Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Meadius said:

but Spider-Man has dozens of other villains to pick from that don't necessitate making a new mold with limited uses.

Yeah but we dont get any of those either

I think lego thinks we only need venom, carnage, green goblin and sandman to fight spiderman. 
I just wish that all the fake lego makers produce more comic based marvel baddies (and heroes too) because lego won’t do it. 

btw what’s up with the advertorial banner on EB i’ve been seeing on top of the page since today?

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

I think you kinda answered the question right there–it's probably because of the mask requiring a new mold. I imagine we'll get him eventually, but Spider-Man has dozens of other villains to pick from that don't necessitate making a new mold with limited uses.

Yeah, but just looking at the year, Lego has made new specialized molds for rhino, doc ock, Jane foster, attuma, shuri, etc

they could definitely make a comic book electro, honestly I’m surprised he wasn’t in the daily bugle, with most of the sinister 6 in the bugle

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah but we dont get any of those either

I was more so referring to the guys we already get, but yeah dozens isn't really accurate since it's basically the same six villains every year with one unique one thrown in. At least this time it's the Morb. 

52 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, but just looking at the year, Lego has made new specialized molds for rhino, doc ock, Jane foster, attuma, shuri, etc

they could definitely make a comic book electro, honestly I’m surprised he wasn’t in the daily bugle, with most of the sinister 6 in the bugle

I'm not sure that there's any concrete source on this but it seems like MCU stuff generally gets more budget than comic stuff, hence why it tends to have a lot more new molds. That's a good point about Rhino though, the mold is definitely not going to get any use outside of that specific character. The only other potential reason I can think of for why they might be hesitant to make the classic electro design would be that the mask would probably be fragile, but they've done plenty of other specialized pieces before that are not hard to break so I'm not sure how much of a consideration that really is. 

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

I was more so referring to the guys we already get, but yeah dozens isn't really accurate since it's basically the same six villains every year with one unique one thrown in. At least this time it's the Morb. 

I'm not sure that there's any concrete source on this but it seems like MCU stuff generally gets more budget than comic stuff, hence why it tends to have a lot more new molds. That's a good point about Rhino though, the mold is definitely not going to get any use outside of that specific character. The only other potential reason I can think of for why they might be hesitant to make the classic electro design would be that the mask would probably be fragile, but they've done plenty of other specialized pieces before that are not hard to break so I'm not sure how much of a consideration that really is. 

This. MCU sets get a certain budget just because their sales are so massive compared to comic sets. The Morbius set for example (all hail morb) isnt going to sell anywhere near enough to warrant some kind of morbius-specific mold.

Rhino is also one of the most popular characters in the Spidey cartoon... Electro less so. I dont really see any great reason for Lego to make a classic Electro mold because nobody would clamor to get the set for it alone. The only classic Spiderman unique mold I'm aware of is Scorpion in the D2C*? set from years ago.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

At least this time it's the Morb. 

This is the first new Spidey villain we've seen since Mysterio in 2019 (MCU)/2020 (comics). And before that the last time we got new Spidey villains were 2016

kids dont know electro with the pointy mask(if they even know him at all) Lego primarily makes toys kids want to BUY ( and parents, grandparents buy as gifts for kids) 

Spider-man, Ironman , hulk and the others seen in the movies and cartoons that kids watch.

if we AFOL are lucky they make a sanctum set or a black panther bust(that they think we want).

this is the same discussion going on in the DC thread. Kids know batman, kids like batman everyone else not so much especially if there are no movies or cartoons aimed at kids. no SUICIDE squad, no peacemaker it all makes perfect sense once you realize Lego makes toys for kids not adults

so even if you think lego would sell a million electros to adult collectors the cost of a new mold, that really wouldnt appeal to the  millionS of  kids, just isnt worth it 

1 ora fa, Quicksilver838 ha detto:

Questo è il primo nuovo cattivo di Spidey che abbiamo visto da Mysterio nel 2019 (MCU)/2020 (comics). E prima di questo l'ultima volta che abbiamo avuto nuovi cattivi Spidey è stato il 2016

Isn't Black Cat a villain?

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

For the sake of argument: Yes.

5 hours ago, Meadius said:

The only other potential reason I can think of for why they might be hesitant to make the classic electro design would be that the mask would probably be fragile

This is most likely not the main reason, but I'm going to take the chance to pitch my idea: Instead of using hard plastic, they should use a more ruber-y material to keep it from breaking, like Captain Marvel's short lived helmet or some of the longer minidolls hairpieces.

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Well she's undeniably a criminal, but not necessarily always a villain. Anti hero at best

On 12/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Killian said:

There's a live action female Doc Ock in some obscure Marvel series who's Otto's daughter; but the main/most well known female Doc Ock is the parallel universe female version from Into The Spiderverse. As far as we know so far, there's no male version on that Earth.

what series?

14 hours ago, Surge said:

what series?

Can't find the image I saw for the Assassin daughter of Doc Ock on a google search last week now. Thinking it must have been fan made ???

23 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

The only classic Spiderman unique mold I'm aware of is Scorpion in the D2C*? set from years ago.

Yeah, LEGO only introduced villains without movie exposition in big sets (Scorpion  and Kraven in the bridge), and the Scorpion mold was reused in a mighty micros set.

Lego focused heavily on Mysterio and Vulture, for instance, after their debut in the movies. This means NWH might actually propel LEGO to release a 616 Electro in the future (and a 616 Lizard). But at the moment there was not even time for proper NWH sets.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Yeah, LEGO only introduced villains without movie exposition in big sets (Scorpion  and Kraven in the bridge), and the Scorpion mold was reused in a mighty micros set.

Lego focused heavily on Mysterio and Vulture, for instance, after their debut in the movies. This means NWH might actually propel LEGO to release a 616 Electro in the future (and a 616 Lizard). But at the moment there was not even time for proper NWH sets.

On the other hand, they didn't make new molds for Vulture and used the existing one for Mysterio, whereas 616 electro (At least, goofy mask electro) and lizard would need new molds, and not ones from their NWH designs. 

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

[…] whereas 616 electro (At least, goofy mask electro) and lizard would need new molds, and not ones from their NWH designs. 

Technically, they could introduce new parts for the NWH designs which could then be repurposed for comic versions. Electro very VERY briefly sports a version of the silly classic mask made of electricity and the most important thing a bigfig Lizard needs is his tail. The face could be realised as a print for either version.

So if they really wanted to, they could introduce both these parts in NWH sets. Incredibly unlikely, but not impossible :tongue:

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Bruh why are there no Across the Spiderverse Lego...

WHY????

Imagine if they made battle packs from this film. 3/4 different Spider Men for £15

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Imagine if they made battle packs from this film. 3/4 different Spider Men for £15

Those would sell out on day 1

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Bruh why are there no Across the Spiderverse Lego...

WHY????

Because they all would have been held back over a year.

Honestly, between the amount of stuff from the first film in this trailer and some of the audio/visual stuff, I think it's gonna get delayed AGAIN. No rush on them, better a good film later than a bad one now, but keeping that June date in the new trailer seems... bold. Not to mention most of the spider-men we've seen highlighted in the merch haven't been focused on in the trailer. Scarlet Spider, Cyborg Spider-Woman, Spider-Punk, even Spot haven't had a single shot where they're in focus. (I'm sure punk or scarlet was in the background of a shot at some point, but Bombastic Bag Man had more focus than them if so.)

I'd made peace with ths fact that we weren't getting Spiderverse sets, but that trailer really reopened the wound. Hopefully we at least get some more characters from the next one like we did for the original. 

6 hours ago, Meadius said:

I'd made peace with ths fact that we weren't getting Spiderverse sets, but that trailer really reopened the wound. Hopefully we at least get some more characters from the next one like we did for the original. 

Realistically, the only one I'm hoping for is Scarlet Spider, but

spider man unlimited is in the trailer.... now that said so is literally everyone else, but c'mon, even if the show was rough that's gotta be one of the most unique spidey designs to get a mainline show.

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

spider man unlimited is in the trailer

The whole Spider-Man Unlimited fanbase is euphoric! The 2 guys!

31 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The whole Spider-Man Unlimited fanbase is euphoric! The 2 guys!

Is it possible to be a fan of just the suit design and nothing else about that show?

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is it possible to be a fan of just the suit design and nothing else about that show?

Seems to be the consensus

If the postal service doesn’t screw it up, I will receive all of the January sets tomorrow :excited: Let me know if there’s anything specific you wanna see!