Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's not.

How can you be so sure? Its questionble. :)

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There is no evidence to support this. Unless another reputable source says otherwise, we have no reason not to trust that info :tongue:

But we have reason to take it into count ;) Until its released there is plenty room for speculation and hypothesis. Including mine ;)

13 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

How can you be so sure? Its questionble. :)

Because he has his sources

I am not sure about the DA, but at least the 2 other D2C have come from what the designers more or less build for fun, so would not be surprised if this is the same. Something crazy that one designer built and the rest think looks good enough to be a set. The only way I can see this is a DA set is if they decided to do a fan-service since a lot of us wants more DA buildings :sceptic:

8 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

For people in the UK, the book with Percy is up for pre-order on Amazon for £15 with a September 13th release date.

For those in the UK, I suggest pre-ordering now. Amazon won't take the money until release day and if the price goes down at all it's protected by pre-order price guarantee. Managed to get £60 quid off a boxset of manga this way, insane. They may do similar schemes in other territories.

Edited by drewdotexe

41 minutes ago, Flixter said:

Because he has his sources

Source can be mistken :) I am not saying that this pricelist from Promobricks is wrong, I am just nit sure if its definitive. History tells us that proce can be changed eventually (or could be wrong at all) For example recent Home Alone set. :) 

19 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Source can be mistken :) I am not saying that this pricelist from Promobricks is wrong, I am just nit sure if its definitive. History tells us that proce can be changed eventually (or could be wrong at all) For example recent Home Alone set. :) 

He's got a good track record. Obviously there's always going to be room for error but I wouldn't get your hopes up that this list is false. It will most likely be a good indicator of what we actually get.

Edited by drewdotexe

A lot of YouTubers including Brick Clicker seem convinced it's Gringotts so dare we finally hope? I wonder if they'll make it super tall like the Daily Bugle but allow you to detach the top to display alongside DA? I really hope the Leaky Cauldron and brick wall is included. I can see Borgin & Burkes as a standalone set, but I would prefer all three in this set. Personally I think that these three buildings are more synonymous with Diagon Alley than everything in the DA set except Ollivanders (given WWW doesn't come until much later), so I don't think it's an obscure proposal at all.

22 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

The price of $470 was known in some circles before promobricks posted so have good faith in it. Think the home alone thing was more the wrong project got assigned to the wrong set number leading to the mistake :classic:

If they do a Durmstrang ship I really hope they keep it quite cheap because it's such a niche thing. I can see that being one of the retail exclusives. I don't want to pay over £60 for something that appears for a few seconds, but I still want it.

I really want to see how they'll do the Second Task because of the amount of minifigs needed. I feel like that and the Shrieking Shack are extremely likely because they have been some of the most expensive sets on aftermarket that haven't been remade yet for some time.

4 hours ago, droobles said:

What buildable characters do you all think are possible sets?

I think Buckbeak will be the creature. The +$10 increase is likely to include the moulded Buckbeak from Hagrid's hut as he's no longer on the market. Making it a retail exclusive means they'll have to produce less copies, too.

I can see them making a giant Ron to match Harry and Hermione. Dumbledore seems most likely to join him, but because of the pieces needed for his hair and beard, Draco also seems likely as suggested by potterminifigpals.

21 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

He's got a good track record. Obviously there's always going to be room for error but I wouldn't get your hopes up that this list is false. It will most likely be a good indicator of what we actually get.

Its not my “hope” I myself will pay 470 USD for s great DA add on (possibly Gringotts) but I was just say out loud that all speculations are based only on that proce tag. And my respinse is, what if the price tag is wrong? Thats it :) 

If the D2C is a Diagon Alley set with Gringotts or a Ministry of Magic, take my money now.

I am surprised we have not yet had a Dobby in the style of Yoda/The Child, surely that's on the roster for next year at ~£80-90 - he has a cult following and I think he would sell well. 

I suspect the lower priced sets are either modular Hogwarts expansions based on POA/GOF (perhaps the Goblet of Fire champions selection scene) or sets from the new FB film.

Won't be particularly excited if it turns out we get a new Knight bus, Hogwart's express, whomping willow, hagrid's hut, quidditch, etc. Less recycling and more original sets like Hogsmeade, please Lego!

It's fun to guess and dream though. (see 2019, 2020 threads...)

mmm... 470$ is a lot (well, at least for my pockets :snicker:).

As always, for set so expensive, my hope is that it would be a yes/no choice. Luckily, for me Diagon Alley set was a yesset :laugh:: I appreciate Diagon Alley (and I slowly built and enjoy it with my brother, taking almost a week to finish it), even if I had to change Daily Prophet section to make it fully satisfing.

If LEGO will produce a minifig set for 470$... well they'll have to realised something really nearly perfect if they want my money :snicker:.

I suppose that a four building set, like Diagon Alley one, with at least Gringotts (taller than the other buildings), a dragon over the roof and Leaky Cauldron, would justify the increased price.

We'll see. For now, keep low your expectations :snicker:

Edited by BrickMatit

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If they do a Durmstrang ship I really hope they keep it quite cheap because it's such a niche thing. I can see that being one of the retail exclusives. I don't want to pay over £60 for something that appears for a few seconds

I agree, no way the ship is the 470$ one. DA was originally supposed to consist of fewer bigger buildings, but part of the issue with 3 floors was that they do not know what is in the 2-3 floor in most buildings. So instead of just build something random they removed the upper floor. I assume they have no knowledge about the inside of the ship at all, so I hope for a small one if we must get it next year :shrug_oh_well:

There is no way they would release another diagon alley so soon after the current version and when that one is still on the shelves, so I think it’s safe to say that’s not it. I also understand people’s enthusiasm for a massive gringots, but at €470 that’s more than unlikely. The only thing I could imagine along these lines would be a micro-scale « full » diagon alley, but I’m not sure there’s much appetite for that…

for my money, this set will either be a hogwart express with Kings Cross or a ministry set, although we can’t rule out a massive quidditch set.

10 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

There is no way they would release another diagon alley so soon after the current version and when that one is still on the shelves, so I think it’s safe to say that’s not it. I also understand people’s enthusiasm for a massive gringots, but at €470 that’s more than unlikely. The only thing I could imagine along these lines would be a micro-scale « full » diagon alley, but I’m not sure there’s much appetite for that…

for my money, this set will either be a hogwart express with Kings Cross or a ministry set, although we can’t rule out a massive quidditch set.

I think that we are talking about add on ergo buildings from DA that are still missing no matter thair screen time in the movies such as Borgin and Burke, Maddame Malkin, Owl Emporium, and yes Gringotts as well :) Reboot of DA trully doesnt make any sense…

13 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Durmstrang ship for 60£ would be pretty meh imo…

The Beauxbatons Carriage was £45 so I can't see a ship for less than the $80 slot.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

A lot of YouTubers including Brick Clicker seem convinced it's Gringotts so dare we finally hope? 

Yeah, I am starting to be suspicious that they know something more, because until now I thought all of them were just guessing that it is Gringotts, but now some of them sound as if they had some sources claiming it is indeed Gringotts. Topic Bricks also made video on this where he was like 100% sure it is Gringotts, so now I am not sure if I can be hyped for it or not.

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah, I am starting to be suspicious that they know something more, because until now I thought all of them were just guessing that it is Gringotts, but now some of them sound as if they had some sources claiming it is indeed Gringotts. Topic Bricks also made video on this where he was like 100% sure it is Gringotts, so now I am not sure if I can be hyped for it or not.

Let's not bank on anything just yet. (I'm sorry I just had to say it). :grin:

Just for a not too much serious comparison: 

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion thread reached 745 pages, 18602 replies and 1.685.320 views, while Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion thread closed with 454 pages, 11344 replies and 1.055.690 views.

Well, good 2022 Wizarding World Thread to everyone :wink:!

Guys, let’s be real here, there’s no way the biggest HP set ever conceived is going to be based on the Ministry of Magic :tongue: Sets that large have to be based on something so iconic that even the most casual of fans immediately recognise what it is, and while the MoM is certainly iconic enough to deserve a set, it’s simply not worthy of a $470 one :grin:

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Source can be mistken :) 

By that logic, we can start doubting the entire list, maybe the numbers, prices, and amount of sets are all wrong :head_back: 

• Evidence suggesting the price is correct: 2 sources (at least)
  • Evidence suggesting the price is wrong: 0 sources

Admit it, you just want the set to be cheaper :wink:

11 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Agreed 100%; the sets numbered after the D2C and AC are likely the lower production volume store exclusives & ‘weird’ experimental sets like animal models and life size props, novelty items etc. 

How sure are we about the AC having that set number though? Promobricks themselves said "höchstwahrscheinlich" which is "very probably" but I got the sense that might just be going off the price. If the AC weren't on the list at all (and iirc, we've seen it added late in the season before, last year or the year before?), then that wouldn't be the natural divide we might be inclined to think it is. 

Also, does anyone recall when the FB sets were announced last time? (And yes, I know the changed release date impacts things.)

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

Topic Bricks is almost consistently wrong in some of his assertions, though. His EOLs tend to be off as well, even at time points when you can pretty much confirm it via the lego S@H if you just took a bit of care to look.

Too much of the YT/IG info loop is people making assertions and not wanting to be the last to do so until it becomes a massive game of chinese whispers. Or has everyone forgotten a certain nono? :laugh:

@BrickMatit, any theories as to possible causes of the drop off? Does more information earlier lead to less discussion?

Or do people here feel the apparently less appealing set design (judging by the comments) killed some of their interest?

Edited by krimimimi

I think we got less participation this year because 2020 had a CMF and DA.

Last year there was some confusion with the prices, but I think it was just that the chess set would be the D2C.

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

any theories as to possible causes of the drop off? Does more information earlier lead to less discussion?

Or do people here feel the apparently less appealing set design (judging by the comments) killed some of their interest?

A lot more people home and not working in 2020 and more free time for discussion? Less interest in the new castle system (although people do like to say what they don't like as much so maybe not), DA taking up more discussion in 2020 than Hogwarts Icons did in 2021 (don't know if that's true, but seems highly possible). Interesting.

As @BrickFunatic says, knowing a CMF is coming and minifigure speculating probably played a part in quite a few more extra pages.

Edited by BacktoBricks