Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Now see I never know if you're hinting or asking. :laugh:

Just asking really, like would people want a displayable Hogwarts Express for that much money?

Anyways despite my doubts I really hope they dont ruin the big playscale set potential of this D2C this time.

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

Just asking really, like would people want a displayable Hogwarts Express for that much money?

I don't think a lot of us knew we wanted a giant Hedwig standing on a stack of books but we still got it. And there are a lot of train enthusiasts out there, so add HP fans to those and I'm sure there's a market. Plus, in many ways Lego really drives the narrative of what we buy as Lego HP collectors. We don't know we even want it half the time until it's released. :grin:

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think a lot of us knew we wanted a giant Hedwig standing on a stack of books but we still got it. And there are a lot of train enthusiasts out there, so add HP fans to those and I'm sure there's a market. Plus, in many ways Lego really drives the narrative of what we buy as Lego HP collectors. We don't know we even want it half the time until it's released. :grin:

That's very true! A lot of people weren't sure on Hogwarts Icons but once we saw pictures a lot of people warmed to it like you say

I think that this upcomming D2C wont be Gringotts even though I really wish for it. 470 USD is a bit steep even for HP licensed set. It should have at least 2 additional buildings on 32x16 baseplate (like DA) to match the price. I think that it will be something unexpected and not needed as always. Perhaps new objects with Fawkes? Sword of Griffindor, etc. 😀😀😀 Not to mention Dobby’s sock… no seriously, i would guess something microfig scale such as Ministry of magic or whatever else… still hoping for Gringotts but at the same time I am afraid for my wallet 😀😀😀

Just now, Brick Clicker said:

That's very true! A lot of people weren't sure on Hogwarts Icons but once we saw pictures a lot of people warmed to it like you say

Me included, although I prefer more detailed location sets, I still bought it.

If you've seen the "well known copycat Lego brand" version of Gringotts it's around 4200 pieces including the dragon then say they threw in another building like the Leaky Cauldron and you could very easily get up to that $470 price set

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

If you've seen the "well known copycat Lego brand" version of Gringotts it's around 4200 pieces including the dragon then say they threw in another building like the Leaky Cauldron and you could very easily get up to that $470 price set

Lego might actually be the copycat for once. :laugh:

What if.... they release a Wizarding World of Harry Hotter set with rides and such 

12 Flight of the HippogriffHagrids Motorbike

That could be a way of releasing DH stuff, without releasing DH sets. Like the Gringotts dragon..

It would be a nice loophole....

hey guys, this is my first post. I recently got back into Lego and my fave is HP. My first sets were delivered today and im so hyped

2 minutes ago, MayanBrian said:

hey guys, this is my first post. I recently got back into Lego and my fave is HP. My first sets were delivered today and im so hyped

Welcome to the HP thread. :classic: Happy building!

So seven regular sets, an Advent Calendar and a D2C? Great.

I don't like the fact that there's only one 20€ set tho, and the others start at 50€. I usually tend to like smaller HP sets more than the bigger ones.

Do you guys think some of those are for Fantastic Beasts? 

It's not much, but Promobricks are 'suspecting' that some of those sets are for SoD.

I am really really curious about the D2C set. 470$ is a lot. I would really wish for Gringotts and the Leaky Couldrin Cauldron to finish DA.

But could also imagine something else, maybe an extension for the 2018 microscale Hogwarts? Or a minifig Hogwarts made of a nice great hall and the staircase tower? Or a complete quidditch field?

What I can't imagine is a motorized hogwarts express. And I really hope it's not gonna be some buildable objects stuff, not a big fan of it.

23 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Welcome to the HP thread. :classic: Happy building!

Thanks so much! I just finished my first set. I cant attach a photo because its too big...but I have the old sorting hat set!

I would definately want to see some more fantastic beasts sets I liked th enew trailer.

I hope it's a minifigure-scale Hogwarts, or Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron/Borgin & Burkes. If it's neither of those things I hope it's something microscale/a display piece that I can easily pass up, because I do not want to spend that money on something I just 'like.'

76400 for $ 19.99 - DADA Boggart classroom with Lupin, Neville and Boggart Snape. 
76401 for $ 49.99 - The second task with Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Ron, Cho and Gabrielle and a Grindylow/Merperson. 
76402 for $ 79.99 - No.12 Grimmauld Place with Sirius (suit), new Kreacher, Mrs Weasley, Mr Weasley and Harry.
76403 for $ 99.99 - The Durmstrang Ship with Victor Krum (new face print) and alternative shark disguise, Karkaroff, random Durmstrang student and a small forest side-build with Barty Crouch, Rita Skeeter, Hermione (in uniform with alt. sleeping face) and Dumbledore.
76404 for $ 44.99 - 2022 Advent Calendar with Percy, Fred and George in their initial knitted jumpers, Ginny, Harry and Ron in their Attack on the Burrow outfits, a new printed Pygmy Puff (on a pink technic ball) and the Burrow Christmas-themed builds. 
76405 for $ 469.99 - Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron and Borgin & Burkes Diagon Alley set; with 4x Goblins, Tom the innkeeper (PS), Mr Borgin, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco (suit) and Narcissa. 
76406 for $ 49.99 - Y1-2 Hagrid's Hut (based on CoS slug eating scene) with new Hagrid without his overcoat, new Fang, Harry (Quidditch uniform), Ron and Hermione (school uniform) and a tree side-build. 
76407 for $ 89.99 - The Shrieking Shack with Harry, Sirius, Padfoot, Lupin, Werewolf Lupin, Scabbers and Pettigrew. 
76408 for $ 119.99 - Hogwarts add-on with clocktower courtyard (that connects underneath the Hospital Wing), Gryffindor Common Room (with normal and ripped Fat Lady portrait) and Lupin's office; including Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Lupin, Flich and Snape.

14 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

76400 for $ 19.99 - DADA Boggart classroom with Lupin, Neville and Boggart Snape. 
76401 for $ 49.99 - The second task with Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Ron, Cho and Gabrielle and a Grindylow/Merperson. 
76402 for $ 79.99 - No.12 Grimmauld Place with Sirius (suit), new Kreacher, Mrs Weasley, Mr Weasley and Harry.
76403 for $ 99.99 - The Durmstrang Ship with Victor Krum (new face print) and alternative shark disguise, Karkaroff, random Durmstrang student and a small forest side-build with Barty Crouch, Rita Skeeter, Hermione (in uniform with alt. sleeping face) and Dumbledore.
76404 for $ 44.99 - 2022 Advent Calendar with Percy, Fred and George in their initial knitted jumpers, Ginny, Harry and Ron in their Attack on the Burrow outfits, a new printed Pygmy Puff (on a pink technic ball) and the Burrow Christmas-themed builds. 
76405 for $ 469.99 - Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron and Borgin & Burkes Diagon Alley set; with 4x Goblins, Tom the innkeeper (PS), Mr Borgin, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco (suit) and Narcissa. 
76406 for $ 49.99 - Y1-2 Hagrid's Hut (based on CoS slug eating scene) with new Hagrid without his overcoat, new Fang, Harry (Quidditch uniform), Ron and Hermione (school uniform) and a tree side-build. 
76407 for $ 89.99 - The Shrieking Shack with Harry, Sirius, Padfoot, Lupin, Werewolf Lupin, Scabbers and Pettigrew. 
76408 for $ 119.99 - Hogwarts add-on with clocktower courtyard (that connects underneath the Hospital Wing), Gryffindor Common Room (with normal and ripped Fat Lady portrait) and Lupin's office; including Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Lupin, Flich and Snape.

I would wonder if they would make a "third dimension" to the 2021 modular style. All the current ones seem to be "2D" in the sense it's only like 8 studs and seem like a Harry Potter Fallout shelter view. I'd love them to do it though and I love this list and would easily buy them all. 

43 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I hope it's a minifigure-scale Hogwarts […]

Not sure how that would work. We got a $500 microscale castle, so a $470 minifig-scale one could only feature a fraction of that structure :shrug_oh_well: Besides, not only would it compete with the still available 71043, it would also get into conflict with the existing regular expansions. Basically we‘d get a fourth version of the Great Hall :tongue:

33 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Id like to see a small qudditch set from PoA where the Demeters attack Harry 

Quidditch is always hard in lego as its hard to show them flying the brooms

The thing that makes most sense for a $470 D2C is either Gringotts with two layers incorporating a roller coaster setup or Gringotts with another part of DA.

A motorized Hogwarts express would surely be a lower price point? More like the Disney train at $330. With that you got a decent sized train and a large station, plus the motors. I can't see how they would add an extra $140 (even trying to take into account inflation). A few extra carriages? Maybe, but LEGO tend not to do repetitive builds like that. And they probably wouldn't do two stations in one set. Maybe another Ford Anglia, but that's not going to contribute much. And how would it be so much better than the current one at $400 less? Unless they did a really big one. Just for display. I'm sure it would be cool if they did it though. And probably really profitable. So who knows.

Ministry has potential. A mechanized/motorized Grimmauld Place possibly. A large, movie accurate version of the Great Hall and Tower? Buildable objects with broom and sorting hat?

But I'm for another six months of UCS Dobby's sock campaigning.

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's hard to say, but I would likely go for something like that. I guess it would depend on the rest of the wave, too, whether I'd want to put all my $$ in one basket for the D2C, or if the other sets are enticing enough. I think LEGO trains are cool in general; a LEGO Hogwarts with a motor would be pretty cool.

For $470 I'm hoping Lego are doing what should have been in the main Diagon Alley set... Gringotts.

So I'm hoping it's a Diagon Alley expansion including:

- Gringotts, with Bellatrix's vault and plenty of roller-coaster pieces

- The Ukrainian Ironbelly to perch on top of Gringotts

- Borgin & Burkes, because it'd be nice to have some Knockturn Alley

- The Leaky Cauldron, considering we basically don't see people drinking in the film I don't see why they can't make it. Have the room Harry stays in, the main bar for some Weasley family, and maybe the room where Fudge talks to Harry.

And then I'd have either Madam Malkin's Robes for all occasions, where book Harry first meets Draco.

Or The Magical Menagerie, which I think we see the front of in PS, although that could be Eyelops Owl Emporium.

Still don't get why Lego made Scribbulus and the Daily Prophet Door in the DA set since neither appear in the book, and left out probably the most iconic building of Gringotts.

I'm going to make some (probably overly optimistic) predictions under the assumption that the sets will largely follow the January's POA/GOF focused theming.

76400 for $19.99 Attack on the World Cup

76401 for $49.99 Triwizard Task, either Lake Task or Maze Task

76402 for $79.99 Shrieking Shack

76403 for $99.99 Leaky Cauldron

76404 for $44.99 Advent Calendar, perhaps POA Hogsmeade themed

76405 for $469.99 - D2C set, Gringotts, Broomstix, Magical Menagerie, and Slug & Jiggers/Mr. Mulpepper's Apothecary

76406 for $49.99 Quidditch Match (Gryffindor v Hufflepuff, POA Edition)

76407 for $89.99 Durmstrang Ship, could include Lake Task 

76408 for $119.99 Buildable Ron and Dumbledore

If we get a lineup similar to this, a lot of gaps left behind from the 2019 sets would be filled in. 

Edited by spiderfan2000

For $470, I really don’t want just Gringott’s. Personally if they make Gringott’s, my one hope is that it scales with the rest of Diagon Alley. I could care less for the mine tracks and underground vaults. Just want to complete the street. But $470 is still a bit much even if they included Borgin & Burke’s and the Leaky Cauldron or other shops. Hoping for Diagon Alley II, but it’s probably going to be something left field like the Icon set.

Edited by RODDY