Sign in to follow this  
Kai_P24

[MOC] Liebherr R 936 Compact

51760999596_8ce056cfb2_b.jpg

Hello i would like too present my model of an Liebherr R936 Compact which is my First tracked Moc, it is completly Remote Controlled.

It has 7 Power Functions Motors, 4 Ir receivers and 1 Buwizz as Power source

• 2 L-Motors for Driving
  • 1 M-Motor for Turning
  • 1 XL-Motor for Boom lifting
  • 1 L-Motor for Stick movement
  • 1 M-Motor for Bucket movement
  • 1 M-Motor for Boom Adjuster

51761241478_0ae03ce4a0_c.jpg

As you can see the speciality is the boom adjuster which gives the model better reach. All Motors are in the Top so it can turn without a limit and there are also no Motors in Boom. The tracks are also special they have a spring loadet track tensioner in front and the rear Sproket is driven like the real thing.

51761865720_32d1738846_c.jpg

The Model is build in the Scale of the Lego truck tires which it also fits. But it has the smallest tracks that you could get scale wise.

51761241453_482f52d325_c.jpg

There are not many details on the Model and it has also no interior as you can see. Because threre is just no space for evrything and im not that good at details. And because of Space also the Buwizz as Power Source.

51761865600_912a2c308a_c.jpg

My Goal with this model was that the Rear Sprockets are driven in a small form factor which was challenging because the tracks are just 5 Pins wide which is not that much room so my drivetrain is 1 Pin wider. And also having all Motors in the Top. And getting the Arm functions motorized without motors in the Arm.

I would like too know your thoughts on the Model.

As requested here are some Pictures wihout the body so can see how compact it is.

51764646846_c4bb542b32_c.jpg51765287244_044b4d54b8_c.jpg51764893408_338d914e72_c.jpg

51765521595_09ef684178_c.jpg

Edited by Kai_P24

Looks very compact. Us it possible to see your work in progress?

Thanks

I like the overall look and I would like to see a video of the model in action.

Maybe is the boom a little too thin?

Have you considered using a longer linear actuator for the third section of the boom?

Looks pretty good, I do think the boom could use some work though, should only be three points of articulation, instead of four. I see many build them this way, however it is not how the real machine works. Usually that first part of the boom is much more massive and curved a bit, which is where all the digging power comes from. It also looks like the cabin may be a bit to large, while the back part maybe should be a bit longer. It also looks like the treads stick out to far in the front as well but it could just be the view angle.

Anyway not trying to be super critical about it, just don't like that it is modeled after a specific machine yet so many dimensions are way off.

Good job cramming all those motors in there, it looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing this.

Edited by Johnny1360

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

should only be three points of articulation, instead of four. I see many build them this way, however it is not how the real machine works.

Not really As CAT does. But it depends on the work to be done.

It looks nice and clean!

I see too that is a relatively new design for that machine as well and I have seen many booms that have articulation, just not that model Lieber. See them a lot on specialized machines.

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I see too that is a relatively new design for that machine as well and I have seen many booms that have articulation, just not that model Lieber. See them a lot on specialized machines.

In Italy almost all the 20-25 Tons excavators have the 3 pieces boom, all the main brands do this, not only Cat and Liebherr. These booms are especially used on these short tail swing machines.

Really nice build @Kai_P24 !

I especially like the scale you are building in, would love to see a video of this machine.

The exterior is a little bit too clean for my taste, but I like it purely technic with only few system pieces :D

Thanks for all the imput and your critic

17 hours ago, 1gor said:

Looks very compact. Us it possible to see your work in progress?

Thanks

I addet some Pictures without the body so you can see some technic

16 hours ago, mpj said:

Maybe is the boom a little too thin?

Have you considered using a longer linear actuator for the third section of the boom?

The boom is build to scale with Pictures i know it looks quite flimsy but it holds because in the real model it gets thinner the more you get to the bucket. And a large actuater have i considert i just dont have one more so i needet too with the normal ones but a large would also be to big.

15 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looks pretty good, I do think the boom could use some work though, should only be three points of articulation, instead of four. I see many build them this way, however it is not how the real machine works. Usually that first part of the boom is much more massive and curved a bit, which is where all the digging power comes from. It also looks like the cabin may be a bit to large, while the back part maybe should be a bit longer. It also looks like the treads stick out to far in the front as well but it could just be the view angle.

Anyway not trying to be super critical about it, just don't like that it is modeled after a specific machine yet so many dimensions are way off.

Good job cramming all those motors in there, it looks like a lot of fun.

The model is mostly acurate the tracks stick one stud too far in the front i forgot to fix that but you can find the broschure here https://www.liebherr.com/de/deu/produkte/baumaschinen/erdbewegung/raupenbagger/details/569527.html#!/content=table_module_downloads_1 under downloads when you open it on page 6 you can find the general dimesions and on site 10 you find the special boom i choose this because it makes it more complicated with one extra Motor. And comparing it too pictures of the real one is not possible because liebherr has 4 track withs and i choose the thinnest one.

Nice work. I am not sure how I feel about the looks. On one hand it's very clean, and I kinda like it. But on other hand, it maybe too simple and lacks some details to be called a replica of a real thing. But don't get me wrong, it's a nice MOC. Four points of articulation in the boom is a cherry on top. It just makes it stand out a bit from a typical Lego excavator which we saw plenty.

The closest real thing I could find is that one:

https://images.app.goo.gl/cyWxGijvbSt9LRDg8

I do not like no Lego parts but it is a nice machine anyway, do you have a video?, it is very important to see a functional MOC working.

6 hours ago, proran said:

Nice work. I am not sure how I feel about the looks. On one hand it's very clean, and I kinda like it. But on other hand, it maybe too simple and lacks some details to be called a replica of a real thing. But don't get me wrong, it's a nice MOC. Four points of articulation in the boom is a cherry on top. It just makes it stand out a bit from a typical Lego excavator which we saw plenty.

The closest real thing I could find is that one:

https://images.app.goo.gl/cyWxGijvbSt9LRDg8

Thanks i know it is too clean maybe i will ad some details but its not that easy with this model because of the chape https://www.bauforum24.biz/forums/topic/75452-liebherr-r936-compact/ on this site you can see god close up pictures of the special boom.