set like this one. Maybe one per movie, includind the most iconic/important moments or fan favorites scenes

LEGO Chinese New Year 2022 Sets Revealed - The Brick Fan

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Comparing HP to other franchises (that I'm not allowed to name) is like comparing a McDonalds burger to something from a fine cuisine restaurant.

Bruh :jollyroger:

Me when I lie.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Instead of a CMF, I'd like a "Vignettes" set like this one. Maybe one per movie, includind the most iconic/important moments or fan favorites scenes

LEGO Chinese New Year 2022 Sets Revealed - The Brick Fan

My first reaction is 'those are very cute!' (and thanks for sharing it). My second reaction is how many pieces are wasted in a repetitive base build whose parts I don't need? I just looked at the piece count, and that set is somewhere between the Burrow and the CoS in number of bricks. For the size of the set, I'd far rather have more castle sections with parts I can use for my own builds. (CoS, for example, has somewhere between 11 and 13 of those little sections.) 

That said, if they want to make more vignette-y castle sections, I definitely wouldn't object. All those empty 8x8 sections in my castle aren't great. Making sense of them would go a ways to improving the format. 

I hope that everyone who celebrates has a wonderful Christmas, and that everyone gets at least one thing from their Wishlist in the sets next year.

Edited by BrickFunatic

On 12/22/2021 at 8:00 PM, BrickFunatic said:

If everyone could pick one new minifigure (could be a new variant or a completely new character), one new mold and one new location they wanted to see next year, what would it be?

I think mine would be Hagrid without his overcoat, Fang and the Gryffindor Common Room.

Nice activity 👍

Mine: Figure: Igor Karkaroff

New mould: 8x4x12ish bells tower roof half section (similar to the old 10487 roof but more streamlined and screen accurate)

New location: Department of Mysteries 

On 12/24/2021 at 2:55 AM, spiderfan2000 said:

This could make a pretty good one if done correctly.  Include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Crabbe and Pike from that scene, and you have a full minifigure lineup for the calendar already.  A micro Shrieking Shack as one of the builds would be a nice touch too.  There's probably a decent number of Hogsmeade themed things that could be included to fill out the rest of the daily builds.  

I literally made a Hogsmeade AC MOC this month quite like this on my IG page 😅 @mylegoharrypotter most of the builds are for the Hogsmeade street 

Of course there is enough material to fill numerous Harry Potter CMF series, but I'd argue that we already didn't need some of what we've gotten in both sets and CMF. We didn't need the trio in those random HBP outfits, we didn't need Slug Club, we didn't need another Neville in Series 2, we didn't need the twins in nearly identical but not quite the same winter outfits (they could've done one twin in robes to make robes available in the series while scrapping Neville and one in the winter outfit, for example), we didn't need Luna in her Gryffindor lion headgear, we didn't need Sinistra or both Mr and Mrs Flume in sets this year.

That's not to say I dislike any of those figures, because in fact I love many of them, but I'm just saying we've gotten minor outfits/characters and repeats we didn't need, and are still missing a few figures we do, so another CMF wouldn't guarantee anything anyway.

17 hours ago, krimimimi said:

My first reaction is 'those are very cute!' (and thanks for sharing it). My second reaction is how many pieces are wasted in a repetitive base build whose parts I don't need? I just looked at the piece count, and that set is somewhere between the Burrow and the CoS in number of bricks. For the size of the set, I'd far rather have more castle sections with parts I can use for my own builds. (CoS, for example, has somewhere between 11 and 13 of those little sections.) 

That said, if they want to make more vignette-y castle sections, I definitely wouldn't object. All those empty 8x8 sections in my castle aren't great. Making sense of them would go a ways to improving the format. 

Of course this always bumps up the price. But I think these dioramas are nice additions to the standard sets. They make for nice presents for adult fans. I know many adults who adore the microscale Hogwarts, Newts suitcase and this kind while they only see a bunch of messy parts with the system scale sets.

I hope they'll do more of these kind of sets including "books", book stoppers and so on. I'm still waiting for a book stopper-Hogwarts express!!

16 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm thinking of buying Hogwarts Icons tomorrow with my Christmas money. Would anyone recommend it, or not?

Do you find value in sets that don't have ("normal" not golden) minifigures in and are build focused and, if so, will you have space to display it? If so, it's an interesting build and makes an exceptional display piece, but if it's just going to end up disassembled again, then I would say save your money for the coming year as it's clearly going to be an expensive one for this theme. If you want the golden figures though regardless, then I would get it for those alone and the build experience because buying them separately is disproportionately costly in my opinion. Merry Christmas. :classic:

55 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm thinking of buying Hogwarts Icons tomorrow with my Christmas money. Would anyone recommend it, or not?

Originally, I didn't like the rumors of this set when I heard it, then I saw it and moved to a "meh, but that's cool", but then....I found myself going back to the pictures and now it's one I'm DEFINITLEY planning on buying. I'd buy it now but I need to recovery financially from this years sets already!  I live in a tiny apartment for having this hobby so have to rotate my sets but i'd keep this one a permanent display in my office. I'd recommend it. 

I was thinking of buying this year’s castle sets and changing the roofs to grey, but upon watching a youtube video I realized how dull and ugly they look given their exterior doesn’t help in the first place (the green makes them stand out more) so then I thought about doing the opposite with the 2018-2020 sets and change them to green.

I’ll be checking which parts are available in green, but so far one of those textured cone pieces (which I love and it’s a bummer) does not exist in green yet.

I could easily skip these new sets but I really feel the 2018-2020 ones are missing many of these new rooms, except for the Great Hall which could be turned into a classroom or something (using pieces from the moments sets, or AC’s, or even the upcoming trunk)  

On 12/24/2021 at 2:38 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. It was light on actual Christmas-related stuff, but there’s only so many Christmas tree, present, fireplace, and food item variants they can make before it gets stale :tongue: The last two covered these grounds very well, so it was time for something new, and the calendar definitely delivered. The Hogwarts Express ticket and Harry’s cake alone are worth it, especially since they were unlikely to show up elsewhere. For future ACs, I hope they keep this year’s style :thumbup:

All of the printed parts are great but those two are the definite standouts. I concur on keeping this build style goin

On 12/24/2021 at 7:48 AM, BrickFunatic said:

We absolutely need a third (and more) CMFs. If Lego is wise then they will make them. HP is a beloved franchise with an audience that has been around for 25+ years and only continues to grow. People actually care about the characters and getting them in their different outfits. And young children love collecting them. Comparing HP to other franchises (that I'm not allowed to name) is like comparing a McDonalds burger to something from a fine cuisine restaurant. With obvious exceptions, the figures from sets simply do not compare to CMF-quality figures on a mass scale. And who would take 4 new molds a year when you could have 14? There are endless possibilities. 

You’re right, that other franchise has a much deeper roster of characters that would be better suited a CMF series(or more). 

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do you find value in sets that don't have ("normal" not golden) minifigures in and are build focused and, if so, will you have space to display it? If so, it's an interesting build and makes an exceptional display piece, but if it's just going to end up disassembled again, then I would say save your money for the coming year as it's clearly going to be an expensive one for this theme. If you want the golden figures though regardless, then I would get it for those alone and the build experience because buying them separately is disproportionately costly in my opinion. Merry Christmas. :classic:

Thanks, hope you had a great Christmas too! I really want the figures and the potions most of all, and I know it's going to cost me nearly as much if I just bought them. I like the set and think it looks great as a display but it's a lot of money when so much is coming this year. I will sleep on it and decide tomorrow. I wish double points were on and I'd be a lot more tempted. 

8 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Thanks, hope you had a great Christmas too! I really want the figures and the potions most of all, and I know it's going to cost me nearly as much if I just bought them. I like the set and think it looks great as a display but it's a lot of money when so much is coming this year. I will sleep on it and decide tomorrow. I wish double points were on and I'd be a lot more tempted. 

I did thank you. No Lego (I've already bought it all for myself), but I did get Lego gift cards for the first time. They're going to come in handy next year! I got the set for the same reason: the figures, the bottles and the letter. That being said, I would at least wait for a promo or double VIP. It's actually OOS online so I'm presuming your store will have it.

Now that the sets aren't all must-buys for me anymore (1/14? Is a very low amount) having a price list isn't very useful, but it's still cool to have. As for the D2C I really hope it isn't DA/Gringotts. IMO there aren't enough interesting or iconic DA buildings to justify a $470 set. I think a Quidditch Pitch is the best idea I've read here. I've seen plenty of large MOCs if it so there's clearly some interest and it would be a good opportunity to make some interesting and obscure characters to fill the stands. It would also be just uninteresting enough for me to skip it and not want to buy it. 

39 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

IMO there aren't enough interesting or iconic DA buildings to justify a $470 set.

Huh? Big Gringotts building with dragon, Leaky Cauldron with brick wall entrance, Borgin & Burkes with a bit of Knockturn Alley would easily make $470 set for me. All of them pretty iconic, in fact more iconic than half of buildings included in 2020 DA set :D If that wasnt enough they could add Madam Malkins shop to make it more colorful, but I think it would be already at 6000+ pieces without it, considering Gringotts and even Leaky Cauldron should be bigger than regular DA buildings.

Edited by Textorix

19 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Huh? Big Gringotts building with dragon, Leaky Cauldron with brick wall entrance, Borgin & Burkes with a bit of Knockturn Alley would easily make $470 set for me. All of them pretty iconic, in fact more iconic than half of buildings included in 2020 DA set :D 

Have to agree.

40 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I think a Quidditch Pitch is the best idea I've read here. 

The day they announce a $470 Quidditch set is the day I stop being a completionist :laugh_hard: No offense, but to me that's the absolute worst option available since I view Quidditch as little more than a silly high school ball game that mostly serves as filler / action scene fodder. I'd unironically rather buy a $470 Dobby's sock :tongue: