Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 12/19/2022 at 2:30 AM, bricksandabear said:

Honestly the variety of ball joint pieces is shockingly sparse for how common they are used in Lego's current "mech meta." These pieces still only exist in grey, SMH.

Ignoring that new black double ball piece the ball joints are colour locked as they are made from PC not ABS so the colours fade a lot according to designers. The closest Lego colours they could get are the “DBG”and “LBG”that are actually slightly off the exact color of DBG and LBG.

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

Can we safely assume that Quantumabia set will not release on Jan 1st?

I don't think there's ever been a non-D2C set that hadn't leaked in some capacity with that little time until release. This is purely speculation on my part, but I doubt it'll even make March 1st given that (unless I missed something) we don't have any information about the set. 

With Table Football hitting 30% off after not even two months, I really hope the Hulkbuster follows suit in January. Even with how much I hate parts of the design it's a no-brainer purchase at $400 or less given the sheer size and compatibility with the Iron Man Figure. I'd also be really interested in seeing a modification!

Hope it's okay to post this: I just pulled the trigger on the Battle at the Ancient Village (set 76177) from 2021's Marvel - Shang-Chi theme. It was 50% off at Amazon, and I plan on getting ride of the base and turning the aqua parts of the dragon to white.

Just curious: has anybody else done color swapping of the dragon from that set?

I'm also planning on getting the Spider-car and turning it into the MORBILE on January 1st... I figured I'll just leave off the stickers and not put on a set of headlights to keep it simple. Thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

figured I'll just leave off the stickers and not put on a set of headlights to keep it simple. Thoughts?

There are no stickers in that set, so you’d need to swap out the hood :laugh:

1 hour ago, squiz18 said:

Are they the next sets we are expecting to see? 

It's a single set, and we have no idea when it'll release. 

But the next sets we have on our radars are for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and Quantumania. Probably the only ones left for 1HY (unless The Marvels set releases in May).

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's a single set, and we have no idea when it'll release. 

But the next sets we have on our radars are for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and Quantumania. Probably the only ones left for 1HY (unless The Marvels set releases in May).

I wouldn’t say only ones left 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What else is there to reveal tho? 

I think he was implying The Marvel sets will release on the first HY.

Either that or more comic Spider-man sets.

So Charlie Cox said Daredevil: Born Again will be "less gory" and geared towards a "younger audience."

Lego sets on the table now??

34 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I think he was implying The Marvel sets will release on the first HY.

Either that or more comic Spider-man sets.

That honestly would be so interesting if we get The Marvels super early, kind of like those Eternals sets...

Also looking forward to potential NWH sets in the summer. 2023 is hopefully going to be a good year

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Marvel Modular? More comic sets? What If Season 2 sets? X-Men 97 sets? There are polybags to reveal too. NWH sets tho doubtful

Edited by upliftingbricks

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More unknown things

not the marvels set

Edited by Falconfan1414

33 minutes ago, hvader said:

So Charlie Cox said Daredevil: Born Again will be "less gory" and geared towards a "younger audience."

Lego sets on the table now??

Hopefully we get something for Daredevil whether its directly based on the MCU or loosely tied in based on the comics. Normally I'm fine with most of the Disney+ Marvel content getting skipped over but I'd gladly make an exception in this case.

30 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Marvel Modular? More comic sets? What If Season 2 sets? X-Men 97 sets? There are polybags to reveal too. NWH sets tho doubtful

I think there's room for NWH and Infinity Saga sets, especially with the second half of 2023 being a completely blank slate for new MCU movies. It would be a good time to catch up on anything that's been missed from the older films while they have some room to breath.

I do really hope we get some X-Men 97 sets. Lego really raised the bar with the semi-UCS Benatar and Quinjet sets and I'd love to see something similar for the Blackbird. The X-Mansion and a stand alone Sentinel set would be awesome too.

It’s funny - next year has a decent amount of new MCU projects that are exciting enough, but I still look forward to NWH sets more than anything else. Lego are certainly aware of the demand if that interview MiniSuperHeroesToday had Mark Stafford is any indication.

If we do get them, I hope the sets are of a good enough quality to make the wait worth it. I would love to see both Goblin variants (that purple hood and goggles look is fantastic) and all three Spider-Men decked out with good printing and alternate heads. Not to mention the fact that basing these on the film itself rather than pre-release concept art means the sets will be accurate to the source material too.

It’s what I want most out of this theme for 2023, really hope we don’t have to wait until 2024 and beyond :laugh:

Edited by Kaijumeister

funko is revealing a modular set of the battle on the statue of liberty.  that battle was meant to be a toy, I see no other explanation.  if Lego doesn't make a set, I'm selling the whole collection

ps.  today i went to buy hulkbuster and i saw her live for the first time.  she's gorgeous.  ok, the design flaws are there… but it is beautiful…

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

funko is revealing a modular set of the battle on the statue of liberty.  that battle was meant to be a toy, I see no other explanation.  if Lego doesn't make a set, I'm selling the whole collection

ps.  today i went to buy hulkbuster and i saw her live for the first time.  she's gorgeous.  ok, the design flaws are there… but it is beautiful…

Wouldnt it be cool if Lego did the Funko idea and released a wave of NWH sets that’s each a scene from the final battle, and they can combine into the giant statue of liberty?

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Maybe he did say this specifically super recently, but in the interview yesterday all of his stuff was responding to what the interviewer asked and saying he thinks it can still work being less gory, and that he'd be ok with it. He never actually stated that the show would be for a younger audience. Many leakers have claimed it will indeed be TV-MA still, and if you read his full interview, he says he thinks Daredevil can keep the tone and maturity without that rating. I doubt lego would suddenly become ok with it if it's TV-14 if it's still spiritually the same DD. These are the guys who won't put comic deadpool in a set despite the fact because the movies about him are R rated.

On 12/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

With Table Football hitting 30% off after not even two months, I really hope the Hulkbuster follows suit in January. Even with how much I hate parts of the design it's a no-brainer purchase at $400 or less given the sheer size and compatibility with the Iron Man Figure. I'd also be really interested in seeing a modification!

I'm tempted to buy the Table Football at the discounted price but even $170+ for that item feels too much! I could not get myself to spend that amount for that, as much as I like the minifigs.

Great idea about the Hulkbuster! The Iron Man Figure looks like an emaciated model, and the MOC is just fantastic! But I guess the Hulkbuster is not on sale right now because Lego is probably still able to sell some, compared to the Table Football.

6 ore fa, hvader ha detto:

Non sarebbe bello se Lego facesse l'idea di Funko e rilasciasse un'ondata di set NWH che è ciascuno una scena della battaglia finale, e possono combinarsi nella gigantesca statua della libertà?

Given that I would be happy for any No Way Home set, I don't think this solution would work for lego, because the individual sets would be unusable.  A large d2c would be better.  don't need to reproduce the whole statue, they could do from the bust up, with scaffolding around it and a thousand game functions

15 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Given that I would be happy for any No Way Home set, I don't think this solution would work for lego, because the individual sets would be unusable.  A large d2c would be better.  don't need to reproduce the whole statue, they could do from the bust up, with scaffolding around it and a thousand game functions

I don't think it needs to be a D2C personally. Save that spot for the next modular building. Just release the NWH finale as a large retail set like the Spider-Man Bridge Battle. 8 minifigures is enough to cover the 3 different Spider-Men and each villain.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't think it needs to be a D2C personally. Save that spot for the next modular building. Just release the NWH finale as a large retail set like the Spider-Man Bridge Battle. 8 minifigures is enough to cover the 3 different Spider-Men and each villain.

I would also love a set line.  The important thing is to get all 8!  The d2c speech is dangerous, nothing guarantees a new modular and I'm afraid of a new bust or something similar… so if I had to choose between a safe statue of liberty and an unknown one, I would choose the statue 😄 I also wonder if we will have so many buildable objects too this year, I think 1 a year is more than enough 😒