Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Wizard World 2022 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, and general Wizarding World discussion throughout 2022--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Harry Potter and Wizarding World discussion. 

Enjoy!

First Half Year 2022 (March)
76398: Hogwarts Hospital Wing | 49.99 EUR | Harry, Hermione with separate Time Turner, Ron with cast leg, Madame Pomfrey
76396: Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class | 29.99 EUR | Harry, Cho Chang, Professor Trelawney in Deathly Hallows outfit
76397: Hogwarts Moment: Defence Class | 29.99 EUR | Neville, Hermione, Mad-Eye Moody (includes micro Moody locked in trunk)
76399: Hogwarts Magical Trunk | $59.99 USD | 603 Pieces | Professor McGonagall, Harry in generic Hogwarts Robe, parts for customisable students from each house

Second Half Year 2022
76400 | $19.99 | 121 pieces | Thestral Carriage with adult and baby Thestral, Harry and Luna
76401 | $49.99 | 345 pieces | Dark Tower Sirius rescue with tower, courtyard, Sirius, Harry, Hermione, Buckbeak, and one other
76402 | $79.99 | 654 pieces | Hogwarts: Dumbledore's Office
76403 | $99.99 | 990 pieces | Ministry of Magic
76404: Advent Calendar | $44.99 | 344 pieces
76405 | $469.99 (D2C) 
76406 | $49.99 (brick built creature) | 671 pieces | Hungarian Horntail
76407 | $89.99 | 777 pieces | Shrieking Shack
76408 | $119.99

Harry Potter Book with Percy Weasley Minifigure

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Is there a price list on the horizon? :moar: FEED US

• 76400 for $ 19.99
  • 76401 for $ 49.99
  • 76402 for $ 79.99
  • 76403 for $ 99.99
  • 76404 for $ 44.99 - most likely advent calendar 2022
  • 76405 for $ 469.99 - most likely D2C set
  • 76406 for $ 49.99
  • 76407 for $ 89.99
  • 76408 for $ 119.99

Promobricks just posted them

10 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

And the Gringotts fun begins again...

For that price, I hope it's the Knockturn Alley shops as well. 

22 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

And the Gringotts fun begins again...

After 2021 I doubt. 470 dollars is way too much for just Gringotts, I could only imagine it being Gringotts and 2 more DA buidings. Otherwise DA 2020 scale Gringotts building alone would be like 200 dollars or 250 max set. It is most likely something we never asked for and will never expect like with Hogwarts icons this year. It is also too expansive to be something like motorized Hogwarts Express so yeah I dont expect it to be minifigure scale but I would be positively suprised if I am wrong.

14 minutes ago, doclord said:

Gringotts being more expensive than Diagon Alley is funny, so it has to be true.

It wouldnt make any sense. Yes, I know Gringotts is bigger than other DA buildings but not by that much, so it either is multiple buildings or more likely again something we wont even guess.

Edited by Textorix

15 minutes ago, Textorix said:

After 2021 I doubt. 470 dollars is way too much for just Gringotts, I could only imagine it being Gringotts and 2 more DA buidings. Otherwise DA 2020 scale Gringotts building alone would be like 200 dollars or 250 max set. It is most likely something we never asked for and will never expect like with Hogwarts icons this year. It is also too expansive to be something like motorized Hogwarts Express so yeah I dont expect it to be minifigure scale but I would be positively suprised if I am wrong.

It wouldnt make any sense. Yes, I know Gringotts is bigger than other DA buildings but not by that much, so it either is multiple buildings or more likely again something we wont even guess.

Nah, it's one GIGANTIC SET of Dobby's Socks. 

My ideal-in-a-perfect-world-that-will-never-happen wish list! 

• 76400 for $ 19.99 - Umbridge's Office
  • 76401 for $ 49.99 - Second Task
  • 76402 for $ 79.99 - Grimmauld Place
  • 76403 for $ 99.99 - Bell Towers
  • 76404 for $ 44.99 - Sirius Black's Escape
  • 76405 for $ 469.99 - So many great options for a D2C. Ministry of Magic, Diagon Alley expansion with Gringotts and Leaky Cauldron, Motorized Hogwarts Express with station, massive Hogwarts playset, or a massive Quidditch pitch would all be wonderful. Hopeful its not buildable objects again.
  • 76406 for $ 49.99 - Final challenge remake. Or a proper common room
  • 76407 for $ 89.99 - Malfoy Manor or the Wedding
  • 76408 for $ 119.99 - Ron and Dumbledore Buildable Figures

Gringotts is #1 on my wish list, but at none of these price points. Could be the $119 set tho?

17 minutes ago, Textorix said:

It would make sense if:

A) It is Gringotts and other shops, similar to DA.

OR

B) It is a mega Gringotts set that is both the top half for display in DA and a bottom half themed mostly after Deathly Hallows. Likely could be stacked on top of each other and could come with an Ironbelly build.

Considering the focus is on earlier movies lately I think A is more likely, but we shouldn’t rule out a Mega Gringotts. Also if they go with A they could release the Ironbelly in a separate retail set as there are some big ones this time.

Edited by doclord

35 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

76405 for $ 469.99 - most likely D2C set

So we are getting bigger and better Fawkes next year...

Alright, game of predictions time, let’s play:

$20—Dementor set remake seems likely to me

$50–I think there’s a reasonable chance we get one or two secrets of Dumbledore sets, and they wouldn’t make them too expensive given the poor sales of the last ones, right?

$80–Okay, this one’s gotta be a Hogwarts express. Old ones retiring and I think it may be time for a new one

$100–Hmmm. I’d say something based off of one of the tasks or at least GoF, maybe a maze? Probably not, but certainly possible

Advent Calendar—I’m guessing Slug Club this time

D2C—Hmmmm. This one’s really stumping me, it doesn’t seem like Gringotts, I doubt they’d do another display piece, and we’ve already got a castle out now. I’d say this one’ll come way out of left field, something we won’t even remotely expect

90$—I’m betting on a Hogsmeade expansion with the shrieking shack and Zonko’s. They won’t do the Hogs Head until they revisit OOTP, and Zonkos is mentioned a fair bit in PoA.

$120–Hogwarts expansion, no question. I just dont know what it’ll be…

Edited by Brickroll

A $470 set?! *huh* I was expecting a $250 D2C set at most, so colour me surprised *oh2* Apart from that one, the price distribution appears to be rather similar to this year’s. I’m definitely counting on more buildable creatures and objects. This would be a good opportunity for that overdue Niffler 

Look, as far as we get new detailed minifigures or even better, some new characters and at least one decent set in this wave like Hogsmeade this year I will be fine. At this point I keep my expectations rly low but of course I would welcome Shrieking Shack and 2nd task set :)

A Durmstrang ship and second task could also have D2C potential, but that one's lower on my possible list than Gringotts, motorised Hogwarts Express or a Quidditch Pitch.

Part of me desperately wants this to be Gringotts, the other part thinks there’s no way they’d release an add-on that costs more than the original set :tongue: Then again, the possibilities aren’t exactly endless with a pricetag like that, it has to be something with a big enough draw

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

D2C motorised Hogwarts Express or Quidditch pitch? That's one big price tag.

They wouldnt sell motorized Hogwarts Express for that much. Can you imagine the backlash from parents of all those kids who always wanted motorized Hogwarts Expressed like the og one from 2004? Nah they would make it more affordable I think.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

A Durmstrang ship and second task could also have D2C potential, but that one's lower on my possible list than Gringotts, motorised Hogwarts Express or a Quidditch Pitch.

A $470 set based on a vessel that appears on screen for a total of less than 10 seconds? Not exactly what I’d call likely:tongue:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

A $470 set based on a vessel that appears on screen for a total of less than 10 seconds? Not exactly what I’d call likely:tongue:

If it satisfies both Potter fans and ship lovers then I'd say it's possible, but it's definitely down the list. As much as I love Hogwarts Icons for what it is, as long as this one isn't buildable objects I'm fine.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

They wouldnt sell motorized Hogwarts Express for that much. Can you imagine the backlash from parents of all those kids who always wanted motorized Hogwarts Expressed like the og one from 2004? Nah they would make it more affordable I think.

Nothing motorized is cheap when it comes to Lego and considering how the train would lend itself to a detailed model I don't think parental backlash would put them off. Not when there would be a suitable 'child' version on the market still. 

I am not into motorized trains but those we got in the past, mostly in Lego City are nowhere near to the price of 470 dollars, so it just sounds a bit crazy, even if it is a licenced theme. But it is possible if Lego wants to target older customers like they do with UCS Star Wars sets.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am not into motorized trains but those we got in the past, mostly in Lego City are nowhere near to the price of 470 dollars, so it just sounds a bit crazy, even if it is a licenced theme. But it is possible if Lego wants to target older customers like they do with UCS Star Wars sets.

If you think how the Disney train and station is $330 and how that train is quite basic in its form, then a motorised Express with a platform for another $140 doesn't seem that farfetched. To be clear though, as much as it could look beautiful as a D2C, I would rather it was Gringotts. If someone ask me how would you like to spend $470, a motorised Lego Hogwarts Express would not be my immediate answer.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

If you think how the Disney train and station is $330 and how that train is quite basic in its form, then a motorised Express with a platform for another $140 doesn't seem that farfetched. To be clear though, as much as it could look beautiful as a D2C, I would rather it was Gringotts.

With the Harry Potter D2C's Lego have been going for most displayablity with them so would people really want to spend $470 on a Hogwarts Express which is mainly for display?

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

With the Harry Potter D2C's Lego have been going for most displayablity with them so would people really want to spend $470 on a Hogwarts Express which is mainly for display?

Now see I never know if you're hinting or asking. :laugh: