Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Still don't get why Lego made Scribbulus and the Daily Prophet Door in the DA set since neither appear in the book, and left out probably the most iconic building of Gringotts.

So they can make another set at a high price that they know people will buy 

Man, this list is exciting news but I also really don't like getting it in December. It gives a lot of people on this thread and the rest of the web a lot of time to think about what a $470 set, etc. could be, then get their hopes - conscious or subconscious - set on something that probably isn't going to happen.

This is so fun though! Maybe others can confirm, but this wave seems way more expensive than usual. Usually we get a $29.99 set and at least one $39.99 set, no? 

1 hour ago, evanevanevan said:

This is so fun though! Maybe others can confirm, but this wave seems way more expensive than usual. Usually we get a $29.99 set and at least one $39.99 set, no? 

I think the higher prices are because they are raising prices all around due to higher production costs.

Interesting to note, this map layout I found of Diagon Alley from the first two movies is followed fairly closely by the 2020 Diagon Alley set, with everything from Ollivanders to Flourish and Blotts being in the same order on the same side, though Broomstix is cut off and Gambol and Jape's is replaced by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, with the Knockturn Alley entrance being slightly moved.

What if this mystery $470 set is all (or at least most) of the shops on the other side of the alleyway (Cranville Quincey's Magical Junkshop, Potage's Cauldron Shop, Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment, Slug & Jiggers Apothecary, Mr Mulpepper's Apothecary, and the Magical Menagerie)?  Granted, that would be a bit disappointing if we had to continue to wait for Gringotts, the Leaky Cauldron, or Borgin and Burkes.

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Man, this list is exciting news but I also really don't like getting it in December. It gives a lot of people on this thread and the rest of the web a lot of time to think about what a $470 set, etc. could be, then get their hopes - conscious or subconscious - set on something that probably isn't going to happen.

You mean you don't want 500 pages of Gringotts and Dobby Sock discussion and the debate on what specific piece count it will be, only to find out the D2C is actually a motorized 1:20 Ford Anglia? :laugh_hard:

We need to see a detailed common room for at least Gryffindor. I’m not talking a couple of chairs and a fire place I mean the full thing, including the fat lady portrait as an entrance to it, maybe with a staircase leading to the dorm we already have or a bigger more accurate version. 

Ideally I’d like to see a common room for each house with different unique elements for each house, I know that’s a long shot but it could work and be a nice change.  Imagine the different methods of getting into each common room (each house does have a unique way of getting through their house door) and then inside they are laid out all uniquely and not just a different colour scheme for the house colours.  In my opinion I could easily see them doing Gryffindors for £50, or if it was to be a larger Hogwarts expansion for a bigger price then £50 worth out of that set (so the main build of the expansion if you like) if that makes sense.   It’d be even more amazing if Lego did Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin’s the same size as Gryffindor’s one to capture all the intricate detail for each house but I just can’t see them doing that, I feel Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Slytherin’s would be downsized compared to Gryffindors, which I guess is understandable considering we never saw two of the common rooms in the movie and barley saw the 3rd.  The only one we did see a great number of times and see a lot of detail with was Gryffindors. 

I’d happily see dorms for all of them as well which would be straight forward as the dorms are basic so you can literally just change the colour scheme to match the house colours for them.  

The Slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms are both on ground/basement level so they’d both work next to the chamber of secrets and the bottom floor of the fluffy encounter as well which would give for a more accurate interior anyway. 

Edited by Legoman123

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm no emotion of HP/FB Series 3 for 2022?

Apparently there are 4 CMF series' this year, so there are 2 more to go.

One of them could very well be for HP, but I have no idea if they'd include FB this time, with only 12 minifigures available.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:28 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yule Ball Moody would have been the supreme choice

Good choices! I have also been thinking the books would be the best place to get more variants of Lockhart (straitjacket, green Quidditch outfit), or Umbridge (Wizengamot) etc 

44 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm no emotion of HP/FB Series 3 for 2022?

I wouldn't count on it. With what LEGO is doing with this theme now it's smarter (from their POV) to save all the remaining characters and variants to use as potential sellingpoints in sets that might otherwise not sell well, like the new "Clocktower". 

First of all I hope the D2C is minifig-scale at least. I have very little hope it is some part of DA that is in scale with the the previous one (would like to be wrong on this), they like to make something new and the second half of the street or the bank is definitely not something new. On the other side after this year some big brick-built objects are not new either :wink: My guess is ministry of magic or something we did not think we needed again :wacko:

Second I really hope we get some FB sets this year, lets face it we are going to get every HP set we want at least thematically it is just a matter of time. However if we do not get FB sets when we get a new movie release, when will we ever get it :sceptic:

I think we discussed this before but another large set of Diagon Alley shops costing more than the first set will mean that lego will have two large expensive sets of Diagon alley available at the same time. Thats a put off to get the original set or the new one knowing that you really need to get the other set too. Whereas the bank by itself is appealing as a standalone set or an add on to the street. I just don't see this being Gringotts. 

I'm just hoping its a minifigure scale set and not another item build or miniature scale build. I'll be happy with whatever they make as long as its minifigure scale. 

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I wouldn't count on it. With what LEGO is doing with this theme now it's smarter (from their POV) to save all the remaining characters and variants to use as potential sellingpoints in sets that might otherwise not sell well, like the new "Clocktower". 

Well how many figs from CMF 2 have we not got in sets now? And the last few will probably show up sooner or later in some form or another, So they can just give us variant of figs we have and a few they are planning on putting in future sets without much effort :shrug_oh_well:

Expecting at least two more modular add-ons, a couple of weird 'Adult' sets like the Hogwarts Icons, maybe 1 or 2 classic sets i.e. Shrieking Shack, maybe a remake ie Hogwarts Express and a buildable creature perhaps the Niffler to take advantage of FB3.

That big set though... god only knows. Can I take a scale diorama of Hogwarts + Grounds please? (I know, it won't happen).

7 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Still don't get why Lego made Scribbulus and the Daily Prophet Door in the DA set since neither appear in the book, and left out probably the most iconic building of Gringotts.

LEGO makes sets based on the movies though, not the books.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

We need to see a detailed common room for at least Gryffindor. I’m not talking a couple of chairs and a fire place I mean the full thing, including the fat lady portrait as an entrance to it, maybe with a staircase leading to the dorm we already have or a bigger more accurate version. 

Ideally I’d like to see a common room for each house with different unique elements for each house, I know that’s a long shot but it could work and be a nice change.  Imagine the different methods of getting into each common room (each house does have a unique way of getting through their house door) and then inside they are laid out all uniquely and not just a different colour scheme for the house colours.  In my opinion I could easily see them doing Gryffindors for £50, or if it was to be a larger Hogwarts expansion for a bigger price then £50 worth out of that set (so the main build of the expansion if you like) if that makes sense.   It’d be even more amazing if Lego did Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin’s the same size as Gryffindor’s one to capture all the intricate detail for each house but I just can’t see them doing that, I feel Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Slytherin’s would be downsized compared to Gryffindors, which I guess is understandable considering we never saw two of the common rooms in the movie and barley saw the 3rd.  The only one we did see a great number of times and see a lot of detail with was Gryffindors. 

I’d happily see dorms for all of them as well which would be straight forward as the dorms are basic so you can literally just change the colour scheme to match the house colours for them.  

The Slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms are both on ground/basement level so they’d both work next to the chamber of secrets and the bottom floor of the fluffy encounter as well which would give for a more accurate interior anyway. 

3 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

@Legoman123 it would be so epic to get "The Hogwarts Common Rooms" as one of the major sets. Not sure if LEGO would make it, but I'd actually see that selling incredibly well

I think that is what LEGO was going for with the upcoming Trunk set in March.

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Good choices! I have also been thinking the books would be the best place to get more variants of Lockhart (straitjacket, green Quidditch outfit), or Umbridge (Wizengamot) etc 

I doubt that's going to happen since the sets are based on the movies.

There aren‘t always clear patterns like this, but I guess since we again have two ascending price sequences separated by the D2C and AC in the middle, I guess the first four sets are regular playsets while the latter three are buildable creatures and/or objects, just like this year. Judging by their prices, 76406 could be a Niffler and 76408 another set of buildable figures, maybe Ron and Dumbledore? After all, they‘ve been paired up before as Brickheadz :grin: 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There aren‘t always clear patterns like this, but I guess since we again have two ascending price sequences separated by the D2C and AC in the middle, I guess the first four sets are regular playsets while the latter three are buildable creatures and/or objects, just like this year. Judging by their prices, 76406 could be a Niffler and 76408 another set of buildable figures, maybe Ron and Dumbledore? After all, they‘ve been paired up before as Brickheadz :grin: 

120€ perfectly fits this year's Harry and Hermione, which were also 120€.

The 50€ set could very well be a Niffler. Wonder what the 90€ set would be then?

That would leave us with just four regular sets tho.

It's an exciting set list!  My predictions are below, trying to be realistic.  I think we'll likely get some remakes of retiring sets, a general PoA/GoF theme (already evidenced by the winter wave) and a similar split of minifig/non-minifig scale sets as last year.

76400 for $ 19.99 - Lupin's classroom with Boggart wardrobe
76401 for $ 49.99 - PS/CoS Hagrid's hut with Fang and Norbert
76402 for $ 79.99 - Shrieking Shack to similar scale as Hogsmeade set with werewolf Lupin
76403 for $ 99.99 - Second task viewing area and lake scene with Merperson, Rita Skeeter and Karkaroff
76404 for $ 44.99 - 2022 Advent Calendar with a PoA Hogsmeade theme which will tie up with the Shrieking Shack

76405 for $ 469.99 - D2C Diagon Alley part II - Can't really think of anything more realistic at this price point.  Expect this to be minifig scale thankfully as the last D2C wasn't, and therefore not Hogwarts related (as the overlap with usual sets seems unlikely).  Ministry of Magic and second task including Durmstrang ship seem the only other locations that could justify this price point.  Neither seem as likely to me as Diagon Alley.  It's interesting to think what this price point would entail for Diagon Alley.  Personally I'm not fussed about including the DH scenes or dragon - I'd rather display a normal Diagon Alley without an ugly (imo) dragon on top of Gringotts.  Price doesn't seem quite high enough to get the whole other side of the Alley plus Gringotts but it would be nice to get some other buildings too - Leaky Cauldron obviously at the top of the list with lots of other great options remaining.  I could also see another Diagon Alley set without Gringotts (to follow in a later wave) with the other side of the alley and the Leaky Cauldron entrance

76406 for $ 49.99 - Buildable Buckbeak with flapping wings
76407 for $ 89.99 - Buildable Quidditch equipment/accessories
76408 for $ 119.99 - Ron and Dumbledore - as others have mentioned this seems sensible and at the right price point

I can also see us getting a new Whomping Willow this year (although I love the 2018 one).

The D2C will be the largest HP set ever, so I can't see it being anything but minifg-scale.

54 minutes ago, Yope said:

Price doesn't seem quite high enough to get the whole other side of the Alley plus Gringotts but it would be nice to get some other buildings too - Leaky Cauldron obviously at the top of the list with lots of other great options remaining.  I could also see another Diagon Alley set without Gringotts (to follow in a later wave) with the other side of the alley and the Leaky Cauldron entrance

Can you imagine the uproar if we got the other side and still no Gringotts. :laugh_hard: I'd be there for it if we eventually got Gringotts anyway, but they might be poking the proverbial bear there at bit too much unless Gringotts is it's own separate set in the wave. I agree though that the price seems a little too high for the other side + a Gringotts with dragon, but maybe the other side + Gringotts (no dragon) or Gringotts with dragon + Leaky Cauldron and Knockturn Alley ie. Borgin and Burkes. 

The later would make the most sense to me from a marketing perspective as the other parts of DA that they haven't included bar The Leaky Cauldron and Gringotts just don't seem important enough to create a set of this price point as most of the bigger shops were put into DA. Curious. Very curious.

Here are my predictions:

• 76400: Troll on the loose (can‘t see them abandoning PS just yet :tongue:)
  • 76401: Second Task
  • 76402: Shrieking Shack
  • 76403: Hogwarts expansion
  • 76404: AC based on PoA
  • 76405: Diagon Alley II: Electric Boogaloo
  • 76406: Niffler
  • 76407: Buildable objects (no idea what, additional school supplies maybe?)
  • 76408: Ron & Dumbledore maxifigs

We should turn this into a prediction game akin to the CMF ones :head_back:

I'm so glad to see a lot of people want the Common Room. I used to feel like it was just me. Surely it's coming sooner or later. We are 5 years in now without a proper one.

I thought earlier in the year @Brick Clicker said there would be some Brickheadz/Accessory packs/GWPs? I can't see the codes on Promobricks mentioned.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, Brick Clicker said:

Two more sets for the 2022 Harry Potter lineup:

40560 "Harry Potter" and 40577 "Harry Potter"

They are part of the "40xxx" lineup so have the potential of being GWPs, Brickheadz, Minifigure packs or something totally different and as usual with that numbering the sets will be sold only at Lego Stores and Shop@Home.

Speculate away :laugh:

Are these still coming?

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently there are 4 CMF series' this year, so there are 2 more to go.

One of them could very well be for HP, but I have no idea if they'd include FB this time, with only 12 minifigures available.

Agreed. And I don’t see Disney Series 3 if Muppet Series will be in May 2022. . I mean Disney does own Muppets. 

So I dunno about HP/FB CMF series atm.