Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I feel like the most logical timeframe for a Sanctum reveal would be the Multiverse of Madness release weekend?

If it includes spoiler characters then I feel like they might want to push it out a little further, but then again, I'm not really sure how far they can push it back since it's supposed to release at some point in May. Maybe a week or two after it releases, so they can still capitalize on the hype without spoiling most people. I guess Lego themselves probably don't care if they spoil people on plot points, but I would think Disney would prefer for them not to reveal anything too major before most people have seen it.

46 minutes ago, Meadius said:

If it includes spoiler characters then I feel like they might want to push it out a little further, but then again, I'm not really sure how far they can push it back since it's supposed to release at some point in May. Maybe a week or two after it releases, so they can still capitalize on the hype without spoiling most people. I guess Lego themselves probably don't care if they spoil people on plot points, but I would think Disney would prefer for them not to reveal anything too major before most people have seen it.

That is, however, assuming it comes with spoiler characters, something which I don't think has been confirmed, although it's possible a leaker has confirmed there will be and I missed it. 

I'd also like to add something: the fellows over in the HP forum just had a fairly big surprise: a D2C, which would be the most expensive the theme had ever had and which nearly everyone, including big leakers, had bet was one thing and that many said there is nothing else that could fill that slot, turned out to be completely different. It sounds oddly similar to our situation, and I get a gut feeling we may see the same thing play out, so I am still betting against the tower, however much I want it.

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

That is, however, assuming it comes with spoiler characters, something which I don't think has been confirmed, although it's possible a leaker has confirmed there will be and I missed it.

From the list provided by Promobricks

Spoiler

We know it has an Iron Man and Spider-man and we are not sure yet which versions they are. It also seemingly has an unknown figure which could warrant it not being revealed until the movie is released :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I'd also like to add something: the fellows over in the HP forum just had a fairly big surprise: a D2C, which would be the most expensive the theme had ever had and which nearly everyone, including big leakers, had bet was one thing and that many said there is nothing else that could fill that slot, turned out to be completely different. It sounds oddly similar to our situation, and I get a gut feeling we may see the same thing play out, so I am still betting against the tower, however much I want it.

The Hogwarts Train and by extension Platform 9¾ is arguably one of the most iconic locations from Harry Potter, so it makes sense for that to eventually get a D2C level set. It had multiple prior adaptations demonstrating it sold well.

Taking that knowledge, the most common set made by Lego is variations of a Hulkbuster, but we are already getting a 300€ Hulkbuster MKII this year already. As such the main options would be Quinjets, Avengers Tower or a remake of a previous D2C The Helicarrier given it seemingly sold well and can only really be done justice on a larger scale.

Granted we could get surprised with a potential comic inspired D2C or an icons collection or something completely random, but I doubt they could surprise us with anything else at this time that would be more suited to the 10th anniversary of the theme, celebration of phase 1-3 and the Avengers film.

How often do people check falcon's Instagram? I'm located in the US Mountain Time. I wake every morning and immediately check falcon's account for updates on Marvel sets. Hope we get some more info soon!

Well, I'm following him, so if he shares anything, I'll see it right away.
Don't think we'll get anything real soon, but also not too long from now (either from Falcon or anyone else).

Regards,
Mitch

On 3/27/2022 at 3:17 AM, Scarilian said:

Hopefully this will be the last quiet week for a while.

• Promobricks mentioned potential for an update at the start of April

I'm still waiting 🤪 🤞

After seeing the Marvel Legends for Love and Thunder, it is disappointing how the smaller set could have had both Ravager Thor and the new Star-Lord fig, instead of Thor and Jane repeats. This change, even with the same Gorr and creature monster build, would have made a huge difference.

I'm not expecting anything at this point for the rest of April unless something randomly leaks.

At the very least it means that May will be Marvel Madness with the Sanctum Sanctorum reveal & online release along with the June sets being revealed and hopefully confirmation on the Hulkbuster MKII and/or 500€ set.

10 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm still waiting 🤪 🤞

Promobricks mentioned an update around early April, I feel they may have been referring to this. It was an update, but sadly stuff we'd already seen :look:

I saw a 3D puzzle of the Stark Tower branded "Infinity Saga" in pre-order.  This confirms that the tower is an official "Infinity Saga" subject.  Last year we saw some subjects shared by different brands, this means that they are commissioned directly by Disney, and the tower could actually be our D2C 

The Goat Boat truly is one of the best Marvel LEGO sets imo. It's perfect.

Which makes me even more mad by how bad the smaller set is. This movie has SO MUCH going on, and yet the second set doesn't include a single new thing.

No new Thor outfit (fur or Ravager), no Guardians, no new antagonists, no new interesting build, nothing. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No new Thor outfit (fur or Ravager), no Guardians, no new antagonists, no new interesting build, nothing. 

Ravager Thor will probably be easy enough to throw together but it really is a shame it's not in the smaller set. 

Love everything in this trailer. Would love to get some more sets down the line, unlikely though that may be. 

I’m starting to think that the monster build from the New Asgard set is made up… “the Shadow Monster” just doesn’t sound like an official character

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I’m starting to think that the monster build from the New Asgard set is made up… “the Shadow Monster” just doesn’t sound like an official character

To spot it is easy, its the last scene where mighty thor shows up. In the background u can see people fighting tentacle creatures.

the box also features the cruise ships seen in the trailer. I think Gorr attacks new asgard and flees and they gather the team to go after him in the goat boat.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:16 AM, Legocentrico said:

I saw a 3D puzzle of the Stark Tower branded "Infinity Saga" in pre-order.  This confirms that the tower is an official "Infinity Saga" subject.  Last year we saw some subjects shared by different brands, this means that they are commissioned directly by Disney, and the tower could actually be our D2C 

Where did u see this?! I love 3D puzzles!!!!

I found this: https://www.propsandreplicas.co.uk/collections/puzzles-3d-puzzles/products/marvel-studios-avengers-tower-3d-puzzle-avengers-officially-licensed

And the infinity war series one based on avengers 1:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-stark-tower-3d-model-puzzle-kit/ct51024

Just opened up Goat Boat set and it’s great! Only thing I wish we would’ve seen with this set is printed arms for Jane Foster Thor. I think it’s very needed. Really hope Firestar Toys gives us some.

Anyone seen any of the usually sources referencing a Nanogauntlet set? 

Seen a post on Reddit and some speculation in a Brickclicker video but the last time I seen that it led to the false rumours of a “Tower of Fate” set and the Disney+ series 2 CMF series. 

Find myself wishing the days to go quicker so we can get the Sanctum reveal and some news. I really want to see the Hulkbuster MKII, see if it's worth getting and modifying.

3 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

An Instagram post claims that it was stated by Promobricks :shrug_oh_well: It sounds fairly likely given the price of the set. The prior information we had did not have a release date (Claims of August 1st). I'm not adding it to the list until we get confirmation by Promobricks in some form though - but it would hint more towards a legacy Summer Wave.

promobricks didn't mention Nano Gauntlet 🤔
I wouldn't mind, but this year we have too many buildable objects (iron man, hammer, groot). Stop please, i want some playset

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Pretty sure this rumor originated on a troll "leaker" IG page that I wont dignify by naming. No idea why it suddenly has traction.

10 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

promobricks didn't mention Nano Gauntlet 🤔
I wouldn't mind, but this year we have too many buildable objects (iron man, hammer, groot). Stop please, i want some playset

Agreed!

Something seems off. Promobricks don’t seem to mention this anywhere (neither in their IG story nor on the website), so some joker probably made it up, went “promobricks said so!” and everybody ran with that without verifying it themselves :tongue:

I wouldn’t mind such a set though

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Pretty sure Promobricks listed the set number and price, and now clickbait news sites on instagram are making the assumption. I would not put any credence into this until we get some more information from a trustworthy source.